Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
what does found me playing mean in this context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

bradzilla posted:

Goon gets married to her literal stalker after a week and maybe hasn't even met him!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909673&userid=116393#post501870628

How... how do you marry someone you haven't met? Don't both parties need to be present? If only to sign some paperwork or something?

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Crime on a Dime posted:

it just means playing?

Sweet As Sin posted:

The next thing I know, there's a new player on a magic/spiritual/whatever game I play declaring his love for me.
Understandably I was very wary of that but it turned out I fell stupidly hard too and we got married.

Dude had seen me once in Paris like 11 years ago, then found me playing lol.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

bradzilla posted:

Goon gets married to her literal stalker after a week and maybe hasn't even met him!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3909673&userid=116393#post501870628

Stay safe Sweet As Sin. :smith:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He'll go AFK the first time she buys a household item he doesn't like.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

JacquelineDempsey posted:

How... how do you marry someone you haven't met? Don't both parties need to be present? If only to sign some paperwork or something?

I was wondering that myself but she hasn't mentioned actually meeting him anywhere in her posts :shrug:

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

bradzilla posted:

lol

I remember doing a couple of searches on the old e/n on-line dating MEGATHREAD for a different thread about funny search results on the forums, and the search terms and hits on the old one was like;

"first date" 112 hits
"second date" 55 hits
DOTA 50 hits
"third date" 7 hits

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Stay safe Sweet As Sin. :smith:

Seriously.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It's always been a dream of mine to have a woman come up to me in a bar and ask me to marry her. I wish all the luck and happiness in the world to that goon.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought the hotdog bun penis thing was Thorpe.

edit: Yup, https://www.somethingawful.com/news/my-genitals/1/
I think it originally got posted in a "Post Your First Sexual Experience" or "Most Embarrassing Sexual Experience" thread, and it was just an amazing show stopper.

Any time someone claims that something is too weird and detailed to be fake, I’m pointing them to this.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Crime on a Dime posted:

“lol” is League of Legends, not “laugh out loud”.

e: Yeah I misread that part.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 23, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Platystemon posted:

“lol” is League of Legends, not “laugh out loud”.

That’s what I though but that game isn’t spiritual.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RIP

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
If the guy doesn't play LoL then it's probably fine.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

bradzilla posted:

Was it in that version of the Online Dating thread where Count Chocula came in to ask if it was a good idea to seek an ideal mate who shared his interests in indie music and the horrifying inevitability of death, but who wouldn't make him do something gross like eating pussy or vegetables?

Nuns with Guns fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jan 24, 2020

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

pentyne posted:

Here's the hidden forum that 2 posters were using as a personal love chat session that was eventually discovered

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3594991&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

It is 100% worth a read. Spoiler Alert one of them is a 16 year old the other is a grown adult

Just chiming in to say I was 17 then I'm 23 now. Boy how time flies

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well, that was a saga conclusion I wasn't expecting.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Captain Hygiene posted:

Well, that was a saga conclusion I wasn't expecting.

Also goons tend to misremember things because I was the one who came onto call now in the first place and I was also the person who ended it when I realised "holy poo poo this is stupid."

I don't know where all this "grooming" poo poo came from because I was the one who created the whole thing when I was 17 (And I think call now was 22 at the time? Holy poo poo he's almost 30 now what the gently caress). I like the smiley though. :kheldragar:

AdorableStar fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 24, 2020

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nuns with Guns posted:

Was it in that version of the Online Dating thread where Count Chocula came in to ask if it was a good idea to seek an ideal mate who shared his interests in indie music and the horrifying inevitability of death, but who wouldn't make him do something gross like eating pussy or vegetables?

wait....

all vegetables?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's still really weird for an older person to go, ok, I guess I will date this underaged / almost underaged person instead of telling them no immediately

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
hey star i just want to let you know that as someone a little older than you who works, now, with people the age you were then, it is impossible for me to percieve those idiot teenagers as emotional peers, much less romantic or sexual interests. Call Now must have had some profound emotional stunting and/or no regard for the massive gap in emotional capacity to reciprocate.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
hi buddy hope you're doing well, glad you stuck around instead of letting goons drive you off the site you helped make fun to hang out in.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

DoctorWhat posted:

hey star i just want to let you know that as someone a little older than you who works, now, with people the age you were then, it is impossible for me to percieve those idiot teenagers as emotional peers, much less romantic or sexual interests. Call Now must have had some profound emotional stunting and/or no regard for the massive gap in emotional capacity to reciprocate.

