Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I survived World War III without stumbling around blind and on fire before making GBS threads my guts out, so I’ll take dying of the sniffles now rather than dying in a clean water stampede in 25 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
https://twitter.com/PaulHuangReport/status/1220054382349185024

11 million people live in Wuhan

poty fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jan 22, 2020

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

serious norman posted:

Lol a dying. What a noob.

cucked by a microbe.

The mystery virus driving your convertible and plowing ur wife and taking your kid to baseball practice.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Also the death toll is now 17 (up from 6 yesterday) and there are 547 confirmed cases

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

poty posted:

11 million people live in Wuhan

Sounds like it's going pretty well over there then, don't know what you're fuzzing about.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Chrs posted:

Is this the annual doomsday virus that ultimately amounts to nothing?

yes.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Hail the Crimson King

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

numberoneposter posted:

Pabst Blue Rabies???

Westvleteren Nile Virus

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Welp goons, time to sit back comfortably knowing we don't make human contact

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

talk about having the yellow fever :pervert:

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

poty posted:

Also the death toll is now 17 (up from 6 yesterday) and there are 547 confirmed cases

that's like a moderately strong tropical storm striking the philipines-type death toll. wake me up when its "influenze during world war I" or "massive earthquake in the middle east" level

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Play posted:

that's like a moderately strong tropical storm striking the philipines-type death toll. wake me up when its "influenze during world war I" or "massive earthquake in the middle east" level

It’s still early and there’s also no way in hell those are the real numbers.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

numberoneposter posted:

talk about having the yellow fever :pervert:

It's not fun, anymore!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah if anything the sickened are higher and the overall lethality lower because funny thing it turns out to be pretty hard to hide a corpse and when one is found people tend to start asking questions

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Coolguye posted:

Yeah if anything the sickened are higher and the overall lethality lower because funny thing it turns out to be pretty hard to hide a corpse and when one is found people tend to start asking questions

Let me introduce you to this little country called China that is exceptionally good at it!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Following the Uighyr concentration camp story should show you how strong China’s denial game is.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Let me introduce you to this little country called China that is exceptionally good at it!

Following the Uighyr concentration camp story should show you how strong China’s denial game is.

Thanks but I’m very intimately familiar with the CCP and China and you’re not really aware of what you’re talking about if you compare the Han heartland to the provinces the genocide is occurring in

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

I know that, but I don't appreciate you responding to my joke as if it were serious. It makes me think that my joke wasn't good, which, while true, is extremely hurtful

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Coolguye posted:

Thanks but I’m very intimately familiar with the CCP and China and you’re not really aware of what you’re talking about if you compare the Han heartland to the provinces the genocide is occurring in

Point is I don’t trust anything that they say, considering how long they were denying person-to-person transmission. That was just an example of how much their state run media will spin bullshit about things that are clearly happening.

Play posted:

I know that, but I don't appreciate you responding to my joke as if it were serious. It makes me think that my joke wasn't good, which, while true, is extremely hurtful

I got what you were going for, but what is the internet for if not for correcting people whenever possible?

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let me know when the WHO classifies this as a stage 4 epidemic, or when they release a sequel to Pinball Wizard.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Has Madagascar gone into lockdown yet?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Yeah, the provincial authorities tried to cover it up but then Beijing yelled at them hard enough that they stopped covering it up

They also sequenced the thing so now they have a test. The only facility in China capable of the test is in Wuhan, luckily. So that was responsible for the huge increase

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Having read war Z - lol. If there is one place where the actual Death Virus will originate, it's gonna be china. China is also well known for underreporting any negative numbers, so expect the actual count to be much higher.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Satellites could report piles of bodies burning somewhere and ping will explain the photos are incorrect opinions

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Looks like the plan worked out great!

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I expected India to come up with the first really good virus

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Son of Rodney posted:

Having read war Z - lol. If there is one place where the actual Death Virus will originate, it's gonna be china. China is also well known for underreporting any negative numbers, so expect the actual count to be much higher.

Nah dog you gotta have faith in homegrown antivaxxer community. Antibiotics resistant death measles from shining sea to shining sea!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

unpacked robinhood posted:

I expected India to come up with the first really good virus

The Ganges is basically the largest bio weapons lab in the world.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we get this over with already? I've got an afterlife/empty void to get on with.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Eh, I'm still waiting for something really bizarre to take out humanity, like an airborne prion disease that remains infectious for months and can't be killed by an autoclave, or a hemorrhagic fever that penetrates CBRN protection.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
What if i told you that human race is the ultimate disease, Mr Anderson? And the planet is patient zero :derp:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

IM GONNA LIVE FOREVER!!!! :2bong:

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
I saw this documentary already -
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2n1kda

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I watched contagion on the flight back from London last week and it’s literally almost the same premise lol.
GG China

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 30 minutes!

Shifty gimbal posted:

I'm in Madagascar suckas, good luck with the dying y'all

Hug a lemur for me

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Moving to Montana just south of Glacier to live this out up in my uncle's sweet 100 miles off-the-grid cabin-mansion that uses natural springs to generate electricity.

Also we all hunt so we should be fine.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

MarcusSA posted:

I watched contagion on the flight back from London last week and it’s literally almost the same premise lol.
GG China

I watched it years ago on one of the movie channels, And a few hours ago saw that it was back on the same channel’s on demand service...and literally just started it up for a re-watch! (Just finished the autopsy scene.) Gotta slip into the right mindset for a pandemic!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

All those moments will be lost in time, like beers in rain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

ChickenHeart posted:

a hemorrhagic fever that penetrates CBRN protection.

Crake needs to hurry the gently caress up with the bliss+ already.