Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol, wow, the effort put into this page is SO much lower than the last 3 updates' grand landscapes. 1 panel of a few crappy rocks and we're back to white voids

Also holy poo poo his face on panel 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol, wow, the effort put into this page is SO much lower than the last 3 updates' grand landscapes. 1 panel of a few crappy rocks and we're back to white voids

You had your week of backgrounds. It's time to advance the plot such as it is. Either/or situation.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mors Rattus posted:

What the hell is that orb
Klik from Goblins?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Nighthand posted:

Comic: "I have a problem: I have no idea where I am or where to go."
Immediately next comic: *Sign in the middle of nowhere points way to next destination*
It wouldn't be a Mookie comic if a problem wasn't immediately solved in the least interesting way possible.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Mors Rattus posted:

What the hell is that orb

It's impressive that mookie can make a circle and two lines off model to the point it's hard to recognize, but that's definitely the ship from way back.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Is this an edit or did he take off his shirt in hopes of a mongrel orgy

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Mors Rattus posted:

Is this an edit or did he take off his shirt in hopes of a mongrel orgy

It's an edit from when his house blew up.

This does raise the question of why Snout lives on his own if Mongrelfolk congregate in towns. Too much of an awkward nerd? Everybody grossed out by the second penis growing out of his back?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Thinking about it, this would be a great moment of tension. Snout’s house was blown up, he’s lost everything and is journeying beyond his small patch of land for the first time. Now he’s found a whole town of people like him and the thing that blew up his life is heading right for it. It’s just that Mookie crammed so many months of nothing happening between that event and this one that people have literally forgotten what that ship even is.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I know what it is but I still don't even know if it kidnapped the Ink Witch or is piloted by her.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
I think the sign is a Looney Tunes trap set up by the ship for Snout.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Once again if he arrives to find robotnik blew up the village before he got there I will take back every criticism I have ever made of Mookie.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Out of the rubble of our protagonist's house rises a lone, dark figure. He extends a hand, then flips us off, stating only:

"gently caress you trolls"

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

I think the sign is a Looney Tunes trap set up by the ship for Snout.

It is called Mongreltown instead of having a real name and I don't think mookie can write that well.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
The Mongreltown edit fooled me. Well done. I assumed it was legit so Mookie could dodge having to draw any new characters with unique designs. Good job.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Really going out of their way to spite Snout at this point, which I fully support.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Every face snout makes is a portrait of horror.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I see the ship and the comic have the same trajectory.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Tesseraction posted:

Once again if he arrives to find robotnik blew up the village before he got there I will take back every criticism I have ever made of Mookie.

Take every critcism back apparently. I honestly have no clue where this narrative is going now. I guess Snout is special so the ship is following to dick him over.

I don't know, this sucks.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
You know, I had a gut feeling Ague Proof's edit was going to come true, but I didn't think it'd be that quick! I thought there'd at least be a couple days of meeting the townspeople before it all went wrong.

On the bright side, it means the pacing has picked up!

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I'm glad all the mogrelfolk are dead

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wait, so it's high in the sky, way off to his right, and nearly parallel with him, then it's close to the ground, directly behind him, and just now passing him... The visual communication of the ship's location and motion is horrible. Probably because Mookie just didn't want to draw more panels clearly establishing it so he just crammed it in there even though the perspective is wrong.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
How big is this stupid ship?

Holy poo poo, it crushed Mongreltown. This owns.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I just figured that the thing following him was a scout for the “real” ship.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Nope, I think that's the actual ship. He just illustrated it being high up in the sky by drawing it tiny.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

It looks like it crashed into open ground, I think Mongreltown is still safe.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm holding out on taking back everything I've ever said but there is hope in my heart.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YF-23 posted:

It looks like it crashed into open ground, I think Mongreltown is still safe.

Who could possibly say? Either scenario is likely. Mookie could have just been too lazy to draw Mongreltown as it was blown up.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

This entire story is just about how mongrels are constantly poo poo on in a very poignant social commentary that is sure to fly over our heads. Much like that spaceship.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Is it really, though?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Is it really, though?

Look, I'm really, really trying here.

Unlike the artist.

I mean I couldn't find a theme or moral message in the original comic, can we really expect one here?

Edit: The answer is: Yes, but only if its written on parchment or a sign.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

evilmiera posted:

Look, I'm really, really trying here.

I was poking fun at the ship crashing into Mongreltown. It's not so much 'overhead' anymore.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Bad news guys, the fun thing didn't really happen :(

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
...wait, wasn't the ship going the direction Snout was running in? Which was presumably towards Mongreltown?

The Little Death posted:

Mookie made me laugh, at least

TheHan posted:

Really going out of their way to spite Snout at this point, which I fully support.

Looking at the middle panel of the previous comic, I can kind of see how the ship might have been going at a slight angle, but the perspective of the comic and the lack of any depth and consistent landmarks makes it hard to figure out where anything is in relation to each other. Besides, a slight angle wouldn't put it in the exact opposite direction of Mongreltown. The only explanations I can think of are either the ship was going back and forth and it wasn't clearly communicated, and/or the art and writing isn't planned out even one comic in advance with no regard for inconsistencies.

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jan 26, 2020

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

I can't believe that's even presented as a dilemma.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I will give him this faint praise: panel 3 is a face that is acceptable. It's not great but it does not make me feel shame to look at.

The rest of the comic, tho

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I have never in my life thought I'd say this, but I miss the human pseudosnouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Little Death posted:

Bad news guys, the fun thing didn't really happen :(

Oh no, instead of traveling [x] time to Mongreltown he'll need to travel [x]+20 minutes instead!