Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Was bound to happen:
https://twitter.com/cwilliamson44/status/1219818343223504898?s=21

Rick posted:

Good, the security guard should be there, the cop in paramilitary gear should not.

Literally nothing could’ve made that situation worse than a hepped-up cop deciding it was his time to do some thin blue line hero-act poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Bill Self has lost control of the program!!

EDIT: just saw mizzou lost at home to a&m lol cuonzo is probably out after next year if he doesn't show drastic improvement

Mike_V fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jan 22, 2020

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I watched all the clips that came across my TL but at phone size and never caught, what actually instigates the fight? It's a rivalry and I assume it was chippy all night but what's the inciting incident?

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Chief McHeath posted:

I mean, two KU dudes were trying to stomp/kick a guy on the ground. That's some sort of assault, you have to think.

Also, Walter McCarty being out at Evansville, even after beating UK, sounds like it was because he was having sex with students.

Sucks because I loved Walter as a player, but I guess that's what you learn in the Pitino coaching tree.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I watched all the clips that came across my TL but at phone size and never caught, what actually instigates the fight? It's a rivalry and I assume it was chippy all night but what's the inciting incident?

K State player steals the ball with a few seconds left while KU was trying to run out the clock. Silvio blocks the shot and stands over him calling him a bitch probably. The entire K State bench leaves and rushes him. KU bench follows.

edit: there's a lot of bad blood over similar situations over the past couple years

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jan 22, 2020

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

drat, shits wild

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 16 days!)

cool. when everyone was talking coaching roulette I thought about mentioning McCarty since the Aces hadn't said one word since december.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Good thing that everyone was watching coverage of the Kansas brawl and not Tech's embarrassing TCU loss. The worst "quarters" of basketball Tech's ever played under Beard, 20-5 TCU in the first ten minutes of the 2nd half.

This Tech team has a real problem with its size. Holyfield's OK, but he's our only solid inside player getting any minutes. This lets other teams bully us on the boards and leaves us without any defensive presence inside and with as much helping as we have to do in the middle this year, leaves the kickout 3 wide open.

It would help if the NCAA would clear Joel Ntambwe or if Tyreek Smith is able to start getting playing time after his injury, as those are both 6'8" forwards, but I'm feeling like this year is mostly a wash. Ramsey is just too hot & cold a shooter to rely on to carry our offense.

OTOH, it might mean that Ramsey comes back for his sophomore year if he plays his way out of the first round of the draft, so that'd be pretty fun with Agbo, Peavey, and Burnett coming in. Poor Benson just got his scholarship, would have to give it up :(

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Peanut President posted:

cool. when everyone was talking coaching roulette I thought about mentioning McCarty since the Aces hadn't said one word since december.

yeah, rumors are he knocked up a cheerleader, tried to pay for her to get an abortion, and she responded by filing a Title IX complaint.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
it's pretty hilarious that none of the 5 best coaches in the state of Texas (Drew, Beard, Sampson, Williams, Dixon) are at UT

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

looks like a carvaggio painting, beautiful

can confirm definitively

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Hell yeah 20-0

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

MourningView posted:

ahahahahahhahaha

Condolences to that one Evansville fan, no one deserves this

I can't remember, is he just a bad coach or a bad coach / lovely human being?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

PotatoJudge posted:

I can't remember, is he just a bad coach or a bad coach / lovely human being?

Not a bad person as far as I can tell, just a terrible coach who plays incredibly boring basketball.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/41actionnews/status/1220046825522110465

Also this angle changes things a bit in my opinion. It's the chair that's the thing that will ruin his career.

https://twitter.com/Kyle__Boone/sta...245%26page%3D71

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 22, 2020

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Yep, off to overseas ball

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Two more things. One, this should be my new avatar lmao

And this might be something that saves De Sousa

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7oaCLhnHSw/?igshid=1l4fnqwbl1hvw

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Yeah I always thought he dropped it on his own, either that or he has the weakest hands in the world.

Still, even if he was 'reacting to being engaged' his reaction was to throw down instead of the usual shove back. Either way I'd imagine he'll be back with KU before the end of the season barring some weird Big 12 hammer coming down.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

He should have a future in pro wrestling at least

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL

kiimo posted:

Two more things. One, this should be my new avatar lmao

And this might be something that saves De Sousa

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7oaCLhnHSw/?igshid=1l4fnqwbl1hvw

I am 100% on board with making this a gang tag or whatever it's called.

After watching it a few times a few things: 1) I'm pretty sure when all is said and done there will be more KSU players affected than KU players, 2) Silvio deserves whatever punishment he gets for even picking up the chair in the first place, 3) David McCormack deserves some time too, 4) This whole thing was primarily instigated by KSU with the post-block stand-over being the only escalating action on the part of KU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The only justifiable punishment is to ban Kansas basketball forever.

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.
Obviously Missouri must be punished for this egregious infraction.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer
Send KState to the WAC

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Kirios posted:

all the kansas colleges, just to be safe

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am willing to take the blame on behalf of KU.

For inventing basketball.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kirios posted:

Making Duke retroactive 2018 champs is a bold stance, perhaps too bold even.

Peanut President posted:

all the kansas colleges, just to be safe

Agreed that the true solution to all of this is to collectively suspend Wichita State basketball.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Probably Magic posted:

Making Duke retroactive 2018 champs is a bold stance, perhaps too bold even.

Agreed that the true solution to all of this is to collectively suspend Wichita State basketball.

you got my vote

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This kind of thing will never happen at Koch arena once all the students are armed.

torb main
Jul 28, 2004

SELL SELL SELL
For KU, DeSouza gets 12 games & McCormack 2. For KSU, James Love gets 8 games and Antonio Gordon 3 games.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Means Silvio won't play in Manhattan. Bummer, I was kind of hoping he would start.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
"The players told me they went on the court because they thought the game was over," Kansas State coach Bruce Weber said on Wednesday's Big 12 media teleconference.

lol

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

rip de sousa

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

"The players told me they went on the court because they thought the game was over," Kansas State coach Bruce Weber said on Wednesday's Big 12 media teleconference.

lol

What a loving turd

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I didn't see the game, but I read today that they made the two teams send players back out on the court to shoot technical free throws. It was a 20 point blowout, why? Just seems like a lame attempt by the officials to make it look like they have control.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Livers is the Big Ten POTY because Michigan isn’t an NIT without him, but a sweet 16 team with him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Garza scored 44 against Michigan with him and only 33 without so actually he must stink.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

Livers is the Big Ten POTY because Michigan isn’t an NIT without him, but a sweet 16 team with him.

I mean, I get the joke(ish), but it's Garza. I never want to see that dude again and he needs to turn pro and GO AWAY.

Also current Michigan bad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He isn't going to play in the NBA unless he has a time machine so I think he probably comes back. Wouldn't blame him for jumping though, hard to imagine topping this year and he's going to make a shitload of money in Europe. His mom played pro ball in Europe, he has a couple cousins playing in Italy, and his uncle is an ex-Euroleague player and coach who is the all time leading scoring for the Slovenian national team, so between the family connections and being a legit player of the year candidate he's going to be in demand.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
The happiest guy about this Kansas - K-State brawl is Alan Griffin - deliberately stepping on someone doesn't seem so bad anymore.

Also, Purdue will be lucky to make the NIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
The ACC should only get 3 bids this year, maximum. Reallocate any remaining ones to the actually good conferences, or to any midmajor team that dunks constantly.