Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Love the new spoilers! The make night browsing much more bearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Warbird posted:

Love the new spoilers! The make night browsing much more bearable.

Agreed, I didn’t know I wanted these until I got the update.

Can I please +1 a fix for this? Hadn’t noticed this one until today:

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Does anyone else have issues using trying to jump to the last post when you look at a user's post history in a thread? Whenever I pick it in the page menu it jumps me to the last page of the entire thread. Selecting any other page is fine.

fourwood
Sep 9, 2001

Damn I'll bring them to their knees.

IllegallySober posted:

Agreed, I didn’t know I wanted these until I got the update.

Can I please +1 a fix for this? Hadn’t noticed this one until today:
What’s everyone taking about

e: :monocle:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fourwood posted:

What’s everyone taking about

e: :monocle:

Ok what am I missing? It looks the same?

Edit: never mind I see it now. When I first posted they were white but now they are perfect and dark.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jan 22, 2020

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Subjunctive posted:

Orientation switch is fixed for me in beta, thanks a ton. My sleepy time reading will be nicer now.

Wooooooo hell yeah it works, sweet liberation! Thanks for the fix ❤️

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Nah, v.4.0 iOS still doesn't work for me for some reason.

I can now enter forums name and password, but everything else locks up, don't know what it could be. Select a board, lockup. Select bookmark, then try to enter thread, lockup. Try to change browser from Awful to anything else, lockup. Power down, then power back up, launch app, do anything I just mentioned, lockup. Messages and Lepers work.

Still running iOS 13.3, iPhone 11. Last thing I'm gonna try is a backup, then format and restore firmware from iTunes.

Right now my iPhone has been OTA'd ever since iOS 13.0, maybe it's time to refresh..

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
p to

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
Mmhp
Q

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’ve noticed more cases where I’ll hit quote and nothing happens, I figure I mistapped and try again, then it puts me on the reply screen. The text is quoted 2-4 times and it’ll hang for a bit before it crashes. Been unable to reliably replicate it. On the iPhone X if that matters.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Binary Badger posted:

I can now enter forums name and password, but everything else locks up, don't know what it could be. Select a board, lockup. Select bookmark, then try to enter thread, lockup. Try to change browser from Awful to anything else, lockup. Power down, then power back up, launch app, do anything I just mentioned, lockup. Messages and Lepers work.

Still running iOS 13.3, iPhone 11. Last thing I'm gonna try is a backup, then format and restore firmware from iTunes.

Right now my iPhone has been OTA'd ever since iOS 13.0, maybe it's time to refresh..

I’m in the same boat, same thing happening

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
New ... and long press menu icons are nice!

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

Binary Badger posted:

Still having the same issue here as well.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Noticed an issue with the new long press menu on the bookmark page, the Profile option is slightly off the edge of the popup window and can be grabbed and slid around. It's possibly because I'm on an iPhone SE, the same issue doesn't happen when long pressing in the forum page. Happens in dark mode too, screenshotted in light mode for ease of viewing:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
it'd be nice to have data/wifi toggles for stuff so i don't have to manually turn all the post options off/on every time

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Is there some way I can disable swipe-to-go-back? It seems overly sensitive, and often takes me out of a page without warning because my thumb just absently brushed the screen. I don't want to use this feature ever, the back button is enough for me.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

If I leave the app and come back it seems to add a back button that does nothing, at least on ipad. Latest app/iOS as far as I know and this seems recent.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The graphic quotes in this post shows up black on gray background using the OLED dark theme. Clicking on the graphic brings it up with the expected white background.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908776&perpage=40&pagenumber=106#post501987498

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

Vortex Street posted:

Still having the same issue here as well.

