Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

flashy_mcflash posted:

This discussion got me imagining The Rock as Cthulhu and at the risk of sounding trite, YUMMERS

e: imagine Cthulhu singing "You're Welcome"

Hah, I'd love to see that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well nothing she did did anything so it makes perfect sense she’s a teenager into witchy stuff and snagged this book to try spells and lo and behold it doesn’t do anything against real poo poo

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

CelticPredator posted:

Well nothing she did did anything so it makes perfect sense she’s a teenager into witchy stuff and snagged this book to try spells and lo and behold it doesn’t do anything against real poo poo

yeah I wouldn't expect a teenager to actually have the real Necronomicon in her bedroom. If it shows up in these films I'm guessing Ward will find it in the library at Miskatonic U

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

You don’t think it attracted the meteor?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Well it kind of did work if you consider that 1) she absorbed the color without getting freaky, 2) the forehead cutting matched the shrine on the plateau, and 3) she got swept off by the color tornado but possibly survived.

I'm still fairly certain she'll return as Lavinia Whatley in Dunwich Horror. Her Wicca stuff in the beginning having been replaced by whatever hardcore hyper-witchcraft she picks up in space. But it also perfectly answers her "get me out of here" prayers from the opening scene.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Speaking things that might be referencing Dunwich Horror, were those whip-poor-will bird calls throughout the movie?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

I've only seen the first episode so far, but the new season of Sabrina on Netflix is teasing the return of "The Old Ones", so I'm hoping they're gonna do a Lovecraft storyline.

I honestly lost any interest in Sabrina once it became clear that she was going to resist the dark side.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Get ready for Price Time, Bitch

There were some genuinely funny parts of Colour Out of Space. It really left a impression it's very good.

I love cages decision to imitate trump

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'm honestly just waiting for someone to make a Lovecraftian movie that's directly based off the Call of Cthulhu RPG

or better yet, Delta Green

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah the cg is a bit bumpy but overall I think it’s a fun time. Definitely a good adaptation. The festival I saw it at was running a NC17 cut of Hardware right before it, I’m bummed I missed out on that.

edit: The trump voice was a little weird but shine on you crazy diamond

edit2: Amateur Farmer/Bourbon Connoisseur

A WHAT?!

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Yeah I would absolutely love to see an NC-17 version of Hardware :aaaaa: I didn't realize any content was cut for it. Even the voyeur sex scene leaves very little to the imagination (and that dialogue lol) and honestly felt almost too long. Hardware fuckin' rules.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit

Neo Rasa posted:

Hardware fuckin' rules.

:rock:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Severin once and they threw in a free copy of Hardware on DVD.

I was just about to complain that it hasn't gotten a bluray release yet, but apparently it has and I just missed it! Now Dust Devil needs one.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

the nc17 cut has lemmy doing full frontal

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

dorium posted:

A WHAT?!

Yeah I don’t know anything about it either really. I figured a non-poser in this thread would know. This is all the festival site says:

https://panicfilmfest.com/hardware-1990/

:shrug:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

gey muckle mowser posted:

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Severin once and they threw in a free copy of Hardware on DVD.

Same! I already had a copy tho so I gave away the other one to a friend, who had also become addicted to Severin releases.

Where’s my commission, Severin?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Drunkboxer posted:

Yeah I don’t know anything about it either really. I figured a non-poser in this thread would know. This is all the festival site says:

https://panicfilmfest.com/hardware-1990/

:shrug:

If what I'm gleaning is correct it seems like it was cut (in some cases heavily) in some countries (but not the US curiously?) but in general has been released uncut since the early 00s. It seems like a sort of a RoboCop situation where it wasn't officially re-rated but around 2004-ish the "R Rated" version you'd see on DVD was actually the unrated/would have been rated X version and that's what's been around.

I remember being weirded out when it was making the rounds a year ago about how it was like a massive huge deal that the unrated RoboCop was available when it's something that's existed since the 90s via Criterion on laser disk, their DVD release of that, and then like almost every DVD release of it since.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

The true unrated RoboCop you see his robodick

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i demand more penis shots in horror movies

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Kvlt! posted:

i demand more penis shots in horror movies

It's becoming much more common.

Not horror, but my friends made a game out of The Righteous Gemstones to see how many episodes prominently featured penises. 8 out of 9 episodes.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

so did episode 9 have penis it just wasnt featured prominently?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Kind of surprised we aren't seen anything about Halloween Kills

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Franchescanado posted:

It's been becoming much more common.

Not horror, but my friends made a game out of The Righteous Gemstones to see how many episodes prominently featured penises. 8 out of 9 episodes.

Yes we’ve definitely crossed a donger threshold. Next step is fully erect dongers I guess.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hollismason posted:

Kind of surprised we aren't seen anything about Halloween Kills
Still hoping for a scene where Judy Greer cries out "Say goodbye to these, Michael!"

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

My money is still on it being a direct sequel similar to the 2nd film where it's still the same night.

And not being a 1 year later.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are they still doing the year apart sequel idea

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I have to tell you that I don't like the name Halloween Kills at all. Well, I don't have to tell you, but I'm going to anyway. Multiple times probably.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

who is Halloween and why is he killing?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

This Is Your Brain On Halloween

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Lurdiak posted:

Can't wait for Cthulhu to be played by a 29 year old skinny white guy with his shirt off.

Instead of a white guy I want Cthulhu to to be played by KJ Apa, and I want Cthulhu to have the same amount of common sense and impulse control as Archie Andrews.

Cthulhu is just gonna run around punching everybody.

Halloween Jack posted:

Still hoping for a scene where Judy Greer cries out "Say goodbye to these, Michael!"

I'm hoping she just increasingly insane with each film until she's basically playing a live action version of Cheryl Tunt.

Now it is Michael's turn to know fear.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 28, 2020

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Considering Lovecraft's views, I'm pretty sure he's only cool with a white dude playing Cthulhu.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Considering Lovecraft's views, I'm pretty sure he's only cool with a white dude playing Cthulhu.

Thankfully he’s dead. Asian woman Cthulhu!

Catfishenfuego
Oct 21, 2008

Moist With Indignation
Small, smooth brained fools: Ginger Snaps is about periods and the confusion and pain of puberty.

Giant galaxy brain geniuses: Ginger Snaps is about how hosed up it would be if you became a werewolf.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Catfishenfuego posted:

Small, smooth brained fools: Ginger Snaps is about periods and the confusion and pain of puberty.

Giant galaxy brain geniuses: Ginger Snaps is about how hosed up it would be if you became a werewolf.

If there were two werewolves on the moon and one of them killed the other with a rock would that be hosed up or what?

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

Asian woman Cthulhu!

Mods, can I get a name change

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
How many zombies would rob zombie rob if rob zombie could rob zombies

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I low key resent that Rob Zombie refuses to make a zombie film.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

COOL CORN posted:

How many zombies would rob zombie rob if rob zombie could rob zombies

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Sorry the answer is 1000

1000 corpses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Catfishenfuego posted:

Well I'll be damned