Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's insane how much he looks like Clarkson in that opening scene when he has the hat clamped down on his head.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Jaaaaaames Maaaaay sumimasen......

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Hey Bim, guess what

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Cojawfee posted:

Hey Bim, guess what

Shijo-Ohashi is a bridge representative of Kyoto that crosses the Kamo River over Shijo Street. It is also called Gion Bashi.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The Bim poo poo had me loving dying.

Also had a great laugh at the melody maker. "TOO BLUESY." Can't have people commuting to complicated chords, man.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Latest season of Top Gear started and they did an insane thing with a Rover Metro, it was otherwise an ok episode.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

That dam drop :stare:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ferremit posted:

:laffo: I'm only up to episode 4, but what a treat. Not nearly enough motorcycle for my liking, but that's ok.

As for so-called Top Gear, I was dying when Freddie turned up in the Le Baron.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Paddy's won every single cheap car challenge and you just knew he was going to win this one once he got the second chance at the lube track. That's a bit annoying because it sucks out any anticipation.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

:laffo: I'm only up to episode 4, but what a treat. Not nearly enough motorcycle for my liking, but that's ok.

As for so-called Top Gear, I was dying when Freddie turned up in the Le Baron.

I was in tears when James couldn’t keep it together in Kyoto after he entered his name wrong into the tour robot.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Ferremit posted:

I'm so glad I watched the series to teach me at least that important bit of Japanese.

Also, Yujiro loving stole the show just about anytime he showed up. I want a followup series that involves James acting as his tour guide throughout England, mostly stopping at defunct British Leyland factories.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Love the go-karts in Osaka. UNRELATED TO NINTENDO

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
That company was recently sued by Nintendo.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/9/27/17910844/mario-kart-tour-japan-nintendo-lawsuit

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

for the second time, ever, they gave up on a vehicle on top gear (admittedly, repairing that would have likely rivaled the wrx steering fix) ..... and then they did it again

plus doing a challenge that didn't even involve their cars

what the motherfuck?

EvilMoFo fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 10, 2020

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

So-so episode. The Dart was kind of badass. I legit cracked up and had to pause it when the back fell off the Trans Am. Looked like the rear end was held in with rebar somehow, lol.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
It was hard to tell if the rebar came from the pontiac or if he caught some rebar on the side of the road during an episode of axle hop and then that tore the axle loose.

Either way, it made me crack up hard.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Yeah it's hard to tell for sure; I just assumed the rebar was part of the suspension.

That Moto-Cross/sidecar Racing was wild.

Chris Knight fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 12, 2020

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

That was not a good episode. I wonder Paddy is just trying to fit the Jeremy Clarkson role by being an rear end in a top hat.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Freddy is growing on me and Harris is great but paddy is a massive loving tool and can barely form coherent sentences. Watching him hang his door open on the Olds was one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

opengl128 posted:

So-so episode. The Dart was kind of badass. I legit cracked up and had to pause it when the back fell off the Trans Am. Looked like the rear end was held in with rebar somehow, lol.

The absolute highlight of the episode.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Anyone watching Hammond's "Big" series? The train tunnel one was a hoot. I'd love to rip my bike down one of those things.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I've only got the first episode so far on Philo TV and the Science channel...........the humungo VW plant was really cool.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 15, 2020

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Chris Knight posted:

Anyone watching Hammond's "Big" series? The train tunnel one was a hoot. I'd love to rip my bike down one of those things.

Near lake Mead, there's a railway tunnel trail that leads right up to Hoover dam. Literally bike paths through old cart rail tunnels for constructing the dams.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Who's the production crew who did Our Man in Japan? Wonder if the production drama was manufactured at all, and if not, if James ever did that in TG.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Production drama?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Cojawfee posted:

Production drama?

There was a bus in the back of a shot and someone wanted to retake it, James wasn't having it. A few scenes later James was getting a massage that involved a foot nearly us his rear end as "punishment" for not reshooting.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
And him wanting to perfect his piano tuning while the rest of the production crew left.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have a feeling that was all manufactured or at least they were just rolling with whatever made a better documentary. The piano one definitely seemed fake with the lady going around turning random lights off and just leaving the one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Side-hacking, Peruvian-style.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

that baja thing was a bit of a disaster but less of the third wheel was good.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
TBH I was hoping they got further than they did. They should deffo try it again.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

back to manufactured drama nonsense this week. I assume most viewers are into that kind of thing and I just cannot understand why they are... kind of like everything most people are into.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
That airbag soccer was far too short. Paddy needed a few more in the head lmao.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Qmass posted:

back to manufactured drama nonsense this week. I assume most viewers are into that kind of thing and I just cannot understand why they are... kind of like everything most people are into.

Yeah pretty big yawnfest, other than the electric VW. That thing was bonkers.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
James Mays Japan show is great.

Bim!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Our (US) scheduling is odd. Ep 1 was the VW plant, ep 2 was the C5, then it skips 3 for some reason and goes to Ep 4, which is the ship (which hasn't aired yet).
I'm hoping we end up getting them all.

Waltzing Along posted:

Bim! Guess what!
Shijo-Ohashi is a bridge representative of Kyoto that crosses the Kamo River over Shijo Street. It is also called Gion Bashi.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 26, 2020

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Is there any word on when the next grand tour special is?

I gotta say, it feels like everyone lost when the original trio left the bbc.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Q!=E

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Haha, amazing: https://teespring.com/hey-bim-guess-what?pid=2&cid=6046

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham