Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I never even considered picking Alexios over Kassandra, but apparently if you do, Kassandra absolutely revels in being the bad guy and really chews on the scenery in a fun way.

I'm so glad I managed to end the game reuniting the family INCLUDING our adopted brother, then going to dinner where Alexios and Stentor start wrestling while dad is going :cripes: and then I took them all onboard my boat to go on a family cruise :hellyeah:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I’m feeling very optimistic about life tonight, my you all be infected by this attitude for a little while at least.

Life is good and I hope everybody is happy or will be soon :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I might have to do a second playthrough to see Kassandra as the villain then but I'll probably just watch her scenes on youtube because I don't have another 140 hours to put into the game

I enjoyed it all the way through, though

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Start your year of the rat the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAXioRNYy4s

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

I never even considered picking Alexios over Kassandra, but apparently if you do, Kassandra absolutely revels in being the bad guy and really chews on the scenery in a fun way.

I'm so glad I managed to end the game reuniting the family INCLUDING our adopted brother, then going to dinner where Alexios and Stentor start wrestling while dad is going :cripes: and then I took them all onboard my boat to go on a family cruise :hellyeah:

Life is good and I hope everybody is happy or will be soon :)

J-ru, my biggest issue with the game is that the good ending that you and I got with Kassandra then does not tie into the first DLC at all where the whole point is you starting a family of your own and having a kid. You would think that the two of those would have a major interaction, but there's no reaction between them at all.

But the second DLC pack? Holy crap that's pretty. The third bit of that might be the prettiest place I've ever visited in a video game.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
That’s it, you people have stood in my way long enough. I’m starting Odyssey over as Kassandra.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kvantum posted:

J-ru, my biggest issue with the game is that the good ending that you and I got with Kassandra then does not tie into the first DLC at all where the whole point is you starting a family of your own and having a kid.

I haven't gone through that yet but uhhhh that sounds pretty loving awful, especially since Kassandra is gay and only has eyes for Roxana. :colbert:

Seams posted:

That’s it, you people have stood in my way long enough. I’m starting Odyssey over as Kassandra.

I don't think any of us expected Seams to post that.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i guess you can buy me the stupid assassin's creed and i'll try it, even though the series became extremely boring after AC2 and adding a ship didn't suddenly make it interesting either and i stopped after that. if you want to you can gift the latest good one to me to prove your point. If you have to

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Turning was real loving bad. Borderline offensive ending.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Taken medicine for influenza A, mucinex, multiple herbal teas, robitussin dm, multiple cough drops and I think I'm finally feeling better now after over a week of being sick.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

NienNunb posted:

The Turning was real loving bad. Borderline offensive ending.

The Soccer Mommy tune on the soundtrack is rad though. Still deciding if I like the Mitski and Cherry Glazerr tracks.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

This movie did not deserve Mitski

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The Soccer Mommy tune on the soundtrack is rad though. Still deciding if I like the Mitski and Cherry Glazerr tracks.

I like all the songs, I don't know poo poo about the movie though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Just gamed for 7 hours

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

nice #s. been gaming for a while but it crashes and i take breaks when it crashes. sky-rim with 350 mods.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Slay the Spire is one of the best games I've ever played, but also, gently caress Slay the Spire.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
whales are so fuckin cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW2e8M3nzvE

I go whale watching at least once a year, lots of awesome whale sightings

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
double post lmao

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

MJeff posted:

Slay the Spire is one of the best games I've ever played, but also, gently caress Slay the Spire.

Dude gently caress that awesome game, so good I can’t put it down, loving piece of poo poo goodness.

After bopping around with it for like 80 hours I decided to get serious and am only playing as Ironclad until I hit A20, then I’ll do Silent and Defect and Watcher the same way.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I can't beat The Heart as Ironclad and it's driving me up a loving wall. I managed it as Silent. :(

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

NienNunb posted:

I never see this as anyone's #1 Yorgos but my ride or die favorite is Killing Of A Sacred Deer. The most profoundly upsetting movie I've ever seen. Triggered a panic attack during the big scene at the end, which loving owns.

It was alright. The acting and the character decisions were so perfeclty just off that it was geniunely intriguing as I tried to figure out what the movie was doing but once I figured out what it was doing about half way through the Greek tragedy of Agamemnon and Iphigenia in a modern setting. I guess the title of the movie should have been a giveaway. it lost all its magic and I was just kind of eh about the rest of the movie and none of the drama and tragedy and discomfort landed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

took me probably 30 tries to 'beat' slay the spire with ironclad. the other two happened within 7 or 8 tries of each. but it was cool when it happened. i used a deck that got lucky enough to have some offense while still building for the purpose of being able to build up shitloads of defense and using that card where you get to keep defense through turns. once you know how things work unless you are a real smarty baby then it's mostly luck from there. for us casuals. certain cards, and even certain idols are infinitely more useful at different times and building an all-rounder rarely results in success in act 3. the coward's advice that i use is to go out of your way to fight all bosses in act 1 and then go out of your way to avoid all bosses after that

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 26, 2020

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

NienNunb posted:

This movie did not deserve Mitski

Mitski, MUNA, Kali Uchis. I legit can't believe how much talent is on the soundtrack to this trash https://www.amazon.com/Turning-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B081KXJ9KX

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kim gordon @_____@

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

TV Zombie posted:

Taken medicine for influenza A, mucinex, multiple herbal teas, robitussin dm, multiple cough drops and I think I'm finally feeling better now after over a week of being sick.

Not sure what part of the world you are from but there's poo poo going around my small town right now that seems to never go away. I'm at the tail end of getting over it myself and typically when I get a cold it's gone in a few days.

If climate change doesn't get us the superviruses will

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

MJeff posted:

I can't beat The Heart as Ironclad and it's driving me up a loving wall. I managed it as Silent. :(

Outside of crazy win-heavy RNG, the keys are strength-scaling, reaper/feed, AOE damage (to clear elites before they hurt you), and really reliable card draw.

OF COURSE I say this and also I’m stuck on act 1 of A11 for the best six runs, goddamn

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just 100% Sundered. That game was really good. Give me a platformer with skills progression trees any day of the week over AAA cinematic offerings.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
at the gym, it smells like straight up feces, dunno if i can complete this work out. needed to tell all of you that.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

WatermelonGun posted:

at the gym, it smells like straight up feces, dunno if i can complete this work out. needed to tell all of you that.

You gotta think given the proclivities of a pre-workout mix to cause rampant diarrhea that like 90% of the shits taken in gyms are emergencies.

I’m sorry for your hard time; that sounds lame as hell

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Rip Kobe

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Holy gently caress

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

crazy!!!!!

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
whoaaaaa

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
makes my poo gym story seem even worse somehow. still here btw got one more set but i kinda want to puke.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

helicopters are deathtraps

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Died in a helicopter crash what the fuccccck?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
kobe didn’t seem to be a good person, but his n64 game was very good. i also don’t like the lakers, but maybe it’s just because my dudes will never be that culturally relevant.

this post brought to you from the parking lot I did not finish my work out some old lady made bitter beer face at me and i called it a day. the towel person said a pipe broke in the next room of the building but i think it was his anus.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

feel pretty bad for his little daughters. one of them just started existing. at least they are set

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I took a poo poo in the gym hth

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

on the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Helicopters are a lot of fun when they aren't crashing and killing you, though