Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Of course I have to leave and something happened.

What happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Of course I have to leave and something happened.

What happened

Ticknell in 4th tried to cut to the inside of Castroneves in 3rd and put him into the wall. The acura is boned, the mazda drove away.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Helio's interview showed him not happy.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

get up and get the race started and....caution. saw the replay a minute ago too, and yikes, scary when somebody gets punted due to the closing speeds like that.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Big M8 #25 not lookin hot

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

orange juche posted:

Wait, did I just hear Hindy say that the Risi Ferrari was BOPed down? Have they won anything at all?

The power cut affects the car throughout the entire rev range, too.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

RIP, my bootleg imsa.tv stream is dead.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
I'm watching on imsa.tv but then again I'm in Australia and it appears to be the only way for me to watch

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

I'm watching on imsa.tv but then again I'm in Australia and it appears to be the only way for me to watch

Being geoblocked sucks.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

orange juche posted:

Being geoblocked sucks.

I’ll have the same situation next weekend with the Bathurst 12hr which I normally go to but have a family thing that day.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

orange juche posted:

Being geoblocked sucks.

I’m geoblocked for only one IMSA race this year. Thanks for nothing, JSports.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

harperdc posted:

I’m geoblocked for only one IMSA race this year. Thanks for nothing, JSports.

Is Jsports even carrying the race on tv or is it just geoblocked because?

Also now that im home, i can just use that stupid 3 year nordvpn sub I bought a couple years back and only fire up for geoblocked races.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
12.5hrs in and the gap is .2

Endurance racing really is just a super long sprint race at this point. Jesus.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Just caught last weeks Formula E race. Nice fun and scrappy race. Very much bumping is racing going on... Even teammates not playing nice.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.
That sunrise was spectacular.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
One of the Acura PR guys got this amazing time lapse: https://twitter.com/drgitlin/status/1221412761592266753

Didn’t get an answer about three cars from Penske yet, but rear tire wear was something they say they’ve been working on a lot.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I wake up and a lamborghini is on fire

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I'm probably jinxing it but I believe in Mazda!

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
The Cadillacs’ pace plus stint length advantage should make them extremely hard to beat come the end of this race but anything can happen

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Update: I believe in BMW

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I hope Kobayashi gets another stint. He yeets the DPi around traffic like a loving psycho

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

net work error posted:

Update: I believe in BMW

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit
GJ Wayne Taylor. Don’t know where the pace came from at the end but it was a well earned win. Grats also to Mazda for getting both cars to finish at last even if they weren’t able to contend at the end

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I used NBC's track pass for the entire race. Nice that it didn't cut to commercials when the TV broadcast did. The only downside is listening to Paul Tracy.

I was rooting for the Mazdas since they usually catch fire, but oh well. While the Penske and Mazda incident around hour 4-5 is crazy, my biggest wtf moment was the lambo and aston. It looked like something you'd see in iracing.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
That wasn’t the best race IMO, but it was a drat good weekend at the track.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Mazda did pretty well.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
As cool as it is to be setting mileage and lap count records every single year now, I honestly miss the calamity and uncertainty of the past.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

iwentdoodie posted:

As cool as it is to be setting mileage and lap count records every single year now, I honestly miss the calamity and uncertainty of the past.

attrition good

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Brumos taking down Ganassi in '09 was cool and good

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/1221795075874807814?s=20

Sweeeeeeeeet.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

hell loving yes

would love to hear Diffey call some races since he's a huge bike guy and used to call WSBK

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jan 28, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kyle Busch apparently had a hell of a lot of fun in the Rolex 24, even though they didn't finish great.

He did say that the hardest part was hopping out of the car and attempting to go to sleep before his 1 AM stint, not being able to get more than 20 mins of sleep, and then back in the car for another stint, and then finally getting to sleep and then having the team hammer on his door at 4 AM to wake him up to jump in the car at 5AM.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Fuuuck yeah maybe I can watch some motorbikes now, instead of having no idea what the gently caress

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Fuuuck yeah maybe I can watch some motorbikes now, instead of having no idea what the gently caress

Watch More Supercross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okkieOBNXEo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

hunnert car pileup posted:

hell loving yes

would love to hear Diffey call some races since he's a huge bike guy and used to call WSBK

The MotoGP house commentary is perfectly good, I know we love the guys based out of the US but it’d be worse for them doing the commentary out of a Charlotte studio. All NBCSN needs to do is play the world feed.

MotoGP is fantastic, and also has the best OTT streaming service. Great package and No Spoiler mode.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

The MotoGP house commentary is perfectly good, I know we love the guys based out of the US but it’d be worse for them doing the commentary out of a Charlotte studio. All NBCSN needs to do is play the world feed.

MotoGP is fantastic, and also has the best OTT streaming service. Great package and No Spoiler mode.

It didn't work for a race and they gave me a free month no questions asked

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

harperdc posted:

Day and Birty can get on my nerves at times but I do enjoy their enthusiasm, and I love Simon Crafar.

And yeah motogp's streaming service is pretty expensive but worth every penny imo.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Bathurst 12h this weekend. It has 39 cars. That's more than started Daytona!

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/race-information/entry/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

WindyMan posted:

Bathurst 12h this weekend. It has 39 cars. That's more than started Daytona!

https://www.bathurst12hour.com.au/race-information/entry/

A large majority are gt3 cars as well. There’s only 4 invitational and 3 gt4 cars. I don’t know if they got rid of the Porsche cup cars for this years race but Steve grove has stepped up to the next class and tends to be pretty consistent every year.