Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

post your favorite bizarre facts about the star wars eu here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Chewbacca was killed by a moon falling on him

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There was a clone of Luke Skywalker named Luuke and another one named Luuuke.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Han also brawled with an otter but I don't think it was the same one.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I bid you all dark greetings, and welcome you to our Moffship for our Mofference.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Trioculus was a three eyed mutant warlord who falsely claimed to be Sheev’s son and should not be confused with Palpatine’s *actual* three eyed mutant baby, Triclops

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

LGD posted:

Trioculus was a three eyed mutant warlord who falsely claimed to be Sheev’s son and should not be confused with Palpatine’s *actual* three eyed mutant baby, Triclops

makes sense to me, itd be hard to impersonate someone if you didnt have a similar name

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Lando once hung out with a crooked cop who looked like Big Bird

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

skasion posted:

Lando once hung out with a crooked cop who looked like Big Bird

lando once did a naked, oiled wall climb w/ his cyborg buddy lobot while c3po and r2d2 looked on, voyeuristically

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 22, 2020

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Hohass Ekwesh was a man with a horse head. He was mercy killed by his best friend Piggy.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Luke’s childhood nickname was “Wormy”

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Horse

Pilot

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Wedge Antilles had two death stars painted on the side of his X-Wing

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
there is a living mirror liquid made of gold on a planet that never gets mentioned again and a dark jedi who runs an orphanage where he keeps his own son and psychologically abuses him sacrifices these children to the mirror-man. Also he works for the empire.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Waru was a trans-dimensional being hailing from a universe parallel to the galaxy's own. His species differed from those known to New Republic databases. Waru was considered a healer by many, due to his ability to treat injuries utilizing his own body. Physically, Waru was predominantly blob-shaped, and consisted of several golden plates acting as shields around a layer of raw, permeable tissue. A thick, syrupy liquid, comparable to ichor, flowed freely from within Waru through the spaces between the covering plates. The inside of Waru was much larger than the outside revealed, allowing three adult Humans enough space to swim through. Waru's interior was also breathable by Humans.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

wow i think hes from the demons souls universe

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

so was Rey's dad Triclops?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Breathing waru's goo.

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

Jizz was first mentioned in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization, authored by Ryder Windham and released in 2017. In an interview with The Big Event podcast, Alden Ehrenreich talked about research for his role as Han Solo, and mentioned that he read articles on Wookieepedia, taking note of Jizz among others.[2]

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Abysswalker posted:

Jizz was first mentioned in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization, authored by Ryder Windham and released in 2017. In an interview with The Big Event podcast, Alden Ehrenreich talked about research for his role as Han Solo, and mentioned that he read articles on Wookieepedia, taking note of Jizz among others.[2]

This is not a science fact. You need the Legends Jizz article

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

you're right. i'll make a separate thread for this. apologies for the derail

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

LGD posted:

actually neither were palpatine basicaly space raped some women with sith magic/science for various experements but he got bored. those two dipshits the result.

https://www.starwars.com/news/barely-tolerable-alien-henchmen-of-the-empire-part-1

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Before Kessel was retconned to have Coaxium mines, they were spice mines run by a frog person who kept a harem of frog women trapped in a giant rape dungeon for when he got frog horny.

There was also a Death Star prototype guarding the planet for some reason and space Jedi Jesus turns evil and mindrapes Wedge’s girlfriend who used to work on the prototype

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Skippy to goddamned jedi droid killed himself so R2D2 could fulfill his destiny

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hazo posted:

Before Kessel was retconned to have Coaxium mines, they were spice mines run by a frog person who kept a harem of frog women trapped in a giant rape dungeon for when he got frog horny.

There was also a Death Star prototype guarding the planet for some reason and space Jedi Jesus turns evil and mindrapes Wedge’s girlfriend who used to work on the prototype

also the lady in charge of death star prototype was Peter cushings gently caress toy and she eventually becomes president.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Dapper_Swindler posted:

also the lady in charge of death star prototype was Peter cushings gently caress toy and she eventually becomes president.

lmao that’s right, Tarkin gave her four star destroyers and basically told her to gently caress off to the secret installation protecting the prototype because ~women in empire are bad but he thought she was *special*~ and unfortunately the place was so secret she didn’t know about the empire getting nuked

So she abandons the people on the ds prototype to go on some weird rampage and promptly gets all her star destroyers blown up because she’s so incompetent. It was really just bonkers insulting to women

And then yeah she becomes space president for some reason.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Hazo posted:

lmao that’s right, Tarkin gave her four star destroyers and basically told her to gently caress off to the secret installation protecting the prototype because ~women in empire are bad but he thought she was *special*~ and unfortunately the place was so secret she didn’t know about the empire getting nuked

So she abandons the people on the ds prototype to go on some weird rampage and promptly gets all her star destroyers blown up because she’s so incompetent. It was really just bonkers insulting to women

And then yeah she becomes space president for some reason.

Before that happened she lost like 200 more star destroyers after somehow becoming president of the empire while they were still evil (i legit don't remember how she pulled this off)
and then picking a fight with a bunch of teenage jedi trainees

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

He's got his own planet,
Although it's kind of wild.
Wookiees love him.
Women love him.
He's got a winning smile!
Though he may seem cool and cocky,
He's more sensitive than he seems,

Han Solo,
What a man! Solo.
He's every Princess's dream!

composed and performed by noted artist C-3PO

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cptn_dr posted:

Han also brawled with an otter but I don't think it was the same one.

hell is otter people

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Qui-Gon Jinn looked and smelled like a hobo:

Wookieepedia posted:

Jinn considered caring for one's physical appearance a futility. However, his looks and behavior were not unanimously approved within the Jedi order. Although he admittedly revered his colleague, Jedi Master Tholme once commented that Qui-Gon Jinn looked neglected "like a Bantha" and exhaled a foul body odor reminiscent of that of a Rodian. Tholme also criticized Jinn for taking "every word" from his own mouth as a pearl of wisdom.[60]

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Asgerd posted:

Qui-Gon Jinn looked and smelled like a hobo:

lol this owns

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Corran Horn, when the hackiest writer literally combines Luke and Han to create the ultimate Mary Sue character.

That said, the X-wing books are fun. Corran Horn could have been removed from them and they'd still be an ok read.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Jose Oquendo posted:

Corran Horn, when the hackiest writer literally combines Luke and Han to create the ultimate Mary Sue character.

That said, the X-wing books are fun. Corran Horn could have been removed from them and they'd still be an ok read.

The wraith squadron ones written by another author were better, mostly because they had less corran

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

silvergoose posted:

The wraith squadron ones written by another author were better, mostly because they had less corran

You are correct. Those were also the ones with a Gamorrean pilot and a genetically enhanced Ewok pilot if I'm not mistaken.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

You are correct. Those were also the ones with a Gamorrean pilot and a genetically enhanced Ewok pilot if I'm not mistaken.

No the ewok was a joke Wes contrived and then wedge had to keep it up in the cockpit

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Unless you mean right at the end of solo command where Lara gara kirney finds one and thinks it's a joke

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

I've read these books too many times

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
There's a Hutt Jedi

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Jabba the Hutt used to be swole as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Pick posted:

There's a Hutt Jedi

Also, Boba Fett was knocked into the scarlacc by a blind Han Solo, escaped, and then was tossed back in by some jawas a couple days later. Also that the sarlacc could communicate telepathically with its victims