Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Baker posted:

I am basking in Keith Lee's glory.

don't let adam know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wait, Britt Baker is Adam Cole's girlfriend? How was I supposed to know that!?!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Is Britt taller than Adam Cole because he comes across on TV as incredibly small, like below Rey in height.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Td2CTuiVY

King Of Coons
May 5, 2006
Keith Lee winning is great! When does his feud with Walter start?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Is Britt taller than Adam Cole because he comes across on TV as incredibly small, like below Rey in height.
He's like 5'9 which isn't that short really

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

achillesforever6 posted:

Not even close

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

It's weird that Vince focused on football side projects instead of basketball, since being tall and ripped is way more important in basketball, and he's denied us a Slamball reboot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Somehow I don't imagine the NBA appeals to Vince.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yea, using NBA guys is a WCW idea.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Confirmed

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Rarity posted:

Not even close
Eh when I met him at a ROH show we were about the same height and I'm 5 9

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I really like a lot of the wrestlers in NXT and NXT UK but I really struggle to care about anything that happens on either show.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Seams posted:

I really like a lot of the wrestlers in NXT and NXT UK but I really struggle to care about anything that happens on either show.

Agreed. They are going to flounder on the main roster eventually, or stuck in NXT purgatory like the kid that graduated high school but still keeps coming back to visit.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Psychepath posted:

It's weird that Vince focused on football side projects instead of basketball, since being tall and ripped is way more important in basketball, and he's denied us a Slamball reboot.

I'm surprised he hasn't done Monster Trucks because they're a major arena attractions that don't have unionized employees.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Io tweeted a picture of a heavy duty knee brace. So chalk up another knee injury to the PC and their leg smashing hammers

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Io tweeted a picture of a heavy duty knee brace. So chalk up another knee injury to the PC and their leg smashing hammers

Don't think it had to do with the PC. It had to do with Toni Storm botching her suicide dive to the outside and landing right on Io's knee.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Beginning to think all those grumpy old-timer wrestlers are right about dives

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Io tweeted a picture of a heavy duty knee brace. So chalk up another knee injury

Yep

https://twitter.com/rondarouseyszn/status/1221183497915850752

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It looks like a fairly standard dive to me, that she got injured by it sucks but this looks more like one of those unfortunate accidents where things just go wrong rather than something being hosed up by one person in particular.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Don't think it had to do with the PC. It had to do with Toni Storm botching her suicide dive to the outside and landing right on Io's knee.

I knew exactly what your post would be you are loving it

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Filthy baka gaijin!!! HANDS OFF MY WAIFU!!! (snarls, growls)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The botch there is Io's.

Receiver makes a suicide dive safe.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

It looks like a fairly standard dive to me, that she got injured by it sucks but this looks more like one of those unfortunate accidents where things just go wrong rather than something being hosed up by one person in particular.

Yeah there wasn't a botch there. Just an accident.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

this looks rad, not going to lie

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1221258378980265985?s=21

Wolfe commented that he’s OK, thankfully. still hoping they keep him out of action for a bit.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...edited because my phone double posted

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...also edited because I somehow posted this three times, wow, one for each surviving member of Imperium.

That match ripped 3x harder than expected though so it works.

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 26, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I know it was no surprise to anybody, but man Worlds Collide was a good show.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Never noticed it until the show, but Balor says "Yep" on nearly every strike he does.

also Marcel made Adam Cole look like more of a child than WALTER which is pretty impressive

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I know it was no surprise to anybody, but man Worlds Collide was a good show.

