Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Araganzar posted:

I was running fail2ban and denyhosts
Not quite the same as what I mean, but it probably works out to about the same thing. Sorry I can't add more than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Vadun posted:

You can't stop people from attempting to authenticate unless you're willing to totally destroy the player experience, doing somelike like having a jumpserver or whitelisted IP addresses that can even attempt to connect. So you shouldn't do that.

There are various ways to catalog what you would consider to be bad actors, and prevent them from trying to log in again. Basically take x number of failed attempts, or even better failed attempts against known bad accounts and blacklist those IP addresses either forever or for a period of time.

If possible, only allow ROOT to be accessed from your IP address, assuming you have a static or a jump server. If you have non-authentication logs, or logs showing what specific URLs or paths these guys are trying to hit I can also tell you what else they're attempting to do and if its something you need to worry about.

Another, possibly more complicated scenario would be restricting ROOT access to certificate authentication. See https://www.ssh.com/ssh/key

Yeah fail2ban and denyhosts disallow after n attempts, based on Cardio's comments I will also set it to 1 log attempt every 5 seconds or something. I can set it to where root only works from a couple IP addresses I use as well.

I've finished backing up what I can and I've reinstalled the OS. I don't expect to have time to do much more until tomorrow. Thanks for the advice, I think what I need to do is just go all SSH and https now that I know what I'm doing with that.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Asdf, found the Lajatang of Order, but I already have 16 points in axes (and the +8 Frostbite executioner's axe). Honestly, I'm tempted to start training staves just to get rMut from the lajatang, but that would sting. Worth it? I'm at max piety with Shining One atm, 3 pips of rN from him & rMut would definitely help. Wish I'd gone Ashenzari first, would help with transfering the exp..

(Then again, transfering from Shining One to Ash doesn't give you wrath, right? Might consider that, actually.)

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same

Dropbear posted:

Asdf, found the Lajatang of Order, but I already have 16 points in axes (and the +8 Frostbite executioner's axe). Honestly, I'm tempted to start training staves just to get rMut from the lajatang, but that would sting. Worth it? I'm at max piety with Shining One atm, 3 pips of rN from him & rMut would definitely help. Wish I'd gone Ashenzari first, would help with transfering the exp..

(Then again, transfering from Shining One to Ash doesn't give you wrath, right? Might consider that, actually.)

I think ash doesn't count as a Good God; those three are tso, zin, and elyvilon.

What are the relevant aptitudes?

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Superterranean posted:

I think ash doesn't count as a Good God; those three are tso, zin, and elyvilon.

What are the relevant aptitudes?

Ash is neutral; Shining One only goes apeshit if you transfer to one of the evil ones & gives half of your piety if you transfer to the good ones. I'm playing a formicid so axes & staves are both aptitude 0.

Already switched; probably not worth it in the end, but I get screwed over by mutations so often that a source of rMut is so, so tempting.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I mean sure, that makes sense on paper. But what on earth are you facing that you want the silver brand and rMut, but not TSO? I think basically slime and that's it? But then again with 16 in axes it sounds like you're still prior to your first rune, and so yes there's plenty of time to switch. For future reference TSO is generally a god I switch to, as almost all his work is post-endgame. They even removed the paladin background as it was a bit of a newbie trap.

So yea, you can swap, but it might be a while before you can get Ash's xp transference active, and then you're swapping into a lajatang which is firmly a 3-rune weapon apparently hits harder than battleaxes now wtc. But still, hits slightly less than a exec axe and its main appeal is the low xp reqs so you can jump ahead of the curve, which waiting for ash piety might render moot. (Incidentally, Ash's skill boosts use the same logic) Unless you really want that rMut over TSO's stuff (then go Zin?), maybe don't swap for that reason. You call however, depending how deep you are in the game. Also it's a video game do what makes you happy.

e;f,b

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Serephina posted:

I mean sure, that makes sense on paper. But what on earth are you facing that you want the silver brand and rMut, but not TSO? I think basically slime and that's it? But then again with 16 in axes it sounds like you're still prior to your first rune, and so yes there's plenty of time to switch. For future reference TSO is generally a god I switch to, as almost all his work is post-endgame. They even removed the paladin background as it was a bit of a newbie trap.

