Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Fifty Three posted:

My buddy was just there yesterday and said conditions were terrible. Lazy grooming and mounds the size of cars.

Fake edit: Forgot he sent me a picture.

Wow. Thats horrible. Lets see how much lift tickets are:

lmao

Thanks a bunch, you just saved me from a couple extra hours of driving and a ton of disappointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

spwrozek posted:

I saw an article about Vail resort visits down 8% and man do I believe it. Didn't wait more than 3 min at breck for a lift today.

Theyre all at the Jane.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dangerllama posted:

I havent seen a single Chiefs jersey so far today.

Come to think of it, I havent seen a single sports jersey. :iiam:

Content: My son warmed up on a black today. GET HYPE!!!!!

I met some friends from KC at Keystone a couple weeks ago and one of them wore a Chiefs jersey, so I've seen at least one :negative:

spwrozek posted:

I saw an article about Vail resort visits down 8% and man do I believe it. Didn't wait more than 3 min at breck for a lift today.

I think we're at the point where it's just too loving expensive for even remotely regular people to do. Prices on everything are going up while wages aren't and eventually you have to stop buying ski passes to feed your kids.

Insy
Jul 3, 2002
#crackhouse superstar
I'm wondering if anyone has some advise for me and my brother. I used to snowboard ~10 times a season, way back in 1999-2004, but I hadn't gone for 15 years or so until this season. My brother started then too, but only went 2-3 times and never got in to it.

Let's start with my brothers issues. Two years ago, he started getting into snowboarding and went a handful of times. Last year, he thought he was going to be really into it, so when he got a new car he got AWD so he could go up to the slopes, got a season ticket, full set of gear and everything, but the very first day he tried his first blue run he got hit by someone and broke both his arm and leg, knocking him out for the season.

Since then, he's been extra timid about trying anything new and his confidence is just shot. I've gone with him 2 times this season, and I can't talk him into going on a blue run. Every time I mention it he's like "well I'd just like more confidence before I try it." He goes down the green slopes at Stevens at a pretty slow pace and even though he doesn't fall, and I've recorded him going all the way down so he can examine his own riding, he still doesn't have any desire to go quicker or down steeper slopes.

I think I've talked him into splitting the cost of a private 3 hour lesson at Stevens Pass so we can get someone who claims to be a professional to talk him into doing harder runs under supervision, but I'm not sure even then that he'll be confident after that.

Me, I went from being a skinnygoon to a fattygoon (240 at 5'8) and I've been annoyed by fattiness when reaching down to tighten my bindings. I found some step-in Vans boots and switch bindings like I used to use back in the day on ebay, even though everyone I talk to says that the highback/ratcheting bindings are better I still find them to be poo poo just because of how annoying they are to put on/take off. I haven't bought a board to put them on yet because I'm still up in the air on sizing. Should I be aiming for a longer board because I'm a fat piece of poo poo or should I try a more middle-size board like I'm used to riding? There's so many goddamn types of boards now too.

The two times I've gone this season I've done rentals and I rode a Capita Navigator at 155cm which I really liked on a sort of semi-powdery day, though it was a bitch to try to ride switch, and a Niche Aether at a similar size on a somewhat icy day which I pretty much hated. Now that I've got bindings and boots I'm thinking I really need to get a board to slap them on, but given my lack of experience in all the different varieties I don't know what do about it. I used to be a pretty solid intermediate rider, not doing much for jumps/tricks but I loved off-piste and fast riding on steeper blues and black diamonds, but without a board I'm comfortable on I'm hesitant to go back to the things I used to enjoy.

Anyway, I'd love anyone's advice for my brother for how to help build his confidence, and any for me on what sort of board I should be trying to buy. Also I'm totally ready for all the people to tell me that it was a giant fail to buy ancient step ins because of how trash they are.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

spwrozek posted:

Counter point to my self, looking at Google maps is hilarious right now. Thankfully not sitting in it.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

spwrozek posted:

We had SO FEW people on the hill over Christmas. It felt just as crowded as a regular Christmas, except literally <50% of the mountain was open, which means we had less than half the number of people we normally would have on the hill. That's going to have completely wrecked their numbers.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Fifty Three posted:

My buddy was just there yesterday and said conditions were terrible. Lazy grooming and mounds the size of cars.

Fake edit: Forgot he sent me a picture.

