Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Unless that's the gambit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Pfft page breaks, that's a two part post.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

Votefinder padding its post count

:ironicat:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

If I don’t post much over the next 24 hours or so I’m not lurking, just my broke brain being more broke than usual and making me feel full :smith:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:ironicat:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

impeccable timing beet as always.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

no u

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ah, the binus approach.

When have I ever used this approach lol

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

If I don’t post much over the next 24 hours or so I’m not lurking, just my broke brain being more broke than usual and making me feel full :smith:

<3 Mr Scumalong!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Mr. Humalong posted:

Will not vote today, take care of yourself 💚

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I have a good question for everyone. If you had a vig that you could use tonight who would you use it on?

(inb4 "you lol")

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

I have a good question for everyone. If you had a vig that you could use tonight who would you use it on?

(inb4 "you lol")

Tonight? As in after the dunk today? Entirely depends on who today’s dunk is.

As things stand right now if you told me I could eliminate one player right now? I don’t like or trust Sal chiming in to answer questions he wasn’t asked. So probably Sal.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Second choice- “you, lol”

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

IllegallySober posted:

Tonight? As in after the dunk today? Entirely depends on who today’s dunk is.

As things stand right now if you told me I could eliminate one player right now? I don’t like or trust Sal chiming in to answer questions he wasn’t asked. So probably Sal.

very interesting indeed.

secondary question also for everyone. If you could give anyone a vig who would you give it to if you couldn't give it to yourself.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

CapitalistPig posted:

very interesting indeed.

secondary question also for everyone. If you could give anyone a vig who would you give it to if you couldn't give it to yourself.

I’d give one to charms. The new player should have some agency.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Mr. Steak posted:

and this is because voting for more than 3 different people would be literally the least helpful thing late-game. and i cant double-vote on anyone. MAYBE my update would be that, but its not worth hunting a specific country who may very well be town. but if russia happens to die, i'll claim what the upgrade was.

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Lol so you've already claimed your ability + your target. Real nice. You sure youre not scum?

I feel like claiming anything about your desired target or who you are does nothing but help scum narrow down their night kill choices. While it'd be nice to have free upgrades i honestly would rather not know which player my target is because it might confuse me when i'm looking for actual baddies.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Lumpen posted:

Utterances and choices about other players (or avoiding mentioning other players) creates a web of connections and evidence and behavior on the record by which alignment can be discerned. Content creates the basis for seiriousvotes and this kills the jokephase.

I am a fan of this, the jokephase part of games is always awful for me. More please

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

IllegallySober posted:

Xiw at least said they would check in later, I think. AA didn’t provide an excuse. Pretty scummy...!

Yah this game started at random after I'd gone to bed on a worknight. I'll generally be okay with reading it during the day but that depends on work.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

IllegallySober posted:

Xiw at least said they would check in later, I think. AA didn’t provide an excuse. Pretty scummy...!

(Also I kind of hate just posting transparently just to fill up the post numbers, I'd rather have something to say in each post tbh. But we'll see...)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

xiw posted:

Yah this game started at random after I'd gone to bed on a worknight. I'll generally be okay with reading it during the day but that depends on work.

(To be clear, I wasn’t poking you as much as I was poking AA here.)

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

IllegallySober posted:

That’s my read on it at this juncture, yes.

Given the willingness to demonstrate, my read is that there’s less scum motivation to divulge that info D1 than there is town motivation to. I’m having trouble seeing where giving up that info that readily as scum helps his wincon- but I guess we’ll see how it develops.

Do you feel differently?

Could be trying to reduce the chance of a roleblock or track though by proving they don't have a night ability, so they can do the NK. Scum could be in all kinds of odd positions here with a role madness random setup - could be tricky passing up an action to get a NK in. Not convinced though.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

hambeet posted:

Yeah, as steak said though we now know his upgrade target

this is interesting too because let's say russia gets executed - steak's going to either be a big NK target or we're going to be looking at him real suspiciously when he lives the night. So I kind of agree that revealing the target looks towny

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

CapitalistPig posted:

(inb4 "you lol")

probably Hal or you because neither of you really feel that tractable to try and analyze.

