Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

They totally did it. Harry and Meghan found out about it and that's why they peaced the gently caress out to Canada and the Queen basically gave them everything they were asking for even though by accounts she was furious about it.

I didn’t even think about that, drat. I was basing it off of the way Spacey’s creepy Christmas video ended with him conspicuously holding up a mug with a picture of Buckingham Palace on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I will never not promote this batshit awesome series https://www.amazon.com/Scarecrow-Schofield-Thriller-Matthew-Reilly-ebook/dp/B000FC1BQU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Anaconda is getting rebooted. Or at least a reboot script. No word yet on if it's got buns or if we don't want none.

quote:

Sony's Columbia Pictures is developing an all-new and all-modern take on the cult movie, hiring Evan Daugherty, who has worked on such tentpoles as Tomb Raider and Snow White and the Huntsman, to pen the script.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/anaconda-reboot-works-snow-white-huntsman-writer-1272672

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Jon Voigt: “I didn’t expect the anaconda to eat *my* face!!!”

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

AceOfFlames posted:

I'd greenlight this sitcom.

Why settle for sitcom? Make it a dark remake of It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

ChickenMedium posted:

They totally did it. Harry and Meghan found out about it and that's why they peaced the gently caress out to Canada and the Queen basically gave them everything they were asking for even though by accounts she was furious about it.
Wasn’t that more about the racism

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

FlamingLiberal posted:

No, Harry was exiled by William because harry married a woman better than his in every way and reminded will about how he used to be the good looking one.

Plus as the little brother, Harry used their mother to bully Will.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Alan Smithee posted:

Jon Voigt: “I didn’t expect the anaconda to eat *my* face!!!”

The rebootconda should totally still spit out winking Jon Voigts and they should never explain it in-universe

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Anaconda counts as a cult movie now?

Why not remake Sssssss or something?

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 25, 2020

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
More like Blandaconda am i rite folks?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Tars Tarkas posted:

The rebootconda should totally still spit out winking Jon Voigts and they should never explain it in-universe

I mean the cast and crew couldn't explain it either, he was never on the call sheet

Beachcomber posted:

Anaconda counts as a cult movie now?

Why not remake Sssssss or something?

drat this poster art rules

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Anaconda is getting rebooted. Or at least a reboot script. No word yet on if it's got buns or if we don't want none.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/anaconda-reboot-works-snow-white-huntsman-writer-1272672

Is this a remake of the Jennifer Lopez movie or the Nicki Minaj music video?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1220870774015197184?s=20

I can't imagine why

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Wtf Howard is cool

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

got any sevens posted:

Wtf Howard is cool

I'm wondering if Disney is worried consumers will conflate an adult cartoon featuring a duck with their DuckTales reboot (which is excellent).

It's the bat embargo all over again.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Tars Tarkas posted:

Hopefully it don't want none unless you got buns, hun

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah, the press here have been massively racist towards her. I imagine the royals themselves are most likely horrendously racist, Philip and the Duke & Dutchess of Kent certainly are. Add to that William having an affair that legally cannot be reported here because of an injunction, and him apparently feeding Harry's missus to the press as a distraction from that.

Oh, and the family shielding Nonce Andrew probably didn't go over well either.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/LocalSoundwave/status/1220829488822571008

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Beachcomber posted:

I'm wondering if Disney is worried consumers will conflate an adult cartoon featuring a duck with their DuckTales reboot (which is excellent).

It's the bat embargo all over again.

I wonder how Duckman got away with it

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

got any sevens posted:

Wtf Howard is cool

Yeah but without Steve Gerber is there a point?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

got any sevens posted:

I wonder how Duckman got away with it

Being only vaguely similar, probably, and during the period Donald Duck was pretty out of focus. Like the only relevant things with him before new Ducktales is maybe Kingdom Hearts.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Perhaps you've heard of The Mighty Ducks???

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

GrandpaPants posted:

Perhaps you've heard of The Mighty Ducks???

Oh buddy, have I. (I was a huge fan as a kid and also know it has nothing to do with Donald Duck)

Hell, Donald was only in like two episodes of the original DuckTales. Apparently Disney was worried that kids couldn't understand him and that he'd overshadow the rest of the characters.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Wendy
Beasts of the Southern Wild director Benh Zeitlin finally returns with his sophomore feature, an adaptation of Peter Pan told through the eyes of Wendy Darling. It looks to have that vibrant, pulsating energy and style that made his first film so special and memorable.

