Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yes Rae, yes it does.:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think we've finally found a replacement for moon over june, good job everyone!

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

I too sometimes enjoy Pearls Before Swine

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm just printing those comics out for my trip to the shooting range later today. Can't really do that with Moon over June

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
It's a pretty disconcerting to show that much hatred towards a comic just because it has dumb puns and it's a little too twee.

It's also not that bad either, it's one of those things where the artist makes them to amuse herself and other people seem to enjoy it too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Adeline Weishaupt posted:

It's a pretty disconcerting to show that much hatred towards a comic just because it has dumb puns and it's a little too twee.

Forget it, Adeline...it's PYFComictown.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I only have one thing to say about the reactions to that comic. One thing that I feel is appropriate in every possible way:

Oh deer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nitrox posted:

I'm just printing those comics out for my trip to the shooting range later today. Can't really do that with Moon over June

:chloe:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

:yeshaha:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Ha! It's funny because the priest molested a child and somehow covered it up resulting in the child's disappearance!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Screaming Idiot posted:

Ha! It's funny because the priest molested a child and somehow covered it up resulting in the child's disappearance!

It’s a miracle!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't play Fire Emblem so I'm not 100% certain about the canonicity of archery tournaments involving killing your opponent :ohdear:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't play Fire Emblem so I'm not 100% certain about the canonicity of archery tournaments involving killing your opponent :ohdear:

They are 100% canonical except they don't actually involve killing, merely maiming.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
It's not Edelgard's fault that it's easy to accidentally snap Ignatz's skinny little neck. (In early FE, arenas were to the death, and also the only way to grind exp and money in a game with a finite amount of those things. So you'd send your soldiers to go indulge in bloodsport to get stronger, and hope they weren't permanently killed along the way. These days, arena-style fights show up in non-lethal contexts, like tournaments, and there are other ways to grind exp.)

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

-Zydeco- posted:

Just the worst puns

I admit, I liked these :shobon:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's funny, because video games operate on different logic when compared to real life.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
In the video game Fire Emblem: Three Houses, there are occasionally fighting tournaments for a single weapon type which you can enter one of your students in. One would naturally assume that in, say, an archery tournament where everyone is required to use bows, the best candidate would be a student who has been specializing in archery. However, because of the way the combat system works, and the limited healing between rounds, you will often get better results by simply choosing a unit with very high defense, even if they have no skill with a bow and have never used it before.

This comic attempts to highlight the absurdity of the situation, by illustrating what it would look like for someone to win an archery tournament this way in “real life”, so to speak, without the trappings of a video game combat system filtering the events.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Post your favourite comic: There's way more torture than you'd think.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I'm done with reading

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl

Who is this again?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't remember his name but that dude has made some good comics...that's not one of them.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's "extrafabulous" and for some reason that's only like half the comic, it was a weirdly long one.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I'd argue with his tiers. I think a tiger could take a lion and a nerd with a big knife at the same time.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
where would an ocelot fit in

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

finalellipsis posted:

where would an ocelot fit in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y897tozJeg8
Right at the top

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's like Meowshwitz in here.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Elfface posted:

I'd argue with his tiers. I think a tiger could take a lion and a nerd with a big knife at the same time.

A tiger is bigger than a lion, but lions have teamwork.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
https://imgur.com/gallery/YYEcpVr

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Thirstiest post ever.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Where are they hiding the Athenian soldiers in this case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Afriscipio posted:

Where are they hiding the Athenian soldiers in this case?

It's a plan still in its early term.