Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Studio posted:

My vault had like 2 epics, no epic wild cards, and no champs :mad:
oh yeah? I got no epics AND no champs in my level 12. beat that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

You get a champ with your first expedition each week guaranteed, and you get a free expedition token no matter your vault level.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Lord_Magmar posted:

You get a champ with your first expedition each week guaranteed, and you get a free expedition token no matter your vault level.

Isn't the token at level 10? It doesn't upgrade any chests, so I believe that's where it's at.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah I had a level 6 vault and didn't get a token. The graphic posted earlier only had it in the upper level vaults.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Level 9 vault, no expedition token.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Studio posted:

My vault had like 2 epics, no epic wild cards, and no champs :mad:
I got pretty lucky I suppose. I was at the max, which I believe is 13. I got enough shards to get a Champion/fund a draft and I pulled a Champion (albeit one I didn't want) in my boxes. I think the best course of action, though, is to use the shards on drafting instead of buying Champions outright. You cannot pull dupe Champions until you have them all, IIRC, so it seems wasteful to drop 3k on a Champion unless you really hate Expedition mode or you're like, that one Champion away from completing your deck.

TyrantWD posted:

The fact that very few players have collections anywhere near complete has definitely made my time playing LoR more enjoyable. When I did run into a meta deck like Dawnspiders, things became considerably less fun. I feel like there should have been a $10 and $20 starter bundle in addition to the $5 option to help kickstart your collection.
I think the issue is that a lot of the decks in the meta are relatively easy to assemble - stuff like Dawnspiders and Elusive aggro beats don't run many if any Epic cards and have extremely low numbers of Champions in them as constructed online, which is why I think waiting and seeing how things shake out is a valid take. If you get the Elises, you can put Dawnspiders together with $10 or less and some reasonable play.

I still think SI is too strong just on its face, but a lot of stuff that is currently meta I expect to drop considerably in usefulness as people can afford to build more complete decks. The Stun Gun deck I have is feature complete and I just went on a streak of 7 wins in Ranked with it - it's encouraging to be sure, but it was more expensive to make than other stuff in meta. I think if you're a good player, Ezreal/Teemo/Jinx or some poo poo will also be pretty powerful, or Ezreal/Karma, in addition to Yasuo stuff. My first impressions of many Champions has turned out to be wrong way more often than right, as well - I thought Yasuo would be middling-to-bad, but he's actually fuckin awesome, and I thought Ezreal was one of the weakest Champions but now I think he's actually extremely good.

Lord_Magmar posted:

I actually forgot it, but the main gist was the discard package (Draven, Jinx, Draven's Biggest Fan, Chompers, Jury Rig, Get Excited, Vision, Rummage) with Ezrael and as many targetted removal options in both Noxus and Demacia as I can manage (Mystic Shot, Culling Strike, Blade's Edge, Noxian Guillotine, Whirling Death, Augmented Experimentor) You end up running a lot of 2 ofs instead of 3 ofs, but there's an assload of card draw and card creation all over so it's not that much of an issue. Against Elusive Decks and Fiora Decks you want your hard removal and elusive followers/champs, against other aggro you want your discard and Draven/Jinx stuff, against control you want even harder aggro and against tempo you try to beat them at their own game.

Rummage is an absolute all-star with the discard package in general btw and Noxian Guillotine turns even the smallest of damage spells into a kill spell if used right.
I'll probably try iterating on this on my own, then. Thank you for the tips. I'm really kind of bad at deck construction - I tend to look at a shell I like, see what other people do with it, build that, and then tinker with it as necessary. So this was a valuable heads up, I appreciate it.

pog boyfriend posted:

expeditions have been a lot of fun for me, but mostly due to 7 wins. the final showdown at 7 wins is tense because it is the difference between "i get to play again" and "i just wasted 2 grand"... but thankfully i am good enough at the game to do it. the bastards at riot should make it such that 6 wins is still a positive, and 5 wins is close to breaking even, as to make going infinite something reliable and 7 wins something aspirable. i am making this a real word because otherwise the rhyme does not work. making a net positive for 6 wins makes losing the showdown at 7 wins not as punishing, while rewarding the winner even more so.
I think 6 wins should be at least 1.5k, yeah. I only have one complete win, but it was a run in which I also never lost, which felt weird. Demacia, Freljord, and Shadow Isles feel super great in draft, and Ionia and P&Z have felt super bad for me. I made the mistake of drafting Yasuo on my first run and he just cannot work unless you get pretty blessed, in my estimation. Meanwhile Trynd essentially auto-wins draft games for me so ???

e:

Cynic Jester posted:

Isn't the token at level 10? It doesn't upgrade any chests, so I believe that's where it's at.
The token is, in fact, at level 10.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Yeah, mine had 2 platinum chests and I got like 1000 shards and no champs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Max rank, and yes the token is 10+

