Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
why do people hate on s3 and 4 so much

s3 maybe didn't have enough plot for a 13 episode run and s4 couldn't decide its tone i guess but Prince is so good that it easily makes up the difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Utgardaloki posted:

why do people hate on s3 and 4 so much

s3 maybe didn't have enough plot for a 13 episode run and s4 couldn't decide its tone i guess but Prince is so good that it easily makes up the difference
If you watch 2 seasons of bizarre dark comedy, it'd be hard to imagine a complete heel turn into bizarre....serious? It was definitely jarring and I could see how folks wouldn't like it.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Prince’s lip ring in S3 dramatically warped my perception of how cool facial piercings were, and now as an adult I have over 15 piercings and still can trace all of them back to 16 year old me staying up to watch Lexx on the Sci-Fi channel and thinking “drat that dude is so badass and he gets mad chicks, I’m gonna have so many lip rings when I get older.”

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Prince’s lip ring in S3 dramatically warped my perception of how cool facial piercings were, and now as an adult I have over 15 piercings and still can trace all of them back to 16 year old me staying up to watch Lexx on the Sci-Fi channel and thinking “drat that dude is so badass and he gets mad chicks, I’m gonna have so many lip rings when I get older.”

Lexx was the sexual awakening for more than a few goons and hell I'm glad I stayed up late to watch scifi too

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Lexx, man.
loving Lexx.
Wow.

I need to rewatch that poo poo.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Do it. For Taterhole.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

What type of piercing do you got

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Metapod posted:

What type of piercing do you got

I have 5/8 gagues in both ears, two cartilage earrings, my septum (in between ur nostrils), three in my bottom lip, my tongue, both nipples, my navel, and two in the wiener.

Basically don't let your kids watch Canadian import Sci-Fi

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

I have 5/8 gagues in both ears, two cartilage earrings, my septum (in between ur nostrils), three in my bottom lip, my tongue, both nipples, my navel, and two in the wiener.

LEXX

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Bust Rodd posted:

Fixed that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRdGuCdmYng

Finger Prince posted:

Lexx, man.
loving Lexx.
Wow.

I need to rewatch that poo poo.

Do it. A lot of it is up on youtube since nobody gives a poo poo.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah all of it is on youtube because imagine how embarrassing it would be to file a dmca notice for loving Lexx

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Note: I own the complete Lexx box set

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to watch lexx

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I'm going to watch lexx

good

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I'm going to watch lexx

It's really good

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I felt inspired to rewatch and drat Zev is hot

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So far I like how loving weird it is

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

fondly remembering the second lexx episode/movie that featured, among other things, a hologram of tim curry attempting to mpreg stanley tweedle

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Reene posted:

fondly remembering the second lexx episode/movie that featured, among other things, a hologram of tim curry attempting to mpreg stanley tweedle

Folks liked to throw "the golden age of tv" around during the 2010s but something like that would never get broadcast

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TV sucks now more than ever, lexx still weird and good

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Newfoundland but in Space

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
Imaginative, but definitely not for me.

Both Zev & Xev are hot.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Stanley is creepy

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Stanley is the goon self insert: a creepy cuck who loves space

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
7-90 is the proto-goon ur-Troll, a horny decapitant who can only shitpost in real time as he is forced to watch his hot friends do cool stuff

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

noted goon stereotype: has been beheaded

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
You can't say our little sexually fluid, mortality challenged corner of the human mind hive doesn't have a troubled history with spines.

I remember catching Lexx on Sci-Fi as a preteen or teenager and all I remember is how nihilistic and depressing it was. 7-90 was a horndog mess of a head that was physically bound from ever meeting his lusty dreams, Stanley was also a horndog, but an old, weak, unattractive cowardly loser with nothing going for him that would never find personal fulfillment, Kai was the dark brooding edgelord with the talent and looks but total inability to enjoy anything, and Zev/Xev was a depressed sex slave who fell in love with the loveless edgelord. One of the bad guys wanted to replace all matter in the universe with pointless, destructive copies of one of his arms. I wasn't convinced it wasn't an extremely Canadian view of hell. Then they went to Earth and America WAS hell.

The only other particular event I recall is that, at some point, Stanley got captured, kidnapped or just lost and was hooked up to a stairmaster to generate electricity that would drop a saw on him if he ever stopped pedaling. Definitely hell.

Dr. Red Ranger fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 31, 2020

RoboJoe
Dec 30, 2006

We cleanse.
You are the filth.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Stanley was also a horndog, but an old, weak, unattractive cowardly loser with nothing going for him that would never find personal fulfillment

Apparently I based my life off Stanley, why did I ever watch Lexx

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

RoboJoe posted:

Apparently I based my life off Stanley, why did I ever watch Lexx

I have to admit Lexx gave me a deep, inescapable fear of becoming a Stanley. It's like a scared straight program for underachievers.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Dieter Laser (aka Mantrid, aka human centipede guy) is such a weird B movie mainstay.

He writes screenplays!

My favorite thing about Lexx is the sets. Some of the visual effects are pretty bad, but the sets are so insanely detailed and stylistically distinct. It really adds to the bizarre sexual fever dream feel of the show.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

I legit thought that was a s4 episode script for a second there

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
looking back, did they do mushrooms or acid when coming up with it?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liking this better than Farscape, very weird stuff

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I never got into Farscape, I think I watched one or two episodes.

What is Farscape’s “shtick” what does it do better than Star Trek/Lexx/Space Cases?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Muppets

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

What is Farscape’s “shtick” what does it do better than Star Trek/Lexx/Space Cases?

PTSD / Romance

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Bust Rodd posted:

I never got into Farscape, I think I watched one or two episodes.

Every episode almost involves someone's mind being hosed with. Mind control, temporary or induced insanity, or other mental weirdness is almost always in play.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
On a scale of 1-5 for Horniness, 1 being “Lost in Space” and 5 being “Lexx” how horny is it?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Bust Rodd posted:

On a scale of 1-5 for Horniness, 1 being “Lost in Space” and 5 being “Lexx” how horny is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

the plot doesnt revolve around horny most of the time but sometimes it does and even when it doesnt there is usually some floating horny present