Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tashilicious posted:

I think current events of the past few months should answer this question handily.

Reminder that yogoblin, a known creepy and harrasser, was un-permabanned by Lowtax because he whinged to lowtax in discord. He was only recently re-permad after a long and drawn out argument about it.

He's modding lowtax's Youtube streams now

you can't make this poo poo up

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAROL
Oct 29, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
lmao I love these dumb lovely forums

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Rofl

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I don't know anything about Yobgoblin besides "posts word salad," but this sounds like a loving trip. Deets?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antivehicular posted:

I don't know anything about Yobgoblin besides "posts word salad," but this sounds like a loving trip. Deets?

he was a creep. Of the sex-pest kind.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Lmao. Lowtax constantly surrounding himself with garbage people is making me think he might be garbage too

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Antivehicular posted:

he's just an annoying loser. It's the only person i've ever had to ignore on steam because he'd send like 300 messages in a row within ten minutes during the night

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I'm not sure he is anymore.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well we can always trust the management of this site to {eventually, temporarily} do the right thing.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Paladinus posted:

I'm not sure he is anymore.

this is from last night

as a bonus, yobgoblin mocking someone else's drug use and weird internet habits is :ironicat: as gently caress

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Is this the dude who got probated like a day after his 100k probation expired

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

this is from last night

as a bonus, yobgoblin mocking someone else's drug use and weird internet habits is :ironicat: as gently caress

That is a lol.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

zakharov posted:

nah, yobgoblin posted a lot in byob when it reopened in 2013 or something like that, i think the 100k probe guy got out of kitty jail this january or right before new years

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

zakharov posted:

He got the 100k because nobody wanted him in the Imp Zone, and beelined for IZ when Lowtax unprobated him. Even trying to get in a tournament there and getting obsessed over the other participants.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

I mean, certainly yes, but the post they are responding to also explicitly genders her.

unless specifically said by the person I'm referring to, I try to stay gender neutral and not to take pronouns from 3rd parties.

which...is ironic since I was probably too credible about the OP's claims otherwise. In terms of sagas, I think they were probably referring to Jenner.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

DoctorWhat posted:

hey star i just want to let you know that as someone a little older than you who works, now, with people the age you were then, it is impossible for me to percieve those idiot teenagers as emotional peers, much less romantic or sexual interests. Call Now must have had some profound emotional stunting and/or no regard for the massive gap in emotional capacity to reciprocate.

Most of my interactions right now have been with people way older than me since I'm the youngest at work. The last time I ever interacted with someone like 16/17 was when I was revisitng my old high school teacher and sat in his room until the class was finished. And then I heard poo poo like "Imma nut all over this class" from them. :shrug:

Heath posted:

This is what I never got about the guys who creep on teenagers. Like how could you possibly connect with that person? The emotional and experiential rift between someone who is 17 and someone who is 28 is immense. And if you yourself are the older one, you must know that intuitively.

I would just like to reiterate it was 17 and 22. Me saying 28 is a "holy poo poo how much time has passed since then" moment.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, this is going to end poorly.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

What's the story with Jenner?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

professor metis posted:

What's the story with Jenner?

amazingly, there is nothing in the SAcylopedia.

basically, the original canary in a coalmine for the forums trans doxxing problem. she made a thread about getting harassed, was called crazy and overreacting by a bunch of people, and somehow Lowtax got the impression that she was actually permabanned poster stomper58 because he lacks object permanence, and permabanned her temporarily.

then, that weird thread Mumps linked, had the KF poster claiming that Jenner was secretly trying to get harrassed by going to KF or something, so she could "be a martyr".

