Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh ok well that wasn't what I was doing but I totally like the way you got there and I would definitely not vote for you today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I also don't think steak's ability is a town ability and I think disclosing it is away to get around the awkwardness of being scum out in the open, again.

"But guys, I told you I can vote 3 people at once or stack votes! It's totally a good thing!"

Not too much worse than random vigs going off, but I don't see that as a town move, and going back to the very very initial point.

yeah that's an awkward sober call out even in the skin of a joke

AA’s only content this game and it was built on not reading the OP where it’s stated the roles were designed before assigning alignment.

Everything else is him getting sassy about being called out for lurking or talking about Doug Mafia.

##vote AA feels like a good vote right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mr. Humalong posted:

AA’s only content this game and it was built on not reading the OP where it’s stated the roles were designed before assigning alignment.

Everything else is him getting sassy about being called out for lurking or talking about Doug Mafia.

##vote AA feels like a good vote right now.

That's a good case, but it's not right, unfortunately. Also it wasn't just Doug Mafia, I had a consecutive close SK win in a Toalpaz game right after Doug... My heart is breaking from these losses. Why must everyone drag up my failures!

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'm right now keeping my vote on b- since there still hasn't been an explanation as to what his charge up power actually does. He confirmed the power exists to scum, so why not share the results.....

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm right now keeping my vote on b- since there still hasn't been an explanation as to what his charge up power actually does. He confirmed the power exists to scum, so why not share the results.....

What does this mean?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Why else would he ask for 5 votes? He told everyone (including scum) that he has some role that requires power ups, but not what that role is.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

Why else would he ask for 5 votes? He told everyone (including scum) that he has some role that requires power ups, but not what that role is.

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

This is a diiiiiiirrty post. You know more than you are letting on.

##vote Leith

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

##vote Leith

Why wouldn't he tell town if he wasn't scum? I don't know poo poo which is why I am asking. I think we found a scumbro.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
What the gently caress is going on in this game? I feel like we have 5 Lumpens playing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m pretty sure we have some votes on scum because things are really quiet right now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I’m pretty sure we have some votes on scum because things are really quiet right now

Isn't it usually the opposite?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

They are probably lurking since noone is borderline yet.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

:discourse:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

##vote Leith

I’m not following this argument at all. Can you restate?

In an unrelated note, I just woke up and haven’t had coffee yet so I’m going to take care of that too.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

In an unrelated note, I just woke up and haven’t had coffee yet so I’m going to take care of that too.

I know you aren't asking me, but it's a really bad argument that Penny is trying to make. That is all I will say.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote Leith

weak

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I know you aren't asking me, but it's a really bad argument that Penny is trying to make. That is all I will say.

you really enjoy answering for other people this game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

need amnistar to post 6 more times so we can kill off 4 lurkers

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

b-minus1 (4): Leith Maclaine, CapitalistPig, xiw, IllegallySober, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, Retro Futurist, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak
Retro Futurist (3): Lumpen, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, charms
Leith Maclaine (2): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. Steak
2 penny bottle imp (2): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Mr. Steak
hambeet (1): Anonymous
Lumpen (1): Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist
SalTheBard (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Mr. Humalong
IllegallySober (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
CapitalistPig (0): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, b-minus1, b-minus1
Eat The Rich (0): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
charms (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Hal Incandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, charms, charms

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, hambeet

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 5 hours, 59 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 7

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

you really enjoy answering for other people this game

Nobody is asking me questions :( Plus the bullshit content game answers don't really count since I wasn't the only one jumping in.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Humalong posted:

need amnistar to post 6 more times so we can kill off 4 lurkers

Leith Maclaine posted:

Leith Maclaine posted:

In todays showcase of bad posts. These ones!

##vote leith

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Nobody is asking me questions :( Plus the bullshit content game answers don't really count since I wasn't the only one jumping in.

Who are your top 3 picks for a vote today?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

In todays showcase of bad posts. These ones!

##vote leith

weak

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Is this going to be one of those games where we all forget how jokes work and take everything literally?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

Is this going to be one of those games where we all forget how jokes work and take everything literally?

lumpen is in the game, yes

until scum most likely NK him

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

this is a very slow game, steak and beet have not managed 100 posts each in the first game day

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Leith Maclaine posted:

Hrmmm, Vig question:

Who would I Vig, AA because AA as scum is really drat good. And don't get me started with how good he is as a 3rd party. Eat the Rich statement about needing to pad their post count looks like someone to trying to obfuscate so it is looking scummy also.

Who would I give a Vig too, Lumped because right now they seem to be trying hard to get people to give content.

This is very much a scum post, however. Calls AA a good scum player then doubles down to butter him up in his SK play. Tries to cast shade on a new player for making a joke. Then ends by giving Lumpen their tacit approval. Disgusting.

##vote leith

would also still vote AA today

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Humalong posted:

lumpen is in the game, yes

until scum most likely NK him

You seem awfully sure he’s town

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lumpen - Generating "content" but really its just white noise

2 Penny - This post is pretty scummy or just willful ignorance, I can't decided which is which

##vote Leith

IllegallySober - Purely OMGUS reasons

Who would I not vote for today - Steak. This feels like very town Steak to me and I would be suss on anyone pushing him at this point.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Retro Futurist posted:

You seem awfully sure he’s town

We’ll know by day 3

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

No I don’t think anyone has run that type of game yet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Nthing that 2 penny post is bad logic

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

this is a very slow game, steak and beet have not managed 100 posts each in the first game day

That is a good point. Hmmm

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

##vote Leith

So wanting someone to give information to town, and pointing out that they are not doing that, means that I know they are town??????? This makes no sense at all. Yes, I am still going to push b- to give information to town but you are specifically casting shade on me for wanting more information to be public. That is specifically scummy.

##vote 2 penny

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Normally I would agree with the 2 penny case but I find 2 of the 3 votes on them suspect

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I would vote 2 penny if it was that or a no axe though

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Alright so leith and penny aren’t scumbos together.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

I want 2 penny to explain what the hell this post was after. Maybe an additional vote will convince them.

##vote 2 penny

My preference for top three votes remains the same but the silence is deafening here.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

##vote Leith

To be clear, I quoted my own post but it was in response to this post by $0.02.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

I want 2 penny to explain what the hell this post was after. Maybe an additional vote will convince them.

##vote 2 penny

My preference for top three votes remains the same but the silence is deafening here.

Basically, Leith voted b- without calling him scummy. The way I read it, Leith voted b- because he gave free info to the thread, and by exyension, gave it to scum, but didnt give 100% of the info to scum.

Buuuut if true that just means b- is foolish town, not scum. Scum dont "share info with scum" in thread, as Leith claims:

Leith Maclaine posted:

It could even be a scumslip - Leith *knows* b- isnt scum, and therefore Leith sharing info with the thread shares it with scum.

But if b- were scum, sharing info happens in scumchat.

In short: notice that Leith doesnt call b- scum in that post, but votes anyway.