Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Chiming back in on the Dawn/Dusk conversation, my biggest issue is going from DS to DD was that there were no moves that didn;t cost MP or whatever they were calling it so you had to leave to replenish that a lot more then in DS. Thankfully they reverted back for Cyber Sleuth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i want a digimon game with less digimon (usable, include all the others as baddies) stop trying to make digimon into pokemon

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Elfgames posted:

i want a digimon game with less digimon (usable, include all the others as baddies) stop trying to make digimon into pokemon

You are insane

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Nodosaur posted:

I’m personally holding out for DeanOfStudentsGreymon as Professor Agumon’s Ultimate/Mega form.

Greymon (Tenure)

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elfgames posted:

I'm down with cutting some of the recolors but I absolutely want as many unique digimons as possible, it's fun seeing the new designs!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

mandatory lesbian posted:

I'm down with cutting some of the recolors but I absolutely want as many unique digimons as possible, it's fun seeing the new designs!

I disagree, the recolors definitely have their place, and indeed there's some I like better than the originals(for example I despise Nanimon, but his recolor BomberNanimon* is one of my favorite Adult stage Digimon)

*and his recolor as Citramon as well

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I didn't care for Nanimon either until I found out it was a Tamagotchi transported to the Digital world.

drrockso20 posted:

*and his recolor as Citramon as well

That was a master class censor. I was into Bobobo when that aired and it tickled the hell out of me.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Elfgames posted:

Digimon Survive will probably be this with significantly more limited evolution lines and less emphasis on micromanaging your monster farm to evolve hilariously OP Ultimates.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mandatory lesbian posted:

i want to see new designs, i just don't need to have all of them playable

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is such a good celebration of the franchise outside the anime! We got nothing interesting today from what I can find from the stream but at least this is a really nice short video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPvzjkxVl5U

Also this MetalGarurumon looks amazing.
https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1220681458303422465

Blaze Dragon fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jan 24, 2020

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh!

I didn't realize this at first, but this has the new Digivice in it. The one the kid uses to digivolve WarGreymon. That's totally the new anime one/the toy version of it

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Oh!

I didn't realize this at first, but this has the new Digivice in it. The one the kid uses to digivolve WarGreymon. That's totally the new anime one/the toy version of it

Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder if that means we have a preview of how evolutions will look in Adventure:, it looked very Tri-like with the EVOLUTION ring.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I haven’t been crazy about the Digivice design for a while, but that one’s really good.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Real talk, the Digivice design peaked with the D-Power.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I think the Appli Drive and the Duo were pretty great Digivices personally.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I think the only Digivices I dislike aesthetically are the original and the iC/Burst. The original is too plain and uninteresting and the lack of unique colours (pre-Perfect) is bad, while the iC/Burst are too boxy and ugly. I'm also not a big fan of the upgraded D-Scans, though mostly because they're uglier than the originals while also showing even more how Frontier really only had two important characters. All the rest are fine.

This new one...seems just as boring as the original, but I guess it's fitting for Adventure, Again.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I think I like the D-3 just a little more than the D-Power, but those are easily the best digivices in the franchise. Nothing else comes remotely close.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Disrespecting the Digivice Burst in my house? No way, son.

(you’re entitled to your opinion)

The new Digivice looks like a cross between am original Digivice and the D-Ark. I hope it does more things than make Digimon evolve.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

FewtureMD posted:

Real talk, the Digivice design peaked with the D-Power.
:hmmyes:

I don't hate any of the others aside from maybe the D-Burst (Appli Drive gets a pass for looking exactly like a sentai henshin device), but the D-Power has a very pleasing shape

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love the Adventure Digivice, if only because it reminds me so much of the original MMPR Morpher and I love that shape.

I also don't give a poo poo for more toyetic designs, I like and have always liked designs that are a nice mix of functional and toyetic. The OG Digivice is not flashy at all, it just looks like a little piece of technology and I like that.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I like that the D2 came with a blackberry that didn’t seem to have any use?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

TheHan posted:

I like that the D2 came with a blackberry that didn’t seem to have any use?