Jesus wept.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

fknlo posted:

I met some friends from KC at Keystone a couple weeks ago and one of them wore a Chiefs jersey, so I've seen at least one :negative:

As a Canadian the first thing that comes to mind when a "Chiefs Jersey" is mentioned is this

forgetting they are called sweaters of course

(and I have seen one at Louise this year)

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?

knox_harrington posted:

New skis day

I really like them. The Shift bindings are really neat and I like the confidence of having a proper alpine binding for skiing.

Really interested in the shift bindings and i'm currently looking for a new set of skis, I was thinking a pair of Rossignol Soul7 HD but I would like something I could do some light touring with but while keeping that ability to do off piste tree runs in resort. Main areas that I will be skiing is Verbier next season but I've got trips to both Les arcs and Bavaria, just don't want to get burnt buying skis.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

spwrozek posted:

Counter point to my self, looking at Google maps is hilarious right now. Thankfully not sitting in it.

Two hours and fifteen minutes from Winter Park base to Empire. I hate everything and everyone right now.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
Another day of racing, this time slalom but at a different resort so I didn't have to work the race and could just watch my kids. The previous days rain made everything a rock hard sheet of ice and there were a lot of DNFs. Spent most of the day standing in the parents viewing area with all my snowboard gear in the car sitting unused. I'd prefer to ride but I still love watching all the kids getting better and better every season and every race. We have a great group of kids both skill-wise and personality- and character-wise. U14 is going to be tough this year but we still have an outside chance to qualify for postseason.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kiimo posted:

You know what you're right. Burton makes a lot of great things, especially bindings but man the gloves are always bad for some reason.

I have pair of Burton AK tech gloves that are really nice. Really can't tell any difference between them & my Hestra trigger mitts.

Insy posted:

I found some step-in Vans boots and switch bindings like I used to use back in the day on ebay, even though everyone I talk to says that the highback/ratcheting bindings are better I still find them to be poo poo just because of how annoying they are to put on/take off.

Eesh, there are a few reasons to not ride with those (performance, safety etc). I'm not going to argue the comfort/convenience because that's whatever. If you really want step on bindings, Burton started making them again last year and everybody I know that has ridden them says they're as good as advertised. They have steep price point though.

Dangerllama posted:

Two hours and fifteen minutes from Winter Park base to Empire. I hate everything and everyone right now.

I got back to my 4Runner to drive home after sitting in the race shack all day to find my alternator/battery light was on. The alternator has been replaced 2x in the last year, 2nd one on warranty. But for now I'm sitting in the lobby of the rest area in Govy, loving around on my laptop, waiting on my wife to come get here and call AAA. I was thinking I'd just pay for a tow, but it's a $600 trip and welp, that ain't happening.

highme fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 27, 2020

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Dangerllama posted:

We played Catan and are still waiting it out while watching Parks and Rec.

highme
May 25, 2001

Shout out those Skyway frickles though.

Insy
Jul 3, 2002
#crackhouse superstar

highme posted:

Eesh, there are a few reasons to not ride with those (performance, safety etc). I'm not going to argue the comfort/convenience because that's whatever. If you really want step on bindings, Burton started making them again last year and everybody I know that has ridden them says they're as good as advertised. They have steep price point though.

they don't just have a steep price point, they're also extremely rare. even the boots aren't available in my size. who knows wtf burton is thinking. I got some lightly used switch boots and bindings for $100, so compared to >$600 for boot/binding on the burtons it's pretty cut and dry

the 30 or so times I rode on those old switch bindings I never once had them come off and never had any "performance" issues whatever the gently caress that means. the only reason switch bindings died is because vans bought them out to kill them, there wasn't really any good reason otherwise, just a bunch of misinformation and rumorings

Insy fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jan 27, 2020

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Insy posted:

they don't just have a steep price point, they're also extremely rare. even the boots aren't available in my size. who knows wtf burton is thinking. I got some lightly used switch boots and bindings for $100, so compared to >$600 for boot/binding on the burtons it's pretty cut and dry

the 30 or so times I rode on those old switch bindings I never once had them come off and never had any "performance" issues whatever the gently caress that means

Ok man. If you are going to come in here and claim step ins don't suffer from performance issues you just don't have a clue. K2 still makes the clicker but it is super soft and pretty unresponsive. There is a reason people strap in, it actually results in good riding.

The only reason to use them is if you ride in places with under 300' of vert. Even then it is pretty easy to get good at strapping in quickly while standing up.

