Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Etr was also on my list yesterday so I’m more than happy to switch if needed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

Hey hal what are some of your top scum reads

Sal, RF... Maybe humalong?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Etr is probably a fine vote since they will never do enough to really get a read on

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I reread Eat the Rich and he looks Town to me, his reads track well with my own reactions. Unsurprisingly my top suspects are the bandwagon on him. With no cases or justifications.

What’s the case?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay i'm feeling human again after the australia day long weekend. i'll pick up where i left off by explaining why i was poking you, mr. steak, in my semi drunken sarcasm.

Mr. Steak posted:

but yeah, the retribution ability wont illuminate anything about vote patterns, so anyone who tries to read into that is probably scum looking for a fake case.

the only ones who'd know about it, and hence the only ones whose behavior would change *at all* from knowing it, are the other scum. and the other scum had literally nothing to worry about. soo... i'd like to know what you're trying to imply, hambeet

a) normally it wouldn't illuminate much about voting patterns when 1 player has 1 vote. my point is that you have more than one, yet still managed to not have a vote on the flipped scum. i think that's a fair thing to point out and
b) to then try the 'anyone who talks about it is scummy' is pretty crap. you're trying to shut down conversations because you don't like the topic conversation. a super townie attitude to have i'm sure. so now i'm going to talk about it more.

the whole thing stuck out to me because when 2penny was -3 you unvote

Mr. Steak posted:

##unvote 2penny
##unvote leith
##vote cpig

and give this reasoning a few minutes later

Mr. Steak posted:

this deadline discourse is reeking to me of an aloof scumteam having fun while town picks between two town options (2penny and leith). the reason i think this is very few people are actually posting useful content outside of those 2. if scum were in danger of death, other scums would be at least making an attempt to generate fake content either for or against their bud. but what im seeing here is a town (in the general sense of "all players") who is fairly apathetic toward the lunch. on d1 that's normal, but if it was scum about to be lunched, we'd be seeing more investment in the lunch. ergo, 2penny and leith are town

which was an interesting justification considering leith never got higher than -3, as b-minus pointed out

b-minus1 posted:

Except leith has never been in any real danger of being lunched.

and it was even more interesting considering the last two things you had posted (content wise aside from extra vote fuckery)

Mr. Steak posted:

extravote1 2penny i agree that he has been scummy.

Mr. Steak posted:

oh shoot, my extravote1 was already on leith though, who i also find scummy, so instead i'll ##extravote2 leith

:thunk:

so after you unvoted leith and 2penny, you chucked a vote on etr. idk why you never say. but you do reaffirm you're not gonna vote 2penny

b-minus1 posted:

Vote penny friends

and only one person backs you on it lumpen (linked for post tidiness)

so where did your 3 votes end up at the end of the day?

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 1

2 penny bottle imp (9): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, b-minus1, Leith Maclaine, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, Hal Incandenza, charms, SalTheBard
b-minus1 (3): Leith Maclaine, CapitalistPig, xiw, IllegallySober, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, Retro Futurist, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, CapitalistPig, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen
Leith Maclaine (1): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, 2 penny bottle imp, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong
CapitalistPig (1): IllegallySober, IllegallySober, b-minus1, b-minus1, Mr. Steak
Eat The Rich (1): 2 penny bottle imp, 2 penny bottle imp, Mr. Steak
hambeet (1): Anonymous
Mr. Humalong (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Mr. Steak (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (0): Lumpen, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, Eat The Rich, charms, Eat The Rich, Lumpen, charms
Lumpen (0): Mr. Steak, SalTheBard, Retro Futurist, Mr. Steak, Retro Futurist, SalTheBard
charms (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
SalTheBard (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober, IllegallySober
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong
Hal Incandenza (0): b-minus1, b-minus1, charms, charms
IllegallySober (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 25th, 2020 at 6 p.m. CST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 7

hmm not 3 votes, only 2. a vote each on etr and cpig who were never in any real threat of being lynched. actually they were both at zero votes when you voted them. so idk what happened to your third vote, it looks like you didn't re-vote your third. hmmmm.

so yes, me commenting on the fact that you weren't on the vote of the scum that really did flip with a revenge power is relevant, especially considering you have 2 more chances than any other player to land a vote on a scum with your 3 votes. it just so happens though that you didn't. so i humorously pointed out that's a little bit convenient and i think your reaction to my prodding was very interesting.

i'm gonna catch up on the rest of the thread for now, but will probably circle back to this.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

anyway, i find it weird that nobody got hardly any votes on them yesterday except 2penny. scum must have just cut their losses and gone for the equal exchange (even though its not equal at all and way more beneficial to town than scum)

maybe one of the scum had france as their target. :shrug:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Hello friends.

Whoever Byzantium is killed Austria last night.

:*

classic c-pig gambit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

why are other people voting my town reads? stop that. my votes are only there so they have a watch on them tonight.

:eng101: them voting one of your town reads flipped a scum!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Leith Maclaine posted:

I'm surprised that 2 penny didn't revenge kill me.

I think that is a interesting observation about cpig from xiw but cpig gave that information up without prompting which is odd....

i am interested in why he picked IS, but i don't know if we'll find that out for a while.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

sure are a lot of watchers in this game

are you claiming too here?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I would vote Sal today or any other day until he stops being scummy

Like this!