Isn’t Peter Pan already told through the eyes of Wendy Darling? She’s the audience-surrogate character. A recontextualisation of the story could be cool, but that’s an odd way to put it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah but without Steve Gerber is there a point?

Chip Zdarsky's run was amazing, use that. Especially if there's a cameo of Squirrel Girl in there.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

The MSJ posted:

Jumbo
Noémie Merlant, star of Portrait of a Lady on Fire, plays a shy amusement park worker who one day decides she’s in love with a Tilt-A-Whirl. Like, actual, passionate love. With a ride. She names it Jumbo.

Y'know what? Portrait was so good there's a chance this relationship is believable.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

One of the few Disney animated movies where a live action remake makes sense. The original movie was meant to show woodland animals in their natural habitat (as interpreted by people who didn't know very much about ecology or animal behavior).

Comrade Fakename posted:

Isn’t Peter Pan already told through the eyes of Wendy Darling? She’s the audience-surrogate character. A recontextualisation of the story could be cool, but that’s an odd way to put it.

That's certainly the case for the Disney movie.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Comrade Fakename posted:

I saw the trailer and the more notable feature seems to be that it looks like it's going for magical realism more than anything else.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

pospysyl posted:

One of the few Disney animated movies where a live action remake makes sense. The original movie was meant to show woodland animals in their natural habitat (as interpreted by people who didn't know very much about ecology or animal behavior)..

I could get behind reimagining Bambi as a nature documentary, narrated by Sir Richard Attenborough.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Let's go full horrific and have Rob Zombie direct it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SimonCat posted:

Let's go full horrific and have Rob Zombie direct it.

He'd do better with Pinocchio

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Live action Bambi and all animals are photorealistic except Thumper who is a deranged looking cartoon rabbit for reasons never explained

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Disney making soulless """""live action""""" remakes that bring in a billion bucks a pop is worse than poo poo like the Transformers movies.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

Disney making soulless """""live action""""" remakes that bring in a billion bucks a pop is worse than poo poo like the Transformers movies.

:hai:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

I could get behind reimagining Bambi as a nature documentary, narrated by Sir Richard Attenborough.

Plot twist: He's the hunter who shoots Bambi's mom.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Whats Disney going to do when they run out of Animated Canon stuff to remake into live action? They've already crossed most of the big ones off their list. There's Little Mermaid (which is already in development apparently), Great Mouse Detective and Sleeping Beauty, and those are the only ones that really come to mind off the top of my head. Unless they start delving into the stuff that nobody remembers or likes (look forward to the LA Black Cauldron remake in 2026!) then it doesn't seem like there's much room left for them to keep pushing this poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Whats Disney going to do when they run out of Animated Canon stuff to remake into live action? They've already crossed most of the big ones off their list. There's Little Mermaid (which is already in development apparently), Great Mouse Detective and Sleeping Beauty, and those are the only ones that really come to mind off the top of my head. Unless they start delving into the stuff that nobody remembers or likes (look forward to the LA Black Cauldron remake in 2026!) then it doesn't seem like there's much room left for them to keep pushing this poo poo.

I feel like most of the Disney Princesses haven't been in live action movies yet

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Len posted:

I feel like most of the Disney Princesses haven't been in live action movies yet

Those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a bunch I missed, but I honestly don't know or care much about a lot of the stuff Disney put out back in the day and I have a feeling that a lot of the demographic they're targeting with this stuff is in the same boat. These live action remakes are pretty much pure nostalgia vehicles and the return on investment isn't very high for something barely anyone remembers.

Edit: While I was typing that I actually thought "Oh wait, they haven't done Alice in Wonderland yet"; and then I remembered "Oh wait, no they did! It even got a sequel!".

MechanicalTomPetty fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 25, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Those are just the ones that come to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure there's a bunch I missed, but I honestly don't know or care much about a lot of the stuff Disney put out back in the day and I have a feeling that a lot of the demographic they're targeting with this stuff is in the same boat. These live action remakes are pretty much pure nostalgia vehicles and the return on investment isn't very high for something barely anyone remembers.

Sleeping Beauty and Snow White are still on a poo poo load of merchandise though :psyduck:

The 90s still leaves us with Pocahontas, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, and if they're really desperate Tarzan.

They could probably do a live action Nightmare Before Christmas that could be just trash and still bring in a billion+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Disney owns the Muppet movies so they can remake all those using CG in place of puppets.