Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I'm gonna start watching it in five minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Okay it opens with some crooning music over badly rendered starfields. Whoever put this together 100% missed what made TNG's opening iconic.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
DOOOOO

DOOOOOOO

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Space.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I finished watching it

is that seriously the end of daaj, looked like another dream sequence

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Oh my god look at Data's face.

I'm gonna watch every episode of this forever.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Where the gently caress did data get five queens that's an unlikely number of queens to have in five card draw!

Also they should be playing Texas Holdem I don't care if the texans DID fire the first shot in WW3

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
it was a dream!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Stuff is happening I have no idea what or why

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
oh kung fu lady is a secret weapon she activated or some poo poo

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
BRING BACK THE OLD MAN AND THE DOG

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
why did kung fu lady just receive a psychic vision of professor x

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
These random staffers sure are loyal to patrick stewart and his dog and his vaguely racially questionable plantation

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Romulan sun explosion is canon.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"gently caress THE ROMULANS" <- federation citizens at large

Hey asswipes, Gene Rodenberry wanted a society where your average citizen was PAST this dumbshit cynical news-cycle that we're slaved to today

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"Did you ever lose faith in Data?"

"Never"

Now I would point out one time Data hijacked the entire enterprise ship and a child almost lost his life to severe poisoning all because Data's creator decided to hit the 'Return' button.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Patrick Stewart is still really good at acting.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
"What do you want here"

Normally I open up with "Hello"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Kung Fu Lady is doing all kinds of bad explaining of herself right now. You've had hours and hours to think about what you're gonna say and this is how you choose to explain yourself?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Getting some major neil breen vibes from these closeups out in the middle of a random field

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
DRINK THIS TEA IT'S THE STAR TREK TEA

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Picard knows like seventeen different expert scientists and also has a magic computer that is like thirty years ahead of what the magic computer could do back in TNG you'd think he'd be doing better on this than "give the girl some tea"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Why is it after seven seasons of television to call on somehow the writers decided picard was best known for his prophetic dream sequences

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
*The set designer, six months ago when finalizing the CG*

"No no no we can't use that it's the jedi archives. We can't just have our data repository be the jedi archives it'd-"

"Just make it a slightly darker shade of blue on most of the panels I dunno gently caress it"

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
OH NO THE PAINTING IS CALLED DAUGHTER

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
This part is real dumb

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Yep still dumb

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Taking a break with 20 mins left to watch

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

yeah i'm not gonna watch this show

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

OH NO THE PAINTING IS CALLED DAUGHTER

fuuuuuuuck you weren't kidding :rolleyes: :a2m:

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
i did not like it but ill still watch episode 2

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
The robot is made of meat so literally a person

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
i won't know my opinion on this show i'll never watch until Mike Stoklasa shares his

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
okay finishing now

I guess android lady was killed? I wasn't even watching

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Somehow the federation just forgot how to make sentient robots despite them having whipped that particular problem back in TOS

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No they banned them after robot terrorists blew up the Utopia Planitia ship yards and killed a whole bunch of Romulan refugees. What they can't make are basically the flesh-and-blood Cylons from BSG

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I guess they were standing in a borg cube

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the romulans and the borg were the major recurring antagonist-peoples on tng, and voyager shares the borg w tng so reeeeaaaally the only major tng-in-particular space enemy people are the romulans

so ofc theyre gonna be part of picard

its super rad that there is a sorta peace w them now, and it didnt happen because picard swung in at the head of a fleet of space heroes and blasted them into submission

he came and tirelessly worked to save them and to help them and now to protect and defend them against injustice, and that is how the long conflict against the romulan empire was ended

that and a supernova

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i wonder if michael chabon will have anything interesting to say about a stateless diaspora of people mistrusted based on rumor and stereotype :thunk::thunk::thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?
i'm just glad they showed an image of worf and he doesn't look like the disco klingons