Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
yes that was me. being called a statist by a libertarian is like being called an adult-fucker by a pedophile. something like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Suspicious posted:

yes that was me. being called a statist by a libertarian is like being called an adult-fucker by a pedophile. something like that

Lolbertarian: you’re a rapturetory statist!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
found it

Suspicious posted:

being called a statist by a libertarian/anarchist/whatever is about as insulting as being called an adult fucker by a pedophile

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Alan Smithee posted:

Lolbertarian: you’re a rapturetory statist!

:wrong:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Suspicious posted:

Higher standards means "is pro bitcoin" to them.
look when cointelegraph tells you that shitcoinXLturboultra is going to take off any second now that's a reliable source don't loving say otherwise you statist shill

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/mitchysuch/status/1221795051476541443?s=19

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
hi when can i expect hyperbitcoinisation i keep waiting for my body to become bitcoins and its not happening

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

Boxturret posted:

hi when can i expect hyperbitcoinisation i keep waiting for my body to become bitcoins and its not happening

:incorrect:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i googled it and got this

https://www.bullionstar.com/blogs/jp-koning/hyperbitcoinization/

quote:

Whoops, you just got bitcoin’d
Though he might not have recognized 2019, my boss would have certainly seen the similarities between his vision and that mapped out by the newest group to join the anti-fiat money camp: the bitcoiners.

There is a faction of the bitcoin community that preaches the idea of hyperbitcoinization. According to them, the world is on the verge of coughing up its fiat money and adopting bitcoin.

“That’s my philosophy!” my boss would have protested.

But hyperbitcoinization isn’t just a warmed-up version of my boss’s crack-up boom, bitcoin substituting for gold. It’s a more muscled-up version. As Daniel Krawisz intimated when the term in 2014, hyperbitcoinization doesn’t need to be kicked off by governments engaging in a monetary race to the bottom. Hyperbitcoinization happens because bitcoin is already superior to fiat money.

you see it was stupid when goldbugs thought the same thing but when bitcoin does it it's valid

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

after waffling a bunch the guy finally comes to the conclusion that "actually no that's dumb, bitcoin is fundamentally a gambling platform and nothing else" so good job

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

He had won the victory over himself. He loved Bit Brother.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Shame Boy posted:

after waffling a bunch the guy finally comes to the conclusion that "actually no that's dumb, bitcoin is fundamentally a gambling platform and nothing else" so good job

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Anything that brings humanity closer to a post-apocalyptic world where Bitcoin is the only currency is good for Bitcoin.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

CampingCarl posted:

are you implying he was born hodling?

hodling deez nutz

e: deez butz

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Weatherman posted:

hodling deez nutz

e: deez butz

Same, but Deese nuts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

lol that they had to write a disclaimer at the bottom of the article for people taking the headline seriously

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/wired/status/1220474879557980160

https://twitter.com/thecryptoviser/status/1221911430762520577

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i made an app that shows you a smiling stock picture of a farmer and tells you that this guy definitely grew your coffee and you should send them 0.01 cents to feel good about yourself

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

this is knockoff coffee! it wasn't defecated by a bat at all, it was defecated by a rat:mad:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

this is knockoff coffee! it wasn't defecated by a bat at all, it was defecated by a rat:mad:

what if the coffee is defecated by a bitcoin man, how much would you pay for that

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

i made an app that shows you a smiling stock picture of a farmer and tells you that this guy definitely grew your coffee and you should send them 0.01 cents to feel good about yourself

Chasing fair trade farmers across the roof of a train so that I can throw penny shavings at him

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Shame Boy posted:

what if the coffee is defecated by a bitcoin man, how much would you pay for that

More than you would think, but less than you would hope.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Shame Boy posted:

i don't even drink coffee

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

...! posted:

defipingredditor for 2 days 1 point 3 hours ago

D Gerard. A man who hates crypto so much that his whole life has ended up revolving around it.

J Salk. A man who hated polio so much that his whole life ended up revolving around it.

Syd Midnight fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 28, 2020

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
sometimes you need a reminder to not read the comments on Hacker News

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=22170872

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
That always seemed like a frame job to me. Ross was a good kid from Westlake with utopian ideals who got in over his head, so they had to smear his character for this takedown so the public could stomach it. The FBI also stole 1600 Bitcoins in the process, so it's not like the agents involved didn't have an incentive.

They wanted to make an example out of him, and to add insult to injury, they took him out on a bullshit charge so he couldn't become a martyr for his well-meaning ideals of ending prohibition.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
when i attended jury duty in a drugs & guns case an old dude made a short speech during voir dire to the effect that drugs were a poison of the soul and he had nothing but contempt for those who deal them. i didn't make a speech, but I did tell the DA that I didn't believe drug crimes were necessarily victimless. he and I were not in the silent majority of libertarian jurors i guess

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Gazpacho posted:

when i attended jury duty in a drugs & guns case an old dude made a short speech during voir dire to the effect that drugs were a poison of the soul and he had nothing but contempt for those who deal them. i didn't make a speech, but I did tell the DA that I didn't believe drug crimes were necessarily victimless. he and I were not in the silent majority of libertarian jurors i guess

ok coiner

...!
Oct 5, 2003

*runs into thread, gasping for breath*

did someone say... buttcoin? i thought i heard it

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

no that was the call of the bird-deer, go back to sleep

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

...! posted:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Alan Smithee posted:

He had won the victory over himself. He loved Bit Brother.

big butter lol

i don't know what room 101 would be in this version tho, bitcoin addresses don't exactly roll off the tongue. on the other hand you could take the scene where winston listens to the prole guy bitching about the metric system, and turn it into a reference of the grampa simpson "five bees for a quarter" speech

...!
Oct 5, 2003

i would totally rally for ross wildwood

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
did you even read that post or are you just imagining one based on the quote gazpacho pasted above it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I liked the idea of a cyberpunk islet in the Wild West but Wildwood was not it

...!
Oct 5, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

did you even read that post or are you just imagining one based on the quote gazpacho pasted above it

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

we want YOU to free ross.
bring a helicopter or materials for a helicopter.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Gazpacho posted:

Ross was a good kid from Westlake with utopian ideals who got in over his head

such a good kid, once got garbage out of a tree, god bless u saint ross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

just wanted to end prohibition which is why he ran the website for free out of the kindness of his pure and gentle heart