So yea, you can swap, but it might be a while before you can get Ash's xp transference active, and then you're swapping into a lajatang which is firmly a 3-rune weapon apparently hits harder than battleaxes now wtc. But still, hits slightly less than a exec axe and its main appeal is the low xp reqs so you can jump ahead of the curve, which waiting for ash piety might render moot. (Incidentally, Ash's skill boosts use the same logic) Unless you really want that rMut over TSO's stuff (then go Zin?), maybe don't swap for that reason. You call however, depending how deep you are in the game. Also it's a video game do what makes you happy.

e;f,b

I'm thinking of switching back to TSO after the knowledge transfer, actually; screwing around in abyss 1 should get rid of Ash's wrath & boost TSO back to 3 rN pretty quick, and the (silver) lajatang does nasty things to stuff in there.

And yeah, lajatangs are nuts damagewise considering their mindelay is at 14 skill. 0 runes yet, just clearing elf so there should be plenty of time.

EDIT: I know I'll probably yasd this really quick (probably by calling an unmanageable pack with the Gong shield; formicid's ability to dig killholes helps there, but I probably should switch to a normal shield), but drat this looks like it's going places.

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 25, 2020

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
If you're running extended, I'd contend a silver +7 or +9 lajatang does not hit just a little bit less than a +9 holy exec axe. I would say it's like being run over by a bike messenger vs a city bus. Practically nothing in extended outside of Mnoleg is vulnerable to silver.

For 3-5 runes, it's outstanding, easy game winner with minimal investment, works against many problematical enemies, means you will have much more xp for AC and EV. Speed Laj probably still superior. Be aware in vanilla Crawl the laj is only 66% mutation resist.

Work on rebuilding server proceeds, thanks to forums user bloodnok for helping me through some ubuntu/debian nightmares and showing me how to run traces. I have trunk and 0.24 working via http. I plan on setting up the forks and restoring user saves next, I'm not sure if people will have to register again or not, I'll test that. Personally, I have a little VsTm running a pledge I'd like to not lose.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Araganzar posted:

Be aware in vanilla Crawl the laj is only 66% mutation resist.

Thanks for the tips! Any idea if mutation resist from the lajatang stacks with the mutation resistance mutation (now that's a phrase)? I had some mutation potions in my stash, figured I might as well see if I can get something useful before equipping the laj, and got:
- +2 AC scales (eh)
- Clarity (nice!)
- Mutation resist
- Potions heal less (eh, not that bad I guess)

Dropbear fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 25, 2020

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
"Fun" is not a design goal.

Araganzar posted:

If you're running extended, I'd contend a silver +7 or +9 lajatang does not hit just a little bit less than a +9 holy exec axe. I would say it's like being run over by a bike messenger vs a city bus. Practically nothing in extended outside of Mnoleg is vulnerable to silver.

For 3-5 runes, it's outstanding, easy game winner with minimal investment, works against many problematical enemies, means you will have much more xp for AC and EV. Speed Laj probably still superior. Be aware in vanilla Crawl the laj is only 66% mutation resist.

Work on rebuilding server proceeds, thanks to forums user bloodnok for helping me through some ubuntu/debian nightmares and showing me how to run traces. I have trunk and 0.24 working via http. I plan on setting up the forks and restoring user saves next, I'm not sure if people will have to register again or not, I'll test that. Personally, I have a little VsTm running a pledge I'd like to not lose.

Looking forward to you getting your server running again, fingers crossed that it won't get compromised this time. I had a promising GrEE running that I'm hoping to resume - if not, eh, I'd probably splat it anyway like I did with my beautiful punchy slowbro fishboi a little while ago, RIP :(

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
What version are you playing on? What species?

Per the wiki:

quote:

Two unrands, the Hat of the Alchemist and the Lajatang of Order, provide mutation resistance when equipped. This is a 66% chance, equivalent to the first rank of the Mutation Resistance 1 mutation. Using both at the same time won't increase the resistance.