E: I mean ride whatever you want and makes you happy. If you are enjoying it then that is all that matters.

spwrozek fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jan 27, 2020

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
It's probably worth noting the specific brand he's using appear to have highbacks, which is by far the worst omission of classic step-ins. If his boots are super stiff it might be somewhat passable?

My personal experience is with early 2000s flows when I was stuck on a 200ft vertical hill and got my first strap in bindings after about 10 years of snowboarding.
The first toe side turn I took, I fell flat on my face because I was conditioned to exaggerating all of my movements to make up for poo poo rear end boots/bindings.
The sperm boot print was pretty on point though.

Fat goon, have you tried ratcheting your bindings standing up? It's pretty easy to do once you get used to it. I swear I am the only one who does it and it weirds me out. It's almost like no one else has thought of it, but how could you not with a wet butt? :shrug:

highme
May 25, 2001

Insy posted:

the 30 or so times I rode on those old switch bindings I never once had them come off and never had any "performance" issues whatever the gently caress that means. the only reason switch bindings died is because vans bought them out to kill them, there wasn't really any good reason otherwise, just a bunch of misinformation and rumorings

Sounds like they're perfect for you, go wild. Are you in the market for a helmet as well? If so, you should consider RuRoc.

I don't particularly care what you ride. I don't really see the point of coming into the thread asking opinions because you've checked out for the last 15 years and then making weird conspiratorial arguments when people offer opinions.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I only prefer the finest in inflatable helmets.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Solid day at Liberty considering the conditions. A lot of trails closed off but the snow is soft as if its early spring. Ive been brushing up on riding switch before my trip to Oregon in a few weeks, so I moved the front binding on my Burton Custom to the last ticker for a more twin feel. I like it a lot, but I do prefer the standard directional ride. Probably gonna go back to that once the sun goes down and the ice comes out.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Math You posted:

It's probably worth noting the specific brand he's using appear to have highbacks, which is by far the worst omission of classic step-ins. If his boots are super stiff it might be somewhat passable?

My personal experience is with early 2000s flows when I was stuck on a 200ft vertical hill and got my first strap in bindings after about 10 years of snowboarding.
The first toe side turn I took, I fell flat on my face because I was conditioned to exaggerating all of my movements to make up for poo poo rear end boots/bindings.
The sperm boot print was pretty on point though.

Fat goon, have you tried ratcheting your bindings standing up? It's pretty easy to do once you get used to it. I swear I am the only one who does it and it weirds me out. It's almost like no one else has thought of it, but how could you not with a wet butt? :shrug:
My friend just got into snowboarding and first bought a K2 clicker set, not that he was specifically looking for it, it was just a cheap/nearby used option he happened to get. It did have highbacks though, apparently later revisions they added that in at least. Cant say anything about the feel cause I didnt ride them, but I can say whatever convenience they might have was outweighed by him having to clear out packed snow from the bottom of his boot nearly every time, otherwise it might not lock in properly. One time getting into the lift line he thought he was locked in...then his boot came off. He was extra careful about being sure after that. Even then, we were never really completely sure about them.

He found a cheap setup with regular bindings/boots soon after :v:

I have some cheap rebranded Fastec rear entry ones that seem to work well enough. Newer/nicer models can work as both rear entry or traditional strap in, and the latter should make it waaay easier to get a good fit for rear entry use too. Only real concern with them is if something breaks, Id be surprised if shops happen to have whatever parts off hand.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I'm one of the few guys with extensive experience with K2 Clickers since I rode them for 3 seasons in the late 90s. The bottom line is that they are ok but have a number of serious issues. First, the early model without a highback depends on having a stiff highback like component on the boot which not only makes the boots uncomfortable but also doesn't work nearly as well as a mounted highback. The later models with highbacks on the binding are much better but the binding still depends on the stiffness of the boot. As the boot softens up with use, leaning toeside gets less responsive since you rely on toe pressure alone and can't really lean into the tongues which give way as it softens. This causes you to drive more and more into the front of the boot and when the boot gets soft enough you can pull your feet right out of the boots on a toeside turn. Ask me how I know. Also the cleat gets jammed with snow and must be cleared regularly. On normal days this isn't a problem although it is annoying and eliminates one of the big advantages of steps ins, the fast click in and ride away. Also on powder days, it is insanely hard to deal with and in the backcountry can create real problems. I was in the Andes on a 8+ FOOT day. Yes 8 feet of pow in 3 days. I got stuck in low angle pow and when I took off the board and when to click back in I couldn't get the cleat clear enough to click in. I was stuck by myself on an isolated trail at high altitude in the Andes with a binding that was fighting me. Since I was in such deep pow every time I cleared one the other would jam up. It took me forvever to get clicked in again. So if the Clickers work for you that's great but I've given up on step ins. So much so that I won't even consider the Burtons.

