Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah what you're looking for is fundamentally a shopping cart, but that's annoying because after you get a proper car it's not easy to haul a cart around, unless one of the additions has been a foldable shopping cart aka something we have needed for a long time

then you could just mount it on the side of your car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
You can make a foldable shopping cart with the Folding Parts Pack which is bundled with the launcher. Of course you can also just put a shopping cart on a bike rack now which have been a thing for over a year.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jan 21, 2020

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Yeah but those don't have the steeze of post apocalyptic serfdom and also they don't walk down stairs or follow me into labs.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Anybody have that knight flashlight post handy?

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Look I admire your commitment to authenticity or whatever but I cant look at something like this and not laugh. Does anybody think people actually care about this stuff? A fullness meter is already verging on needlessly complicated, modifying it further to the point of incomprehensibility is wild. I just want to eat stuff and not throw up and have to go find more stuff to eat. I just wanna grill

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I like the concept of it a lot in that starvation is no longer just a switch. Like if you go through a really lean time, you will need a few days to come back from all that and be fit for fight again. It makes for the opportunity to have some extended vulnerability time and could accentuate the value of a truly secure space, rather than another “close enough” space.

Of course all of that presumes that this is that kind of game, which it really isn’t.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Turbo lasers really need to be nerfed in someway because holy poo poo if you find the stuff and have the skills to make one its basically removes all difficulty.

Zombie hulk? Turbo laser
Locked metal doors? Turbo laser
Entire National Guard base full of military bots? Turbo laser.

Just jacking up the energy price per shot would go a long way.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I had a lot of problems with this game for a while but now I have become incredibly powerful and knowledgeable. However, I was playing the game on an experimental released in 2018 and after grabbing the newest version, uh, wow is it different

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Stamina is tied to combat now and default mid spring start means less rain on day one... the era of the defensive underwear fires is back!!!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I find myself disliking this new one floor science lab that seems way more prevalent then the old kind. They're mostly just full of apparently useless chemicals and crammed to gently caress with zombies with none of the big payouts you could find in the old lab finales or barracks or whatever.

I guess it has a poo poo load of Z.Scientists so you can try and beat some CBM's or something out of them.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Telsa Cola posted:

Turbo lasers really need to be nerfed in someway because holy poo poo if you find the stuff and have the skills to make one its basically removes all difficulty.

Zombie hulk? Turbo laser
Locked metal doors? Turbo laser
Entire National Guard base full of military bots? Turbo laser.

Just jacking up the energy price per shot would go a long way.

Isn't that a vehicle mod weapon only?

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

Caidin posted:

I find myself disliking this new one floor science lab that seems way more prevalent then the old kind. They're mostly just full of apparently useless chemicals and crammed to gently caress with zombies with none of the big payouts you could find in the old lab finales or barracks or whatever.

I guess it has a poo poo load of Z.Scientists so you can try and beat some CBM's or something out of them.

It does (should???) have a finale (it can sort of have two, there’s a sealed engineering closet with some rare stuff like robot plans sometimes) but it can be hard to find. If you trawl the entire building you should find a room that requires an ID card to enter; not the exit to the subway, it should be internal.

I’ve found three variants so far; one with some prototype cyborgs and multiple tiny rooms with random CBMs (the best, it can have rare and high end CBMs and it also has quite a lot which is good now that chopping them out is much rarer to get to work), one with some mutagen materials and a vial of Alpha serum, and one with some mutagen materials and a bunch of fridges with random low level mutagens (the worst, it’s basically a mutagen closet from a real lab)

They are totally way less rewarding than a real lab, though, and are far less rewarding for how much of an insufferable combat hellhole they are.

BlondRobin fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Jan 23, 2020

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

BlondRobin posted:

insufferable combat hellhole

but enough about the official forums

BlondRobin
May 29, 2005

Sssh! Be vewy vewy quiet. It's wabbit season.

goatsestretchgoals posted:

but enough about the official forums

A zombie scientist posts, “Now that we have a working (could still be fleshed out) satiation system we need to finish the digestive cycle with waste excretion and latrine sanitation simulation.” for 67 damage.
Your game died...
You are forgotten amongst billions of other games lost in the cataclysm.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

sucks for early game but there's a certain appeal to being able to (L)ift leg while staring down a hulk in lategame

fake edit: please do not listen to me now or ever

real edit: stillsuits? "survivor, clearly you know our ways, you drive without rhythm" "yeah i should probably change that wheel out"

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Jan 23, 2020

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I could swear I once read Kevin promising he'd never make players have to pause for a bowel movement but who even knows anymore.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

stillsuits confirmed

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Bowel movements are due for a nerf. Players are currently using the decay system to build "poop farms" which produce unlimited cockroach spawns for meat and chitin. This kind of self-sustaining feedback loop removes any need to scavenge and should not be possible. To prevent it, eating cockroach meat will give you dysentery, causing your bowel movements to produce blood unstead of feces. This is much more realistic and maintains the intended game balance better.

[One week later]

Dysentery will not be nerfed. I am aware that players are eating cockroach meat in order to produce blood at will, which can be used to "bait" traps in order to safely and reliably kill predatory animals for huge amounts of meat, bones, and hide, or to lure powerful zombies into deathtraps built at night and during the rain (to limit scent and visibility). However, that seems fairly realistic. I believe it is sufficiently balanced by dysentery's mood, health, and hydration penalties.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Saltpeter is a valuable and hard to find resource in the game and having actual waste present in the game would let you farm for it, at least in small quantities, so there actually would be one gameplay benefit of letting players go to the bathroom.
Anyway please see my related merge request, thanks

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Can you not mine for niter anymore? Digging randomly around with a jackhammer used to give more niter, salt and coal than you could ever use. Niter + water = Saltpeter.