I'm pretty sure it's the same in gooncrawl, if you're playing there I'll check though.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!

Araganzar posted:

What version are you playing on? What species?

Per the wiki:

I'm pretty sure it's the same in gooncrawl, if you're playing there I'll check though.

Cheers! I'm playing offline trunk. Oh well, guess those lajatang shenanigans were pretty pointless then, unless I manage to lose the mutation somehow. Oh well!

Also yikes, convokers recalling 3 liches & 2 ancient liches from a ghost vault in the Vaults. Good thing I had silence memorized.

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Huh - I lucked into finding a book with necromutation. Now that I switched to Ashenzari, that shouldn't be completely off the table.

What other gods than TSO would people recommend for trying postgame things (that allow necromutation)? In fact Ashenzari would help getting it castable, might be worth sticking with this for a while?

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(
Disclaimer: Most of my experience with Crawl is in Abyss-trawling and Zig-running. Actually doing useful things like 'getting runes' and 'winning' are outside of my usual area of competence, so anything I say should be taken with a grain of salt.

Virtually all of the gods can work alright in Extended (although Xom may find your attempts to clear Hell and Pan 'hilarious'). Generally speaking, Gozag is one of the strongest gods overall, giving you big long-term benefits in the form of extra shops and branch bribes, and a pretty good turn-economy panic button in the form of potion petition; the passive monster stunning is also not to be understated, as you can turn popcorn critters into a sort of screen-wide debuff aura periodically inflicting stun. TSO is often highly recommended for their protections and bonuses, while Vehumet is still a solid choice for a lazy caster who wants the MP replenishment, and Makhleb for just about anyone for similar reasons. Trog is a slightly tricky choice (and is especially poor a deadly mistake for Zig-running), but it's otherwise still certainly doable. I have heard that Uskayaw can be hilarious in Extended situations, but I personally don't have any experience with that.

Most of my 15-rune runs were with Vehu and Makhleb, and sometimes Gozag for Zig-running. I'm reasonably sure I've done 15 runes with Dithmenos. Shield of the Gong/Singing Sword/Qazlal is a fun gimmick run I've done a couple of times as well, but it requires that you enjoy the prospect of winning exactly one giant fight at the beginning of every floor. Once upon a time, Nemelex was the 'cheese the endgame' god of choice, but was heavily, HEAVILY nerfed years ago; Gozag is the closest current choice.

Hybrid builds generally have the easiest time in extended, and spell selection makes a big difference. If you're playing Gooncrawl, you have an embarrassment of riches to choose from, including the extremely powerful Haste and Time Stop spells; I can't recommend those two enough if you're intent on min-maxing for Extended, but in that case you might have to learn to love the Abyss, ha.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zin is the funnest god to worship because you yell at things and they turn into pillars of salt.

Also he gives 2/3 of cheistats for very little piety cost and as long as you can cast Sanctuary you have no excuse for dying.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Also, if you can lock in a good mutation set before converting to him you're set for life

You can even opportunistically convert to another good god temporarily to do so

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Huh, so necromutation was pretty easy to get castable starting from 0 necro / transmutation. A potion of experience did help a bunch.

First time trying this thing. Seems really handy, but drat if the short duration doesn't make it a pain in the rear end, especially since autoexplore seems to sometimes just ignore the "transformation is ending"-message and let me regrow skin again.

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
Play gooncrawl already, gawd

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Captainsalami posted:

Play gooncrawl already, gawd
:yeah:

code:
PoisonMushroom the Invulnerable (level 27, 81/240 HPs)
Began as a Barachi Fighter on Jan 25, 2020.
Was the Champion of Okawaru.
Escaped with the Orb
... and 3 runes on Jan 26, 2020!

