Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Assisted a friend on a delivery to MacFarlane once where the bandits weren't hostile, even when we started shooting them. Like, they'd start running around yelling bloody murder, but it was as if we had an invisibility cheat enabled. Very strange. I assume it's some weird desync issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Rockstar dropped the "beta" from the RDO title way too soon.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

If you stealth the moonshiner sabotage missions you can go back after leaving the red circle and ending the mission. The enemy NPCs will still be there but they won't react if you start murdering them and their friends.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So uh as someone who has this on console and is thinking of double dipping, is there an easy way to like get an endgame save but with only missable side stuff done? Cause I wouldn't mind doing the hunting/exploring/side quests again but not really into playing the whole story a second time.

nvm found poo poo, is the save editor safe to use if I don't touch multiplayer stuff? sorted

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 26, 2020

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Sleekly posted:

it takes real effort to maintain bad honour. no matter what poo poo i get up to I'm always way near max good guy

Yeah, this is definitely true. That's why I used a free honor change that came with the outlaw pass. Also why I have to sacrifice like fifteen npcs every time I feed my horse. Gonna have fun explaining it to a jury, lol.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
28 Day Streak COMPLETED! And the reward?

I got a rock buckle.

(Also XP and I think cash, weee.)

Oh hey, what's new this morning? Remember all those days when you got the Supply Run dailies autocompleted? Guess they fixed that poo poo, and reverted back to whatever negative number of runs you'd have. Protect the supplier? Completed - out of supplies. Find the wrecked wagon three wolf goons? Completed - out of supplies. Wolf trek again? Completed - out of supplies. loving just *buy* some? Completed - out of supplies.

Beta Dead Redemption Online

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

The only point of the streak is the gold multiplier for daily missions. Those add up quite nicely.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah goes up to 1/2 a gold per daily. From... 1/5 a gold per, I think.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jan 26, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Yup and when you have all roles unlocked you get extra challenges so you can really pile on the gold, up to 10 per day I think; I never bother, just do whatever happens to be easy or fun, and get about 2-3 gold at maximum multiplier just from dailies.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
All the buckles you get from challenges look stupid as gently caress.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I had an incredible run at poker A-A, K-K, Q-J and a 10-9 that I turned into a straight. Won ~60$ in 4 hands. Then when I left the table the money never showed up in my bankroll. Boo, Rockstar! Boo!

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Every time i see people post about RDO it makes me think that if im still having fun in single player, that i should just stay there as long as i can.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Single Player is good. Worth doing all the things in it for 100% + Achievements and learning all the ins and outs of all the guns there where it’s easy and cheap.

Keeping up with dailies on multiplayer. Not going too crazy with it. But worth building up that gold and daily streaks.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Peacoffee posted:

Every time i see people post about RDO it makes me think that if im still having fun in single player, that i should just stay there as long as i can.

I think it makes total sense to do singleplayer first then transition to multiplayer. Kinda wish I had done that.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Replaying single player, and my favorite non-mission is just heading out to save Sean. The actual saving Sean mission is pretty basic-- but that first time you have a big over night adventure to go on, making pitstops to play cards, running into trouble, finding a bunch of strangers--There's a feel to it that I'm not sure the game ever fully recaptures.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Peacoffee posted:

That is correct. Online is so stupid because it has amazing potential, but it's constantly undermined by their terrible network issues.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

Replaying single player, and my favorite non-mission is just heading out to save Sean. The actual saving Sean mission is pretty basic-- but that first time you have a big over night adventure to go on, making pitstops to play cards, running into trouble, finding a bunch of strangers--There's a feel to it that I'm not sure the game ever fully recaptures.

'go and take Lenny for a quiet drink'

that mission and the one in Witcher 3 where you get wasted and have a witcher party are spiritually the same thing

i get what you mean, some of the story moments are really immersive and i didnt realise how invested in it all I'd become.

storywise i dreaded anything that took me to Annesburg. it was very well done, and well placed in such a lovely place where its sink or swim but swimming means stomping over everyone around you as well as the ground itself being poisoned and awful

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
The things that are in multiplayer feel like they could have been implemented in the post game of single player and they'd be great. End with John, then start the post game with the mutliplayer scenario. You now have a camp that you can upgrade that you can move around, you can become a bootlegger, trader, continue to bounty hunt. While keeping all the content that they took out of the game for multiplayer presumably so they can either sell it back to you at a later date, or scale it down.

There's so much about multiplayer that's good but being saddled with the lovely net code and hackers is just frustrating as all hell.

