Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Can we trust hal? I’m not so sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Can we trust hal? I’m not so sure

Hal rhymes with Sal and Pal so I trust him!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
No I don’t think so ##vote hal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I need 5 people to vote me thx

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
##vote b-

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

b-minus1 posted:

I want to see what happens.

##vote b-

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

IllegallySober posted:

Something about this post I don’t like and I can’t quite place it. It might just be looking at these two posts back-to-back and seeing the focus on mechanics over reads. Who’s looking scummy, xiw?

i like mechanics. They affect how scum will think, what scum's strategy will be, and who they'll push, and that's material to form hypotheses about when looking at people's posts.

On the other hand can we just skip the couple of days of 'but mechanicschat!' this time though,

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

b-minus1 posted:

Don't see why not - ##vote b-

Can we unvote straight away or do you need 5 simultaneous

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-, why didn't you vote for yourself?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

xiw posted:

i like mechanics. They affect how scum will think, what scum's strategy will be, and who they'll push, and that's material to form hypotheses about when looking at people's posts.

I do too, but it’s also excuses NOT to look at people’s posts.

b-minus1 posted:

Okay sure ##vote B-

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol ##vote binus

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, that got B- to give votes, going back to ##vote Sal now.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what is even happening in here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay was that meant to do something?

If so I'm sort of amused that amni has potentially given players two ways to harass the mod.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, that got B- to five votes, going back to ##vote Sal now.

Mafia edit. Thanks, autocorrect.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote sober

Your prodding seems strange.

Strange to call my 2 posts scummy so early on.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amnistar @ Jan 22, 2020 6:36 AM posted:

The Nations of the World have gathered. Someone has begun banding together to paint the map their own color. To save yourselves, and possible expand your own borders, you have gathered together to locate who it is that is plotting together. Find those jerks that have created their Secret Alliance and remove them from the map, before they remove you!

Votecount for Day 1

Not Voting (16): 2 penny bottle imp, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, CapitalistPig, charms, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, IllegallySober, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard, xiw

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 7:03 a.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

GAME STAR

IllegallySober @ Jan 22, 2020 8:17 PM posted:

Xiw at least said they would check in later, I think. AA didn’t provide an excuse. Pretty scummy...!

+14ish hours.

Bullshit.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
"It's not an AA case if it doesn't include time stamps."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You think that's a legit serious push, as opposed to a joke?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

especially considering I raised it first?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

You think that's a legit serious push, as opposed to a joke?

I think it's an odd prod in any case

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I also don't think steak's ability is a town ability and I think disclosing it is away to get around the awkwardness of being scum out in the open, again.

"But guys, I told you I can vote 3 people at once or stack votes! It's totally a good thing!"

Not too much worse than random vigs going off, but I don't see that as a town move, and going back to the very very initial point.

yeah that's an awkward sober call out even in the skin of a joke

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I stand by it, and I'm going to sleep now so deeeaaalll wwiiiitthhh ittttttttt

:smugwizard:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hi AA thanks for posting more coherently for a little while there, that was great

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hi AA thanks for posting more coherently for a little while there, that was great

A gross misrepresentation or my skillful reserved plays

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
So everyone realizes that voting for b- probably charged some sort of power for them, right? If that turns out to be a vig or an extra night kill, Im suspicious of them, and think there's probably at least 1 scumbuddy in the mix who helped charge them up.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

2 penny bottle imp posted:

So everyone realizes that voting for b- probably charged some sort of power for them, right? If that turns out to be a vig or an extra night kill, Im suspicious of them, and think there's probably at least 1 scumbuddy in the mix who helped charge them up.

drat this is a scummy post

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

:goofy:

Is it?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Yes, and I am very interested in how that power is used. Of course, this is the person who stepped on a mine and self killed in a previous game so my judgement in such things is questionable.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

:iiam:

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

dril: no

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's just keep voting binus. Charge him right past majority line ##Vote binus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote binus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Just kidding ##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

It’s generally considered a bad move to lunch town players

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

Xiw at least said they would check in later, I think. AA didn’t provide an excuse. Pretty scummy...!

This wasn’t really a serious call out, as should have been evidenced by the “...!” at the end of it. I’m just used to more posting from you.

And actually, if you wanted to make a case out of that, I’m surprised you didn’t point out the more-serious sounding prod I threw out a couple of hours before that:

IllegallySober posted:

I would like to hear more from charms, AA, and Humalong please.

It’s amusing that this is what you’re latching onto, though.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

b-minus1 posted:

I don't think so. Why do you say so?

B-minus1, the "gimme 5 votes" thing is the exact same thing that you did in Passive Abilities recently, and there you were Town and it had to do with an actual game mechanic.

I'd like to know if in this game you just happened to get a similar game mechanic assigned to you and your request was mechanics-based (implausible), or if this was a Content gambit, or what. Just for the record.

Seems like you were quick to jump on the first person to question what you were doing, and then you were cagey about explaining your criticism

Overall I don't like it. Ping.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I also don't think steak's ability is a town ability and I think disclosing it is away to get around the awkwardness of being scum out in the open, again.

"But guys, I told you I can vote 3 people at once or stack votes! It's totally a good thing!"
The mod said that every role was created independently of alignment and that alignment was just RNG'd, so trying to deduce alignment from powers is not going to work. We're you aware of this and does it change your view?

Also Steak demonstrated that the power currently only allows three distributed votes, and he also demonstrated that it currently does not work to stack votes.

His eagerness to show this (apparently) useless ability is still something to evaluate, but the ability itself is no indication of alignment.

All things considered I think Steak is more likely Town. Illegally Sober asked me why I reconsidered and I think his behavior was in character with his sincere self and he wasn't trying to be loudly deceptive. He was the informed minority Mason in an unconfirmed masonry in our last game and he was very reserved and agreeable there, being defensive and flailing and eager to overstate fits his Town meta as far as I can see and it seems more likely that he would confirm to his meta than launch an audacious gambit straight mouth of the starting gate to flip his meta, and also happen to not draw Town once again.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Lumpen posted:

The mod said that every role was created independently of alignment and that alignment was just RNG'd, so trying to deduce alignment from powers is not going to work. We're you aware of this and does it change your view?

Also Steak demonstrated that the power currently only allows three distributed votes, and he also demonstrated that it currently does not work to stack votes.

His eagerness to show this (apparently) useless ability is still something to evaluate, but the ability itself is no indication of alignment.

All things considered I think Steak is more likely Town. Illegally Sober asked me why I reconsidered and I think his behavior was in character with his sincere self and he wasn't trying to be loudly deceptive. He was the informed minority Mason in an unconfirmed masonry in our last game and he was very reserved and agreeable there, being defensive and flailing and eager to overstate fits his Town meta as far as I can see and it seems more likely that he would confirm to his meta than launch an audacious gambit straight mouth of the starting gate to flip his meta, and also happen to not draw Town once again.

I was not aware because I'm a bad who doesn't read rules thoroughly. Yes, it does change my opinion lol ugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm down. Asking for blind faith like that is bad precident at best, scummy at worst.

B- care to comment on *why* you made that request before this turns sour for you?