Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://wccftech.com/resident-evil-8-rebooted-years-away-no-remakes/

Re8 "years away"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Considering the last time they struggled with how to make the next Resident Evil for years we got Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 4 at the end of the rainbow, maybe that's good news.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Been a while since the last Revelations title. Maybe they could use that sub-series to improve on RE6's combat without the gimmick sections, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Hmm, I'm interested in the other remakes coming up though. Dino Crisis maybe?

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1219564865238388736

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Come oooon Outbreak File 3...

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Europe gets another big CE.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Convex posted:

That's the most obvious conclusion. Definitely interested in where they're gonna take it if they do, given that the threat level of the average angry dinosaur should be well above the average RE enemy. Not just in terms of damage, but also in terms of tracking/chasing the player for something like the raptor, which would also help the game stand out from RE.

Policenaut posted:

Europe gets another big CE.
Time to figure out the entire game based on that map and the images in the artbook.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Convex posted:

That's the obvious one. The only other game in the same vein that I can think of is Haunting Ground, which was a cult hit but that's about all.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Onimusha has been one of those names kicked around for awhile now, but couldn't it also possibly be something non-survival horror? Capcom has a lot of IPs that could do with a RE Engine makeover, like imagine a Mega Man on that!

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
We’ve had enough nostalgic faithful Megaman sequels. It’s time for the gritty 3rd person reboot with a fully modular Mega Man where you get to kill Dr Wily as portrayed by Brian Cranston.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Onimusha has been one of those names kicked around for awhile now, but couldn't it also possibly be something non-survival horror? Capcom has a lot of IPs that could do with a RE Engine makeover, like imagine a Mega Man on that!

I'd be extremely down for an Onimusha, taking stuff from 2 where it's relatively short but quite replayable and amping that up would be awesome. Like Onimusha crossed with Way of the Samurai almost.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's obviously a remake of Street Fighter II on the RE Engine.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Policenaut posted:

The engine would work pretty well for a Mega Man Legends remake, but I'm going to assume that isn't it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Convex posted:

Just give me another Darkstalkers, I'm begging you!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Policenaut posted:

Didn't Onimusha get a random rear end, out of nowhere, rerelease on PC?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Dark Souls-> Nioh -> Sekiro -> Onimusha?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Some sort of Megaman Legends.... 3....

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

sigher posted:

Didn't Onimusha get a random rear end, out of nowhere, rerelease on PC?

Early last year it got a remastered release, yup. But a remaster of the PS2 version and not the Xbox "Genma Onimusha" version, which had a bunch of exclusive stuff.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Early last year it got a remastered release, yup. But a remaster of the PS2 version and not the Xbox "Genma Onimusha" version, which had a bunch of exclusive stuff.

It also didn't appear to have any way to exit the game outside of pressing ALT+F4 :v:

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.
Power Stone 3. Now is the time!

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I finished RE7 tonight and I adored it for so many reasons. My main confusion is that at the end, Ethan would have still been infected, right? They just get him to the chopper and pat the hood like "It's all good"! I guess maybe that because Evie is dead the infection might just die out without it's link to the hivemind?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

RE 7 was a great return to form, even if it got less good as it went. I really dug it. Felt like classic RE but from a new perspective and I credit it for revitalizing the franchise like RE 4 did. Then they went and made RE 2 Remake which was like, perfect survival horror sensibilities put into a modern game.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I loved that you were some average schmuck and not some elite operator with boulder-punch-worthy biceps. I loved that your character, both in game and the player's outlook, transitioned from "gently caress DON'T BEAT ME DADDY" to bad motherfucker over the course of events. I loved the first person perspective. The atmosphere was amazing the whole way through. I could go on and on. I'd love to see a first person RE game tackle some of the more traditional RE enemies with the same love and care they put into this one.

EDIT: Is there a sane reason that Revelations 1 is $30 and Revelations 2 is $6? I never played either one of those. I have RE6 but it looks like a total slog, and I couldn't even figure out the herb combining system :D

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 23, 2020

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Rev2 was broken up into episodes so the whole game is probably around 30, I don't remember how many episodes you need to buy.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch

In Training posted:

Rev2 was broken up into episodes so the whole game is probably around 30, I don't remember how many episodes you need to buy.

Oh snap, thanks. I just went by the price in the steam search results!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gooch181 posted:

Oh snap, thanks. I just went by the price in the steam search results!

I made the same mistake during a steam sale when I was like wow a whole RE game for 1 dollar? Don't mind if I do! and got hit with a link to the DLC page 2 hours in.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

There's 4 story episodes and two extras. All six episodes with a ton of DLC are available on Steam for $30

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I got all of Rev2 on PS4, yet to be played.

I keep getting distracted by other games.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Gooch181 posted:

I finished RE7 tonight and I adored it for so many reasons. My main confusion is that at the end, Ethan would have still been infected, right? They just get him to the chopper and pat the hood like "It's all good"! I guess maybe that because Evie is dead the infection might just die out without it's link to the hivemind?

I'm sure after the credits Ethan is put through some kind of quarantine and antiviral process

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Capcom wanting some of that sweet Sekiro money would make sense.

Onimusha with a hint of RE and Monster Hunter style combat would rule.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember the popular rumour that Ninja Theory were rebooting Onimusha after DmC lol

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Ghost Survivors seems kind of bad. And by that I mean No Way Out seems like it kind of sucks- it feels like they're trying to recreate one of the defense section of RE4, but I feel it just isn't fun with RE2 Remake's mechanics and especially not in the gas station convenience store area.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Ghost Survivors seems kind of bad. And by that I mean No Way Out seems like it kind of sucks- it feels like they're trying to recreate one of the defense section of RE4, but I feel it just isn't fun with RE2 Remake's mechanics and especially not in the gas station convenience store area.

Yeah finishing it is literally the only achievement I didn't get because I didn't enjoy playing it in the slightest. Rest of the game was :discourse: though

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Ghost Survivors are deliberately unfair challenge modes that will require multiple runs to learn the tricks you need to and then at least a few more to learn how to do those tricks mostly perfect. If that doesn’t appeal to you then bail out now.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I did Ghost Survivors because I had already gotten 100% achievements and then they added more with Ghost Survivors so of course I wanted my crown back! It wasn't anywhere near as fun, and there's a certain element of luck for finishing No Way Out after only using 60 shots in the handgun because getting zombies to do what you want them to do is a pain.

So yeah, no shame in skipping it if you're not a fan. It's not even that cathartic to go through with infinite ammo cat ears on.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I'm surprised there hasn't been a Ghost Survivor scenario for Marvin or Annette. You could even just do a remake of the last part of Desperate Times where Marvin has to hold off waves of enemies in the courtyard or something.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I thought I'd like ghost survivors since I had a blast with Hunk and all the Tofus but something about it really turned me off. Maybe it was the new enemy gimmicks

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

In No Way Out, I really hate the Poison + Body Armor types they throw at you, especially when its like 3-4 at once in addition to other enemies.

The other Ghost Survivors scenarios could be at least memorized, but man No Way Out really does feel like it comes down to RNG more than anything else in RE2.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What on earth determines whether these stupid poison zombies will use their OHKO grab on you? Twice now I've been killed by them after I've immediately after popped an R+G+B herb. Is it using the R+G+B nearby them that causes them to do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Raxivace posted:

What on earth determines whether these stupid poison zombies will use their OHKO grab on you? Twice now I've been killed by them after I've immediately after popped an R+G+B herb. Is it using the R+G+B nearby them that causes them to do it?

Holy poo poo they have what?! I've not seen this yet!