You could also make it out of pretty basic common ingredients,
Water + Ammonia -> Nitric Acid
Nitric Acid + Ammonia -> Ammonium Nitrate
Salt water (infinite from swamps) -> lye -> lye powder
Ammonium Nitrate + lye powder = Saltpeter.

It's been a while since I played so any or all of this could be nerfed beyond use, but it used to be once you had the chemistry tools and knowledge to make use of the stuff, actually getting the saltpeter was never an issue.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Mzbundifund posted:

Can you not mine for niter anymore? Digging randomly around with a jackhammer used to give more niter, salt and coal than you could ever use. Niter + water = Saltpeter.

You could also make it out of pretty basic common ingredients,
Water + Ammonia -> Nitric Acid
Nitric Acid + Ammonia -> Ammonium Nitrate
Salt water (infinite from swamps) -> lye -> lye powder
Ammonium Nitrate + lye powder = Saltpeter.

It's been a while since I played so any or all of this could be nerfed beyond use, but it used to be once you had the chemistry tools and knowledge to make use of the stuff, actually getting the saltpeter was never an issue.
I thought that was a mining mod that added that.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It may well, but I never played with a mining mod. But like I said, it's been a while since I played, and it may only be in a mining mod now. Making your own gunpowder was never very practical, irregardless of saltpeter availability.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Vib Rib posted:

Saltpeter is a valuable and hard to find resource in the game and having actual waste present in the game would let you farm for it, at least in small quantities, so there actually would be one gameplay benefit of letting players go to the bathroom.
Anyway please see my related merge request, thanks

Critters like birds, cockroaches, and dogs generate guano that basically do this. They also had their vermin-spawning quality removed somehow after that was in. Also it rots so quickly and thus becomes unusable in recipes it might as well not even be in.

Devs trying real hard there to not let you have access to gunpowder and fertilizer despite it technically being possible.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Killer-of-Lawyers posted:

Isn't that a vehicle mod weapon only?

Maybe? I have never not played with the vehicle mod.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

Bowel movements are due for a nerf. Players are currently using the decay system to build "poop farms" which produce unlimited cockroach spawns for meat and chitin. This kind of self-sustaining feedback loop removes any need to scavenge and should not be possible. To prevent it, eating cockroach meat will give you dysentery, causing your bowel movements to produce blood unstead of feces. This is much more realistic and maintains the intended game balance better.

[One week later]

Dysentery will not be nerfed. I am aware that players are eating cockroach meat in order to produce blood at will, which can be used to "bait" traps in order to safely and reliably kill predatory animals for huge amounts of meat, bones, and hide, or to lure powerful zombies into deathtraps built at night and during the rain (to limit scent and visibility). However, that seems fairly realistic. I believe it is sufficiently balanced by dysentery's mood, health, and hydration penalties.

Is this a real patch note or just an in-joke? I've just skimmed the OP and jumped straight to this last page, and if those are real developer issues I think that tells me more about the game than the OP did (and it sounds incredible).

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

The game is really fun but yeah some of the optional ultra-realism settings can be bonkers. I just use regular ol' satiated etc. hunger rather than needing to balance micronutrients and you can toooo

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
Cataclysm: Is this a real patch note or just an in-joke?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's not the bar micromanaging that has me interested, it's the bonkers using your own human poo poo to generate cockroaches to eat meat as some kind of game-breaking stationary farm strategy. I suppose if you can do that, there are probably other bonkers things to do with more exciting goals than living as some poo poo-munching cockroach bloody-butthole Ouroboros.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
You used to be able to power all your gear with batteries made from rain water and scrap metal; and a giant spider nest & a food dehydrator provided you with enough powdered eggs to live off for years.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I wish they'd just rip off UnReal World's easily digestible (hah) nutrition bar and make it so that having a variety of vitamins gave you some modest buffs instead of penalising you for not having a balanced diet. Opting in to the challenge and getting a reward for putting in more than the minimum effort is good.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

A mechanic that has you eat maybe other foods besides jerky and water sounds nice but yes the way its implemented is horrible.

Like a generic "Have you eaten a vegetable in the past 6 months?" No? Maybe go do that because you feel like poo poo right now.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Angry Diplomat posted:

[One week later]

This is too real.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Is this a real patch note or just an in-joke? I've just skimmed the OP and jumped straight to this last page, and if those are real developer issues I think that tells me more about the game than the OP did (and it sounds incredible).

That particular post is just a shitpost poking fun at certain devs (the lead in particular). I don't blame you for being unsure, though :v:

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Oh ho, Cataclysm! A "Grunty" combat mech with gatling laser you say? How droll!

I suppose I'll just take just take this generous offering for a brisk ride and- *immediately ventilated by lab turrets*

Not exactly a gundam I see.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Yeah the mechs are more exoskeletons than armoured vehicles. Also getting new batteries for them can be a huge pain.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Some dead eyed half mollusk sitting at his keyboard, withered and blueish grey... "If the mechs had armor that would... be unbalanced" he burbles,

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Can you take apart/modify mechs like ordinary vehicles? I don't think I've ever found one.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

I've never found one, but everything I've seen about them seems to indicate they're more like critters you wear than vehicles you repair.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Anticheese posted:

I've never found one, but everything I've seen about them seems to indicate they're more like critters you wear than vehicles you repair.

Sounds strange, I think I'll try to find one and see what's what, I heard they also spawn as enemies so that'll be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Can you get into a mech and then sit in the driver's seat of a vehicle?