Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

OhsH posted:

Why dont you marry it

get that sweet chinese marriage visa and not be able to legally work in china

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

ded posted:

thats what you get for being a sexpat

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Here's to 10,000 pages of harmonious posting!

TAIWAN #1

e: Please add this to the op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTqZ9xrxhHk

barbecue at the folks fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 28, 2020

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Hello new China thread.

I did 2 1/2 years in the glorious PRC. And as such will whinge about it occasionally in this thread.

More importantly, in my time in China I have eaten at Hooters in 3 different mainland Chinese cities, (also in Taipei and Hong Kong) So feel free to ask me about that.

No Japan? Sorry you’re missing the full East Asia set, that cuts the market value in half.

ded posted:

Lol do mainland spouse visas seriously not give work permission?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

https://i.imgur.com/aKKwPTO.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Sa641Gq.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/hleNHZS.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/oZ8UjSd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/7YyiwDQ.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/XxaDOSe.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/Zq7b6kk.mp4

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Private Cumshoe posted:

What was on the menu?

Exact same thing as in American Hooters. Overpriced chicken wings, and beer in big glasses.

But the one in Shanghai was nice enough to put the cricket on the TV for me, so that was nice.

LimburgLimbo posted:

No Japan? Sorry you’re missing the full East Asia set, that cuts the market value in half.

No, sorry, no Japan Hooters. But I have eaten at the one in Seoul, and bought my brother a T-Shirt from there for his birthday. Which I found out earlier this year has closed down. So there is that.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 28, 2020

Rat
Dec 12, 2006

meow
My year to shine

Let's get this bao

spacestronaut
Dec 7, 2010
So as an American trans woman, just how quickly would I vanish if I were to set foot on the mainland. (Aside from shenzhen, I've heard Americans can get away with a lot more there.)

youre
Dec 30, 2019

hakimashou posted:

very good OP that gonxifacai gong hei fat choi thing is my fav china picture ever

E: I welcome everyone reading our china thread to be happy every day

E2: here is a picture I took on a minibus in hong kong

lol

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

spacestronaut posted:

So as an American trans woman, just how quickly would I vanish if I were to set foot on the mainland. (Aside from shenzhen, I've heard Americans can get away with a lot more there.)

You probably wouldn't.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
This is Killing!

Cursed and Blessed images.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

spacestronaut posted:

many threads ago i posted a tumblr vid of two trans ladies performing fellatio on each other in a hotpot diner booth with their totally straight male friends next to them

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Why couldn't they have called it the coorsvirus?"

- the good people at Corona

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I've stopped participating in the last China thread since I don't live there anymore and modern China mainly depresses me. But I did over five years in Chinese, and I'm married to a Chinese woman so it is a big part of my life.

I haven't been in China for two years, and its funny how the mind works. I kinda forgotten all the bad, annoying things, and I do sometimes miss living there.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Booty Pageant posted:

many threads ago i posted a tumblr vid of two trans ladies performing fellatio on each other in a hotpot diner booth with their totally straight male friends next to them

Excuse me mister this is 2020

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

LimburgLimbo posted:

Lol do mainland spouse visas seriously not give work permission?

They don't want dirty foreigners living in the mainland

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
For the OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat China finally got a shoneys. :unsmith:

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
5000 years of New thread openings, no why

Good work OP!

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012

BrainDance posted:

Excuse me mister this is 2020

uhh gently caress there goes my social credits!!!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Taiwan#1

Anyway my India trip is going well, in many places we stop to eat at, if they have menus, have "American Chop Suey" and "Chinese Chop Suey" on the menus. I have not asked what they are.

Also we are staying in a village outside of Munnar, we go to the only health clinic in the village. We're traveling with someone who used to work there as the pharmacist, he was there four years and it seems like we just get stopped everywhere we go to chat with people who know him. So when we are there he says "so what pills you want" and I say I'm having some heartburn. So we go into the pharmacy and get some pills for that and some other generics. All treatment and medicine there is free. Ohhh, the horrors of socialized medicine!