The game lasted 04:11:34 (74612 turns).
code:
PoisonMushroom the Invulnerable (Barachi Fighter)  Turns: 74612, Time: 04:11:34

Health: 81/240     AC: 57    Str: 20 (21) XL:     27
Magic:  22/22      EV: 14    Int: 13 (16) God:    Okawaru [******]
Gold:   1187       SH: 19    Dex: 18 (19) Spells: 30/38 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +   a - +9 sword of Zonguldrok {reap}
rCold    . . .     Gourm    .   C - +3 shield of Biocid {Regen+ Str-3 SInv Stlth+}
rNeg     . . .     Faith    .   J - +15 Maxwell's patent armour {-Tele rElec MR+ rCorr Clar}
rPois    +         Spirit   .   c - +2 helmet {SInv}
rElec    +         Reflect  .   S - +2 cloak {rPois}
rCorr    +         Harm     .   L - +2 pair of gloves {Str+3}
MR       +++++     Clarity  +   U - +1 pair of boots
Stlth    ..........NoTele   +   Q - amulet "Dechesin" {Acrobat rF+++ MR- Slay+3 Stlth-}
HPRegen  1.90/turn              y - ring of Robustness {AC+9}
MPRegen  0.18/turn              T - ring "Otozo" {MR+ Dex+5 Stlth+}

@: very slightly contaminated, regenerating, hasted, repel missiles, quick
A: +LOS, swims, clever 1, deformed body, magic resistance 2, slowness 1, weak 1,
subdued magic 1, strong legs 2
0: Orb of Zot
}: 3/15 runes: barnacled, silver, gossamer
a: Hop, Release Permanent Buffs, Heroism, Finesse, Renounce Religion
Full Morgue

I really would've loved to do extended, getting a big win with Maxwell's would've been hilarious, but I did not find a single pip of rNeg literally ALL loving GAME. Even rC, I was just using Wyrmbane to get what I could (and to eviscerate Zot, but y'know).

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

WereVolvo posted:

Looking forward to you getting your server running again, fingers crossed that it won't get compromised this time. I had a promising GrEE running that I'm hoping to resume - if not, eh, I'd probably splat it anyway like I did with my beautiful punchy slowbro fishboi a little while ago, RIP :(

I think I have the server up and games restored! I was able to copy the save games and in-progress markers for the forks from my backups and when I logged in I could get back to my saved game. I can see your saved game in there too.

I'm building the other forks and running scoring now. Hopefully by Monday I'll have things all going again and we can look at pushing changes from goondev. I think you can play if it's up and you won't lose anything, I just might be taking it down.

edit: hell yeah, scoring completed and I can see recent games now across all servers. I just watched PM win and then die and here she is!

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Jan 26, 2020

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

she*

I am very bad at this game. Cool to see the thing up, though!

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011

Araganzar posted:

I think I have the server up and games restored! I was able to copy the save games and in-progress markers for the forks from my backups and when I logged in I could get back to my saved game. I can see your saved game in there too.

I'm building the other forks and running scoring now. Hopefully by Monday I'll have things all going again and we can look at pushing changes from goondev. I think you can play if it's up and you won't lose anything, I just might be taking it down.

edit: hell yeah, scoring completed and I can see recent games now across all servers. I just watched PM win and then die and here she is!

Nice!
I can't seem to be able to login, though, I just get a "login failed". And when I try to use the password reset link, I don't get a reset mail :(

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

WereVolvo posted:

Nice!
I can't seem to be able to login, though, I just get a "login failed". And when I try to use the password reset link, I don't get a reset mail :(

You have to register again, sorry. I was able to restore the rcfiles and morgue and save games but not the player logons....

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011

Araganzar posted:

You have to register again, sorry. I was able to restore the rcfiles and morgue and save games but not the player logons....

Oh, right. Got it working now, thanks! My save seems to be intact too!

e: ran into my own ghost and got wrecked, everything is right with the world again. :downs:

WereVolvo fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jan 26, 2020

Totally Huge
Mar 10, 2006

Cold brew got me like...

College Slice
One way to stop the constant barrage of brute force attacks would be to use nonstandard ports.

Run ssh on port 2233 or something, for example. Bots generally are just going for the lowest hanging fruit.

