Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

If they wanted somewhere to film that was basically a shithole no one cared about they could have just filmed it in Idaho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I haven't actually seen TROS yet is it up for rent or streaming on Netflix or something yet

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Zoran posted:

Basically, this:

The ethos of TLJ is ultimately that we should see the rot underpinning the surface conflict—the problems of child slavery, war profiteering, and the like that were even tolerated under the New Republic—and then conclude: never mind that, the struggle between two paramilitary factions that no one seems to care too much about is in fact the most important thing in the world. It's tepid post-Cold-War liberalism in film form, making token gestures at real issues while offering nothing and glorifying constant retreat in the face of fascism.

horseshoe theory, but for thinking TLJ is bad

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

reignofevil posted:

But the first order have windows.

Space can be quite bright, and First Order workplace safety regulations ban looking out the window.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

this is a bad movie imo

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Badger of Basra posted:

horseshoe theory, but for thinking TLJ is bad

Horseshoe theory is exactly the sort of dipshit liberalism he's talking about

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
might i recommend an arctic dunes planet a la Kobuk Valley? hello

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Could have done american midwest planet if JJ really wanted a film about gobbling up cultural detritus.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Barudak posted:

Could have done american midwest planet if JJ really wanted a film about gobbling up cultural detritus.

That's Dantooine

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
https://twitter.com/saltydkdan/status/1221265239850848257

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Remember how in TROS you can suddenly just force heal peoples fatal wounds? Would have been neat if the Jedi of the past thousand years knew that.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Force Heal was lost when KOTOR was declared non canon.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Barudak posted:

Remember how in TROS you can suddenly just force heal peoples fatal wounds? Would have been neat if the Jedi of the past thousand years knew that.

Yeah, but the Jedi were all rear end in a top hat snobs. They probably did know how to do it, but were like "gently caress that I'm not wasting my life healing every sick person that I encounter. I've got sick flips and laser sword spins to do :lofty:"

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Remember when Finn went into a coma and nobody force healed him. He didn't even wake up until they were losing the war.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Force heal coulda been real good for saving anakin's mom

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... bullshit.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Was actually an interesting idea that physical healing, maintaining and creating life are specifically a Dark Side power.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Was actually an interesting idea that physical healing, maintaining and creating life are specifically a Dark Side power.

have i ever told you the story of darth plagueis the wise?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Agnostalgia posted:

have i ever told you the story of darth plagueis the wise?

I don't remember it but I've heard just about every story the Jedi would tell me so most likely.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
How did Kylo Ren get back to exogol, when a) he broke the wayfinder and b) tie/ln are not equipped with hyperdrives?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

HootTheOwl posted:

How did Kylo Ren get back to exogol, when a) he broke the wayfinder and b) tie/ln are not equipped with hyperdrives?

Innate sith knowledge / force link to Rey. First Order TIEs have hyperdrives. The whole trilogy made a mess of cannon, but with Disney de-cannonizing everything not on film I guess you could argue that TIEs don't canonically not have a hyperdrive anymore.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

HootTheOwl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzSdfKS1w4

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Who made the dagger? When did they make the dagger?
And did they need a loving pointer to "the throne room"?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

ItBreathes posted:

Innate sith knowledge / force link to Rey. First Order TIEs have hyperdrives. The whole trilogy made a mess of cannon, but with Disney de-cannonizing everything not on film I guess you could argue that TIEs don't canonically not have a hyperdrive anymore.

it's an old imperial tie and those are established as being short-range, incapable of going far on their own, in dialog in ANH

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ItBreathes posted:

It's not a first order TIE because he finds it after abandoning the first order while at Endor. Also the coloring is off when he lands.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I wasn't really being all that serious, though I wouldn't be surprised if the force link was the actual explanation.

How did a wimpy little TIE survive the explosion and crash?

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Yeah, the whole bog standard TIE being the ship that brought Kylo to the magical place thats almost impossible to get to (except literally everyone was able to get there) was, to me at least, the most obvious sign that nobody that actually likes Star Wars was involved in this Star Wars movie. Or anyone with enough foresight to go "hey remember that plot point we talked about earlier, should we like, you know, go through the movie and make sure everything is kinda vaguely consistent with it?"

I get why the shot existed, fan service of OMG CLASSIC TIE AND XWING NEXT TO EACH OTHER FOR THE LAST TIME but... not really worth it.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

the audio was kind of hosed up/muffled in my theater, so every time someone said “Exagol” it sounded vaguely like “testicle”

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Rock My Socks! posted:

the audio was kind of hosed up/muffled in my theater, so every time someone said “Exagol” it sounded vaguely like “testicle”

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Sith is stored in the balls

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

HootTheOwl posted:

I have a completely unsubstantiated theory that it was originally supposed to be Vader's TIE, but that it was vetoed in favor of a normal TIE for some reason.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

what does palpatines dick and balls look like

does he shoot lightening out of it

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

RBC posted:

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RBC posted:

Have you heard the story of Darth Gigantus, the hung?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I mean, he was a senator, if you wanna know what his d&b look like just become an intern.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its not like he was married or had any long-term partner ever shown, and hes a popular figure. Sheevs out there on the cover of the Galactic Daily getting photographed with two Twiliks jiggling his death stars and his PR is running overtime at this scandal that there werent three there.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

RBC posted:

check the ms paint thread

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

dudeness posted:

I mean, he was a senator, if you wanna know what his d&b look like just become an intern.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I bet palpo force-choked himself during his sexhaving, it's the only way to get him there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
He's got that Palpa:weiner: