Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

as scum i would be ignoring you entirely right now
Not if you thought that would be a dead giveaway based on observers of your last games.

The only thing you could do worse at this point would be an OMGUS.

Preview edit: lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

So this time you're flailing, to show that you [I]aren't[I] not Town, in contrast with the other games where you played it cool and didn't get flustered when you were not Town? Do I have that right?

you know my answer. this is not a good-faith question. im not engaging with you anymore after this post (for now, obviously)

1) im not flustered. my genuine inside my own brain self-reflective opinion is "no, i am indeed not feeing flustered". that is a hard truth to me, so im sorry that youre reading me weird but you're wrong. im replying a lot because im eager to finally be town

2) i play it cool as scum because that looks less scummy. and i'm a player who will be read as scummy in a million and one ways, so as scum i have to be hyper-aware of these things. as town, not so much. maybe what youre interpreting as awkward is just a result of me *finally* not having to be performative

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Looking forward to some other peoples' analysis of this. Do you see what I see?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Just lol for creating a role that forces you to manually track Steak's insane vote ramblings.

Amnistar posted:

My regret is palpable.

:golfclap:

Lumpen posted:

Except (if you're even telling the truth) being able to stack votes on the same player would be the obvious upgrade, and would be a dangerous power on a secret-alliance aligned player (SAAP).

Good point here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Looking forward to some other peoples' analysis of this. Do you see what I see?

Not especially, no

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Is joke phase even a loving thing anymore?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Also, not that this is necessarily an imminent concern yet given I started the game and went to sleep and woke up three hours later to 52 unread posts, but Amnistar, do we have lurker rules?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Yea sure. If you have less posts than me in a given day, you dead.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

IllegallySober posted:

Welcome to the Council of Nations.

I have identified the entirety of the scum team:

-CPig
- xiw
-Eat the Rich
-RF

You’re welcome.

##vote CPig

Nope.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Amnistar posted:

Yea sure. If you have less posts than me in a given day, you dead.

Quick, let’s rolling start someone and then eleven players die :twisted:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

Nope.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Can’t tell who is more scummy, Steak for once again making day 1 of a game about him or Lumpen for feeding into Steak’s megalomania

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Can’t tell who is more scummy, Steak for once again making day 1 of a game about him or Lumpen for feeding into Steak’s megalomania

im honestly offended that you have this opinion of me (between lots of games).

idk what to say to it. im not doing this on purpose. i claimed because my role happens to be funny when combined with a player like me, and also has no utility to being secret. sure, part of that has roots in narcissism i suppose, assuming other people would find something amusing based on my own meta. but also who cares? let me find amusement in my own unfortunate mafia meta without leveling real arguments against my character...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i also post a lot. thats not an invitation to have discussion focus solely on myself.

lets instead talk about how lumpen always LOVES jokephase and how its scummy of him to try pushing someone so hard right away?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

both are in character

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

lets instead talk about how lumpen always LOVES jokephase and how its scummy of him to try pushing someone so hard right away?
Ah yes. Yes, go on... talk about that.

I have 150 games in votefinder for you to base this meta case on. Cite your examples.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Ah yes. Yes, go on... talk about that.

I have 150 games in votefinder for you to base this meta case on. Cite your examples.

i'll let you go first. i only have less than 30 games in vf, so it should be easier for you

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, im not gonna let humalong make me self-conscious about posting.

lumpen attacking someone else for a meta case when youre pushing a meta case as your only read isntna good look

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
It is Wednesday my dudes

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
This seems like Town Steak at his purest.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

##vote lumpen because he should know me, and this game, better
So please explain this vote. Give me a view of your thought process...

The way I see it, it's either
1. Blatant OMGUS with a false rationale
2. Purportedly, based on your expectation of my meta knowledge about you from our 4 games together and your own characterization of yourself that you've awkwardly been flailing about right out of the gate in this game.
3. Or based on your meta knowledge of me from those 4 games, from which you have concluded... Hehhe... that Lumpen... hehehe... "LOVES jokephase" and "doesn't push or probe anyone right away."

My friend, I am the inventor of Content Game. Ruining jokephase is like one of the most salient bullet points of my meta.

Signs point to #1. So why are you ginning up misguided lies to cover it?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lumpen posted:

My friend, I am the inventor of Content Game.