It would be slightly annoying from the user end but only very slightly.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Totally Huge posted:

One way to stop the constant barrage of brute force attacks would be to use nonstandard ports.

Run ssh on port 2233 or something, for example. Bots generally are just going for the lowest hanging fruit.

It would be slightly annoying from the user end but only very slightly.

I've changed it to only allow SSH and only my personal account is allowed to log in. I eventually need to set up a crawl console login as well. Root login is denied and denyhosts and fail2ban are catching attacks pretty well now. I think turning off any other login accounts stopped most of it.

I'm thinking about just turning off http entirely and just having webtiles only be accessible from https.

Trunk, 0.24 and all forks so far (gooncrawl, goondev, stoatsoup) are up and working and compiling nightly, scores daemon is running, beem is running again and spectating. I think we are good again, I still need to do some housecleaning stuff like geting the DGL status going again and setting up crontabs for other stuff but the server should be fully functional and updating scores.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dropbear posted:

I heard some dude had won Crawl something like 43 times in a row.

:shepicide:

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Dungeon Harvested

Completed the pledge of the Harvest. One thing, you'll know if Mennas or Ignatio spawns in a pan level because only one of you is leaving!

code:
araganzar the Grand Master (VSTm)                  Turns: 76314, Time: 06:55:32

Health: 161/161    AC: 38    Str: 32    XL:     27
Magic:  51/51      EV: 38    Int: 46    God:    Cheibriados [******]
Gold:   7953       SH: 38    Dex: 40    Spells: 0/74 levels left

rFire    + + +     SeeInvis +     - Unarmed
rCold    + + .     Gourm    .   H - +8 large shield {reflect}
rNeg     + + +     Faith    .   Q - +5 robe of Night {Dark +Blink +Inv +Fly MR+ SInv}
rPois    ∞         Spirit   +   g - +3 mask of the Dragon {MR+++ Slay+3 SInv}
rElec    +         Reflect  +   W - +2 cloak {+Inv}
rCorr    .         Harm     .   b - +1 pair of gloves "Neocoy Uteth" {rF+ Int+3 Slay+2 Stlth+}
MR       +++++                  K - +2 pair of boots of Midwinter {Str+3 Int+4}
Stlth    ++++......             T - macabre finger necklace {rN+}
HPRegen  1.16/turn              Z - ring "Vojuant" {+Fly rF+ Slay+3}
MPRegen  0.32/turn              r - ring of Damegar {rPois rC+ rN+ Int+6 Dex+4}
                                p - ring of Loeluif {rElec rN++ Int-4 Dex+3 Slay+4}

You have taken the pledge of the Harvest.
Swapped over to lich form + ozo's once I got robe of night, had darkness memmed for a while, I will tell you it was an excellent choice. I don't know how much poo poo I saved myself from in extended. Tomb I just watched my death scarabs eat stuff while I dropped singularities. Singularity makes most extended encounters much easier. Had Shield of Ignorance for a while.

The real advantage of Tm is if you find statform you can have pretty crap gear thanks to all the stuff it covers. It's also kind of like being a Vehumet blaster in that your damage output is your defense. But ultimately I got tired of taking a step and eating 3 turns of hellfires and torments, also synergy with vamp bite and 50% slower melee is not great.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I've closed the latest poll: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSev-fYf4PrNKJ6zXpAeo76BkBCFElzxGk6KhKy1H9U8VXxtXw/viewanalytics

80+% in favor of propose changes. Going to go ahead and do pull requests for the reaver changes and start working on merging Yeti and Carcine.

The last question was borked, I guess I need really short responses there. But here were the totals:

Staff of Battlecat - 14
new Elemental Staff - 13
Throwing Revamp - 12
Reveal monster weapons - 12
G-g-g-ghost Vault! - 11
Chaos brand changes - 10
Summons dismiss on becoming hostile - 9
Vp changes - 9 (maybe with no drain)
Game seeds - 9
Nem/Ely reworks - 9
Dith Revamp - 8
Positional Spells - 7
Fehas/Sif reworks - 7
Zoomable map - 5
Klown Pies - 5
Those treasure arena things they replaced labs with - 1
Let's Jeet Kun Do this poo poo - 1

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
Looks like the changes are up on kelbi, I was able to get back into my late-stage save game and I can see the new spells.

