Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

also I'm totally town, guys. Do you think 2 penny would've given me that much poo poo if I was scum? The unfortunate truth is that I am a bad player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh wait 2penny was scum. lmao i literally forgot

charms
Oct 14, 2012

hambeet posted:

it’s lucky that not a single one of steaks three votes were on Penny the flipped scum with a revenge ability.

Yes, because if Mr. Steak is town then he would've had a chance at getting shot by 2PBI

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
but yeah, the retribution ability wont illuminate anything about vote patterns, so anyone who tries to read into that is probably scum looking for a fake case.

the only ones who'd know about it, and hence the only ones whose behavior would change *at all* from knowing it, are the other scum. and the other scum had literally nothing to worry about. soo... i'd like to know what you're trying to imply, hambeet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

oh wait 2penny was scum. lmao i literally forgot

where is that massive rolleye gif when you need it

charms posted:

Yes, because if Mr. Steak is town then he would've had a chance at getting shot by 2PBI

I know right! Imagine also if he was scum too, he now doesn’t have to explain why he the triple voter wasn’t revenge killed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

but yeah, the retribution ability wont illuminate anything about vote patterns, so anyone who tries to read into that is probably scum looking for a fake case.

the only ones who'd know about it, and hence the only ones whose behavior would change *at all* from knowing it, are the other scum. and the other scum had literally nothing to worry about. soo... i'd like to know what you're trying to imply, hambeet

I’m saying you’re very lucky mr steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyway, i find it weird that nobody got hardly any votes on them yesterday except 2penny. scum must have just cut their losses and gone for the equal exchange (even though its not equal at all and way more beneficial to town than scum)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote sal

sorry not sorry your scumbuddy died

:rolleyes:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
##vote b-minus1
Same case as yesterday and 2penny flipping scum makes the case stronger. Binus was bussing/distancing 2penny, 2penny was trying to fakecase Leith weirdly around the binus 5-vote gambit.
I will pull out all the quotes if necessary when not phone posting, but I recommend doing a re-read of binus and 2penny and see if you see the interactions.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Lumpen posted:

##vote b-minus1
Same case as yesterday and 2penny flipping scum makes the case stronger. Binus was bussing/distancing 2penny, 2penny was trying to fakecase Leith weirdly around the binus 5-vote gambit.
I will pull out all the quotes if necessary when not phone posting, but I recommend doing a re-read of binus and 2penny and see if you see the interactions.

Holy poo poo lol. Have fun with that

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote sal

sorry not sorry your scumbuddy died

I looked at your posts. Case me or gently caress off

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote binus

My action failed but I also targeted lumpen so I’m guessing he got jailed.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hello friends.

Whoever Byzantium is killed Austria last night.

:*

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Retro Futurist posted:

##vote binus

My action failed but I also targeted lumpen so I’m guessing he got jailed.

Is this a joke?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Why the gently caress are people voting me.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway, i find it weird that nobody got hardly any votes on them yesterday except 2penny. scum must have just cut their losses and gone for the equal exchange (even though its not equal at all and way more beneficial to town than scum)

I've been thinking about this and yeah I'd have expected a more fullthroated attempt on someone - then you couple it with this:

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Alright gonna throw this out there - I am a survivor. my flavour is 'pirates'. I hinted this earliwr when I said I got a Destiny's Chikd song (im a survivor) off napster (pirates). On death, I revenge kill someone who votes me. I have no target country to gain power, meaning the revenge kill is just pure dickishness. Pretty funny.

I will happily push to win with town.

I would prefer to make it to the end and win myself. As is, I will go down in flames with someone near and dear to my heart...

makes me think the scumteam are inexperienced or inactive otherwise they would have called these out.

so I'm going to ##vote charms

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

CapitalistPig posted:

Hello friends.

Whoever Byzantium is killed Austria last night.

:*

This is super weird since I thought it was clear that 2penny had revenge-killed Ilegallysober. AA wasn't voting them.