Okay, then give the rest of us a content game to play while you continue to tunnel on ol’ Steak-umms here.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, then give the rest of us a content game to play while you continue to tunnel on ol’ Steak-umms here.
Sure. Rules of Content Game: I pose a question, if you answer it with a forthright and contentful utterance then that's good for Town. If you dodge it or refuse or lurk and slow down Content Game, that's bad for Town. Content Game always reveals the a differently-alitned individual every time and when it does I vote them and that's the end of the game.

I encourage anyone to launch their own Content Game at any times, especially anyone who doesn't like my Content Game and thinks they can do better.

Content Game Round 1:
Illegally Sober, name three names.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lumpen posted:

Content Game Round 1:

Xiw, Eat The Rich, RF

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

So please explain this vote. Give me a view of your thought process...

The way I see it, it's either
1. Blatant OMGUS with a false rationale
2. Purportedly, based on your expectation of my meta knowledge about you from our 4 games together and your own characterization of yourself that you've awkwardly been flailing about right out of the gate in this game.
3. Or based on your meta knowledge of me from those 4 games, from which you have concluded... Hehhe... that Lumpen... hehehe... "LOVES jokephase" and "doesn't push or probe anyone right away."

My friend, I am the inventor of Content Game. Ruining jokephase is like one of the most salient bullet points of my meta.

Signs point to #1. So why are you ginning up misguided lies to cover it?

because i was trying to provoke you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lumpen posted:

Content Game Round 1:

Steve, Jake and Monica

I know it wasn't my question but wanted to play anyways

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

IllegallySober posted:

Xiw, Eat The Rich, RF
I note you have chosen 2 people who have not posted since the game started, and one who only made a non-game-related post about modding. Thank you, very interesting.

Content Game Round 2:
Retro Futurist: If you had a gun right now and had to immediately shoot someone among Xiw, Eat the Rich, and Illegally Sober..
1. who would you shoot?
2. who of those would you next hand the gun to?
3. name someone NOT on that list who would you never confide a sensitive personal secret to.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Can someone explain how Content Game is judged? I am interested in this tactic on joke phase?

Sal, Lumpen, Steak

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Lumpen posted:

I note you have chosen 2 people who have not posted since the game started, and one who only made a non-game-related post about modding. Thank you, very interesting.

They were also the three people on my opening-game post I’m not currently voting for.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Leith Maclaine posted:

Can someone explain how Content Game is judged? I am interested in this tactic on joke phase?

Sal, Lumpen, Steak

I’m pretty sure it’s in Master Lumpen’s sole discretion.

Also, you haven’t been called on yet, please raise your hand and wait patiently.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Leith Maclaine posted:

Sal, Lumpen, Steak
Utterances and choices about other players (or avoiding mentioning other players) creates a web of connections and evidence and behavior on the record by which alignment can be discerned. Content creates the basis for seiriousvotes and this kills the jokephase.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
##vote Lumpen

Just going to get this out of the way

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Lumpen posted:

Utterances and choices about other players (or avoiding mentioning other players) creates a web of connections and evidence and behavior on the record by which alignment can be discerned. Content creates the basis for seiriousvotes and this kills the jokephase.

K, I'm trying to increase my skill set in the game. It will be interesting to see.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##Vote lumpen third vote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lumpen posted:

Content Game Round 2:
Retro Futurist: If you had a gun right now and had to immediately shoot someone among Xiw, Eat the Rich, and Illegally Sober..
1. who would you shoot?
3. name someone NOT on that list who would you never confide a sensitive personal secret to.

1. You
2. Retro Futurist
3. You

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Look at all these people flagrantly flouting the rules of Lumpen’s game. So scummy.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lumpen posted:

Content Game Round 2:
1. who would you shoot?

gently caress steak, marry Leith, kill Lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Retro Futurist posted:

I note that you chose to disregard the questions and subvert the Content Game by avoiding content. That indicates that you won't flip Town. SAAP detected. ##vote Retro Futurist This ends my Content Game. Anyine else can start another now. When RF flips we'll shave a new datapoint on the effectiveness of the Content Game method.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

RF was also on my list so sure.

##vote RF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Retro Futurist posted:

Ermmmm, is this where I respond with a kissy face emoji?