Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I will take the Veto please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

I will take the Veto please.

rude

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I'll take the Advantage.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
take green

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You open the Green gift. It contains a smol cat who meows at you and melts your heart. You may keep it as a pet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
at least I go home with a friend today

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
KITTY

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
FINAL STANDINGS

pre:
Claimed
Somber		Solitude
Teland		Advantage
Steak		Statue
Meinberg	Avatar
Kashuno		smol cat
Poque		Veto
Poque wins the power of veto!

The rest of your prizes will be distributed as appropriate.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Well, that went... differently from expected, even if the most material result remains consistent.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

oh no

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
my condolences

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
why does Meinberg's curse have to plague all of us

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Hi all. I am NOT using the power of veto. The nominations will remain the same. Good luck to both of you, the sense I have is that this is VERY up in the air.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Hi all. I am NOT using the power of veto. The nominations will remain the same. Good luck to both of you, the sense I have is that this is VERY up in the air.

given your opinions on me I feel like your sense of where people are thinking to vote already is really bad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
My opinions on you are positive!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Good evening, houseguests. As your usual hostess could not be present tonight, I will be managing the proceedings in her stead.

You may call me Julie Gehn. Now, without further ado... the eviction shall commence in half a hour hence, but prior to that I have thoughtfully prepared some questions for you to consider and comment upon. Many thanks to the recently-eliminated Mikujin for his assistance in, shall we say... randomly determining who each of these questions falls to.

Poque, you have achieved the dubious fortune of guaranteed membership for this game's jury if you are evicted. As a juror, what criteria will you base your vote for a winner upon?

Mr. Steak, I hope your stay in the Head of House room has been a pleasant one. Of the remaining players, who would you select as least likely to emerge as the final victor?

The Lord of Hats, you too had a taste of the Head of House's living arrangements this week. Out of the other nine players that remain, how many of them would you utilize the veto to save if you were not on the block?

SalTheBard, which player would you put forth as the one who is most out of the loop, considering the ongoing machinations at play?

curiousCat, looking at the remaining players, who would you say is the most adept at social maneuvering?

Teland, who would you identify as the best liar in the house? I am not a valid option.

Kashuno, this evening promises to be an interesting one for you regardless of the outcome. From your perspective, which other player believes they are orchestrating the game's moves - and why are they wrong?

sniper4625, do you consider so-called "challenge beasts" to be threats worthy of eviction, or convenient allies to leverage?

Meinberg, I am sure your current position weighs heavily upon you but hope that you can set it aside for the moment. Have you identified a partner that you would like to go to the final two with?

Somberbrero, I congratulate you upon progressing to the point where eviction would simply reward you with the burden of jury membership. What kind of game would you be least likely to reward with your vote?

Presumably thirty minutes is sufficient time to consider your thoughts. I dutifully anticipate your timely answers.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I think anyone good at challenges is worthy of appropriate respect - the power of selecting who is on the block, as well as who is saved, is fundamental to this contest, no?

I would never describe any of my allies as "convenient," I've made some good friends and I hope to continue working with them. And those I haven't talked to as much, I've enjoyed what communication we've had.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Kashuno, this evening promises to be an interesting one for you regardless of the outcome. From your perspective, which other player believes they are orchestrating the game's moves - and why are they wrong?

Uhhhh if I knew that I would probably not have ended up in this position in the first place tbh.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
comedy answer: me, and I'm wrong because I ended up here

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Podima posted:

Meinberg, I am sure your current position weighs heavily upon you but hope that you can set it aside for the moment. Have you identified a partner that you would like to go to the final two with?

I see this as a question designed only to foster disharmony, and yet I feel compelled to answer it. In truth, my answer has to be made within the context of my current situation. I had thought that Poque was an ally, someone who would want to see me remain in this game for an indefinite time, or at least until the numbers were fewer. With this change, it is impossible to say if I can truly trust anyone, if any of my decisions and thoughts have any weight whatsoever, or if they are merely words that will be washed away. And indeed, it is all for naught if I go home tonight, a possibility which looms ever likely in my heart and my mind. How can I think of the final two when my finale is nearly upon me? How can I think of the future when I may have none.