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

amazingly, there is nothing in the SAcylopedia.

basically, the original canary in a coalmine for the forums trans doxxing problem. she made a thread about getting harassed, was called crazy and overreacting by a bunch of people, and somehow Lowtax got the impression that she was actually permabanned poster stomper58 because he lacks object permanence, and permabanned her temporarily.

then, that weird thread Mumps linked, had the KF poster claiming that Jenner was secretly trying to get harrassed by going to KF or something, so she could "be a martyr".

it's been a bit but if I remember correctly somewhere they made a post where they said/admitted they were that poster, although I'm pretty sure it was a joke that was immediately taken at face value.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

it's been a bit but if I remember correctly somewhere they made a post where they said/admitted they were that poster, although I'm pretty sure it was a joke that was immediately taken at face value.

yeah, it's in the thread I linked. it' s poorly worded, but I don't know how you can take it as anything other then a joke.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Famethrowa posted:

yeah, it's in the thread I linked. it' s poorly worded, but I don't know how you can take it as anything other then a joke.

it's impressive that I completely glazed over the relevant post, jesus christ

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Crocoswine posted:

it's impressive that I completely glazed over the relevant post, jesus christ

It's charming to immediately admit fault so don't sweat it. :downs:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Jenner is a real person and wasn't lying about their life at all, so... maybe don't listen to weird offsites.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

akadajet posted:

what a goon

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Pick posted:

Jenner is a real person and wasn't lying about their life at all, so... maybe don't listen to weird offsites.

Yeah that's why I was confused lol. I still don't think I fully understand but things on this website can be a very confusing game of telephone sometimes.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
This is a wall of text so I'll include the key parts.

Piece of poo poo weak willed goon is bullied into marriage, has a pie in the sky fantasy about an old female friend and decides he's in love with both, somehow cheating on/betraying both and at a loss for what to do

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760159&userid=146071

Jan 14 2016

quote:

I knew I loved her, but I always had an idea in my head that we would date for 2 or 3 years before I’d really feel comfortable considering popping the question. The next month, my brother proposed to his fiancee, which quickly brought up a serious discussion that weekend of when I would consider doing the same. I told her where I saw things going for us, but she seemed impatient with my answer, and quickly told me that she didn’t want to be unmarried before she turned 30. She then pretty much point-blank asked me if I was going to make that happen, and without a lot of further contemplation, I took her hand and promised that we would be married before she turned 30, the end of 2016. I loved her and even though I had some doubts, who doesn't? The decision was made, right then and there

I consider myself to be a pretty strong willed guy, but if anyone had to pick they’d say Daisy wears the pants in the relationship. She’s is very assertive and independent, and while that’s one of the qualities that was attractive to me, approaching two years the downsides of that are starting to grind on me. She can be, how do you say, not very nice in a lot of circumstances, and she would admit this too. She is very direct with how she feels, and if you waste her time or annoy her in any way she’ll let you know. She’s a perfectionist and if things aren’t done her way, a lot of the times they’re not done at all. Don’t get me wrong, she can be very sweet and kind as well, but this leads me to a situation where I feel like I’m walking on eggshells a lot, where if I say the wrong thing she turns from sweet and happy to sullen.

There are a lot of situations where I become uncomfortable talking with her because I’m afraid if I screw something up, “harsh” her will come out and ruin the mood, leading to a lot of uncomfortable silence. But she's never been abusive to me, and I do believe that she is a genuinely good person, which makes my decision all the more difficult.

Mar 7 2016

quote:

Going to counseling, things are much better, still getting married, maybe still an idiot, I don't know!

Oct 12 2016

quote:

Hey it's me, the OP. I bailed on the thread because after counseling and time, I though I had things figured out and was secure enough in my relationship to move forward. But now I'm 3 days away from getting married, and things are even more hosed up than before if that's possible.

A month or so ago, my former best friend and kind-of ex reached out to me out of the blue. My relationship with her probably could take up a thread in its own right, but many years ago we became friends when we were working at circuit city (like I said, it was a long time ago). Tanya as I'll call her was just an awesome chick, and I liked her from the beginning. She's beautiful, quirky, nerdy, has an adventurous spirit, basically all the things I'd never known I'd wanted in a woman in my young and naive view of dating at the time.