Sleekly posted:

storywise i dreaded anything that took me to Annesburg. it was very well done, and well placed in such a lovely place where its sink or swim but swimming means stomping over everyone around you as well as the ground itself being poisoned and awful

I hate Annesburg because I can't ride my horse through the hills because the horse can't handle tree stumps. Great way to get me to be pissed off at clear-cutting by having my horse send my flying every time I wander off the lovely windy roads.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 27, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
So i'm in Chapter 2 and i'm loving this game. Question, though: this is one of those games where it says it's Windowed Borderless but every time I alt tab it flickers like it's a fullscreen program that's losing focus. That in itself isn't bad, but also programs like ShareX or OBS, which is supposed to go off what's showing at the moment, tend to have like a freeze frame of what's last being showed, until you futz around with focus. Think, like, when Discord doesn't automatically scroll down for a bit.

Also, I do have two monitors and i'm a serial alt-tabber so this is a pain in the rear end. Is there anyway to force it to function as a proper borderless windowed game?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Affi posted:

Is trader really just “bring animals to camp”, “get supplies once a day” and “do extremely long wagon missions every once in a while for 50 bucks”
yes though the payout increases the more goods you sell at a time. the breakpoints are kind of absurd too: a local delivery with a large wagon fully loaded with 100 goods will get you $500, but 99 goods will get you $399.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

After doing some Googling I'm 90% sure the answer is "no", but hope it's ok if I ask anyway: there's no way to transfer single player saves from Xbox One to PC, correct?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

lol what did u do? never got RDR hate mail.
almost everyday in GTA of course lol

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Sent from my iPad posted:

After doing some Googling I'm 90% sure the answer is "no", but hope it's ok if I ask anyway: there's no way to transfer single player saves from Xbox One to PC, correct?

Nope, gotta start fresh. Really not looking forward to doing those gambler challenges again :shepface:

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Capn Beeb posted:

Nope, gotta start fresh. Really not looking forward to doing those gambler challenges again :shepface:
:smith: Thanks.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The only gambler one that sucked was the Blackjack "win a hand where you hit at least 3 times... three times total." But that one is the loving worst of any challenge.

Once your past it, winning a few games of dominoes in a row isn't so bad.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
It's not so bad if you just hit like crazy on every hand, skip every animation, and hope for the best.

Knocking people out in holdem takes a bit more finesse and hopes that someone can get set up and in place to go out. Nice that you can keep buying in when you push and they hit nuts on the river over and over....

I did hear some in game voice line that suggested opponents are more likely to call, and presumably with worse hands, the longer you're at the table.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

speaking of gambler I like my custom "The Gambler Outfit"

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Is there a way I can still be in my red Shotgun Coat and still be suited for colder weather? :(

Many items will say 'pair with other items to keep warm!' but I have gloves, chaps, nice boots, a vest and neckerchief and still not warm enough

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Some are warmer than others. So, like, the sheepskin vest offers more warmth than other vests.
Try this list to get you started.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/ag.hyperxgaming.com/article/8506/warm-clothes-in-red-dead-online%3famphtml=1

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Morter posted:

Is there a way I can still be in my red Shotgun Coat and still be suited for colder weather? :(

Many items will say 'pair with other items to keep warm!' but I have gloves, chaps, nice boots, a vest and neckerchief and still not warm enough

Some shirt(s) can also warm you up. I forget which one off the top of my head, but I know at least one mentions something about warmth if you read the actual catalog. I used it to successfully bump up the protection on a few outfits that otherwise weren't cutting it.

If you can't find it I'll check and post later tonight when I'm home.

E: Sorta beaten, try some on that list and see if it works.

PlisskensEyePatch
Oct 10, 2012
I popped into single player after a long long pause and Rockstar ported some stuff from Online. Haven't messed with SP in a long long time so I was surprised.

Evans repeater, Lemat, and a new automatic pistol like the 1903 from RDR are in the gunships, but gated.

Guess they updated SP with some things after the PC port launched?

On Xbone.

PlisskensEyePatch fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jan 28, 2020

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

They sure did. Except the M1899 pistol sadly isn't even in online (yet, hopefully)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Morter posted:

To answer your question in particular, yes. It's worth 1 point and you need 3 more points of warmth to be suitable for cold weather. I've been working on the warmth problem for a little bit now. It's been such a pain googling around and experimenting.

Different pieces of clothing have different warmth points. Your total depends on how warm the outfit is.

• If your total is 0 to 2 points, the clothing is suitable for Hot weather. Roughly 72 degrees+
  • If your total is 3, it's suitable for Average temperature.
  • If it's 4+, it's suitable for Cold weather, somewhere below 50 degrees.

The in-game list of clothing sometimes tells you if clothing is warm. You can use the Social Club website and look at the catalogue. It will be unclear how many warmth points each item is worth though unless you know the language.

• Slightly Warm is 1 point.
  • Reasonably Warm is 2 points.
  • Warm is 3 points.
  • Very Warm is 4 points.