Amnistar posted:

IllegallySober, Independent Nation-Aligned Austria has beeen invaded.

Amnistar posted:

2 Penny Bottle Imp, Secret-Alliance Aligned France has been Exiled.

French Foreign Legion - If you are the target of any daykill (including being Axed), when you die you can select one of the people voting you to nightkill that night as revenge.

So either 2penny's revenge kill didn't go off and this is another kill, or you're messing with us or your results are wrong. I read 'Axed' as voted out here but who knows...

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I'm surprised that 2 penny didn't revenge kill me.

I think that is a interesting observation about cpig from xiw but cpig gave that information up without prompting which is odd....

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cpig could have still seen someone visit IS and misunderstood the night results

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i find it funny that one of them says "power-up target" and the other says "upgrade target"

charms
Oct 14, 2012

xiw posted:

makes me think the scumteam are inexperienced or inactive otherwise they would have called these out.

so I'm going to ##vote charms

You didn't see me catching them contradicting the premise of the game just before the hammer?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

cpig could have still seen someone visit IS and misunderstood the night results

This could actually be what happened. Sorry. I didn't put 2 and 2 together for some reason.

This just means that whoever byzantium is visited is last night.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

charms posted:

You didn't see me catching them contradicting the premise of the game just before the hammer?

I saw that. It’s still possible you are scum and you guys came up with a way to give yourself town cred before the inevitable lunch. FWIW, i have a null read on you right now.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

b-minus1 (3): Lumpen, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (2): Eat The Rich, Mr. Steak
charms (1): xiw

Not Voting (8): b-minus1, CapitalistPig, charms, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 2 days.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

Dont take any meaning from the different ways I said targets.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
why are other people voting my town reads? stop that. my votes are only there so they have a watch on them tonight.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Steak posted:

why are other people voting my town reads? stop that. my votes are only there so they have a watch on them tonight.

Lumpen still thinks I’m scum lol. Dunno what’s up with Rf

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

Can you not change those once you vote them?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Can you not change those once you vote them?

no i definitely can.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the text of the ability update technically COULD mean that literally anybody i vote during the day gets the watch, but i THINK it's supposed to just mean everyone i'm currently voting when the day ends.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Why the gently caress are people voting me.

Cause you still haven't said what information you got when 5 people voted for you. That was a central point in yesterday's discussions.

##vote b-

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

b-minus1 posted:

Lumpen still thinks I’m scum lol. Dunno what’s up with Rf

Rf also still thinks you’re scum

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

sure are a lot of watchers in this game

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

I looked at your posts. Case me or gently caress off

Lol what posts

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Humalong posted:

sure are a lot of watchers in this game

Are there though?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

Lol what posts

Exactly. Your "case" on me is not existent but you keep voting for me. Reviewing your posts does not show any content thoughts. So case me or gently caress off and vote for actual scum

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Leith Maclaine posted:

Cause you still haven't said what information you got when 5 people voted for you. That was a central point in yesterday's discussions.

##vote b-

Jfc it didn’t do a drat thing I was just loving around. Good god, I usually don’t take these games that seriously but I wil legitimately be pissed if I am lunched the day after leading everyone to dunking a scum. Seriously wtf is going on here. I hope the people voting me are scum because there is no excuse for this terrible play by some of you.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

binus almost definitely is not scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote binus because while i'd like a watch on him tonight, i'd rather he doesnt die before then

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Jfc it didn’t do a drat thing I was just loving around. Good god, I usually don’t take these games that seriously but I wil legitimately be pissed if I am lunched the day after leading everyone to dunking a scum. Seriously wtf is going on here. I hope the people voting me are scum because there is no excuse for this terrible play by some of you.

Finally, there was no power. That's an answer.

##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Leith Maclaine posted:

Finally, there was no power. That's an answer.

##unvote

Omg this shocking revelation who could have seen it coming