I made things worse last night, because I met up with Tanya one last time before I went away for my new life, and it was amazing. We talked and talked, some about just fun stuff and some about our relationship. Then we hugged, and held each other for a long time. And then we kissed, because there's still something there between us, some unfinished love. I felt like a horrible person, because even though that's where it ended we both wanted more, and I'm basically cheating on my fiancée, emotionally if nothing else. But in a way I feel like I've been cheating on Tanya this whole time too, because I left our relationship without a resolution, and went with the first person I found online because I was lonely, and now im marrying her. She kept asking me why I couldn't wait, and I wish that I had held out a little longer. It's like we had something, but the stars didn't align and we missed each other. I'm at the point where I could tear myself in two just to give myself to each of them. And suddenly I realized a terrible thing; I was in love with two women, but I was about to marry one and leave the other one heartbroken.

edit: I'm working my way through all 900 pages of the old thread for any gems and like every 10 pages the thread is a bunch of slap fights over the mods, lowtax, and lovely posters either not being banned or being banned. It's like Schrodingers' Thread where it the posts are existing simultaneously in 2017 and 2019 and you can't tell which year it is until you look at them.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Jan 25, 2020

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Pick posted:

no one is.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Not a 'saga,' per se, but I fondly remember a massive thread where we all did mspaint versions of rooms in a spaceship (or on a planet or something) and someone combined them altogether into one massive picture.

Those were the halcyon days :allears:

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
jenner seems like a really nice person ooc and she took one for the team that time by channelling all of kiwifarms' malevolent energy onto herself, diverting it from more vulnerable targets

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

Chewbecca posted:

Not a 'saga,' per se, but I fondly remember a massive thread where we all did mspaint versions of rooms in a spaceship (or on a planet or something) and someone combined them altogether into one massive picture.

Those were the halcyon days :allears:

Goon Tower?

https://web.archive.org/web/20120326101451/http://www.goontower.com/

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

there was also a goon base

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
And I think a goon train too?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tenkaris posted:

And I think a goon train too?

That's...that's something different

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

purple death ray posted:

That's...that's something different

Well I saw that coming :gooncamp:

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

LingcodKilla posted:

wait....

all vegetables?

I went looking for the posts again to laugh at them and I realized they were in the last iteration of the thread, but yes I guess all vegetables... and fruit too

"Count Chocula posted:

Again, my philosophy is logically consistent: don’t have kids or your perpetuating the endless cycle of death and suffering. End all life, end all death and suffering. People say I shouldn’t date, I should be alone forever for what I believe. Fine. But i’m also not supposed to spread my unique ideas to the world? To put out something that people haven’t heard before?

I dunno, I like kissing, I was exposed to it early. But like fruits and vegetables, I never ate pussy, so it’s just gross.

Here’s the facts: I have a social life now. I’m doing well on online dating. I’ve attracted women in the past by doing very little (I have no idea why). I’m gonna start meeting people and trying for something, even it’s just kissing a girl in a bar (which would be momentous, given how things are, to quote a super creepy singer). Link me some basic sex tips or something so i’m decent enough for people to stick around. I’m 34, I ain’t gonna change into a sex god or anything, I just want people not to leave.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Who could have imagined the man with the motivations of a Final Fantasy villain wouldn't eat pussy.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tenkaris posted:

Well I saw that coming :gooncamp:

yeah I'll bet you did :forkbomb:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Nuns with Guns posted:

I went looking for the posts again to laugh at them and I realized they were in the last iteration of the thread, but yes I guess all vegetables... and fruit too

That's rough cos my first bit of sex advice would be try going down. Actually it would be have a shower first but.. well, Goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Shoehead posted:

That's rough cos my first bit of sex advice would be try going down. Actually it would be have a shower first but.. well, Goons.

Maybe he could eat some yonic fruit first to build up a tolerance? (To fruit and vag)