So to answer the simply, no. At this exact moment, I have no one. We will see what tonight brings, and perhaps that will change my answer.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Podima posted:

curiousCat, looking at the remaining players, who would you say is the most adept at social maneuvering?

Oh me for sure, kupo. uwu

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Podima posted:

The Lord of Hats, you too had a taste of the Head of House's living arrangements this week. Out of the other nine players that remain, how many of them would you utilize the veto to save if you were not on the block?

Ooh, that's an interesting one! And the answer... probably most of them? These are my friends, I don't want to see them go! I mean, there's people I haven't talked to so much, but that's more like friends I haven't met yet!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Podima posted:

Somberbrero, I congratulate you upon progressing to the point where eviction would simply reward you with the burden of jury membership. What kind of game would you be least likely to reward with your vote?

I wouldn't want to vote for someone who didn't make any moves over the course of the game. No goats are getting votes.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Podima posted:

Teland, who would you identify as the best liar in the house? I am not a valid option.
I think and hope most people have been pretty upfront with me here. I may well find out I'm terribly wrong soon... tbd

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Somber is who I think is most out of the loop, but that is solely because of his 24 hours of isolation. However if the vote doesn't go the way I think it is you could call me the most out of the loop.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Mr. Steak, I hope your stay in the Head of House room has been a pleasant one. Of the remaining players, who would you select as least likely to emerge as the final victor?

i'd have to answer kupo, because it would take a lot of impressive gameplay i think, for a jury to pick a previous winner over whoever would be next to her

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

SalTheBard posted:

Somber is who I think is most out of the loop, but that is solely because of his 24 hours of isolation. However if the vote doesn't go the way I think it is you could call me the most out of the loop.

wtf

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
this is survivor all over again

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
alright, pause the game until everyone tells me who is betraying me

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Somberbrero posted:

alright, pause the game until everyone tells me who is betraying me

can't be betrayed by the dead

ime

(ime means "in my experience")

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

I'm sorry, it's just logical. You were out of the loop for 24 hours. Nothing personal :(

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Your answers are intriguing in their variety and nuance. Hopefully they will be instructive to your fellow contestants as well, one way or another. Nevertheless, the time for discussion has come to a close and the eviction shall commence forthwith. Let us see where the point of division for this household lands today...

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

One vote for Meinberg.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A second vote for Meinberg. Unfortunate.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

One vote for Kashuno to Meinberg's two.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

A second vote for Kashuno, and we have an intriguing tie. Which way shall it break?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Alas for Meinberg, they take the lead with three votes to two. Is this how it ends?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

By a vote of five to two, Meinberg - you have been evicted from the Awful Big Brother house. You are welcome to deliver closing thoughts to your former housemates here or in Discord, but I am afraid that this particular heroic journey has come to an end.

As for the rest of you, I will see you again at eight-o-clock Eastern Time for your next challenge. After this week's conflicts, who can you trust to take the reins as your new Head of Household? We shall see.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Goodbye Mein, I tried. Not very hard, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

As I feared, the currents of fate have washed me away. I will be clear for a moment and say that the results of this vote do not impact on the friendships I've formed with folks. This is... simply the way that things work out sometimes.

That said, I do cast a curse upon all five of you from the darkest depths of hell, so that your victories may taste like bitter ash in your mouths and that the ending of the world may seem but a trifle compared to your eternal agony so long as you toil within the walls of this forsaken house. I utter forth in the names of the lost and the broken, of the forgotten gods, of the shattered tongues, that a reckoning may come from on high and from below and consume you all completely and utterly, leaving nothing but entrails and stains to remind the world of your coming. My vengeance shall be whispered for decades to come in these halls, and none shall no peace so long as my haunting spectre looms.

peace out motherfuckers