I can't wait to watch it :allears:

Not watching Rumble til next Saturday so I'll be away from Rowdy Ringsports until then :saddowns:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Uhhhh is it just me or is the mixing on World's Collide absolutely awful? I can't hear any of the commentary over the music

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

worlds collide felt like the best totally inconsequential show i'll ever watch. there was nothing bad on the show, but i think i had issues with most every match on the card.
finn/ilja felt like they weren't entirely on the same page and even when they were i wasn't sure why i should give a poo poo about ilja. diy/moustache mountain was a great 12 minute match that took 22 minutes to execute. the cruiserweight 4-way was the definition of flippy poo poo with little behind it, which was very impressive and i was engaged the whole way but i didn't much care for the way it ended. toni/rhea felt like its brief length was 50% rest holds and then what was there... eh. could take it or leave it.
expectations are a hell of a thing, i was hoping to be absolutely blown away by a few of those matches but the main event was the only thing i didn't really have anything to say about other than stuff that was out of anyone's control. they did the right thing in taking wolfe out and it didn't really appear to hurt the match at all. walter kicks so much rear end it's unbelievable.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Match of the night for me was DIY/Mustache Mountain.

As many people in the live thread pointed out, the match was oozing a ton of personality from start to finish

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’m mixed on that main event.

Beginning was slow as gently caress. It picks up at the time where Strong is getting his fury of offense on Walter and gets good. But that finish was something else.

So they all start lining up for the spot where they dive out of the ring to catch each other. With 2 Imperium and 2 TUE members in the ring, with TUE having a 4 on 3 advantage... Strong loving dives out of the ring to take out his own guy and make it 2 on 1 in the ring with Walter as the legal man. Then another Imperium guy dives and takes out everyone with a 2 on 1 with everyone down.

Like... it makes Strong loo like such an idiot, and the finish of the match is based on a stupid wrestling trope that people are becoming more critical of.

They could of had people take turns eating finishers and rolling out of the ring and it would have looked much better.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Match of the night for me was DIY/Mustache Mountain.

As many people in the live thread pointed out, the match was oozing a ton of personality from start to finish

I'm watching it now, it's so so good

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
If they're gonna keep pushing ripley hard she needs a better finisher.

DIY/Moustache Mountain was super fun

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

sleepwalkers posted:

worlds collide felt like the best totally inconsequential show i'll ever watch. there was nothing bad on the show, but i think i had issues with most every match on the card.
finn/ilja felt like they weren't entirely on the same page and even when they were i wasn't sure why i should give a poo poo about ilja. diy/moustache mountain was a great 12 minute match that took 22 minutes to execute. the cruiserweight 4-way was the definition of flippy poo poo with little behind it, which was very impressive and i was engaged the whole way but i didn't much care for the way it ended. toni/rhea felt like its brief length was 50% rest holds and then what was there... eh. could take it or leave it.
expectations are a hell of a thing, i was hoping to be absolutely blown away by a few of those matches but the main event was the only thing i didn't really have anything to say about other than stuff that was out of anyone's control. they did the right thing in taking wolfe out and it didn't really appear to hurt the match at all. walter kicks so much rear end it's unbelievable.
More than ever it felt like a WWE version of a PWG show for good and bad

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Low Desert Punk posted:

Pete dunne is the most overrated wrestler in the business

He's pretty good. But if anyone thinks he's better than Tyler Bate they're loving insane - a great babyface is worth many times more than a good heel/alright face.

I just wish most company's commentary teams would be loving clued in that outside of lucha underground it's not a finger or arm break spot, it's a finger or arm snap. And small joint manipulation should be illegal. Heels can't be heels in modern WWE, it's sad. The only cheating they can do is that kind that's obnoxious heat, the little things are all legal now!

KungFu Grip posted:

World Collide is the next "Takeover" not Takeover Portland
NXT Cruiserweight title: Angel Garza vs. Swerve Strickland vs two NXT UK guys that''ll be announced on NXT UK this week probably (in matches)

Super late to the party, but man why do cruiserweight spots get worse with physics? They did one person doing a spanish fly to two other men. And Devlin side breaks physics too much for me not to just be filled with disbelief. Worse than the canadian destroyer.

achillesforever6 posted:

For everyday life it wouldn't matter, but WWE is the land of the giants. Put him next to Drew McIntyre and he will look absolutely pathetically tiny.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Drew McIntyre makes big people look tiny, so that's nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Adam Cole is 5'7¼" in regular shoes. not sure about boots