Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
That was a REALLY good half of basketball by Rutgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Livers is good, but most teams have injuries. Maybe it's coaching, even if some of that is losing your assistant who knew how to coach defense. Or is it forbidden to suggest maybe a first time HC will have somewhat of a learning curve? And not saying he's total trash, just he's not going to be Beilein on day one.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
lmao Fran got a tech at halftime, I stan an angry king

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I swear it feels like Garza has been on Iowa for five years now

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Kirios posted:

I swear it feels like Garza has been on Iowa for five years now

He's a junior! Even I thought he was a senior this year until like game five

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa tried so so hard to poop this game down their leg but hooray for what is somehow a quality win

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Both teams felt really good and a lot better than their ranking indicates. I think you're looking at a couple of teams that will be 3 or 4 seeds by the end of the year.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ColdBlooded posted:

Also, Purdue will be lucky to make the NIT

Yeah. :( There's definitely talent there and I think they will be really good next season, but this down year is more down than I expected. We've played a rough schedule so far, though.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Kim Jong Il posted:

Livers is good, but most teams have injuries. Maybe it's coaching, even if some of that is losing your assistant who knew how to coach defense. Or is it forbidden to suggest maybe a first time HC will have somewhat of a learning curve? And not saying he's total trash, just he's not going to be Beilein on day one.

I don’t disagree with that and Michigan should be better than what is on the floor right now, but they’ve faced I think like 4 teams in KenPom’s top 20 the last 4 games. Michigan isn’t a top 20 team without Livers. Michigan was in every game, so it’s relatively encouraging, but no one can hit an outside shot except for DDJ and Livers.

Luckily Michigan has the easiest Big Ten schedule left (and have played the hardest so far), so it’ll even out.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
lol Memphis lost by 40?!

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Henchman of Santa posted:

lol Memphis lost by 40?!

i was ready to dunk on memphis much like the golden hurricanes did repeatedly last night but tulsa’s 5-1 in aac play and other than two really embarrassing losses has been pretty solid this season

still inexcusable (atrocious defense AND offense) but it’s not like they lost to chaminade or something

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Tulsa is not good but they’ve found a bit of a backbone at home after the early season loss to Arkansas State.

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
suddenly I feel a lot better about Houston's loss to Tulsa

didn't realize Frank Haith was still there

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

I didn't see the game, but I read today that they made the two teams send players back out on the court to shoot technical free throws. It was a 20 point blowout, why? Just seems like a lame attempt by the officials to make it look like they have control.

There is a new rule that even if it is a foul with time expiring no matter the score the officials have to finish the game. So they dragged all the players back onto the court including the ones that they ejected. It was dumb.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
News: UConn-Tennessee women’s basketball tonight.

Views: Waited 12 years for this game. I know Tennessee isn’t what it was, but with how chaotic this season has been, I’m not discounting anything.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Democrazy posted:

News: UConn-Tennessee women’s basketball tonight.

Views: Waited 12 years for this game. I know Tennessee isn’t what it was, but with how chaotic this season has been, I’m not discounting anything.

Sadly, UConn isn't, either. :(

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Kibner posted:

Sadly, UConn isn't, either. :(

I’m a UConn fan. This is their big chance to give Tennessee the loss they’ve been ducking for years. I hope Maya Moore is at the game.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

It was definitely a rivalry game. The Lady Vols are going to be very good later on

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I'm surprised Indiana beat MSU. Not surprised by Minn/OSU. Minn is going to stick around until the end, and I kinda think Purdue will too although they've had it rough lately. Between the Minn/Indiana wins, and PSU, the dream of 10 Big Ten bids is still alive after all.

OSU just sucks though.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
OSU sucking is killing Kentucky's SOS. It was the one good loss we had. Honestly now South Carolina might be the least bad loss.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/sdutzeigler/status/1220777675314192384?s=19

I cant imagine doing anything 12 hours after food poisoning, much less play a basketball game

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Khalil Whitney leaving UK. His playing time has dropped recently, mostly because his production was just not there and guy like Keion Brooks and Johnny Juzang were passing him by. Potential is there, preseason he was Kentucky's highest rated draft prospect, but has dropped off the lists since then. He didn't say transfer, just that he was leaving, so no idea what he does next.

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Jan 24, 2020

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Khalil Whitney leaving UK. His playing time has dropped recently, mostly because his production was just not there and guysvliek Keion Brooks and Johnny Juzang were passing him by. Potential is there, preseason he was Kentucky's highest rated draft prospect, but has dropped off the lists since then. He didn't say transfer, just that he was leaving, so no idea what he does next.

Sounded like he was going to try for the NBA draft anyway and hope that he left early enough to not completely kill his draft stock.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
As ever, gently caress the NCAA https://twitter.com/nathanfenno/status/1220068607075311616?s=21

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
So many words about health and safety for the athletes lmao

https://twitter.com/nathanfenno/status/1220078903831646208?s=20

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
And Livers reaggravated his groin in the 2nd half of the first game back.

Good season, Michigan.

E: Not like they can hit a free throw anyway, this game should be over.

Regnevelc fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jan 25, 2020

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Regnevelc posted:

E: Not like they can hit a free throw anyway, this game should be over.

Yeah the post-Atlantis season can be summed up like the last three minutes: two missed free throws, missed front-end 1&1, two missed free throws off a big rebound (87% shooter), missed 3-foot jump hook, ballgame on an Ayo shot.
rip

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Pretty embarrassing to lose like that.

This team needs a talent infusion. Luckily that is coming next year.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

UNM is down to one original starter from the beginning of the season.

Caldwell - Suspended
Lyle - groin (out a couple games)
Maluach - healthy
Jackson - knee (not sure when coming back)
Bragg - gone

Now we have to play Nevada at Nevada. And I feel like we’re gonna blow a 20 point lead today.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/drdisrespect/status/1220911356439752704

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Regnevelc posted:

Pretty embarrassing to lose like that.

This team needs a talent infusion. Luckily that is coming next year.

I feel like 90% of the league feels this way. Is Baylor the only good team in the entire league?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Nice that we can get a road win with one of our better -ish players suspended (albeit thanks to pants making GBS threads on free throws and an inexplicable failure to go two for one)

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

Khalil Whitney leaving UK. His playing time has dropped recently, mostly because his production was just not there and guy like Keion Brooks and Johnny Juzang were passing him by. Potential is there, preseason he was Kentucky's highest rated draft prospect, but has dropped off the lists since then. He didn't say transfer, just that he was leaving, so no idea what he does next.
Yeah that message sounds like all NBA

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Probably Magic posted:

I feel like 90% of the league feels this way. Is Baylor the only good team in the entire league?

i don’t think memphis is worried about how talented it is

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Probably Magic posted:

He's a Michigan fan there are lots of good teams in their league

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Tuesday is gonna be lit at the RAC!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

21-0 while playing fairly poorly.

Escaped that one.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

MourningView posted:

He's a Michigan fan there are lots of good teams in their league

I can't get over Illinois momentarily being solely in first place in the big ten

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

a neat cape posted:

21-0 while playing fairly poorly.

Escaped that one.

And New Mexico is undefeated at home! One of these records is gonna end.

(It’s New Mexico’s they’re gonna lose big)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

FartingBedpost posted:

And New Mexico is undefeated at home! One of these records is gonna end.

(It’s New Mexico’s they’re gonna lose big)

If your entire team hadn't just crumbled I think it'd be a good game.