##vote Sal

i do sorta agree on the mounting sal case as well.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

ETR's vote is bad and has no justification. ETR has also refused to engage with me in any sort of meaningful way so it's whatever there

I think Steak's multi vote power got upgraded and now he can Watch whoever he votes for or something so that is why Steak is voting that way. I could be misunderstanding Steaks posts.

that's exactly what he's said to this point. i guess my concern here is that it gives him an excuse and could lead to us ignoring his voting habits.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

charms posted:

I need to write faster.

##vote Lumpen

what? why? i don't get how you write up a case on retro, then switch to lumpen?

what changed here outside of you quoting sal and apparently just copying them?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Really stood by that Retro Futurist case didn't you!

!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lumpen posted:

All of these posts are so fake.

"Yay we got 'em!" and "Oh no fellow townies this sucks for us" posts are classic tells.

i don't think i've ever seen a scum actually do that though?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lumpen posted:

Also binus keeps flipping between "lol I don't care I'm just loving around I'm so carefree and laughing at the cases on me" and then "I am so legitimately pissed! Seriously. Jfc, with, why the gently caress is anyone voting me" and then back to "tee hee lol ha ha".

Read his posts. Analyze the tone. Actually read my case.

although the tone thing is a good point

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

y tho?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ppl pls post reasons when voting kthx

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

wall - o - beet

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

so why the votes on sal & etr?

i can kinda see a sal case (answering others' questions day 1, cosying up to b- looks like buddying, odd opinion on bussing this game), but it's not super strong.

etr? three votes and not one of them says why. just based on day 1 still?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

So who is scum, beet?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

So who is scum, beet?

I like my case on steak most, tbh.

steak, sal, charms

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

So who is scum, beet?

Why sal, Hal? I thought you were pals.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

Not in this game we aren't :-(

Beet, that is an interesting case on Steak you have given me a lot to think about.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that hambeet effortpost is really good. my only counter is that none of my posts were made with any conviction on day 1 with the sole exception of the long one about deadline discourse. also im always suspicious of an easy lunch that encounters basically no resistance at all. im still puzzling over why scum apparently gave up on 2penny so early.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, and in response to "leith never got that many votes", i wasnt looking at vote numbers, just the town's attitude. and the attitude toward leith seemed to be that pretty much everyone would have voted him as a close 2nd to 2penny

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Because he is mal?

I don't like Sal for a few reasons

1. Likes 2 Penny's take on content game early on but later flips to having "suspicion" of 2P that doesn't have a lot of justification, then only votes him weakly at the end of the day

2. Seems to be tunneled on Lumpen, but why? Because of content game? Unclear why he has this hard read

3. Over the top defense and buddying of b- that he has declared will carry through the whole game.

These are some fairly hard opinions that are not justified by Sal's posting, I think town Sal is going to be a little more circumspect and would be prodding at his scum/town reads more and not just voting

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.

SalTheBard posted:

I would too but we have no idea what Lumpens alignment is

You know, for someone who doesn't have a clue as to what Lumpen's alignment is, you do seem to be focused on them a lot.

This is after your first vote on Lumpen so you voted for them even when you admitted you had no case.

Legal poo poo today in RL so I am getting a vote down in case my day turns screwy

##vote Sal

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (4): Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak
Eat The Rich (3): b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong
b-minus1 (2): Lumpen, Retro Futurist, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine
Lumpen (2): SalTheBard, charms
charms (1): xiw
Retro Futurist (0): charms, charms

Not Voting (1): hambeet

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 11 hours, 14 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
drat it I have a mental block when it comes to Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Did you guys skip my post where I said it's OMGUS? I don't like playing Mafia with Lumpen. That's part of my posts. I don't like content game so early because it's scummy and pointless white noise.

B- is a strong town read for me, opinions can change, but as of now I wouldn't vote for him.

If you want to cuddle me for that then fine. You are going to cuddle a townie.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bluhhh ##unvote sal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Did you guys skip my post where I said it's OMGUS? I don't like playing Mafia with Lumpen. That's part of my posts. I don't like content game so early because it's scummy and pointless white noise.

B- is a strong town read for me, opinions can change, but as of now I wouldn't vote for him.

I did read all that, but I don't think OMGUS I don't like playing with this guy is a great reason to push someone for two days and I would think you'd have more but that's fine

This new statement about b- is much more rational than what you posted earlier that was "I won't vote for b- today or any day"

Hmmmm makes some cases on people besides lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

OMGUS usually means the shady practice of voting someone who is voting for you. Voting for someone you meta don’t like is usually referred to as a “policy vote”.

I hope this is an act because you’re Secret Alliance, because I like playing with you :(

My top 3 list is still binus, CPig, and Sal, would vote any of them.
##vote SalTheBard

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I don’t like this Sal push at all. I won’t vote Sal.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like this Sal push at all. I won’t vote Sal.

Would you consider voting for him on future days?

charms
Oct 14, 2012

hambeet posted:

what? why? i don't get how you write up a case on retro, then switch to lumpen?

what changed here outside of you quoting sal and apparently just copying them?

I didn't see Sal's vote until after I posted that diatribe. Since my case for Lumpen is virtually the same as my case for RF, after I saw Sal's post I thought it made more sense to double up on Lumpen rather than solovote again.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

charms posted:

I didn't see Sal's vote until after I posted that diatribe. Since my case for Lumpen is virtually the same as my case for RF, after I saw Sal's post I thought it made more sense to double up on Lumpen rather than solovote again.

It may have helped if you let us know you had the same case on Lumpen as you did for RF

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

It may have helped if you let us know you had the same case on Lumpen as you did for RF

Oh you did sort of mention that in your original post, I missed that the first time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##unvote for now, want to think on a couple things