Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Jfc it didn’t do a drat thing I was just loving around. Good god, I usually don’t take these games that seriously but I wil legitimately be pissed if I am lunched the day after leading everyone to dunking a scum. Seriously wtf is going on here. I hope the people voting me are scum because there is no excuse for this terrible play by some of you.

B- I'm incredibly sceptical of people voting for you. I wouldn't vote B- today or any other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would vote Sal today or any other day until he stops being scummy

Like this!

##vote Sal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (3): Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak
b-minus1 (2): Lumpen, Retro Futurist, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
charms (1): xiw

Not Voting (7): b-minus1, CapitalistPig, charms, hambeet, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong, SalTheBard

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 1 day, 11 hours.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

Dont take any meaning from the different ways I said targets.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I’m p*ssed off

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
E tu Incandenza?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

SalTheBard posted:

B- I'm incredibly sceptical of people voting for you. I wouldn't vote B- today or any other day.

So you would never vote for B? What information do you have that we don't?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

E tu Incandenza?

I will say I am not a fan of being on a vote with ETR and Mr Steak

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Leith Maclaine posted:

The fact that it was B- who lead a cuddle on known scum Penny on D1.

Unless this was some super gambit for a scum B- to cuddle his own teammate to get town cred I don't see B being scum.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

I will say I am not a fan of being on a vote with ETR and Mr Steak

ETR's vote is bad and has no justification. ETR has also refused to engage with me in any sort of meaningful way so it's whatever there

I think Steak's multi vote power got upgraded and now he can Watch whoever he votes for or something so that is why Steak is voting that way. I could be misunderstanding Steaks posts.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Leith Maclaine posted:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Wtf where did my post go lol

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

Unless this was some super gambit for a scum B- to cuddle his own teammate to get town cred I don't see B being scum.

I am pretty sure you are right, it is the absoluteness of your position that I am questioning.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Wtf where did my post go lol

Inquiring minds want to know. :)

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I was going to say

If you admit to being executioner then I will give you your win after we dunk another scum

Starting with etr
##vote eat the scum

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

I was going to say

If you admit to being executioner then I will give you your win after we dunk another scum

Starting with etr
##vote eat the scum

Sadly, I can't admit to that because I am not an executioner. That looks like a fun role.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Oh drat what an unprecedented thing that would be. It's never happened before and we don't even have a word for it! I'm going to call it bussing since I just invented it so I get to name it

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Oh drat what an unprecedented thing that would be. It's never happened before and we don't even have a word for it! I'm going to call it bussing since I just invented it so I get to name it

lmao I think I will adopt that term too!

Also coming from Sal where we were just on a scum team that did nothing but bus each other it's a little hard to believe

b- was on that pretty early though so I wouldn't jump to him bussing right away without more reasons

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

The is a very revisionist history if you actually look back at D1 and binus' vote on 2penny. He was the first vote but it was based on 2penny drawing attention to binus' play that is now admitted as a complete lie and fabricated gambit.

b-minus1 posted:

Thanks for the votes. I have become more powerful than you can possibly imagine
Binus does a pointless gambit that he never used for any alignment-related conclusion-drawing or casing. His only conclusion mentioned was "Steak is Town because he wasn't afraid to be the 5th vote"... (Uhhh, okay?)

But iwho moves in and tries to make plays all about binus's gambit? 2Penny,who we now know was Secret Alliance.

2 penny bottle imp posted:

So everyone realizes that voting for b- probably charged some sort of power for them, right? If that turns out to be a vig or an extra night kill, Im suspicious of them, and think there's probably at least 1 scumbuddy in the mix who helped charge them up.

I'm down. Asking for blind faith like that is bad precident at best, scummy at worst.

B- care to comment on *why* you made that request before this turns sour for you?
This reads to me as light busing/distancing, trying to get some juice out of the gambit by throwing shade on the voters bonus drew in, and an awareness of binus being Secret Alliance and laying the groundwork to case people who out the 5 votes in.
Binus drops a harmless distancing vote for this, there is zero pressure on 2Penny at this point.

b-minus1 posted:

Before this turns sour for me, lol. This post reads like a scum loooking for justification to vote me. I’ll put my money where my mouth is and ##vote 2 penny bottle scum
He does make a couple posts calling 2Penny scum after this, but
Then Leith follows the train of thought 2Penny suggested...