CapitalistPig posted:

very interesting indeed.

probably hambeet or steak at the moment because they'd talk a whole bunch about their target, so you gain two sets of info.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

very interesting indeed.

aa if he's not lurkered
b- because i hope he'd kill aa

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

and I'd marry sal

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

xiw posted:

probably Hal or you because neither of you really feel that tractable to try and analyze.

probably hambeet or steak at the moment because they'd talk a whole bunch about their target, so you gain two sets of info.

*steak and I both grumble about being lumped in with the other*

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yes YESSS excellent look at all this CONTENT.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes YESSS excellent look at all this CONTENT.

lol

what about you cpig?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I need to know who your meta buddies are too

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I gotta pad my post count.

I'm a big fan of the Content Game. It's been great for my notes. Definitely something I'm going to apply moving forward as I haven't played many games and am very bad at this.

I'm leaning scum on RF and Sal. Lots of jokes and dodging the sacred Content Game.

Charms could even be scum. He's playing how I played the first time I was scum. It would also explain why Sal answered for him.

I think Steak and Lumpen are town and the Townie Slapfight comment was perfect. I am curious to know how Lumpen plays as scum. Does he still try to push for Content Games?

IllegallySober reads town right now too.

I'm not really sure about everyone else.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

If I had to vig, Sal. If I had to pass it, probably Lumpen or IllegallySober.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

ugh i couldve turned that long post into like three posts

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Eat The Rich posted:

I gotta pad my post count.

I'm a big fan of the Content Game. It's been great for my notes. Definitely something I'm going to apply moving forward as I haven't played many games and am very bad at this.

I'm leaning scum on RF and Sal. Lots of jokes and dodging the sacred Content Game.

Charms could even be scum. He's playing how I played the first time I was scum. It would also explain why Sal answered for him.

I think Steak and Lumpen are town and the Townie Slapfight comment was perfect. I am curious to know how Lumpen plays as scum. Does he still try to push for Content Games?

IllegallySober reads town right now too.

I'm not really sure about everyone else.

Overly enthusiastic and listing so many names calling so many people townie says newb scum to me.

Eat The Rich posted:

If I had to vig, Sal. If I had to pass it, probably Lumpen or IllegallySober.

Same thing here - gives no reason for the vig comment, just lets it sit there, like a bad perogie on the plate.

##vote Eat The Rich

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Well, it's a hypothetical and I don't want to vig anyone but Sal is the most suspicious to me behind RF. Obvious choices there, especially if you read my long post. I'd pass it to Lumpen or IllegallySober based on the fact that theyre the only ones who really read town and know how to play the game, unlike the poster above me. Which again would be obvious if you read my long post.

What is your answer and do you have any reads?

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Eat The Rich posted:

Well, it's a hypothetical and I don't want to vig anyone but Sal is the most suspicious to me behind RF. Obvious choices there, especially if you read my long post. I'd pass it to Lumpen or IllegallySober based on the fact that theyre the only ones who really read town and know how to play the game, unlike the poster above me. Which again would be obvious if you read my long post.

What is your answer and do you have any reads?

All youve said about Sal is that he made jokes and passed on the content game (which I think is a silly concept btw).

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

All youve said about Sal is that he made jokes and passed on the content game (which I think is a silly concept btw).

RF dodged the content game and Sal answered for him with a joke. He also answered for Charms, which to me could be evidence that he's helping his scumbuddy. Same thing for RF.

Why do you think the content game is silly? It seems like a great way to generate discussion that could be used to find scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Take care, hum. We understand!

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Eat The Rich posted:

Why do you think the content game is silly? It seems like a great way to generate discussion that could be used to find scum.

It creates discussion over something meaningless as a launching off point for careless votes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Whoever called me scummy for unexplained absence is probably scum tho.
Was it IS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Will get caught up proper today