Same issue, SE running 13.3

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Seeing an issue where if I scroll with a finger on an embedded youtube video, when i touch up it triggers the video and it starts playing

Beta build 40005, latest prod ios

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

stuffed crust punk posted:

Seeing an issue where if I scroll with a finger on an embedded youtube video, when i touch up it triggers the video and it starts playing

I’m having that happen on any webpage on my iPhone, not just in Awful. I think it’s YouTube.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

People have also been posting about it in the thread for the Android Awful app. YouTube must have changed how embeds work.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Their whole mobile web situation is a loving disaster and their product managers should be wood chippered

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Tapping any links currently just opens the browser but doesn't load anything, and there's no way to back out of it except force closing the app.

iOS 13.3 and v4.0 of the app

It can be worked around by setting safari as the default browser but I prefer having it in awful with the done button to just make it go away and put me straight back in the thread.

Edit: it just does this

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 28, 2020

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Binary Badger posted:

Same thing happens with iOS 13.3.1 with OTA updates since 13.0.

Was gonna try a reformat and reinstall with latest 13.3.1 but wanted to see if OTA 13.3.1 would be any better than 13.3.0. Nope :(

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok this is a weird bug and I’ll see if I can explain it correctly.

If I quote someone from a thread and then start to type the first letter is not being capitalized correctly. It doesn’t matter how many times I hit return it doesn’t do it.

Now! If I just make a new reply no quote the first letter is capitalized correctly.

I have restarted the app and it still does it.

Weird right?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Has something changed with the way YouTube embeds? Tonight I seem to be triggering playback of any video I scroll by. I’m feeling sick as a dog so it might just be my senses messing with me though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Has something changed with the way YouTube embeds? Tonight I seem to be triggering playback of any video I scroll by. I’m feeling sick as a dog so it might just be my senses messing with me though.

Yes, YouTube changed something.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

stuffed crust punk posted:

Have this too

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Midjack posted:

Yes, YouTube changed something.

Glad to see both this is confirmed, and how sick I was confirmed as I now see with a clear head that the page I read looking to see if anyone else posted about it indeed has everyone posting about it.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Thought it was just me with the weird sensitive YouTube links. Not at all annoying!

email
Sep 8, 2005

Any chance we could get the ability to open links in Brave?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
I am also having the YouTube issue while scrolling. I thought it was because I just switched phones to a 6s+ a couple days ago but I guess not.

I’ve found that so long as you don’t drag your finger across any part of the YouTube display while scrolling, it won’t automatically go full screen and play. It’s kind of annoying to aim for the spaces between posts if multiple YouTube links are posted but it’s better than nothing.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I got an Autoban for posting a thread with a forbidden thread tag. I only post from my phone and the iPhone app doesn't have a warning that tells you "You will be automatically banned for using this tag!" anywhere in the app, so I basically just got owned for $10-40 bucks (if I have to rebuy all my upgrades). Can you please add that warning so phone posters don't GET GOT?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God what an insane set of requirements this loving application has

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
I’m getting a weird issue on iPad where, whenever I switch from the Awful app to another app — and then go back again to the awful app — the top-left back button is gone. (Closing and re-opening the app completely brings it back.)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

I got an Autoban for posting a thread with a forbidden thread tag. I only post from my phone and the iPhone app doesn't have a warning that tells you "You will be automatically banned for using this tag!" anywhere in the app, so I basically just got owned for $10-40 bucks (if I have to rebuy all my upgrades). Can you please add that warning so phone posters don't GET GOT?

lmao

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

Ok this is a weird bug and I’ll see if I can explain it correctly.

If I quote someone from a thread and then start to type the first letter is not being capitalized correctly. It doesn’t matter how many times I hit return it doesn’t do it.

Now! If I just make a new reply no quote the first letter is capitalized correctly.

I have restarted the app and it still does it.

Weird right?

This bug is also present on the iPad version.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Bust Rodd posted:

Owned. How can you post here for 11+ years and not know that rule?

Actual content:

Maybe a known issue but when scrolling a forum thread list and I trigger the "load next bunch of thread titles" point the view does a disorienting auto scrolling thing and I find myself having to scroll back up to figure out where I was focused

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah I’m not quite sure why thread lists aren’t divided into pages like threads are, or, the actual forums are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardon Crime
Jan 15, 2020

hubba hubba hubba hubba

Bust Rodd posted:

couldn't have happened to be a better poster

lmao jk irony