Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wow so not only was Mongreltown never in any danger but Snout doesn't even register the ship as a threat. I projected a whole scenario onto the comic that never even existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh5kZ4uIUC0

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Honestly I'm just thankful we're finally going to get some explanation on the ship so it's just not a loving mystery box anymore.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh no, instead of traveling [x] time to Mongreltown he'll need to travel [x]+20 minutes instead!
Not only is it a (seemingly) minor delay, there's been nothing that gave any sort of urgency to the quest. Or any sense of what x is, for that matter. It's a small delay on a journey of unknown duration for something that is not pressing in any way. And somehow we're supposed to treat this as a significant decision Snout is making.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Elysiume posted:

Not only is it a (seemingly) minor delay, there's been nothing that gave any sort of urgency to the quest. Or any sense of what x is, for that matter. It's a small delay on a journey of unknown duration for something that is not pressing in any way. And somehow we're supposed to treat this as a significant decision Snout is making.

also this ship blew up his house & took the ink witch so like how is this not leaping to the top of his priorities

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

But guuuuuuuuys, he was going to MongrelTown to find out more about Dominic Deegan! How is anything as important as finding out more about Dominic Deegan?????

Also:

Outstanding

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Why does Snout even live on his own? Like, this is something that now has to be addressed because he is pointedly not living in the town dedicated to his people, so much so that he had to spend days? weeks? travelling there.

Agreed

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Little Death posted:

Why does Snout even live on his own? Like, this is something that now has to be addressed because he is pointedly not living in the town dedicated to his people, so much so that he had to spend days? weeks? travelling there.

his hut cave was so convenient for the library!

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hes so excited to see them that it's not like he's some kind of social recluse

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why is this being portrayed as a dilemma? Why can't he go investigate the ship and then check out the town? He has no idea where he's going, he's not on a schedule, he can do whatever he wants???

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

If only there was some kind of tension to him going to mongrel town, maybe derived from some sort of reason he would have to want to go there

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

inside is an injured naked inkwitch, again.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

haha i just got this

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:vince:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I’ll cop to it going over my head.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The Little Death posted:

Well he's a Jar Jar Binks so most likely he was exiled by his CGI king. (voiced by Brian Blessed)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Regalingualius posted:

I’ll cop to it going over my head.
It's pretty dark.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

The only way to explain Snout's indecision is that investigating the ship crash is going to lead into an adventure that goes out and far from Mongreltown. Which isn't something that Snout knows is going to happen, but it's something that mookie does.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

His indecision stems from the ship apparently changing size again.

A shipchange, if you will.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hahahaha, once again my criticisms don't need to be taken back.

*scrolls down page*

Holy poo poo lmao.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ahhh damnit I regret looking back through the thread to link a friend an edit because I just saw this

PMush Perfect posted:

I'm gonna lean on the conservative end of things and I'm willing to bet :10bux: that there will be a fully nude dead woman on-page in Dominic Deegan before the end of the year.

gently caress it, I'll :toxx: on it.

:rip: PMush, died of no tiddy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

to be fair, I think PMush just dramatically underestimated how glacially paced and meandering this story would be.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

skeleton warrior posted:

But guuuuuuuuys, he was going to MongrelTown to find out more about Dominic Deegan! How is anything as important as finding out more about Dominic Deegan?????

but... not even that.

He was just eager to drop the quest altogether so as to socialize with his fellow mongrelfolks.

So the plot had to, literally, fall of the sky right in front of him to keep him on the rails. It's kind of hilarious actually.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Cat Mattress posted:

but... not even that.

He was just eager to drop the quest altogether so as to socialize with his fellow mongrelfolks.

So the plot had to, literally, fall of the sky right in front of him to keep him on the rails. It's kind of hilarious actually.

He also was given a specific list of libraries he could go to and then set off to find them without consulting a map of where, well, anything is, despite the fact he clearly stated one was available to him. Snout is a dumb motherfucker (or, more accurately, is dumb when Mookie requires him to be for the specific direction he has randomly decided to take the plot).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Alaois posted:

to be fair, I think PMush just dramatically underestimated how glacially paced and meandering this story would be.

I mean yeah he basically spent all of December loving with us.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Oh.

...Ohh.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Oh poo poo, is something going to actually happen??

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
How will Mookie explain what the gently caress just happened without dialogue.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Welp, there we go. The ship was the Ink Witch's the whole time and never kidnapped her. Questions I now have:

- Why blow up Snout's house? She hasn't even apologized for it. Is Snout even going to be mad about it?
- Why fly around hiding from Snout?
- Why pretend to be a spell on the paper?
- Why reveal herself now if she had to hide from him earlier?
- If all this has a logical explanation, why hasn't she given Snout any bit of it before now?
- Did I mention she blew up his loving house?

I mean I know the answer to all these is because "Mookie doesn't plan ahead" but it'll be interested to see how he tries to squirm out of these plot contrivances (or ignores them).

Also, now that the Ink Witch is in the comic we can officially start the Countdown to Cheesecake! Let's guess how many updates it will take before Mookie gets horny and Witchy gets some kind of sexy drawing, whether it just a provocative closeup, a harem-anime style butt/nip slip, or some straight-up Bayonetta melting clothes garbage. I'm gonna go big and say it's only 3 comics away.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Broomstick brush is actually a cool design thing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This comic is really great at showcasing how much Mookie sucks at facial expressions.

Ague Proof posted:

How will Mookie explain what the gently caress just happened without dialogue.

Get ready for a full month of comics of him and the witch writing at each other.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

YF-23 posted:

The Ink Witch is a actually kind of an interesting design (by Mookie's standards), despite how derivative it is. It seems like this whole legacy comic was conceived because he had this one idea for her.

Fister Roboto posted:

This comic is really great at showcasing how much Mookie sucks at facial expressions.

Get ready for a full month of comics of him and the witch writing at each other.

Pretty much. I don't think he'd be doing a "dialogue free" comic without someone whose power is literally writing her text bubbles in the air.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

Or she gets fed up with how long communicating with writing is taking, and just magically grants him hearing... which just makes things worse, because it’d be the first time Snout’s ever been able to hear, and gives him sensory overload.

Also, gonna play a bit more conservatively and guess that it takes two months of strips for Mookie’s kooky nookie with the witch.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I like that the ship was just an animated drawing the whole time.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

He didn't destroy Mongreltown so no takebacks, but fair play to Mookie, that final panel is probably one of the best he's ever done, and it's a decent use of chromatic texture.

I mean I still have criticisms but frankly I'm not going to be harsh when he's doing good. Genuinely interested in what'll happen next.

YF-23 posted:

Also yeah, this.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Tesseraction posted:

He didn't destroy Mongreltown so no takebacks, but fair play to Mookie, that final panel is probably one of the best he's ever done, and it's a decent use of chromatic texture.

He loving loves the Ink Witch, he'll put most of his effort into drawing her and things related to her - partly because the whole "ink" gimmick means it only has to be in black & white, partly because boobs.

And yeah, in a vacuum, this page is one of the best he's ever done.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Okay gently caress it, if the Ink Witch just walks up to Snout and stone cold murders him by cracking his neck apropos of nothing and then goes on her own adventure unrelated to any of the previous poo poo, I promise once again, to take back every criticism I've ever made. Hell I'll even chuck Mooks a couple on the patreon for as long as he doesn't gently caress that up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No! A Mookie must never harm another Mookie! They are soulmates who must have a loving, consensual sex scene!