Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Mr. Steak posted:

also this is the first time i rolled town in like 5 consecutive games, so lets do this!

Really? You think we are going to believe that this is the game you finally roll town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's stomp these guys with their globalism agenda :tinfoil:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Really? You think we are going to believe that this is the game you finally roll town?

this is why i loving screeched the last 2 times i rolled scum, because nobody is ever going to trust me until i have like 3+ useless town games where i get mislynched.

anyway, my ability is, luckily, one that can be easily confirmed during dayphase. not that it reflects on alignment, but still

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

People won't trust you then either, you curr

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway, my ability is, luckily, one that can be easily confirmed during dayphase. not that it reflects on alignment, but still

Lol classic Steak; the first bead of sweat has already appeared.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its really a power with very limited utility, but its really funny that i rolled it, since it's almost a meme of my playstyle

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
here:

##vote 2penny
##vote leith
##vote sal

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

here:

##vote 2penny
##vote leith
##vote sal

Second bead of sweat, now watch the self claim in 3...2...1.....

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Second bead of sweat, now watch the self claim in 3...2...1.....

im just showing y'all my ability instead of claiming it. there's literally no reason not to claim this ability immediately haha.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it needs mod intervention to manifest accurately in votefinder, but basically i can vote for 3 different people at once.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Steak has votes on all three. I will figure out how to make votefinder reflect this.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

jordanpeelesweat.gif

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Amnistar posted:

Steak has votes on all three. I will figure out how to make votefinder reflect this.

Just lol for creating a role that forces you to manually track Steak's insane vote ramblings.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

i also have no desire to update my power, (unless it updates in a way i dont expect, but i doubt it)

and this is because voting for more than 3 different people would be literally the least helpful thing late-game. and i cant double-vote on anyone. MAYBE my update would be that, but its not worth hunting a specific country who may very well be town. but if russia happens to die, i'll claim what the upgrade was.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Leith Maclaine (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (1): IllegallySober
2 penny bottle imp (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (1): Mr. Steak

Not Voting (14): 2 penny bottle imp, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, charms, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen, Mr. Humalong, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard, xiw

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 7:03 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 20 hours.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

and this is because voting for more than 3 different people would be literally the least helpful thing late-game. and i cant double-vote on anyone. MAYBE my update would be that, but its not worth hunting a specific country who may very well be town. but if russia happens to die, i'll claim what the upgrade was.

Lol so you've already claimed your ability + your target. Real nice. You sure youre not scum?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Confirming Totally Town, ginnis!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Lol so you've already claimed your ability + your target. Real nice. You sure youre not scum?

what's scummy about either of these things?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Amnistar posted:

Heads up if he unvoted or changes votes you need to do it manually in vf too, every time.

Its why I never use multivoters, pain in the butt

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Retro Futurist posted:

Heads up if he unvoted or changes votes you need to do it manually in vf too, every time.

My regret is palpable.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Steak, can you put three votes on the same person or just three votes on different people? When you vote, must you place all three votes?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

the truth surpasses votefinder.

aka always read my posts :v:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Steak, can you put three votes on the same person or just three votes on different people? When you vote, must you place all three votes?

no, i dont have to place all 3. it can only be different people. hence the VERY limited utility.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

what's scummy about either of these things?
What's pro-Town about any of these things?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote sal

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

What's pro-Town about any of these things?

for one thing, it gets the steak discussion out of the way during jokephase. because regardless of my alignment, nobody here can even argue that its pro-town to let discussion revolve around me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hmmm

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

no, i dont have to place all 3. it can only be different people. hence the VERY limited utility.

Except (if you're even telling the truth) being able to stack votes on the same player would be the obvious upgrade, and would be a dangerous power on a secret-alliance aligned player (SAAP).

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Hi

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Except (if you're even telling the truth) being able to stack votes on the same player would be the obvious upgrade, and would be a dangerous power on a secret-alliance aligned player (SAAP).

except from the perspective of scum, that's a very dangerous power for a town player to have.

please don't encourage a NK on me

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

for one thing, it gets the steak discussion out of the way during jokephase. because regardless of my alignment, nobody here can even argue that its pro-town to let discussion revolve around me.
I feel you're acting really self-conscious and awkward. (Also I should probably consult an AI about your alignment since apparently it is clairvoyant, based on last game).

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

I feel you're acting really self-conscious and awkward.

maybe im less self-assured when i don't know who all the scum players are.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Already a panic from Steak. We are what, 2 hours in?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

except from the perspective of scum, that's a very dangerous power for a town player to have.
I don't see the logic in that supposition. Explain?

Mr. Steak posted:

please don't encourage a NK on me
This strikes me as a theatrical way to say "look at me I'm so town and thus I am very worried about being nightkilled you see". Especially for someone who is making a big deal about having a useless power out of the gate. If you're Town, why advertise that you're a "bad nightkill choice" and help the SAAPs zero in on useful roles like potential investigators? And then contradict yourself with a statement criticising someone for "encouraging a nightkill on you".

I don't like the looks of it.
##vote Mr. Steak

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its really weird that a number of you are characterizing this as flailing.

for one thing, nobody's even voting for me and i am more than used to getting votes on me. do you really think im a player who gets flustered at the slightest pressure as scum? you'd just have to look at my last 5 games to see thats the opposite of the case

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

maybe im less self-assured when i don't know who all the scum players are.
So you're just pretending to have a guilty conscience and act all awkward and panicked, just to "get it out of the way"?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

So you're just pretending to have a guilty conscience and act all awkward and panicked, just to "get it out of the way"?

um, no.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nor are those things that im genuinely feeling either, you lovely trap-question asker. your entire question makes no sense.

as scum i would be ignoring you entirely right now

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

its really weird that a number of you are characterizing this as flailing.

for one thing, nobody's even voting for me and i am more than used to getting votes on me. do you really think im a player who gets flustered at the slightest pressure as scum? you'd just have to look at my last 5 games to see thats the opposite of the case
So this time you're flailing, to show that you [I]aren't[I] not Town, in contrast with the other games where you played it cool and didn't get flustered when you were not Town? Do I have that right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote lumpen because he should know me, and this game, better