EDIT: To respond to insy's actual questions, I definitely think a private lesson is the right approach and I think it might be worth taking your brother out on a soft day like a pow day or hero snow day and stop focusing on the color of a particular trail and just on having fun and experimenting with low consequence stuff at low speeds like butters. Don't pressure him to ride "blues" or go fast. Do new stuff that's fun and low consequence on the greens like popping off a tiny side hit on the green run into some soft snow.

As far as board length, the proper board size is linked to weight so theoretically you'd want to go longer but given your time away you might consider a volume shifted board (wider than normal so you can ride it shorter than normal). This would give you less length to swing around but the proper flex.

Yuns fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 27, 2020

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I rode Switch bindings 20 years ago on my 240' vertical mountain and that poo poo was awesome. I would click in on the lift and literally ride off and keep going. 20 years later when I took the Tram to the top of Jackson Hole's 4139 feet of Vertical, stepping in instantly did not seem quite as necessary...

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

One random bit of 20-21 snowboard news for the zero other guys who ride Never Summer, but Never Summer has a new camber profile Shock Wave RC. This profile is more camber dominant than the rip saw RC and way more camber dominant than the original RC. For 20-21, they've redone the Proto line with Shock Wave. The Chris Corning pro model the Proto Ultra will be stiffest flex. The Proto Synthesis will be closest to the current proto with medium flex. and the Proto Slinger will be soft flex (jib board?). I've asked NS if they would send me a Shock Wave model for me to test. This moves NS closer to the Mervin/Libtech/Gnu C3 camber.

They don't have the new boards up but they do have the profile up:
https://www.neversummer.com/snowboard-tech

Yuns fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 27, 2020

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Today I learned Rossi put the 7-Series out to pasture and has the completely different Black Ops line now.

Why? Dunno.

Also, they decided to rename the Black Ops 118 to Black Ops Gamer.

What.

Insy
Jul 3, 2002
#crackhouse superstar

highme posted:

Sounds like they're perfect for you, go wild. Are you in the market for a helmet as well? If so, you should consider RuRoc.

I don't particularly care what you ride. I don't really see the point of coming into the thread asking opinions because you've checked out for the last 15 years and then making weird conspiratorial arguments when people offer opinions.

yeah my question was more about what sort of board for fatties, not the boots/bindings. sry np and I'll let you know when I break a leg from a faulty binding D=

Insy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 28, 2020

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Today I learned Rossi put the 7-Series out to pasture and has the completely different Black Ops line now.

Why? Dunno.

Also, they decided to rename the Black Ops 118 to Black Ops Gamer.

What.

black ops was cool when it was super limited edition 3 years ago, now they're p average

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

Insy posted:

yeah my question was more about what sort of board for fatties, not the boots/bindings. sry np and I'll let you know when I break a leg from a faulty binding D=
Get a 154 Ride Twinpig (or more ideally a 157)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I've got a problem, internet.

A couple of seasons ago, I bought a nice set of Line SFBs and new boots (Nordica Gpx 130), and I'm afraid they are maybe both more than I can handle.

I was a pretty confident skier and was happy on blacks, but now I am always in the back seat, my quads and calves are sore halfway down a warm-up run, I have to stop frequently, and I feel like I'm skiing like poo poo. I was once pretty aggressive but now I'm timid as hell because linking a few turns puts me in the fetal position wanting to be burped like a baby while my quads shriek in pain and I loving hate it.

My boots were fit, but now I've left Calgary and am located in Vancouver. I'm wondering if these might be too stiff for me? Or going from more traditional mounting point on my skis to a few cm back from center could be the culprit? Or maybe the forward lean is significantly more on these boots than my previous ones (more intermediate focused 110s)

I'm 6 foot 1, 200 pounds, fat but muscular and not really out of cardio shape. I should be ok with this gear, shouldn't I?

I'm going to take these to a boot fitter soon but I'm wondering if I'm just a total gorb forever now or if this sounds like something that they should be able to help. I did take these boots in to my original fitter after about a dozen times out when I bought them, but I think he just sold me custom footbeds

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Boot stiffness appropriateness has nothing to do with your height and weight and everything to do with your technique. I'm 5'4" and have boots with a 150 flex but they're fine because I have the technique to still be on the front of the boot.

