Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

its that point in the news cycle again where the country waits with baited breath that a liar and a cheat will tell the truth.

poo poo's like Groundhog Day except everyone dies at 5pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This sub’s been extra mean/confrontational today with the usual “everything’s fine” suspects, so I might call it a short week and try again in February :(

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
don’t know what either of you are talking about but i would like to recommend taking a walk

they’re nice

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Walks and a podcast are one of life's finest pleasures.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
the best podcast for walking is In Our Time cuz you can find a self contained episode on loving anything

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

dissect has done an excellent job analyzing Kendrick Lamar's album "drat" through their podcast.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I miss my friends whose real names are Drew McIntyre and Chris James. i'm not insinuating that they are friends together as well, in their absence. Don't assume that. I don't know and would even go so far as to say that they may not be.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Despite being so sleep-deprived that I napped for three hours after I got home from university I managed to make some decent progress on this awful math essay I have to write. Hooray

My entertainment for the rest of this evening is to program a MIDI controller to work with a Yamaha QY100 which I bought last summer but have had no time to dive into.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Who's everyone's favorite Dragon Ball character? Piccolo and Trunks are real good. Love Tien and Chiaotzu too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm that guy who you know about but maybe someone doesn't. well here we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17AyCOaHVk

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i'm that guy who you know about but maybe someone doesn't. well here we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T17AyCOaHVk

Lol

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

17 was awesome in super

Super is bad in a lot of ways but better than revisiting DBZ had any right to be

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I haven't watched Super yet I'm excited.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
chi chi is the best character
edit: super rules

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

There's a secret version of Dragon Ball Z that lives in my head in which Chi-Chi continues to keep fighting and training alongside Goku. I enjoy this version of the character.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I liked Android 21 because she was a babe and DB lore is so bro heavy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Goku is a bad husband and a worse father.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

NienNunb posted:

Goku is a bad husband and a worse father.

Man faked his own death rather than take care of his kids, that's some commitment to fuckboism.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Is it a basic answer to say Vegeta? As far as I know (watched DBZ as a teen on TV + cultural osmosis) he undergoes an actual, somewhat deep character development, which isn't always the case with Dragon Ball characters. Actually it doesn't matter if it's basic or not, I'll just say Vegeta

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Vegeta is cool. I'm gonna buy Kakorot this weekend just so I can ride around in a hovercar with him.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

dbs was great and the manga is kinda fun too

the baseball filler episode was the best

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Goku didn't know what marriage was 5 minutes before he got married. He didn't remember who his wife was 10 minutes before they got married. That should have raised some flags with Chi Chi. But she held him to a promise he made when he was like 6 so what did you expect?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Is Kota Ibushi Goku in real life. Discuss

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

ChrisBTY posted:

Goku didn't know what marriage was 5 minutes before he got married. He didn't remember who his wife was 10 minutes before they got married. That should have raised some flags with Chi Chi. But she held him to a promise he made when he was like 6 so what did you expect?

Chi Chi entered a martial arts tournament to announce she was marrying goku. They kinda deserve each other tbh.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

groku sucks rear end!

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

Is Kota Ibushi Goku in real life. Discuss

Goku doesn't take a bump off of an attack by landing on his neck IIRC.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
No but he will give the weird clone robot thing beating the poo poo out of his son a senzu bean so that's almost as dumb

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Goku is just ridiculously min-maxxed. He fight. That's IT! Point him to the world-ending threat, let him do his thing, and hope he doesn't make it worse in the name of getting a better fight. Other than that, leave him be. And for Kami's sake don't MARRY him? Are you goddamn insane?

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Kakarot is a fun game if you like chill exploration of beautifully rendered cartoon worlds. It's been a great unwind intermittently through my playthrough of every soulsbourniro game (i am currently in anor londo on dark souls, which can be a frustrating place)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Yamcha Did Nothing Wrong

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Yamcha Did Nothing Wrong

He didn't have time to, he was dead

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Hercule is the best DBZ character and his bromance with Majin Boo was a highlight of the series.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Has anyone played a game called DayZ? I got a review copy and holy moly this is the worst game I have ever played.

Imagine Fallout but you go minimum 20 minutes every time you start before you find ANYTHING. Items, enemies, other players, anything. You just roam aimlessly for huge swaths of time, doing nothing at all.

I'm just baffled by it, it literally does nothing right. The inventory system was designed by a psychopath. The button you use to interact with things is also the button you hold to drop what you're carrying, so you randomly do your weapons all the time.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Is that it's own separate game now? I think it started as a modern for ArmA which might explain the jankiness.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Seams posted:

Is that it's own separate game now? I think it started as a modern for ArmA which might explain the jankiness.

That seems to be the case. It's a standalone thing for PS4 (and, presumably, Xbox).

It's just bafflingly terrible. It takes me 15 minutes to find anything to do, and the servers reset every 20 minutes haha

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

That seems to be the case. It's a standalone thing for PS4 (and, presumably, Xbox).

It's just bafflingly terrible. It takes me 15 minutes to find anything to do, and the servers reset every 20 minutes haha

Oh yeah I think I got that as a freebie looked at the reviews and and noped it.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I naively hoped they patched it out somehow after reading those bad reviews but nope it is exactly as bad as they say, on every possible level.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can't remember if that game was the one that first threw around "minimum viable product" in the Star Citizen thread but all those zombieish games just look like the same drab boring brownity brown town poo poo. But they just dumped it on the market after not finishing it I think.

I played through Heretic and most of Doom/2 lately and while Doom is the better game in non-graphical ways the difference in art design so harsh. Doom is so brown and dull and all that poo poo looks the same to me. all the zombie games usually look like that to me. Except without a Super Shotgun.

Super looking forward to Doom Eternal though.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm crossposting this from the Disability Thread I made in TGRS because I want my prograps pals to know what I'm going through as well, if you dislike whining from me please feel more than welcome to ignore:

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm having a rough time in my own right about something and want/need to type it out, if you don't want to read me :qq: feel free to skip this post.

I alluded to it earlier ITT but I'm deeply depressed professionally speaking. Almost all of my work is advocacy related. I've been on something like 5-10 committees at any given time since probably the age of 18 (turned 33 two weeks ago), I help facilitate a weekly book club for adults with intellectual disabilities, I go to legislative breakfasts and sit on panels about legislative matters as a concerned citizen and I go to rallies and have been on Boards of Directors for multiple non-profits and make speeches, y'all get the idea. But for all my work, I rarely get paid. It's better than it used to be because I've started asking for money more than I used to but I struggle, not so much in the sense of being financially destitute by any means, but just in the sense that like...well, everyone likes making money and feeling like they're worth something.

Advocacy is all I've ever known but I'm getting so loving tired of just being expected to volunteer but I ALSO feel an obligation to keep grinding because I feel like the world needs advocates but I also also really feel like my work isn't really accomplishing much so maybe I should just give up

gently caress

If you read that thank you, either way carry on, god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm crossposting this from the Disability Thread I made in TGRS because I want my prograps pals to know what I'm going through as well, if you dislike whining from me please feel more than welcome to ignore:

If you read that thank you, either way carry on, god bless

Feeling like the work you put your body and soul into is undervalued, especially financially, is a particularly grueling living hell. Anyone in your position would be staring into the void just as much as you are, if not more. I'm truly sorry you're going through this, friend. We're here for you.