Seems like a good amount of weekly stuff just for playing enough to max out the exp.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 28, 2020

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

as the most iconic and beloved figure in league of legends history, the least riot could do would be giving me 1 champion from this vault. smh. i am going to puke.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

as the most iconic and beloved figure in league of legends history, the least riot could do would be giving me 1 champion from this vault. smh. i am going to puke.

i already have 3 Yasuo heh nothin personnel, time to claim the diamond throne

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

guts and bolts posted:

i already have 3 Yasuo heh nothin personnel, time to claim the diamond throne

curious. your ambition stops at diamond? you have a long way to go before challenging me.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Okay having actually once more gotten the deck basically started (still need Ez) Progress Day is a real lifesaver some times, as is Trueshot Barrage, but because you're otherwise low to the ground you should only really run 1 each. If you're casting more than 1 of them you're already losing. Hold Culling Strike a lot, it's a nasty little removal for a shocking number of champions who are otherwise going to stonewall you, also remember that a spell that says KILL ignores barrier, which will royally ruin some people's days.

The deck plays like an aggro deck, you want to be constantly pushing damage or trading up with your cards, but feels like a control deck to pilot because there's a lot of killing of champions and followers you have to think about, as well as managing your hand size and what you discard and what you keep.

Also, your champions are 100% your most valuable cards in the deck, each of them on their own is a win condition once leveled up. You run enough spells that are cheap and draw that Ezrael will easily finish off a damaged Nexus, your discard package means you almost always can make a Super Mega Death Rocket, and once Draven gets going on the attack he's nasty as hell especially if you use his axes on Visions and Fire Chompers to control your opponent's ability to safely block a quick-striking overwhelm, or get extra axes from stuff like whirling death. Get any of them together and you have a drat party, Draven will empty your hand using his axes, and Jinx and Draven create cheap spells for Ezrael to shoot with.

If you have whirling death in hand and other kill spells don't be afraid to use Draven as a blocker either, people don't expect it, so you can use this to level up Draven on their turn by Whirling Death on a different attacker whilst Draven eats something small, provided of course he's been tossed his axe.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jan 28, 2020

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Used my vault stuff plus pretty much all my shards and WCs to build a complete rear end kickin' deck. Just needs a 3rd Hec :feelsgood:

CEBAIAICAYEQ2GYGAECQOCQVC4PSEAQCAECRMKQCAEBAGKQCAEAQEGABAECQC

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

CEBAIAICAYEQ2GYGAECQOCQVC4PSEAQCAECRMKQCAEBAGKQCAEAQEGABAECQC
:hmmyes:

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

i got quite a few champs from my prologue / region rewards this week but nothing from the vault. but thats ok!! its a fun game!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
My vault level 9 (2 plats and a gold) was 1300 shards, 24 greens and 4 blues (I think).

You'd make like 4 packs a week from dailies on Hearthstone? So that would be 25 cards, you could grind for more and get better results from arena but then that's more grind.

So doing the dailies gives better return than the dailies in Hearthstone, grinding more until level 13 is far, far better than just grinding wins in Hearthstone.

Arena vs Expedition is a different question.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

hearthstone arena is way harder imo. i was able to make a full spider deck in expeditions, it just kept throwing arachnophilia buckets at me

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

3 pvp wins a day for a week is 9100 xp. Hitting 10k xp will be pretty easy this week.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

a fatguy baldspot posted:

hearthstone arena is way harder imo. i was able to make a full spider deck in expeditions, it just kept throwing arachnophilia buckets at me

It's actually meant to do this, kind of. Because of the highly synergistic nature of the game the way the Expiditions work is they offer you your two champion buckets, and then alternate between synergy buckets and wild card buckets (which will still usually have some level of synergy) and unlike say, Hearthstone's bucket system this one will always give synergy buckets based on your original champion picks so you can't screw yourself by grabbing neat wild card buckets. Add in the ability to swap cards and you can sometimes see straight up constructed tier decks in the Expiditions (especially at high wins).

It will also try to offer champions that have some synergy with your initial champion picks, although your first two champion picks can have zero synergy at all which tends to confuse it.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
via a reddit post it looks like devs have framerate options coming in a patch next week. which is nice! the game interface is nice and clean but the 30fps lock kind of makes it feel like playing a mobile game on PC, unlocked will feel way better

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I've found a correlation between going 7-0 and Teemo. Any deck with 2 or more Teemos has gone 7-0, while I've yet to go 7-0 with a deck that does not have any. Granted, my sample size is small but I don't care, because Draven's voice line when you play a Teemo is "What the gently caress is that?"

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Boxman posted:

They’re doing a good job incorporating League into this game in interesting ways!