It held the Digimentals and I'm sure the toy also had some kind of use though no idea which.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
It was a digidex and had an additional quest function. That’s how you earned the Digimentals that you used in the D-3.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I never had anything more than dial up internet, and the digidex on that one wsa always weirdly limited to what was 'canon' in the show

Then one day I brought the thing to school and it freaked out and suddenly had a BUNCH of different digivolutions- including Magna Angemon to Seraphimon

It never happened again after that. No clue what was the deal there

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Nodosaur posted:

It was a digidex and had an additional quest function. That’s how you earned the Digimentals that you used in the D-3.

You could also send emails/texts, which was useful for communication!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

obvious pretool
Could the US version do that? I’d wager not.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Burkion posted:

I never had anything more than dial up internet, and the digidex on that one wsa always weirdly limited to what was 'canon' in the show

Then one day I brought the thing to school and it freaked out and suddenly had a BUNCH of different digivolutions- including Magna Angemon to Seraphimon

It never happened again after that. No clue what was the deal there

You were a Chosen Child; your partner digimon was trying to reach you but you didn't do it right.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You were a Chosen Child; your partner digimon was trying to reach you but you didn't do it right.

No, that was earlier in my life

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Nodosaur posted:

Could the US version do that? I’d wager not.

The JP version couldn’t either. It was basically just a better version of the US one with a battle feature iirc

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Oh... I meant in the show... I got confused and didn’t know we were talking about toys

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is a really good little animation!

https://twitter.com/DaHeckSaJerry/status/1221402873398878209

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The first short story leading to Last Evolution, To Sora, is out and subbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtnwIuJy5BY

It's really nice seeing the original artstyle back and the original songs really give it that nostalgic feeling, but the actual moral of the story seems kind of confused on what it actually wants to say. Then again, the whole thing couldn't help but be rushed with such a short time I guess.

This has absolutely nothing to do with that but I love these designs and wish they got canonized,

https://twitter.com/JP_Excelsior/status/1223442009547034625
https://twitter.com/JP_Excelsior/status/1223442039074971652

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Having now watched the short I gotta say it feels more like an epilogue to the movie or at least the lead in to a very different kind of movie from what they're promising. It sort of feels like they animated a post-series Audio drama send-off, akin to the Digimon Frontier one from the BD releases.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Omnicrom posted:

Having now watched the short I gotta say it feels more like an epilogue to the movie or at least the lead in to a very different kind of movie from what they're promising. It sort of feels like they animated a post-series Audio drama send-off, akin to the Digimon Frontier one from the BD releases.

No, it's very much before the movie. Spoilers for said movie are out and the events of the short (namely, Sora deciding not to fight anymore) are referenced to and affect the story.

If anyone wants said spoilers, here they are. They are, however, in Spanish. And rest assured...it looks terrible, because no Digimon anime sequel can ever be good. It answers absolutely nothing and blatantly leaves the door open for more Adventure poo poo in the future, even with the reboot.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
My short review of it

Our War Games remixed with the ending of the first Digimon 'movie' and Maki from Tri, only not as good as any of them.

I think that about sums it up

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
"- The real Gennai appears on Taichi's computer. Confirm that Menoa's theory is true and leave it. Gennai does nothing."

hahahaha gently caress off

e: you can tell this is a quality movie from how many lines in this leak are "[character name] does nothing"

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 3, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Sora being so committed to not fighting that she won’t even join in when her friends are being pummeled by her mind controlled other friends is one of the worst character decisions I think I’ve ever read.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Taking a cue from The Rise of Skywalker being a bad retread of a movie from 1983 that some people liked, Toei decided to make a bad retread of a movie from 2018 that no one liked.

Bold, imo.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
The spoilers surely must be omitting tons of character moments, cause it sounds like none of the other adult digidestined even acknowledge that their Digimon will have to leave. Jo doesn’t sound like he’s in the movie past the intro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

TheHan posted:

The spoilers surely must be omitting tons of character moments, cause it sounds like none of the other adult digidestined even acknowledge that their Digimon will have to leave. Jo doesn’t sound like he’s in the movie past the intro?

If you're asking "surely they couldn't make a movie that focuses entirely on Taichi and Yamato to the exclusion of every other character could they?" I think you need to look deep inside yourself and find you already know the answer to that

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Feb 3, 2020