Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

:worship:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great

RJWaters2 posted:

Took a gamble on the peach Premier protein drink. Am I in for a bad time?

REPORT:
It's not the best or worst flavor. It tastes basically like peach yogurt with a different texture.

Official ranking:
1. Vanilla
2. Cookies N. Creme
3. Peaches N. Creme
4. Chocolate

Never tried Caramel.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Returned a vacuum I bought in 2017 because it broke but asked the desk if that was ok before I brought it in to return. They said it was fine so I returned it and bought a 3x more expensive so maybe it worked out for them in the end?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

RJWaters2 posted:

REPORT:
It's not the best or worst flavor. It tastes basically like peach yogurt with a different texture.

Official ranking:
1. Vanilla
2. Cookies N. Creme
3. Peaches N. Creme
4. Chocolate

Never tried Caramel.

I didn't like the caramel. I actually thew them away and I never waste things. Well, besides my life.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Over at my Costco they have replaced the Pub Mix with Cocktail Mix!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Original_Z posted:

Over at my Costco they have replaced the Pub Mix with Cocktail Mix!

Is that just a bag of pretzles and ritz crackers dumped in a box?

i didn't like pub mix, but no garlicly rye chips = fail

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

RJWaters2 posted:

REPORT:

Official ranking:
1. Vanilla
2. Cookies N. Creme
3. Peaches N. Creme
4. Chocolate

Never tried Caramel.

I bought a box of the caramel. Will report later.

I'm not a fan of fake peach flavor so I probably won't like it. Thought cookies n cream tasted just like vanilla. Chocolates my favorite so I got that too.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Returned a vacuum I bought in 2017 because it broke but asked the desk if that was ok before I brought it in to return. They said it was fine so I returned it and bought a 3x more expensive so maybe it worked out for them in the end?

I did this with a carpet vacuum that ate its own cord and caught a small amount of poo poo when I thought it might be 6 months old and not an entire year

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
These Kirkland protein bars are really growing on me. I don't usually feel like eating breakfast, but I get really hungry around 10-11, and can't usually stop for lunch until 2ish. If you only eat these when you're actually hungry, they're fine. Weird stevia aftertaste, but if you're a diet soda drinker, not super unpalatable. It makes me feel like an astronaut eating space food.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

They're worse than almost every other protein bar Costco carries but they're still good when I run out of the rest I bought on sale. I have like 200 of em in the cupboard from January sale.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I really like the Quest protein bars and also the Robert Irvine Fit Cruch bars.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Enos Cabell posted:

Robert Irvine Fit Cruch bars.

these are so freakin good

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
I saw the Robert Irvine bars, but the man himself scares me a little bit. Might pick them up though, I couldn't remember at the time if you said they were good or not.

Edit: those things are 390 calories. No loving way, I can eat a real meal for that. Maybe next time I'm gearing up for a snowpocolypse or camping trip tho.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 26, 2020

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Hit a sample home run all in one aisle. Chicken nugget, spicy buffalo chicken dip, and tuna spread on a cracked. Never see more than one in an aisle let alone all good stuff.

PBUC

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Suspect Bucket posted:

I saw the Robert Irvine bars, but the man himself scares me a little bit. Might pick them up though, I couldn't remember at the time if you said they were good or not.

Edit: those things are 390 calories. No loving way, I can eat a real meal for that. Maybe next time I'm gearing up for a snowpocolypse or camping trip tho.

Those bars taste good for protein bars, but I agree, it's too much of a compromise. It's really a kind of bad tasting candy bar with added protein, which is fine if that's what you want.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

Where do you see that? They are 190 calories.

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 26, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Suspect Bucket posted:

I saw the Robert Irvine bars, but the man himself scares me a little bit.
The man built a career out of falsehoods and insanely ripped biceps.
Like, he claimed he was a royal cake baker for Queen Elizabeth at one point.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I had those Robert Irvine protein bars before and they taste better than most candy bars to me. Like, I still have a hard time believing them even after seeing the nutrition numerous times.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

RJWaters2 posted:

They're worse than almost every other protein bar Costco carries but they're still good when I run out of the rest I bought on sale. I have like 200 of em in the cupboard from January sale.

I'm assuming you mean taste wise? The chocolate brownie really did it for me for a while tho I don't do protein bars atm

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

My wife picked up a case of the caramel protein shake. She likes them,I think the flavor is off.

Not a fan of the Crunch bars, too much weird stuff and too sweet.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

Hoshi posted:

I'm assuming you mean taste wise? The chocolate brownie really did it for me for a while tho I don't do protein bars atm

Yeah that's only taste related. Nthing the Fit Crunch being the best tasting ahead of Clif Builder Mint flavor.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The ones I looked up online said 390. If the ones in Costco are 190,I'll grab em.

The problem is, if they taste too good, the BF will eat them constantly. That's why we have to ration out the Sweet And Salty bars.

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Those KS protein bars are a good cheaper alternative to Quest bars. Can't really compare them to other bars unless the alternative is going for low carb as well.

They are not the best tasting, but it's a solid snack if you are cutting carbs.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
How is the Wildbrine sauerkraut?

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Paul MaudDib posted:

How is the Wildbrine sauerkraut?

The big plastic jug with the green packaging? Fantastic :discourse:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dang, my serrano ham has started getting mold on the sliced parts of it. Theres not too much left though. Might just go for one last delve into the ham and then throw it into the ocean

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Dang, my serrano ham has started getting mold on the sliced parts of it. Theres not too much left though. Might just go for one last delve into the ham and then throw it into the ocean

Maybe you could make a stock with what's left?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Xaris posted:

Maybe you could make a stock with what's left?

Ehhh... There might be spores and stuff all over it, no? Would any of that survive the boiling?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Cut the mold off, it doesn't go very deep. Some people just wash it off the surface.

Boiling kills it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I vote ocean tossing it. gently caress making stock that sounds more badass

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I've barely put a dent on my ham. Kinda regretting it... Maybe I should return it.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Virigoth posted:

I vote ocean tossing it. gently caress making stock that sounds more badass

Its technically a strait, but theres definitely fish and crabs and stuff that will eat the ham scraps. I'll make a farewell video if I throw it in

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SirPablo posted:

I've barely put a dent on my ham. Kinda regretting it... Maybe I should return it.

and your christmas tree you disgusting PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

SirPablo posted:

If you aren’t enjoying it, send it back

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Talking to my three year old about how he's going to be a big brother soon. He said he would teach his new brother how to get samples at Costco.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

SirPablo posted:

I'll buy your second hand jamon. I will jump on that grenade.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I'll buy your second hand jamon. I will jump on that grenade.

Never considered the second hand jamón market... If you're in the Phoenix area, we could start it.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran

RJWaters2 posted:

REPORT:

Official ranking:
1. Vanilla
2. Cookies N. Creme
3. Peaches N. Creme
4. Chocolate

Never tried Caramel.

I stopped in yesterday and picked up a case each of Vanilla and Caramel since the sale was ending. Had a caramel this morning - like it better than Chocolate.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

FogHelmut posted:

Talking to my three year old about how he's going to be a big brother soon. He said he would teach his new brother how to get samples at Costco.

Kid has his priorities straight. Quality parenting. Congratulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Also, the Kirkland grass fed burgers are worth the $0.02 premium per ounce.