Guidelines per type:

• All Coats are worth some amount of points. Between 2 and 4. I'm haven't scanned through them all to see if there were any 1 point coats.
  • All Ponchos except the Rebellion and Torras have 1 warmth.
  • At least three Hats have warmth. Woolen (1), Bartley (2), Sobol (2).
  • No Pants have any warmth.
  • All Gloves have 1 warmth. Doesn't matter if the fingers cut off or they're thick winter gloves. All 1.
  • Some Shirts have 1 warmth. Donegal Sweater, Farley Shirt, Lautnip Shirt, Stringham Shirt, Tillson Sweater, Wool Shirt, Woolen Sweater.
  • Some Vests have warmth and a few of them are variable based on the color/fabric.
  • Warm Boots: Strayhorn (2 points). Aguirre, Salter, Cerrada, Millard, Hightop (all 1 point).

There are a couple other random warm items here and there. But like I said in the vest section, Rockstar did change the warmth value on some items based on color/fabric, so look at out for that on the Social Club website before you spend your money. Just. So. Dumb.

:rockstar:

and some tips:

Warm boots look like poo poo? Throw some halfchaps over them. Not all boots can be covered this way though. The Hightop Moccasins can't.

There's a couple scarves. The Neck Scarf says it's warm in it's description and looks low key enough that you might think it'd be good for a free warmth point. It does not have any warmth. Someone must have entered a variable wrong. The other, the Inglett Scarf, does provide 1 warmth, but it looks frizzy and ridiculous. You may like it though?

Hey look, I provided Red Dead Online info without turning it into a youtube video like everyone else does for that sweet google money. Like and Subscribe.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 28, 2020

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Thank you for all the tips. Great stuff!

And yeah I wanted to be suitable for slightly chilly weather (ie: Valentine) without sacrificing my mostly ideal look

:clint:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I came at it from a Red Dead Online perspective, but you still get the general idea for Single Player as well.

I'm having the hardest time getting the Average Temp Outfit looking right. I just can't get that extra point and still have my look.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jan 28, 2020

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Finally beat the story at 92 hours. God drat that was cool what's this online all about

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
So I cleaned that up a bit and put it on the Red Dead Wiki and the administrator deleted it, calling it "irrelevant" and "nonsense." :downs:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Zesty posted:

Hey look, I provided Red Dead Online info without turning it into a youtube video like everyone else does for that sweet google money. Like and Subscribe.

Thanks a lot for this. We need more people like you because I can't really watch Youtube videos at work, but I can sure read a wall of text. Youtube has ruined the existence of people that like to read and are sort of bothered by random people speaking.

"here's a 5 minute long video about how to find a fence to jump over with your horse for today's daily challenge! Nevermind that you can literally ride for 30-60 seconds in any direction and you'll find a fence, you HAVE to see my video about it"

Zesty posted:

So I cleaned that up a bit and put it on the Red Dead Wiki and the administrator deleted it, calling it "irrelevant" and "nonsense." :downs:

... oh. :smith:

Am I the only one who's still basically rocking the starter/newbie outfit? Rank 56 now and I wear a leather jacket (switch to sheepskin jacket when cold), leather gloves, stalker hat, some basic pants and shirt, and preacher's boots - probably worth 100$ in total, less than what a single proper clothing item would cost :v: the only fancy thing I wear is the Ruby buckle from the Outlaw Pass because heck that's cool.

But I spent a ton of money making my camp pretty because eeeeh :v: I got the Collector theme because I love the idea of trinkets and stuff (somehow seems better than the Trader one that has EVEN MORE dead animals, guts and bones around since Cripps already leaves that poo poo in plain sight all the time), and I honestly can't wait to be able to afford a better tent, deluxe campfire, other themes and so on.

I'm eyeing the compass and gun belt from the Collector unique items, too, but money is kinda hard to come by in online. Collector can make a LOT of cash depending on what collections you can finish in relatively short time, but it's kinda exhausting going after a complete set from scratch

Trader nets a cool 500$ per full large wagon but it's slow to get there, have to hunt and resupply for quite a bit of time and I generally manage to do only one run every couple of days if I'm lucky and actually spend time on it, some days I can't be bothered at all

Moonshiner isn't there for making cash, at least starting out, it's probably the better and more well-thought role but 60-80$ per shipment after you have spent 10-30$ on mash, waited 30 minutes, used up ingredients for flavoring, made a couple bootlegger missions, probably killed a bunch of people, then drove a cart like the trader only YOU CAN'T HIT THE TINY ROCKS is almost insulting

Bounty Hunter hahahahha 6,50$ per bounty, oh well if you wait around 3-4 minutes to run the countdown near zero you get a big fat 10$ instead, screw youuuu

TorakFade fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Jan 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Clothing is expensive so it becomes easy to get used to starter gear. My favorite outfit is mostly what I got very early on even though I can afford and have experimented with more.

My new outfits for different temperatures are just variants on it. If I remember, I’ll post it tomorrow.