This is what I never got about the guys who creep on teenagers. Like how could you possibly connect with that person? The emotional and experiential rift between someone who is 17 and someone who is 28 is immense. And if you yourself are the older one, you must know that intuitively.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

If you’re messing around with teenagers, it’s not for the emotional and experiential aspects of the relationship

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

It’s so that they can assist you when the Quadratic equation rears it’s ugly head during your normal day to day and you have forgotten it

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Heath posted:

This is what I never got about the guys who creep on teenagers. Like how could you possibly connect with that person? The emotional and experiential rift between someone who is 17 and someone who is 28 is immense. And if you yourself are the older one, you must know that intuitively.

They can't connect unless they themselves have never matured past their late teens and/or have no desire to. The sheer number of reddit tales of 30s men who can't cook, clean, do laundry, wipe their rear end, shower regularly seem to indicate that it's not exactly a rare set of circumstances.

Ideally they find someone 10+ years younger that they expect to always defer to their age&wisdom and never question them on things like doing all the cooking, cleaning, raising the kids, paying the bills, and not criticizing a man for playing video games for 8 hours a day.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Heath posted:

its because they are inexperienced and easily lead about by hormones, inexperience, and the excitement of feeling like a real adult.

It's why so many chuds/incels/MRAs want virgins. Because they know that if their partner has had any actual life experience in relationships, they would be dropped for the pathetic creepy manchildren they are.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

The MUMPSorceress posted:

The un banned informant they're referring to is The Iron Rose, who went and shared a bunch of other trans goons Facebook info with kiwi farms because she got pissed at me using the term "microaggression" for some weird sociopathic reason. Afaik she is still not permabanned which upsets me a bit since she sicced those assholes on me, but I know she gets banned semi regularly in the d&d purges.

They were really fixated on me for a while to the point that they got poo poo like my home address and birth certificate, but then the most they could work up the courage to do was send me pms on SA with Google maps links to fast food restaurants near my house. At the end of the day kf is just a bunch of really sad weirdos who try to boost their self worth by maintaining their pathetic little burn book website and the writing manifestos about how they're fighting for free speech or something.

I was catching up and what the gently caress. I see that person constantly. Why are they still here?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Famethrowa posted:

I was catching up and what the gently caress. I see that person constantly. Why are they still here?

I think current events of the past few months should answer this question handily.

Reminder that yogoblin, a known creepy and harrasser, was un-permabanned by Lowtax because he whinged to lowtax in discord. He was only recently re-permad after a long and drawn out argument about it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Heath posted:

I think it's just for the penis to connect to the vagina or whatever combination is in the mix.

Don't over think creepy behavior.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I looked into The Iron Rose's posts in the threads in which The MUMPSorceress remembered her having confessed to doxxing. I couldn't find anything to support that.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LingcodKilla posted:

I think it's just for the penis to connect to the vagina or whatever combination is in the mix.

Don't over think creepy behavior.

No. It is literally predatory behaviour because they know that teenagers don't have the life experience to know better.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I looked into The Iron Rose's posts in the threads in which The MUMPSorceress remembered her having confessed to doxxing. I couldn't find anything to support that.

Same here. That's what truly baffled me :shrug:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Famethrowa posted:

Her.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Why are her still there?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Using they when unsure of gendering is perfectly fine.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
The entire discussion is predicated on knowing the answer to that question.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tashilicious posted:

Using they when unsure of gendering is perfectly fine.
I mean, certainly yes, but the post they are responding to also explicitly genders her.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

oldpainless posted:

It’s so that they can assist you when the Quadratic equation rears it’s ugly head during your normal day to day and you have forgotten it
More like algebraic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Grandmother of Five posted:

lol

I remember doing a couple of searches on the old e/n on-line dating MEGATHREAD for a different thread about funny search results on the forums, and the search terms and hits on the old one was like;

"first date" 112 hits
"second date" 55 hits
DOTA 50 hits
"third date" 7 hits

😂