I would suspect the boot is the more likely culprit than the mounting point on the skis, but it's easy to test out if you're willing to shell out for a pair of rental skis for a day. Take out a regular pair, see how you ski on them. If you're still facing the same issues, it's likely the boots. If you're skiing fine, it's the mounting point.

If they're really too stiff but you otherwise like the boots a good boot fitter will put them in the oven for you and make them less stiff permanently. At least, I know it works that way with race boots, I don't see why it wouldn't with normal ones. But make sure it's a good boot fitter. If you're in Vancouver and you're willing to come up to Whistler I can recommend my guy.

HookShot fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Jan 28, 2020

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

At the end of the day the best boot is the one that fits your foot.

I'd expect someone at 200 lbs to probably be in a 120+ but at the end of the day what matters is how a boot feels to you, not its stated flex number.

Hookshot and I could both probably ride 150s but she'd probably get a lot more out of them because she's far more skilled than I am. I could only make 150s work because I'm heavy enough that I could actually make them work for it, despite being much less skilled than Hookshot.

Wistful of Dollars fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 28, 2020

Bondematt
Jan 26, 2007

Not too stupid

Insy posted:

Anyway, I'd love anyone's advice for my brother for how to help build his confidence, and any for me on what sort of board I should be trying to buy. Also I'm totally ready for all the people to tell me that it was a giant fail to buy ancient step ins because of how trash they are.

Getting the pro to work with him is his best bet to build confidence back. Don't make him go on a blue if he doesn't feel he's ready. If he's not comfortable going quicker on a green, then blue will just make things worse and might shoot his confidence completely. He'll enjoy it more if you don't put expectations on him too.

I'm 310 and 5'10" with a bad knee, my board is the same board I bought when I was 245 and technically was undersized then. I'm rocking a Burton Custom 163 from like 15/16 or 16/17, and it feels right to me. I tried a 167W back when I was looking at boards at 245, and it felt unwieldy and hard to turn. Also lose weight fatty or something, which is absolutely the best move but gently caress me if I can do it.

I would say rent a few boards at different lengths until you're sure what you like, boards are more preference than anything.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

MonkeyLibFront posted:

Really interested in the shift bindings and i'm currently looking for a new set of skis, I was thinking a pair of Rossignol Soul7 HD but I would like something I could do some light touring with but while keeping that ability to do off piste tree runs in resort. Main areas that I will be skiing is Verbier next season but I've got trips to both Les arcs and Bavaria, just don't want to get burnt buying skis.

I used Soul7 HDs in the trees in Whistler and they were good, but I think for around here / Verbier I'd go for something a bit thinner. Certainly if you're touring.

Some friends are borrowing my place for a week's skiing, they live in Singapore and the kids have never seen snow before. 60cm arriving today and tomorrow and a bit more through the week. I was worried the kids wouldn't take to the cold but they were loving it the past few days. Hope they like shoveling snow!

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Whos got Shifts? Are they worth an upgrade over Kingpins?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for a solid demo fleet in Denver/metro in addition to Bent Gate? Evo has been hit or miss since Matt sold Edgeworks to them forever ago. Never been to Powder7.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Dangerllama posted:

Who’s got Shifts? Are they worth an upgrade over Kingpins?

Also does anyone have any recommendations for a solid demo fleet in Denver/metro in addition to Bent Gate? Evo has been hit or miss since Matt sold Edgeworks to them forever ago. Never been to Powder7.

Wilderness had some stuff. It is on their site. Bent gate has a pair of skis with shifts you could try. REI in Dillon had touring setups as well (although not convenient for you I would assume) maybe the flagship store does as well?

My partner and I both have a pair of skis with shifts. I like not riding on pins but they are a bit complicated and I worry they will have issues (granted I split board so...). I would probably lean towards the tectons/vipecs right now if I was buying today. I have enjoyed the shifts though. They tour well and ski well. If you want to meet up some time to talk about them let me know.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

The new marker m Werks kingpins are supposed to be dope as well. Hella burly 6 spring pin setup in the toe and a traditional alpine heel piece for descent

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
https://twitter.com/SheriffAlert/status/1221881862244749315?s=20

Our sheriff department excels at social media.

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

To be fair, that is sort of a small-boulder-sized large boulder.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's definitely bigger than a small boulder the size of a large rock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

You dont have to be a small boulder to be a large boulder but it is a small boulder.