Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I'm down. Asking for blind faith like that is bad precident at best, scummy at worst.

B- care to comment on *why* you made that request before this turns sour for you?

in "passive mafia" he instantly copped the 5th person who voted him, or something like that. it'd be crazy coincidence if he has the exact same power here, but i dont find the request scummy in the slightest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Thanks for the votes. I have become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Mr. Steak posted:

in "passive mafia" he instantly copped the 5th person who voted him, or something like that. it'd be crazy coincidence if he has the exact same power here, but i dont find the request scummy in the slightest.

Was Amni in passive mafia? Maybe not a coincidence?

b- care to chime in?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

binus who scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I have no idea

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
2 penny bottle imp is giving off some scummy vibes imo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think steak is town he wasn’t afraid to put me at -3

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

2 penny bottle imp posted:

I'm down. Asking for blind faith like that is bad precident at best, scummy at worst.

B- care to comment on *why* you made that request before this turns sour for you?

Before this turns sour for me, lol. This post reads like a scum loooking for justification to vote me. I’ll put my money where my mouth is and ##vote 2 penny bottle scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I guess I technically wasn’t at -3. Steak wasn’t afraid to be the fifth person to vote me

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Not Voting (5): charms, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Humalong

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

We have about 1 day left.
Those who are not voting, why not? Would you please make your top three suspects and cast a vote?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I technically wasn’t at -3. Steak wasn’t afraid to be the fifth person to vote me
So what? Why would anyone be?

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm around. I'm at work and today sucks.

I meant to ##vote Retro Futurist with my reads. I still feel it's counterproductive to dodge questions. 2 penny also dodged all but one of my questions while he was interrogating me

That's all I'm really basing my reads on right now.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

b-minus1 posted:

Thanks for the votes. I have become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

do you need us to still be voting you?

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Hal's at the top of my list for ignoring my callout and not posting anything substantial, and for the reasons I posted the callout in the first place. RF for trying to turn a bunch of experimental votes into a bandwagon. Nobody else on the same level as these two.

##vote Hal Incandeza

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

charms posted:

Hal's at the top of my list for ignoring my callout and not posting anything substantial, and for the reasons I posted the callout in the first place. RF for trying to turn a bunch of experimental votes into a bandwagon. Nobody else on the same level as these two.

##vote Hal Incandeza

I note that you chose to put a lone vote on Hal, rather than a third vote on RF, although you said you suspect both. Would you talk a little about your thought process behind that choice? Would you consider switching yur vote to your other top suspect to help get closer to an actual viable majority for a weekend deadline?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm around. I'm at work and today sucks.

I meant to ##vote Retro Futurist with my reads. I still feel it's counterproductive to dodge questions. 2 penny also dodged all but one of my questions while he was interrogating me

That's all I'm really basing my reads on right now.

charms posted:

##vote Hal Incandeza

Interesting

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Lumpen posted:

I note that you chose to put a lone vote on Hal, rather than a third vote on RF, although you said you suspect both. Would you talk a little about your thought process behind that choice? Would you consider switching yur vote to your other top suspect to help get closer to an actual viable majority for a weekend deadline?

It's because I have more reasons to suspect Hal than RF, and ideally I'd like to coax some answers out of them before switching.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think we are witnessing some scumbussing on this page

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tremble at the sheer power of the lone vote. Quiver in fear, Hal Incandescent, as your scumminess becomes apparent! Your only hope of salvation is admitting the truth of your alignment under the pressure of this, a solitary vote 24 hours before the deadline!

Ha ha ha ha ha

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

My phone signal loving sucks where I am right now

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

I think we are witnessing some scumbussing on this page

ETR used the phrase “townie slapfight” unironically so i would buy this

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Yeah my top three scum list is 2 penny, etr and charms

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

ETR used the phrase “townie slapfight” unironically so i would buy this

"townie slapfight" is a reliable metric to use though.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Hal's left the browser list :negative:

I'm still pushing Hal but nobody else is admitting any suspicion of them and my gambit is being no-sold. If I'm just wasting my vote...

##unvote
##vote Retro Futurist

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I still like my vote on Sal. I would also be willing to vote RF today. Third choice would be either B-minus (1/3 because he’s redoing his gimmick from Passive Mafia and I don’t buy it, 1/3 because it would be funny to reversal-of-fortune him, and 1/3 because his posts this game day have seemed snipey) or AA who’s both posted far less than usual and is giving me weird vibes with that flimsy case on me.

People I will not vote this game day unless things change drastically:

- Lumpen
- charms
- Mr. Humalong

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

As Lumpen pointed out, this is a Saturday evening/afternoon deadline depending on time zone in the US, so reaching consensus is imperative before deadline as I’m guessing it’s not gonna be a super active thread at hammer time.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

charms posted:

##vote Hal Incandeza

I will grant you I have not posted anything substantial, I have been pretty busy the last two days so I have just been popping in. As far as your callout, I assume you mean:

charms posted:

There might be something going on with the Content Game vs. Joke Phase factionalism. This post is suspicious:

It looks like you're showing up from out of nowhere to declare your allegiance to the Content Gamers by participating in the game and then hypothetically shooting a known Joke Phaser for arbitrary reasons.

My question is what exactly are you suspicious of? Like is there something wrong with being pro-content gamer and anti-sal?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Not Voting (5): charms, Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Humalong

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

We have about 1 day left.
Those who are not voting, why not? Would you please make your top three suspects and cast a vote?

I am not voting because I have yet to pay enough attention to have more than the "gut feel" I had on Sal earlier. I really don't even have a top 3 suspects yet! I have Sal, RF (the b- extra votes is mildly sus) and maybe you yourself Lumpen, but equally likely someone else once I actually think more about it later tonight.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m not a fan of this rf push. 2 penny is absolutely scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmm I think it's interesting that AA was bothered enough about getting some heat for explicitly saying that he was going to check out for 24 hours to check into the thread multiple times instead of actually checking out. He may be that third person on my list

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not a fan of this rf push. 2 penny is absolutely scum

Yeah looking at it I like your 2 penny case. How many votes were on you when RF added the extra vote?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
extravote1 2penny i agree that he has been scummy.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait it needs the #

##extravote1 2penny

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (4): Leith Maclaine, CapitalistPig, xiw, IllegallySober, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, Retro Futurist, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak
Retro Futurist (3): Lumpen, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, charms
2 penny bottle imp (2): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Mr. Steak
Leith Maclaine (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Eat The Rich (1): 2 penny bottle imp
hambeet (1): Anonymous
Lumpen (1): Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist
SalTheBard (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober
IllegallySober (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
CapitalistPig (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, b-minus1, b-minus1
charms (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Hal Incandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, charms, charms

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Humalong

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 20 hours, 48 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 7

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh shoot, my extravote1 was already on leith though, so i also find scummy, so instead i'll ##extravote2 leith

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh nvm it worked out lol. i guess amni sees extravote 1 and extravote 2 as interchangable if i only have one of em out

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

oh shoot, my extravote1 was already on leith though, who i also find scummy, so instead i'll ##extravote2 leith

mafia edit

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

is there something wrong with being pro-content gamer and anti-sal?

Specifically it was the way you did it. You suspected the same person that everyone else who took the Content Game seriously did, but gave as little explanation as possible. It's like you were trying to subtly slide yourself into that "faction".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

charms
Oct 14, 2012

The scum could exploit a rift like that by splitting their goons between both sides. Being associated with one of the sides would be read as more scummy further into the game, which takes some heat off the scum on the other side.