Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sorry Meinberg.

Podima posted:

Poque, you have achieved the dubious fortune of guaranteed membership for this game's jury if you are evicted. As a juror, what criteria will you base your vote for a winner upon?

Sorry for the delay. What would the fun be if I revealed that? But really it's like Somber said, no votes for goats.

We might be long past any sort of goat phase though, errybody playin' this game and it's very cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Welcome back. I hope the brief break allowed you to refresh yourselves in anticipation of the upcoming challenge. As you well know by now, you are forbidden from communicating with your fellow contestants anywhere but here until the results of this challenge are revealed. Poque, as outgoing Head of Household you are regrettably ineligible to compete in this week's Head of Household challenge.

Today's challenge has been humorously entitled... Loopy.

Instructions:

At 8:10 precisely, you will be given a puzzle grid. You must make a single, closed loop within that grid. The loop will not cross itself and corners will not touch.

Some of the grid spaces will contain numbers as clues. These numbers indicate how many of the edges of that space form part of the loop. For examp,e if there is a 3, then 3 of the 4 sides will have lines - and conversely if there is a 0, then none of its sides have lines.

The loop you draw will go through spaces with and without numbers, but must correctly satisfy all of the clues to be the correct solution. Numbers can be both inside and outside the loop, as long as they are correct.

There is only one unique solution for the puzzle. When you believe you have solved it, post a picture of your solution in your confessional. If you are wrong I will inform you promptly, but you will certainly not be the only one submitting a response... so be sure that you're right before consuming my valuable time. The first person to submit a correct solution has secured their position as this week's Head of Household.

Examples:

If I provide you with this:

You should produce this solution:

Some hints to consider carefully:
- Start with any 0s, then look for lines which would lead to dead ends and eliminate them from consideration. Since it is a closed loop, there will be no dangling ends. Please refrain from the obvious crude humor.
- When you create a corner, you may also eliminate the other two lines going into that corner, since the loop will not touch itself. Would that you all were more diligent in following its example.

If you have questions, the time to ask is now.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Can I please see the answer key to double check that it's right before we start kupo

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

curiousCat posted:

Can I please see the answer key to double check that it's right before we start kupo

No.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fine, i'll settle for AFTER we start

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Here is your challenge to surmount:

Remember to put your solution in your confessional for consideration.

You would be well advised to begin deliberations at your earliest convenience.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

how about now

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The victor and your new head of household is...

Somberbrero. You have my most sincere congratulations and condolences. Your new dwellings will be prepared shortly. In the meantime, please perform the usual task of excusing yourself from any conversations outside of the main household.

It has been a marginally enjoyable experience hosting this day's events for you. I look forward to seeing how events continue to develop from here. Until next time, farewell.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
im very wise like a strong old owl

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to the nomination ceremony! You've all made it to jury, which means evictions come with harsher consequences as you are voting out someone who you may want to vote for you to win this game.

Let's get started!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SalTheBard, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Sniper, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Steak, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

curiousCat, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Poque, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Last key!

The Lord of Hats, you are safe.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Teland and Kashuno, you have been nominated for eviction. Somber, if you'd like to say a few words explaining your nominations you may do so now.

Teland and Kashuno, you still have a chance to save yourselves. You, along with Somber, will be competing in the Veto competition along with 3 other houseguests.

The other three players have been determined by RNG and are :rolldice:

curiousCat
SalTheBard
Sniper4625

I will see the 6 of you at 8PM EST. Good luck!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hello!

I do not have much to say about these nominations. I do not believe either candidate should be very much surprised by this decision. I did not make my choice quickly or easily, despite voting against Kashuno last round. I think both people in the HoH room will confirm it was a process to come to this decision.

This is a stressful and unpleasant part of the game. I'll own my part in it and my decisions, but please know this isn't fun for me. Good luck to everyone involved.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's almost time for the Power of Veto competition...

Teland, you won an advantage in this competition which you may give to any player you wish. Who will you give it to?

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

I'll keep it all to myself.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Teland has chosen to keep the advantage to herself. Let's see what it's gotten her.

It's time for the Power of Veto challenge!

This challenge is called...GetTen.

Instructions

You will be given a link to a flash game. You simply have to get the highest score you can by 8:30PM EST. Submit a screenshot of your best attempt to me via your confessional before that deadline.

Your screenshot must include the current time. Do not post your score anywhere else. Any screenshots after 8:30 will not count.

Only one submission is allowed, so make sure it's your best attempt.

Teland's advantage is that she gets a 5 minute head start. While everyone else must wait until 8:10, she will get the link at 8:05. There is to be no talking after 8:05.

The highest score wins the Power of Veto.

Asiina fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 5, 2020

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
The game is....Get 10

https://www.coolmathgames.com/0-get-10

Good luck everyone!

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know im not competing, but i want to clear something up for myself regarding the "highest score by X time" challenges. i've been playing under the assumption that the timestamp has to be before 8:30 AND the screenshot had to be sent in confessional by 8:30 as well. for example if i posted a highscore with a timestamp of 8:29 and sent it to you at 8:32 it would be disqualified. but is that not the case? just checking for next time i play. thus far ive been stopping like 5-3 minutes before deadline just to make sure i send my screenshot in time

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You have to send your screenshot before the deadline, so you've been doing it right.

The timestamps are a way of verifying that it's you who actually got that score and you didn't like google "robot unicorn attack high score" or something like that. We hope people don't cheat, but better to put in safeguards where we can.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Time is up!

In third place, with 14,402 points....is Teland!

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

Oh jeez I was so nervous!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In second place, with 16,881 points...is curiousCat.

Teland
Apr 6, 2018

ugh

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Tch.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
the only challenge for me is the social challenge

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
And in first place and the winner of the Power of Veto with 22,521 points is...

Somberbrero!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
taste blood

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

can I point out the GET 10 CHEATS tab in somber's screenshot

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

curiousCat posted:

LOL

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

curiousCat posted:

i spend a couple minutes at the start of each challenge googling if there's an easy strategy :colbert:

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I want to know more about Ash Ventura, Pokemon Something.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is the link in that tab, which doesn't apply to the browser version which Somber used: https://www.mobagamesunlimited.com/2014/11/just-get-10-cheats-insta-lives-and.html

But also please do not attempt to cheat at challenges or even joke about cheating. There's a lot about these games that rely on people respecting the game integrity because I can't meaningfully stop you if you're determined to cheat, so please don't.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
for context, i googled to see if there was a strategy or system to the game at the start of the challenge and clicked this link, then moved on when i saw it wasn't actually a strategy guide

i understand this isn't personal but it is upsetting. moving on.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I am also upset by daily allotment of lives to play a flash game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
message Alrighty well, i'm vetoing my nomination of Teland and putting up curiousCat.

Cat's smarter than me, stronger at challenges than me, and frankly a better conversationalist. I have no doubt Cat would win this game if given the opportunity, so I am trying not to give her that opportunity. People are afraid to come at Cat and miss. If this is a miss, I am sure I'll be heading home sometime soon. If not, someone had to do it. Send.