Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

what role is confirmed?

Goddamn Beet I totally missed that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

hambeet posted:

what role is confirmed?

We don't know. And someone did point out it could have been a content ploy. I think there was something but we don't know.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Leith Maclaine posted:

We don't know. And someone did point out it could have been a content ploy. I think there was something but we don't know.

hmmmmm

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Vote penny friends

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

Vote penny friends

no

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

this deadline discourse is reeking to me of an aloof scumteam having fun while town picks between two town options (2penny and leith). the reason i think this is very few people are actually posting useful content outside of those 2. if scum were in danger of death, other scums would be at least making an attempt to generate fake content either for or against their bud. but what im seeing here is a town (in the general sense of "all players") who is fairly apathetic toward the lunch. on d1 that's normal, but if it was scum about to be lunched, we'd be seeing more investment in the lunch. ergo, 2penny and leith are town
Caught up and I think Mr. Steak is likely right.

I think I understand what 2penny was trying to say and can see the point in this part

2 penny bottle imp posted:

If I am correct on my interpretation, you are saying that the shared info was new info to scum. Meaning you dont think b- is scum. Meaning you shouldnt have voted him.
But I felt Leith explained himself pretty well and I think I get what he was going for, and I agree with Leith that binus’s refusal to shed light one way or another on his call for 5 votes is suspect.

I tend to think binus is was doing a gambit, not related to any actual role mechanic, but if that were the case he hasn’t really used it to make any alignment calls or cases. His only conclusion was “Steak is Town because he wasn’t afraid to do vote 5”. His posts about it “more powerful than you can imagine” and :iiam: when questioned, just look like binus is making fake claims and lying for no clear possible pro-Town reason and using joking as plausible deniability,, which I find suspicious.
##vote b-minus1

:siren:We have less than 2 hours remaining:siren:
I am going to do more rereads and get a List together.
Top of my head right now, I would vote binus, Retro Futurist, CPig.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

this deadline discourse is reeking to me of an aloof scumteam having fun while town picks between two town options (2penny and leith). the reason i think this is very few people are actually posting useful content outside of those 2. if scum were in danger of death, other scums would be at least making an attempt to generate fake content either for or against their bud. but what im seeing here is a town (in the general sense of "all players") who is fairly apathetic toward the lunch. on d1 that's normal, but if it was scum about to be lunched, we'd be seeing more investment in the lunch. ergo, 2penny and leith are town

way to be really bad.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lumpen posted:

Caught up and I think Mr. Steak is likely right.

I think I understand what 2penny was trying to say and can see the point in this part

But I felt Leith explained himself pretty well and I think I get what he was going for, and I agree with Leith that binus’s refusal to shed light one way or another on his call for 5 votes is suspect.

I tend to think binus is was doing a gambit, not related to any actual role mechanic, but if that were the case he hasn’t really used it to make any alignment calls or cases. His only conclusion was “Steak is Town because he wasn’t afraid to do vote 5”. His posts about it “more powerful than you can imagine” and :iiam: when questioned, just look like binus is making fake claims and lying for no clear possible pro-Town reason and using joking as plausible deniability,, which I find suspicious.
##vote b-minus1

:siren:We have less than 2 hours remaining:siren:
I am going to do more rereads and get a List together.
Top of my head right now, I would vote binus, Retro Futurist, CPig.
Lmfao

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote dos centavos

definitely not interested in voting binus today

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m trapped in the hell that is IKEA with my fiancée, send help.

Skimming as best I can.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

hambeet posted:

why not charms or huma?

IllegallySober posted:

I see this appears to be your first game in Votefinder. Are you a rereg, or are you new?

charms posted:

This is my first game of Mafia on SA, but I'm familiar with the game. I've played it online as a browser game with matchmaking where you knew the distribution of roles beforehand (forgot what it was called, it was a while ago).

I’m giving charms D1 courtesy since it’s their first game here.

Mr. Humalong posted:

If I don’t post much over the next 24 hours or so I’m not lurking, just my broke brain being more broke than usual and making me feel full :smith:

IllegallySober posted:

Will not vote today, take care of yourself 💚

I told Hum I would give them a break today also and although they seem to be doing better now I’m sticking to my word.

Note that both of these are just for today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

IllegallySober posted:

Skimming as best I can.

Bring back meatballs and cinnamon rolls

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Day1 LumpenList

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

IllegallySober posted:

Skimming as best I can.

