Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Lol who the gently caress are these people that still care so deeply about smash bros in tyool 2020

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I thought I liked Smash Bros until I tried to talk to an Actual Fan and he laughed at me when I said Yoshi was my favorite and he explained that Yoshi can't even wavedash cancel into invulnerability frames with ledge denial

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I thought I liked Smash Bros until I tried to talk to an Actual Fan and he laughed at me when I said Yoshi was my favorite and he explained that Yoshi can't even wavedash cancel into invulnerability frames with ledge denial

That just means he dies instantly against Donkey Kong instead of slightly slower.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can like things without liking gormless loving idiots who also happen to like those things, hth

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

The Bloop posted:

You can like things without liking gormless loving idiots who also happen to like those things, hth

No Doofus I meant "I thought I was a big fan until I saw what an actual big fan is like"

I still like Smash Bros and how Yoshi goes HAP-HOOWWWOWOWOWOWOW when he jumps

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

you know, this person gets a lot of love but inever really "got it" til now, that's amazing

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Hello everyone I would like to have your attention to announce that I DO NOT LIKE the immensely popular thing being discussed, thus making me superior. You may have autographs, but I ask that you do not touch me.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Yeah if Smash Brothers didn't exist, it wouldn't mean those nerds would be normal, just that instead of being way jnto Smash Brothers and feet they'd just be way into feet.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

No Doofus I meant "I thought I was a big fan until I saw what an actual big fan is like"

Most fans are also literal children and/or idiots who don't understand that the things they love are under no obligation to love them back, and that while Smash is wall-to-wall fanservice poo poo like "Oh hey one of the DLC characters will be based on our popular new release for brand synergy" was a discussion that was probably set in stone like 2.5 years ago and not something to get riled up about. These things happen.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what in the gently caress are you people talking about

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Ok ok, that's fine then. I also like Yoshi so we can be buds :yoshi::hf::yoshi:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Last Chance posted:

what in the gently caress are you people talking about

Bernie is cancelled because he reached across the aisle and brought in moderate republicans.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Last Chance posted:

you know, this person gets a lot of love but inever really "got it" til now, that's amazing

Yeah it goes from 'oh that's clever" to 'HOLY gently caress" real fast

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Smash has been banned or sequestered in fighting game tournaments in the past due to the playerbase being toxic and, no joke, smelly.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The only point to Smash Brothers is to argue about how lovely the next DLC character is each time a new one is announced.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Smash has been banned or sequestered in fighting game tournaments in the past due to the playerbase being toxic and, no joke, smelly.

Yu-Gi-Oh official tournaments have a rule that you can be removed from the bracket and venue if your lack of hygiene affects others.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yu-Gi-Oh

Magic

Smash

WH40k

-------

Who has the smelliest fans? I've heard horror stories from them all, but there must be some uber-goon who has collected all four and can do a comparison.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Bernie is cancelled because he reached across the aisle and brought in moderate republicans.

He mains space animals

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

One More Fat Nerd posted:

:lol:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

He mains space animals

LMAO this isn't the cspam thread I thought I was shitposting in.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Christmas morning.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

The Bloop posted:

This guy is a total Rick & Morty fan.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

mind the walrus posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh

Magic

Smash

WH40k

-------

Who has the smelliest fans? I've heard horror stories from them all, but there must be some uber-goon who has collected all four and can do a comparison.

I ran Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic, and Smash tournaments professionally in high school, and each of them have their characteristic scent problems. Adult Yu-Gi-Oh fans seemed to be the most universally smelly, but Magic tournaments often had a smell that could not be traced back to an individual player. Smash had the worst examples by far, but most Smash fans were indistinguishable from normal people. Their exceptions were simply exceptional.

I stopped running those tournaments literally the moment I stepped foot into University life. The pay was great, but the people were absolutely never worth it.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

mind the walrus posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh

Magic

Smash

WH40k
Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Knormal posted:

Long ago, the four nations lived together in harmony.

But everything changed when the Shower Nation attacked.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stex T posted:

This guy is a total Rick & Morty fan.

Never saw a single episode

I have watched all of the new She Ra on Netflix if you want to make fun of me for enjoying something

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Haha, do you think Yoshi is embarrassed when he goes HAP-HOOWWWOWOWOWOWOW when he jumps? Haha I just think its funny to think about.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Bloop posted:

I have watched all of the new She Ra on Netflix if you want to make fun of me for enjoying something

She Ra loving rocks, I watched it with my daughter and it was 100% :krad:

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

The Bloop posted:

Oh man you are so a Kyle.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
My local game store hosts Magic and Warhammer. They used to run Yu Gi Oh but stopped holding events because the players were so awful.
Then they stopped selling YGO, because the players were awful.
Eventually they put in a complete ban on even playing it in the store because the players were awful.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Jesus I went to read about the smash game for switch because I finally got a switch and I loved the poo poo out of the original smash and melee. But what the gently caress is going on with this game now, is it just a hollow money printing venture for Nintendo now? Or is it actually still a decent game under the hundreds of characters/outfits/stages you can buy?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's a decent game, but at this point you're either balls-deep into co-opting video game mascots/arcana as part of your identity or you're not.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

bike tory posted:

Jesus I went to read about the smash game for switch because I finally got a switch and I loved the poo poo out of the original smash and melee. But what the gently caress is going on with this game now, is it just a hollow money printing venture for Nintendo now? Or is it actually still a decent game under the hundreds of characters/outfits/stages you can buy?

This'll catch you up on the basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L93H7YC-83o

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
It’s fun! It’s still a good hang out with buds game.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Sestze posted:

i've been saving every single one of these i see on the internet, can't get enough of it.

Do you have a link to this compilation?

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

Smash Ultimate is a very good Smash that costs 60 bucks or so. It includes every character from every previous game plus some new ones like Simon Belmont. The base game has a fuckload of content including over 24 hours of music.
If you so choose you can also buy a 25 dollar season pass that gives you five new characters plus stages and music. I'd say it's worth it for Terry Bogard and Banjo & Kazooie alone.
The issue is that like with every nerdy fandom the people who really like Smash are shitfucks. This can easily be remedied by ignoring them.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

mind the walrus posted:

Yu-Gi-Oh

Magic

Smash

WH40k

-------

Who has the smelliest fans? I've heard horror stories from them all, but there must be s uber-goon who has collected all four and can do a comparison.

Smash has the smelliest fan base. Then magic. Then Yu-Gi-Oh, who are the biggest shoplifters. 40k nerds smell the least bad, but are most likely to be nazis.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

bike tory posted:

I don't know what the thread is going off about, Smash Ultimate is an amazing game and probably my favorite fighting game ever (not that I'm a huge fighting game player). Just don't go to local tourney and enjoy your game? I play online quite often and have a blast every time (I also watch the big tourneys and, with a few exceptions, all pros are pretty chill?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Isn't the case that older people tend to be more conservative because they survive to old age?