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm right now keeping my vote on b- since there still hasn't been an explanation as to what his charge up power actually does. He confirmed the power exists to scum, so why not share the results.....
And 2Penny immediately jumps on this, weirdly making Leith out to be Secret Alliance for saying the same thing 2penny had said.

What does this mean?

Leith Maclaine posted:

Why else would he ask for 5 votes? He told everyone (including scum) that he has some role that requires power ups, but not what that role is.

So you are admitting that in this scenario, b- is town, because otherwise if scum they would just tell scummates in chat, right? Yet you are still pushing them?

This is a diiiiiiirrty post. You know more than you are letting on.

##vote Leith
And that got negative attention on 2penny that led to the hammer, but after that point bonus couldn't have reasonably jumped off his earlier busing/distancing vote. He had to ride it out.

But then Binus tries to take credit for the catch today:

b-minus1 posted:

Jfc it didn’t do a drat thing I was just loving around. Good god, I usually don’t take these games that seriously but I wil legitimately be pissed if I am lunched the day after leading everyone to dunking a scum. Seriously wtf is going on here. I hope the people voting me are scum because there is no excuse for this terrible play by some of you.
Which is bullshit in my opinion. He wasn't casing or leading, he was stuck on it and bussing to cut losses after 2Penny screwed up with a botched and confused push on Leith.
But Sal is pushing revisionist history on this today echoing Binus' false narrative.

In conclusion, binus is Secret Alliance and 2Penny was ineptly trying to work together on his gambit, and binus bussed him and tried to take undeserved credit.

You should vote b-minus1.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Lumpen posted:

The is a very revisionist history if you actually look back at D1 and binus' vote on 2penny. He was the first vote but it was based on 2penny drawing attention to binus' play that is now admitted as a complete lie and fabricated gambit.

Binus does a pointless gambit that he never used for any alignment-related conclusion-drawing or casing. His only conclusion mentioned was "Steak is Town because he wasn't afraid to be the 5th vote"... (Uhhh, okay?)

But iwho moves in and tries to make plays all about binus's gambit? 2Penny,who we now know was Secret Alliance.

This reads to me as light busing/distancing, trying to get some juice out of the gambit by throwing shade on the voters bonus drew in, and an awareness of binus being Secret Alliance and laying the groundwork to case people who out the 5 votes in.
Binus drops a harmless distancing vote for this, there is zero pressure on 2Penny at this point.

And 2Penny immediately jumps on this, weirdly making Leith out to be Secret Alliance for saying the same thing 2penny had said.

And that got negative attention on 2penny that led to the hammer, but after that point bonus couldn't have reasonably jumped off his earlier busing/distancing vote. He had to ride it out.

Which is bullshit in my opinion. He wasn't casing or leading, he was stuck on it and bussing to cut losses after 2Penny screwed up with a botched and confused push on Leith.
But Sal is pushing revisionist history on this today echoing Binus' false narrative.

In conclusion, binus is Secret Alliance and 2Penny was ineptly trying to work together on his gambit, and binus bussed him and tried to take undeserved credit.

A bad take by Lumpen.

a good take is ##vote etr

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lumpen posted:

##vote Lumpen

Or this

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

CapitalistPig posted:

A bad take by Lumpen.

a good take is ##vote etr

Would also do this

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Eh it could be bussing but I don't see it

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Day2 LumpenList

charms
Oct 14, 2012

I don't like any of the votes going on right now. Mine for obvious reasons, b-1's for being the first one on that lynch, and Sal's and ETR's because it seemed liked things were sluggish enough that if they were scum they could've gotten away with not voting and preventing the lynch that way. The last two are assuming that just a plurality vote wasn't enough to lynch, if it was then someone please clear that up.

My main read is on RetroFuturist, for still trying to make b-1 happen even after 2PBI's flip - b-1 should've gone down a few pegs on everyone's list after that. I'm suspicious about Lumpen for the same reasons, but him being apparently jailed makes that less likely from a purely probabilistic standpoint. Them both being scum would elegantly explain their actions on D1 - getting into a fake rumble over the Content Gamer vs. Joke Phaser puppet show before coalescing to vote against b-1.

