Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER

Leith Maclaine posted:

So wanting someone to give information to town, and pointing out that they are not doing that, means that I know they are town??????? This makes no sense at all. Yes, I am still going to push b- to give information to town but you are specifically casting shade on me for wanting more information to be public. That is specifically scummy.

##vote 2 penny

You are here simultaneously (a) calling b- anti-town [but NOT scummy] for sharing some info about their power, and (b) calling me scummy by accusing me of wanting power info not to be claimed in thread.

Do you see the contradiction?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

2 penny bottle imp posted:

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

This is a diiiiiiirrty post. You know more than you are letting on.

##vote Leith

If Leith was scum, he would know who is scummates are.

##vote 2 penny

Also b-, what the heck is your power

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

"townie slapfight" is a reliable metric to use though.

especially when it’s involving you?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

Basically, Leith voted b- without calling him scummy. The way I read it, Leith voted b- because he gave free info to the thread, and by exyension, gave it to scum, but didnt give 100% of the info to scum.

Buuuut if true that just means b- is foolish town, not scum. Scum dont "share info with scum" in thread, as Leith claims:

It could even be a scumslip - Leith *knows* b- isnt scum, and therefore Leith sharing info with the thread shares it with scum.

But if b- were scum, sharing info happens in scumchat.

In short: notice that Leith doesnt call b- scum in that post, but votes anyway.

I voted B- because he asked for it.

I did not unvote B because he had not said what the vote got him.

B's quote was that he was now more powerful than we could imagine (yes, star wars quote I know)

so 3P is also a possibility but I don't know why a town person with a confirmed role would not share the results with town.

Not wanting information to be out is scummy.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Yes you are.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Buuuut if true that just means b- is foolish town, not scum. Scum dont "share info with scum" in thread, as Leith claims:

It could even be a scumslip - Leith *knows* b- isnt scum, and therefore Leith sharing info with the thread shares it with scum.

But if b- were scum, sharing info happens in scumchat.

I have many questions about your post here but let’s start with the two lines I bolded: you state scum don’t share info with scum in thread, and then state that Leith (who you believe to be scum as evidenced by you voting for them) sharing info with the thread shares it with scum??

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Eat The Rich posted:

If Leith was scum, he would know who is scummates are.

Ya. That's exactly what Im saying. Im saying Leith knows who scum is and that it aint b-.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

You are here simultaneously (a) calling b- anti-town [but NOT scummy] for sharing some info about their power, and (b) calling me scummy by accusing me of wanting power info not to be claimed in thread.

Do you see the contradiction?

No, I am calling b- anti-town for not sharing the results of his power to benefit all of town.I can see an advantage of keeping a power secret so a player can not be targeted for NK but that advantage goes down greatly once it is know a player has a power instead of being vanilla. It is probably an investigative since it had a charge up requirement but that is me purely guessing, so I would like to know the results of the investigation.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

B's quote was that he was now more powerful than we could imagine (yes, star wars quote I know)

so 3P is also a possibility but I don't know why a town person with a confirmed role would not share the results with town.

This is why the pushback on content games bother me.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

No, I am calling b- anti-town for not sharing the results of his power to benefit all of town.I can see an advantage of keeping a power secret so a player can not be targeted for NK but that advantage goes down greatly once it is know a player has a power instead of being vanilla. It is probably an investigative since it had a charge up requirement but that is me purely guessing, so I would like to know the results of the investigation.

Please clarify what you are again inferring above: are you implying that the info shared helped scum? Because that's how I read the below:

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm right now keeping my vote on b- since there still hasn't been an explanation as to what his charge up power actually does. He confirmed the power exists to scum, so why not share the results.....

If I am correct on my interpretation, you are saying that the shared info was new info to scum. Meaning you dont think b- is scum. Meaning you shouldnt have voted him.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Please clarify what you are again inferring above: are you implying that the info shared helped scum? Because that's how I read the below:

If I am correct on my interpretation, you are saying that the shared info was new info to scum. Meaning you dont think b- is scum. Meaning you shouldnt have voted him.

I voted for him because he asked for it. I said I was not going to move my vote off of him until I found out the results. I do not know if he is scum or not. I do know that he has information that he is not sharing.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Etr and penny are scum lol

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

I voted for him because he asked for it. I said I was not going to move my vote off of him until I found out the results. I do not know if he is scum or not. I do know that he has information that he is not sharing.

Okay I now understand where you are coming from, thabk you for clarifying. But I think voting someone as blackmail if you think they are scum is suspect.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Okay I now understand where you are coming from, thank you for clarifying. But I think voting someone as blackmail if you dont think they are scum is suspect.

mafia edit

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Every post made by 2penny paints them scummier and scummier.

oof.

##vote 2penny

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Every post made by 2penny paints them scummier and scummier.

oof.

##vote 2penny

So we're all good with someone voting a suspected town player in order to blackmail them? coo coo cool

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

So we're all good with someone voting a suspected town player in order to blackmail them? coo coo cool

No, we are all good voting for an unknown town player to apply pressure on them to gain information. You are being too sure that they are town in their defense.

There is this game called mafia about social manipulation and deduction. You may have heard of it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

No, we are all good voting for an unknown town player to apply pressure on them to gain information. You are being too sure that they are town in their defense.

There is this game called mafia about social manipulation and deduction. You may have heard of it.