Going to work on Yeti/Carcine next and see if there's any low hanging fruit on the item list above we could go ahead and get in.

WereVolvo
Jan 12, 2011
Regarding pledges and character creation, would it be possible to remember the previous character's selected pledge like the way you can do with Tab and race/class? I usually don't bother with pledges at all, and when I'm chainsplatting yet another bunch of similar characters I'd like to do so as efficiently as possible.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe
I noticed that but I thought I was a pretty strong outlier in both impatience and splats per hour.

Also my understanding of much of the interface code is on the :iiam: level for me. Most of what I do is copy stuff better crawl programmers did and hope the function calls do what I think they do.

edit: apologies for dominating the thread but I wanted to check in with Linux goons on what I'm seeing now as far as hack attempts. I really want to make sure the server isn't compromised again because if it is I think I will just give up.

The main thing I see is connection attempts that were rejected, this is because everything but SSH is shut down. These tend to come in clumps, this is the entire journal from 9:22 to 9:47 and the only hack attempts I see are these refused connects:
code:
Jan 27 09:21:57 eatpurple.com sshd[21318]: refused connect from 222.186.30.209 (222.186.30.209)
Jan 27 09:25:12 eatpurple.com sshd[21432]: refused connect from 222.186.42.155 (222.186.42.155)
Jan 27 09:27:07 eatpurple.com sshd[21542]: refused connect from 112.85.42.87 (112.85.42.87)
Jan 27 09:28:11 eatpurple.com sshd[21595]: refused connect from 112.85.42.87 (112.85.42.87)
Jan 27 09:29:15 eatpurple.com sshd[21648]: refused connect from 112.85.42.87 (112.85.42.87)
Jan 27 09:30:18 eatpurple.com sshd[21701]: refused connect from 112.85.42.87 (112.85.42.87)
Jan 27 09:31:26 eatpurple.com sshd[21754]: refused connect from 112.85.42.87 (112.85.42.87)
Jan 27 09:31:38 eatpurple.com sshd[21760]: refused connect from 222.186.42.155 (222.186.42.155)
Jan 27 09:34:51 eatpurple.com sshd[21918]: refused connect from 222.186.15.10 (222.186.15.10)
30-40 attempts an nhour. Do I need to worry about this or is it working as intended? Are these guys ever going to give up?

The second are SSH login attempts for accounts like administrador(sic), teste, root, gopi, backup:
code:
aJn 27 09:04:45 eatpurple.com sshd[20455]: Invalid user administrador from 103.56.207.67
Jan 27 09:04:45 eatpurple.com sshd[20455]: input_userauth_request: invalid user administrador [preauth]
Jan 27 09:04:45 eatpurple.com sshd[20455]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): check pass; user unknown
Jan 27 09:04:45 eatpurple.com sshd[20455]: pam_unix(sshd:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=ssh ruser= rhost=103.56.207.67
Jan 27 09:04:47 eatpurple.com sshd[20455]: Failed password for invalid user administrador from 103.56.207.67 port 36164 ssh2
Jan 27 09:04:48 eatpurple.com sshd[20455]: Received disconnect from 103.56.207.67 port 36164:11: Bye Bye [preauth]
Jan 27 09:04:48 eatpurple.com sshd[20455]: Disconnected from 103.56.207.67 port 36164 [preauth]
About 5-10 of these an hour. I guess they are coming in on SSH and getting assigned ports but are unable to log in because only I can log in. I also see this line associated with these sometimes:
code:
Jan 27 09:48:36 eatpurple.com sshd[22516]: User backup from 36.110.78.62 not allowed because not listed in AllowUsers
FYI this is WAY down from before, 80 lines for an hour where before it would be 80 a minute. Is this reasonable? Do I have any cause to worry?