This could always be a misread, but as said I don't like any of the votes right now and if I know if I want to change that I have to bring up an alternative sooner rather than later, or you pitiless jackals will just mock me again.

##vote RetroFuturist

charms
Oct 14, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

##vote Lumpen

Or this

I need to write faster.

##vote Lumpen

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Lumpen posted:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

a lumpen list at the beginning of the day might be even dumber than a lumpen list at the end of one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

charms posted:

I need to write faster.

##vote Lumpen

Really stood by that Retro Futurist case didn't you!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote sal

sorry not sorry your scumbuddy died

Yeah I’m gonna neee you to explain this vote please

Eat The Rich posted:

also I'm totally town, guys. Do you think 2 penny would've given me that much poo poo if I was scum? The unfortunate truth is that I am a bad player.

I may have missed it. When did penny give you poo poo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Just skimmed through sal’s post history. You seem awfully obsessed with lumpen. Here’s a sample of his posts. Not sure what to make of this tbh

SalTheBard posted:

##vote Lumpen

Just going to get this out of the way

SalTheBard posted:

1. You (lumpen)
2. Retro Futurist
3. You

SalTheBard posted:

What the gently caress is going on in this game? I feel like we have 5 Lumpens playing.

SalTheBard posted:

##vote 2 penny

Wish this was Lumpen instead

SalTheBard posted:

##vote Lumpen

Or this

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

I may have missed it. When did penny give you poo poo

He had a problem with my reads not being good enough

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
All of these posts are so fake.

b-minus1 posted:

Lol owned scum

b-minus1 posted:

So uh, two night kills. That sucks
"Yay we got 'em!" and "Oh no fellow townies this sucks for us" posts are classic tells.

About the 2Penny revenge kill:

b-minus1 posted:

Oh. Lol. Why didn’t he kill me haha

b-minus1 posted:

Why the gently caress are people voting me.

b-minus1 posted:

b-minus1 posted:

I’m p*ssed off
The overemotional reaction doesn't seem realistic at all. These are fake reactions. Does binus really get super pissed and emotionally invested about games and I missed the meta?

I feel confident that b-minus1 is Secret Alliance.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Also binus keeps flipping between "lol I don't care I'm just loving around I'm so carefree and laughing at the cases on me" and then "I am so legitimately pissed! Seriously. Jfc, with, why the gently caress is anyone voting me" and then back to "tee hee lol ha ha".

Read his posts. Analyze the tone. Actually read my case.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Just skimmed through sal’s post history. You seem awfully obsessed with lumpen. Here’s a sample of his posts. Not sure what to make of this tbh

It's mostly OMGUS I will freely admit that.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I have asked and ETR has not responded at all

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (3): Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Steak
b-minus1 (2): Lumpen, Retro Futurist, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
Eat The Rich (2): b-minus1, CapitalistPig
Lumpen (2): SalTheBard, charms
charms (1): xiw
Retro Futurist (0): charms, charms

Not Voting (3): hambeet, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Humalong

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 23 hours, 49 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Really stood by that Retro Futurist case didn't you!

Hey hal what are some of your top scum reads

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

a lumpen list at the beginning of the day might be even dumber than a lumpen list at the end of one

it still baffles me that people feel the need to include themselves on a lumpen list. why? literally what purpose does that serve? i can only see it as scummy because literally why would a town player want to do that? it's pointless.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Steak posted:

it still baffles me that people feel the need to include themselves on a lumpen list. why? literally what purpose does that serve? i can only see it as scummy because literally why would a town player want to do that? it's pointless.
A properly formatted LumpenList ranks every living player and links to their posts in the thread. I List myself to encourage people to click my link and read my posts too.

Also it allows people to easily construct their own Lost by quoting mine and moving the lines around, and obviously someone doing that would need my link line there in order to rank me without having to dig it up themself from the OP.

I make a List whenever I have theory of the game and connections have emerged, it gives me the constructive practice of looking back over the posts of each person as I slot them in (opening in new tabs from the Preview Reply screen)

I encourage you to give it a try, I would like to see your List ranking everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote etr