Mafia edit

No, we are all good voting for an unknown player to apply pressure on them to gain information. You are being too sure that they are town in their defense.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

charms posted:

It's because I have more reasons to suspect Hal than RF, and ideally I'd like to coax some answers out of them before switching.

charms posted:

Hal's left the browser list :negative:

I'm still pushing Hal but nobody else is admitting any suspicion of them and my gambit is being no-sold. If I'm just wasting my vote...

##unvote
##vote Retro Futurist

You uhh, didn’t keep the pressure on all that long here charms

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IllegallySober posted:

I still like my vote on Sal. I would also be willing to vote RF today. Third choice would be either B-minus (1/3 because he’s redoing his gimmick from Passive Mafia and I don’t buy it, 1/3 because it would be funny to reversal-of-fortune him, and 1/3 because his posts this game day have seemed snipey) or AA who’s both posted far less than usual and is giving me weird vibes with that flimsy case on me.

People I will not vote this game day unless things change drastically:

- Lumpen
- charms
- Mr. Humalong

why not charms or huma?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm right now keeping my vote on b- since there still hasn't been an explanation as to what his charge up power actually does. He confirmed the power exists to scum, so why not share the results.....

or it could just be a gambit to see who was and was not afraid to vote him?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

This is a diiiiiiirrty post. You know more than you are letting on.

##vote Leith

I don’t know how you’re getting from A to B here.

are you saying leith is contradicting the self between their justification and their vote?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote 2penny
##unvote leith
##vote cpig

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Nobody is asking me questions :( Plus the bullshit content game answers don't really count since I wasn't the only one jumping in.

ask yourself a question about a player and then post about it.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Steak posted:

##unvote 2penny
##unvote leith
##vote cpig

This is bad. Leith is prolly town

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hey what if b- was playing his own content game and the votes didn’t mean anything at all oooooh spooky

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

hambeet posted:

I don’t know how you’re getting from A to B here.

are you saying leith is contradicting the self between their justification and their vote?

Yes.

From the beginning I never read that post from leith [i have quoted a couple times] as saying b- is scummy. To me it implicitly stated that b- was NOT scum, because Leith saif that he thought b- was sharing info with scum by posting abt the power. Meaning it implied to me that Leith thought b- was town.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

This is bad. Leith is prolly town

Good that steak unvoted Leith in that post then?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This is def a scumalong game unfortunately

##vote hum

Phone it in folks

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Good that steak unvoted Leith in that post then?

Ah I misread that thanks

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

##unvote 2penny
##unvote leith
##vote cpig

this deadline discourse is reeking to me of an aloof scumteam having fun while town picks between two town options (2penny and leith). the reason i think this is very few people are actually posting useful content outside of those 2. if scum were in danger of death, other scums would be at least making an attempt to generate fake content either for or against their bud. but what im seeing here is a town (in the general sense of "all players") who is fairly apathetic toward the lunch. on d1 that's normal, but if it was scum about to be lunched, we'd be seeing more investment in the lunch. ergo, 2penny and leith are town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Steak posted:

this deadline discourse is reeking to me of an aloof scumteam having fun while town picks between two town options (2penny and leith). the reason i think this is very few people are actually posting useful content outside of those 2. if scum were in danger of death, other scums would be at least making an attempt to generate fake content either for or against their bud. but what im seeing here is a town (in the general sense of "all players") who is fairly apathetic toward the lunch. on d1 that's normal, but if it was scum about to be lunched, we'd be seeing more investment in the lunch. ergo, 2penny and leith are town

Except leith has never been in any real danger of being lunched.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Mr. Steak posted:

This may be the smartest thing I have ever seen Steak say.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think we all agree that etr is scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##extravote eat the rich

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont even have to pick! lmao

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

This is why the pushback on content games bother me.

My pushback on content game is that is twofold:

1) It allows scum players to hide. For example, in this argument I'm scum. Nobody has asked me questions, thus I can just sort of skate through without providing actual content.

2) If Lumpen is scum, it allows him the ability to endlessly post questions to other players without having to defend his own opinions.

Content game on later days is fine, however content game on D1 (especially like an hour into the game being open) is dumb.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

2 penny bottle imp (5): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Leith Maclaine, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, CapitalistPig
b-minus1 (2): Leith Maclaine, CapitalistPig, xiw, IllegallySober, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, Retro Futurist, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, CapitalistPig, Leith Maclaine
Leith Maclaine (2): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, 2 penny bottle imp, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig
Retro Futurist (2): Lumpen, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, charms, Eat The Rich
CapitalistPig (1): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, b-minus1, b-minus1, Mr. Steak
hambeet (1): Anonymous
Lumpen (1): Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist
Mr. Humalong (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Eat The Rich (0): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp
charms (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Hal Incandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, charms, charms
IllegallySober (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (2): Hal Incandenza, hambeet

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 hours, 44 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 7

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SalTheBard posted:

My pushback on content game is that is twofold:

1) It allows scum players to hide. For example, in this argument I'm scum. Nobody has asked me questions, thus I can just sort of skate through without providing actual content.

2) If Lumpen is scum, it allows him the ability to endlessly post questions to other players without having to defend his own opinions.

Content game on later days is fine, however content game on D1 (especially like an hour into the game being open) is dumb.

i agree with all of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Leith Maclaine posted:

what role is confirmed?