Araganzar fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Jan 27, 2020

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

WereVolvo posted:

Regarding pledges and character creation, would it be possible to remember the previous character's selected pledge like the way you can do with Tab and race/class? I usually don't bother with pledges at all, and when I'm chainsplatting yet another bunch of similar characters I'd like to do so as efficiently as possible.

I was trying to do this once I debugged the problem related to Tab upthread, but I couldn't figure it out at the time. Since you can set your pledge via rcfile setting to skip that screen (pledge=<pledge keyword>; list of keywords for each pledge that you can use is in this file in the last row of each pledge), I passed on further troubleshooting for just making sure Tab didn't gently caress things up past pledge selection.

If someone else wants to take a crack at getting it working, I'll gladly accept a pull request for it.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Araganzar posted:

Looks like the changes are up on kelbi, I was able to get back into my late-stage save game and I can see the new spells.

Going to work on Yeti/Carcine next and see if there's any low hanging fruit on the item list above we could go ahead and get in.

I voted against Yeti and Carcine not because of the actual game content, but because they were done by Tollymain. If you didn’t see his permaban reason, he was a serial sexual harasser, and he tried to do it to me at one point. I don’t want work by him in the game. I’m only one vote among many, so I’m trying to make myself heard.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Arivia posted:

I voted against Yeti and Carcine not because of the actual game content, but because they were done by Tollymain. If you didn’t see his permaban reason, he was a serial sexual harasser, and he tried to do it to me at one point. I don’t want work by him in the game. I’m only one vote among many, so I’m trying to make myself heard.

One purpose of this for me was to get any pending work Tollymain had out of the chute. All the pending pull requests but one (heal wounds wand) are his. I just closed all the others.

FK has like fifty times the sweat equity in this fork than anyone so that's all I feel I can do right now without acting peremptorily. Looking at Yeti, it's just a hairy ogre, I'm really okay not pushing new races that are solely aptitude and starting mutation adjusts. Carcine has some good unique code, someone else could take that and build on it enough that it's theirs.

Regardless, the main thing I want to get across is that I can't possibly know how you feel but I can definitely understand your issue with seeing these species in the game. I'll forget about these for now, there's plenty of other work to do, and if my option matters at all I'm pretty firmly in your corner.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Huh, I didn't see that coming. Sadly, the guy contributed a lot to the project and getting rid of all of that work just plain isn't an option, but if it's all the same to everyone else, I'm personally kinda okay with those getting cut. They really didn't sound that interesting anyway.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I won't weep to see them gone.

Still gotta learn to code a race myself so I can make rock trolls

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Araganzar posted:

Regardless, the main thing I want to get across is that I can't possibly know how you feel but I can definitely understand your issue with seeing these species in the game. I'll forget about these for now, there's plenty of other work to do, and if my option matters at all I'm pretty firmly in your corner.

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I'm not trying to insist on getting my way, but I wanted to make it obvious so people knew what was up.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, I completely missed that even happening, so I appreciate the heads-up. I'd rather not see that kind of behaviour be tacitly condoned by keeping the guy's proposals in the development queue, either, so I can completely see where you're coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

On Tollymain:

When I found out (in regards to the permaban+reason), I removed his repo access as well as took him off where I remember there were mentions of the team. I will not be accepting future pull requests from accounts that I or others have identified as his. However, GitHub does not offer granular enough moderation tools to prevent any future pull requests under new account names without just banning pull requests from everyone without repo access, which I would prefer not to do as some cool stuff has come from non-goons who liked contributing. If any future pull request can be tied back to him and someone can prove it, I (or somone else with repo access) can remove it.

For the remaining pull requests that were previously approved I'm okay with the thread voting on them again, or unanimous consent on just not including them if nobody wants to defend it, if the content being associated with Tollymain makes the thread uncomfortable with adding the content to the game.

Edit: I will not be cleaning out Tollymain's commits out of the repo as Git absolutely does not like revising history and that would mean I have to go through a 923 commit rebase and remake any commits that may have dependencies.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 27, 2020