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I started reading these threads years ago, but I stopped reading the last thread around december 2018 because it got too depressing for me. I'll try to keep up with this one. Did haeier ever come back? Are the uyghur still being actively genocided? Is uncle xi still president for life?

I remember a long while back I read the peanut brittle story to an old coworker of mine, while we were out on a smoke break. Very short gal, hard drinker, mid 50s, butch lesbian, smoked like a chimney, drat hard worker. Had her laughing her rear end off :sax: memories

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN0vUlljX0I

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

China is a part of Taiwan

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

GoutPatrol posted:

Taiwan#1

Anyway my India trip is going well, in many places we stop to eat at, if they have menus, have "American Chop Suey" and "Chinese Chop Suey" on the menus. I have not asked what they are.

Also we are staying in a village outside of Munnar, we go to the only health clinic in the village. We're traveling with someone who used to work there as the pharmacist, he was there four years and it seems like we just get stopped everywhere we go to chat with people who know him. So when we are there he says "so what pills you want" and I say I'm having some heartburn. So we go into the pharmacy and get some pills for that and some other generics. All treatment and medicine there is free. Ohhh, the horrors of socialized medicine!

In India, 2 minute noodles/ instant ramen are very popular and quite alot of food vendors sell them under names like chop suey etc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A beautiful world with beautiful places to visit

Barudak fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jun 28, 2021

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

There's a Danish newspaper who did A Thing. (in danish, sorry). For the ones who don't want to dig into this story they've also helpfully summed it up:

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!
traditional chinese medicine

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/27/cdc...k&ICID=ref_fark
110 cases in the US now. We dead

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

font color sea posted:

I'm more worried by the traditional Chinese dentistry on display.

The comedic timing on these is extraordinary. Just amazing.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Boiled Water posted:

There's a Danish newspaper who did A Thing. (in danish, sorry). For the ones who don't want to dig into this story they've also helpfully summed it up:

And it has three million chinese panties in a bunch and the official ambassador demanding the newspaper in question issue an official apology...

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Despera posted:

r/sino is a treasure
That image should be in the op. Someone post it.

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Khorne posted:

That image should be in the op. Someone post it.

Good news, it is already in the op

Grand Fromage posted:

What are China tankies?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

CIGNX posted:

Good news, it is already in the op
Break it free of the timg and let it spread its wings.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

110? Lol poo poo. Rip us all

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

font color sea posted:

Not enough ground up penises from endangered animals.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

Boiled Water posted:

Status on the feelings of the Chinese people: hurt.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
Good on the Danish prime minister though

https://www.thelocal.dk/20200128/we-have-free-speech-danish-pm-avoids-direct-response-to-china-over-flag-controversy

quote:

Frederiksen commented briefly on the matter on Tuesday prior to a Social Democratic parliamentary party meeting, Jyllands-Posten reports.

I have nothing else to say about it other than that we have a very, very strong tradition in Denmark, not only for free speech, but also for satirical drawings, and that will continue in the future as well. It is a well-known Danish position, and we won’t change that,” she said.
The PM did not respond directly to the Chinese calls for an apology.

“I just want to say from Denmark and the Danish government's side, all we have to say is that we have freedom of expression in Denmark -- also to draw,” Frederiksen said.

There was no further need to explain Denmark’s position to China, she also said.
“I don't think anyone is uncertain about how Denmark works in terms of free speech,” the PM said.

She said her comments could be considered an “official statement on my part” over Denmark’s position on free speech.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Jeppe Kofod expressed similar sentiments in comments given to the same newspaper

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

fish and chips and dip posted:

Status on the feelings of the Chinese people: hurt.

How long until this escalates to the level of “killing”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
I just want constant updates on the built in 10 days hospital. I need to know how long it actually takes and if it holds up to a major rainstorm