Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The MSJ posted:

Spree
Stranger Things star Joe Keery plays a ride-share driver who wants to become a social media superstar. His car is decked out with all kinds of cameras to broadcast live but when a comedian with her own social media aspirations gets into the car, all hell breaks loose.

Boy you could not make a more turn of the decade time capsule than this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Terry Jones, of Monty Python and Labyrinth, passed away at 77.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Alan Smithee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0p4Im88wSg

zany master humorist max landis is back

Comments disabled and he's only managed to get views from about 6% of his subscribers. It's going well!

Interesting symbolism in growing a beard for his comeback, like a rapist trying to evade a photo-fit. Rat-faced knacker.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
maybe that's bizzaro Max and parodoxically the good one

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Which one wrote Bright

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

smug jeebus posted:

Which one wrote Bright

Neither. Bright was heavily rewritten by David Ayer.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's like when you watched Dragon Ball Z back in the day, and the incredibly bombastic narrator would spend five minutes recapping the events of the previous episode at the start, and then describe most of the events of the next episode at the end, so you basically only needed to watch every third episode or so to keep up with things. Next time, on DRAGON! BALL! Z!

My fav was the one that went almost literally "Which fighter will die in this next fight? Stay tuned for the next episode 'Dende Dies'!" *cut to image of his corpse*

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

smug jeebus posted:

Which one wrote Bright

That was Mal Xandis, who will die if he says his name backwards.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Terry Jones, of Monty Python and Labyrinth, passed away at 77.

[extremely Dewey Cox dad voice]

wrong terry died

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The MSJ posted:

Those were about anthropomorphic roller-coasters. Not to be confused with the play about anthropomorphic trains.

The worst part about Cats bombing so spectacularly is that we'll likely never get a Starlight Express movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

That was Mal Xandis, who will die if he says his name backwards.

sidnaX laM! sidnaX laM! sidnaX laM!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Gonz posted:

Agent Smith but he runs a hot dog cart company called Agent Smith’s Matrix Hot Dogs.

Agent Smith gets stuck inside Commando and wonders why everyone calls him Matrix

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0p4Im88wSg

zany master humorist max landis is back
I really hope he never procreates. John's parenting made him a bigger piece of poo poo than John by a wide margin. Max can only be a worse parent than that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Isn't this some weird book that had a let's read thread in the book barn

I was thinking of a My Strange Addiction episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_ZrZQMXqPY

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AceOfFlames posted:

That consent law petition was really something, huh?

:staredog:

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

got any sevens posted:

Agent Smith gets stuck inside Commando and wonders why everyone calls him Matrix

Agent Smith gets stuck inside Commando as a random grunt on that Island, and he knows the plot of the movie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The French, in general, have really hosed-up views regarding sex, gender roles and equality.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The MSJ posted:

Happy Happy, Joy Joy - The Ren and Stimpy Story
Despite what the title suggests, this documentary about the cult Nickelodeon show isn’t all positive. It goes through the history of the show but will focus heavily on recent accusations of underage sexual abuse by its creator John Kricfalusi.

Yeah, probably going to watch this one, since it says it's not pulling any punches on John K. Hell, my first avatar here was R&S, so I'd love to see the behinds the scenes stuff.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

got any sevens posted:

“Hey Mr. Anderson, remember when I promised to kill you last?”

“That’s right, Smith, you did!”

“I LIED.”

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I've always loved the fact that his name is Tom Anderson

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I've always loved the fact that his name is Tom Anderson

Smith is mad as hell that Neo and Morpheus keep whacking off in his toolshed.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
So how’s the future of streaming entertainment doing?
https://twitter.com/jessicalessin/status/1219798151487352832?s=21

quote:

Quibi CEO Meg Whitman lashed out against the media at an “all-hands” staff meeting last Thursday, drawing an analogy between reporters who cultivate sources and sexual predators who prey on underage victims, according to two people who heard her comments.
:chloe:

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
This isn't the guillotine thread

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

wtf is quibi

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

McCloud posted:

wtf is quibi

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

aware of dog posted:

So how’s the future of streaming entertainment doing?
https://twitter.com/jessicalessin/status/1219798151487352832?s=21

:chloe:

Isn't Meg Whitman the woman who ran Hewlett-Packard into the ground?

McCloud posted:

wtf is quibi

A short-form mobile video platform that Jeffrey Katzenberg dreamed up. It launches in a few months.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Timby posted:

A short-form mobile video platform that Jeffrey Katzenberg dreamed up. It launches in a few months.

So, YouTube then? Genius.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Quibi sounds like a block of super boring educational children's programming that would air on network television on Sunday mornings.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TikTok isn't dumb enough apparently.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Casimir Radon posted:

TikTok isn't dumb enough apparently.

Hopefully this new idea won't be an app whose primary feature is being a data farming tool for the Chinese government.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Was 'Quibi' what the Dude, Where's My Car? guys kept saying?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
In a just world meg Whitman would get the cleaning crew salary and they would get hers

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Timby posted:

Isn't Meg Whitman the woman who ran Hewlett-Packard into the ground?

She also was the Republican candidate for California governor in 2010. She financed her own campaign and ended up losing by double-digits. I think she spent something like a quarter of a billion dollars of her own money.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I'll never forgive Max Landis for making Dirk Gently so good and then being a big enough piece of poo poo to get it tainted so much there was no chance of anyone else taking it over. There were probably other reasons for its cancellation but gently caress him.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Enos Cabell posted:

So, YouTube then? Genius.

Yeah, but where all the content is micromanaged to the nth degree by an out of touch old guy.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

LifeLynx posted:

I'll never forgive Max Landis for making Dirk Gently so good and then being a big enough piece of poo poo to get it tainted so much there was no chance of anyone else taking it over. There were probably other reasons for its cancellation but gently caress him.

Well, the second season was terrible, for one thing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chairman Capone posted:

She also was the Republican candidate for California governor in 2010. She financed her own campaign and ended up losing by double-digits. I think she spent something like a quarter of a billion dollars of her own money.

Her :airquote: own :airquote: money.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Well, the second season was terrible, for one thing.

It was actually really very good, but it definitely hit a few bad lows in terms of quality here and there.

The reason it got canceled by BBC America was that absolutely no one in the world was watching it, which was somehow a step down from the first season, which merely no one was watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1220103080185753600