Hide is the cafe, we will find you by the meatballs.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am good with ##vote 2 penny today

Still do not feel great about Sal, AA or probably ETR, would vote any of them with no questions

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SCUMMER
Alright gonna throw this out there - I am a survivor. my flavour is 'pirates'. I hinted this earliwr when I said I got a Destiny's Chikd song (im a survivor) off napster (pirates). On death, I revenge kill someone who votes me. I have no target country to gain power, meaning the revenge kill is just pure dickishness. Pretty funny.

I will happily push to win with town.

I would prefer to make it to the end and win myself. As is, I will go down in flames with someone near and dear to my heart...

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

But Leith is obviously scum and there is scum on my bandwagon. So let's solve this problem, together.

Nameste.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Alright gonna throw this out there - I am a survivor. my flavour is 'pirates'. I hinted this earliwr when I said I got a Destiny's Chikd song (im a survivor) off napster (pirates). On death, I revenge kill someone who votes me. I have no target country to gain power, meaning the revenge kill is just pure dickishness. Pretty funny.

I would prefer to make it to the end and win myself. As is, I will go down in flames with someone near and dear to my heart...

You’ve claimed everything else, might as well claim your country too.

For the record, survivor does not strike me as a likely role for this game from what little I know of the flavor and the mechanic of pairing up.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Penny, of the people on your vote, you mentioned Leith as scum. Do you believe they are the only scum on your vote? If not, who else?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

IllegallySober posted:

and the mechanic of pairing up.

This wasn’t the right way to describe what I meant, but it’s what I could throw down while staring at a furniture display.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

If you don't have a target, then what triggers your powerup?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'll take one for the team to remove a hostile 3rd party. Challenge accepted.

I breadcrumbed tracker as my ability starting with this post.

Leith Maclaine posted:

The joys of joke phase.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I think Hal is scum. Probably Humalong too. Only gut feels though.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Leith Maclaine posted:

I believe you, but I don’t think you needed to claim this right now. :(

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

charms posted:

If you don't have a target, then what triggers your powerup?

i dont have a target. no chance of powerup. and my country title is just pirates. i assume no one has me as a target but i dont really know for sure.

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

Leith Maclaine posted:

im not hostile to town.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

IllegallySober posted:

I believe you, but I don’t think you needed to claim this right now. :(

If 2 penny is going to revenge kill me anyway, I might as well see how I can help while I have time to comment. It's a non-standard tracker anyway until conditions are met, so I view it as pretty weak.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I’m heading towards checkout now, back in probably 10 minutes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

IllegallySober posted:

Penny, of the people on your vote, you mentioned Leith as scum. Do you believe they are the only scum on your vote? If not, who else?

This is a valid question, if Steak is right and we are both Town, who should we target? We are at 40 minutes right now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Leith Maclaine posted:

If 2 penny is going to revenge kill me anyway, I might as well see how I can help while I have time to comment. It's a non-standard tracker anyway until conditions are met, so I view it as pretty weak.

I didn’t get the sense he got to pick his target?

I just read it again though and maybe he does, I dunno.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

i dont have a target. no chance of powerup. and my country title is just pirates. i assume no one has me as a target but i dont really know for sure.

I'm going to take Amnistar's word over yours. I don't know if it would violate the rules to quote this directly, but this was covered in the pre-game channel announcement. It's given that everyone has a power upgrade.

##vote 2 penny bottle imp

2 penny bottle imp
Jun 11, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

cpig would be my #2. sniping agrrement on an easy bandwagon.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

charms posted:

I'm going to take Amnistar's word over yours. I don't know if it would violate the rules to quote this directly, but this was covered in the pre-game channel announcement. It's given that everyone has a power upgrade.

##vote 2 penny bottle imp

Charms is right,

OP does say each player represents a county and has a power up condition.

charms
Oct 14, 2012

Leith Maclaine posted:

Charms is right,

OP does say each player represents a county and has a power up condition.

Pirates are a country in EUIV, though (if you pay $14.99 for the right DLC)

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

charms posted:

Pirates are a country in EUIV, though (if you pay $14.99 for the right DLC)

Yeah, but there is still the lack of target country which was also in the OP.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Also only two alignments in the OP.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Just saw this while walking around LA. I felt I needed to share.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Eat The Rich posted:

Also only two alignments in the OP.

Good point, I think we have a live one. And if 2 penny revenge kills me, go get them.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

I think Penny is the right vote. Was expecting this post of theirs to be a flavor hint:

Same thing here - gives no reason for the vig comment, just lets it sit there, like a bad perogie on the plate.

But Pirates has nothing to do with any of that and although I see the Napster thing I think that was a fake plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Penny is at -1. Someone do the needful please.