Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
by blocking the bad smilie ...! becomes a happy emptyquoting guy:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:sugartits:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

:burger:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Boxturret posted:

:silent:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

:wrogn:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Lost over $100k in other people's money in cryptoCredit Debt Bankruptcy(self.legaladvice)
submitted 1 days ago by starholding to /r/legaladvice

Hey, first time posting here so sorry for bad formatting or whatever.

About a month ago I learned about cryptocurrencies and saw Youtube videos of how lots of people made decent money investing. I had the "genius" idea of taking money from some friends and family and promising them a decent return on investment, with me taking a small cut. I tried trading up but only lost money slowly by the day. My Wife's father and several other family members such as cousins are now demanding their money back. Am I legally liable to pay them back? There was no signing of a contract or an actual legal agreement. It was all done verbally.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

...! posted:

Lost over $100k in other people's money in cryptoCredit Debt Bankruptcy(self.legaladvice)

About a month ago I learned about cryptocurrencies and saw Youtube videos of how lots of people made decent money investing. I had the "genius" idea of taking money from some friends and family and promising them a decent return on investment, with me taking a small cut. I tried trading up but only lost money slowly by the day. My Wife's father and several other family members such as cousins are now demanding their money back. Am I legally liable to pay them back? There was no signing of a contract or an actual legal agreement. It was all done verbally.

about a month ago i learned about cryptocurrencies, yadda yadda yadda, anyway reddit do i have to pay my inlaws' life savings back?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i mean technically speaking i don't have to do anything, right? like really it's 100% their problem?

Mammon Loves You
Feb 13, 2011
Turns out my in laws do have a signed contract but I think I can prove they signed it in international waters :sureboat:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

https://twitter.com/kissmarx/status/1219152454488449025

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

lol @ ur fiat bs like "infrastructure" and "housing"

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ruh roh

doing tech support for a presentation soon that's about vote hacking, i think the guy might be pro-blockchain based on his resume, i'm hoping for a q&a session so i can challenge him on the notion that proper democratic e-voting is even theoretically possible, but i'm not sure what the best way to approach it will be (and for all i know his presentation might outright say "stop e-voting you fucks")

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

univbee posted:

ruh roh

doing tech support for a presentation soon that's about vote hacking, i think the guy might be pro-blockchain based on his resume, i'm hoping for a q&a session so i can challenge him on the notion that proper democratic e-voting is even theoretically possible, but i'm not sure what the best way to approach it will be (and for all i know his presentation might outright say "stop e-voting you fucks")

can you make it so all his slides are goatse?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Boxturret posted:

can you make it so all his slides are goatse?

actually, yes

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

so many of these people think that power plants are just operating at 100% all the fuckin' time and all the extra power is just vented up the smokestacks or something, where does this stupid idea keep coming from

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

it sure would be great if coal power plants no longer had any reason not to burn coal

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

...! posted:

i lost money slowly by the day, by which i mean that i lost an average of well over $30K a day

edit: i am leaving this otherwise unedited to wallow in my shame at being bad at math

rjmccall fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 23, 2020

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

rjmccall posted:

i lost money slowly by the day, by which i mean that i lost an average of well over $30K a day

edit: i am leaving this otherwise unedited to wallow in my shame at being bad at math

have you considered a career in the exciting world of cryptocurrency wealth management? your talents would be well suited

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KnifeWrench posted:

have you considered a career in the exciting world of cryptocurrency wealth management? your talents would be well suited

"wealth"

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

KnifeWrench posted:

doubtful, that money declined over time not instantly which is pretty poor performance for a cryptocurrency

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

you take the wealth, and then turn it into cryptocurrency

and then lose it

Agile Vector posted:

doubtful, that money declined over time not instantly which is pretty poor performance for a cryptocurrency

I meant the order of magnitude math error

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Shame Boy posted:

so many of these people think that power plants are just operating at 100% all the fuckin' time and all the extra power is just vented up the smokestacks or something, where does this stupid idea keep coming from

Think of all the strawberries that could have been dried!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

bitcoin is the only true store of energy

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

rationalization is a helluva drug

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Shame Boy posted:

so many of these people think

:wrong:

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.
cpeterso 44 minutes ago [-]

I've noticed that muted words [on Twitter] don't mute ads. I've muted words like "blockchain", "bitcoin", and "Ethereum" and yet I still see ads for blockchain startups. Shouldn't the fact that I went out of my way to mute a word be a strong signal that I am not a good match for an ad??

You claim to hate Bitcoin and yet you use services subsidized by Bitcoin startups/scams. Curious!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

great self own

https://mobile.twitter.com/Rhythmtrader/status/1218916825204961280

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
my article is up on how and why crypto spammers on Wikipedia can just gently caress off. i also did a blog post about the article. feel free to spread either far and wide.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

how do I get in on the nocoiner cabal, is there an application process or what

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

kw0134 posted:

i was hoping you could just buy some nocoins but when i look it up all i get are extensions to block browser crypto miners

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

kw0134 posted:

baby I was born this way

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
:agreed:

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

baby I was born this way

:wrong:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
power plants run at 100% capacity at all times and they also explode 50 years after they are built, use em or lose em

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

are you implying he was born hodling?

...!
Oct 5, 2003

divabot posted:

my article is up on how and why crypto spammers on Wikipedia can just gently caress off. i also did a blog post about the article. feel free to spread either far and wide.

dennisnez 2 points 5 hours ago

Wikipedia has a well-known problem with biased leftist-statist admins, like this dude, so even with their reliable-sources rule, they will cherry-pick the leftist-statist ones and try tirelessly to hide or smear the other side. They will gatekeep any politically charged topic, such as Bitcoin.

defipingredditor for 2 days 1 point 3 hours ago

D Gerard. A man who hates crypto so much that his whole life has ended up revolving around it.

pos_terior 1 point 2 hours ago

If you're a Bitcoin donator to Wikipedia, send them a letter stating as such and ask them to have higher standards in their Wiki articles than they do in their newsletter.

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

...! posted:

pos_terior 1 point 2 hours ago

If you're a Bitcoin donator to Wikipedia, send them a letter stating as such and ask them to have higher standards in their Wiki articles than they do in their newsletter.

:psyduck: higher standards for the articles is literally what the post is about

god these idiots hurt my head

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Higher standards means "is pro bitcoin" to them.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Was it in this thread someone compared getting called statist by a bitcoiner to getting called an adult-fucker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i had a linked quote in the op of the last pyf quote thread but deleted it out of shame for having anything to do with the thread at all :o:

in any case the original was in 2015