Someone over in the sub reddit also fixed up Yasuo for similar flavor:

loooool

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I went 7-1 on my first try with a Damacia-ionia deck. I had 3 Luxes with lots of medium/big spells.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Someone explain me why elusive creatures have as good stats as regular creatures while also having keywords like lifesteal?

What idiots designed this initial card block.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
And why did they include enough elusive dudes that you can throw one down every turn, even have one with a +2 attack buff that you cant deny.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Im not a professional game designer but I think I would be clever enough not to give the elusives life steal.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Elusive aggro vs. Yasuo deck has gone in my favor so far, but I'm not sure how much of that is down to completeness of the decks or lucky draws. Getting Yasuo out early is absolutely essential and I've been doing hard mulligans to find him. Deny is a dead card except to counter their counter, but most players chew up all their mana every turn anyway. Boomerang makes Lifeblade less scary if he buffs up, and if you can drop an Intimidating Roar with Deny protection for it that's essentially GG. The Legion Generals are also hilarious because in virtually any game they show up in, they're like 16/16 Fearsomes, it's great.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Buller posted:

Someone explain me why elusive creatures have as good stats as regular creatures while also having keywords like lifesteal?

What idiots designed this initial card block.
4 mana 2/3 doesnt seem at rate to me...

The two elusives that might be over the line are conspirator and greenglade duo (shadow assassin too obviously but it's less aggro). Conspirator technically has a downside but hawk and mentor are so so strong with it.

Greenglade duo is just insane but making an otherwise op 1 health card is how the devs want to diversify the cards that are powerful in specific matchups (it makes blade's edge and freljord archer better cards for example and it makes vile feast ridiculous).

The elusive cards beyond conspirator, duo, and shadow assassin are not compelling, but I agree those three really are very strong. But so are fiora, jinx, hecarim, mark of ionia, etc etc

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jan 28, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cynic Jester posted:

I've found a correlation between going 7-0 and Teemo. Any deck with 2 or more Teemos has gone 7-0, while I've yet to go 7-0 with a deck that does not have any. Granted, my sample size is small but I don't care, because Draven's voice line when you play a Teemo is "What the gently caress is that?"

teemo in expeditions owns

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I could not get a Teemo deck rolling in expeditions last week. Are there certain pickups I should make to make sure it works?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

No Wave posted:

3 pvp wins a day for a week is 9100 xp. Hitting 10k xp will be pretty easy this week.

Thank you for doing this basic math. I was concerned I’d need another expedition to put me over the edge this week, but I should be able to handle that.

Buller posted:

No one show this guy Vampire Nighthawk

I think Evasive isn’t a huge issue because the best counter to it - challenger - is itself a very powerful keyword.

EDIT: OP you should put that table showing weekly chest rewards and contents in the first post.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
don't bother playing for your rewards at the moment, the latest patch seems to have broken XP gain

Cynic Jester posted:

the universe is punishing me for my 7-0 Teemo wins by pitting me against other Teemo decks where I get styled on by poo poo like Lucian 》Senna or they will have 60 puffcaps in their deck and only draw one or two at a time while I have twenty in my deck and draw two to four at a time

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

In closed beta a played a Teemo deck that just drenched the opponent with mushrooms. It was the most fun deck of cards I’ve ever played with. I don’t see any Teemo decks around right now - was that nerfed?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Tenacious J posted:

In closed beta a played a Teemo deck that just drenched the opponent with mushrooms. It was the most fun deck of cards I’ve ever played with. I don’t see any Teemo decks around right now - was that nerfed?

Just requires very specific cards, and stuff isn't unlocked yet

Android Lust
Sep 2, 2012

I hit 7 wins with a teemo deck in expedition last week in what seemed to be the luckiest draft possible. Tried my luck at it again and had nothing rolling. Very big sad.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If you cant answer a teemo you cant answer a greenglade duo which is fast death right now. Not a good time for teemo in constructed.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Boxman posted:

Thank you for doing this basic math. I was concerned I’d need another expedition to put me over the edge this week, but I should be able to handle that.

No one show this guy Vampire Nighthawk

I think Evasive isn’t a huge issue because the best counter to it - challenger - is itself a very powerful keyword.

EDIT: OP you should put that table showing weekly chest rewards and contents in the first post.

If Vampire Nighthawk blocked he died.

If the Ionian lifestealer blocks he gets barriered and buffed and never dies! Even when you use a Challenger they just Burst him and he lives on. Ionia does too much. Aggro, combat tricks, counter, recall, hand buffing.

You cant even counter them by just attacking with bigger non-elusive creatures because for some reason Ionia also gets the best blockers in the game!

They get cheap cards where you throw down 1 dude and you get 2 chump blockers. So you cant race their tempo because they will punish your mana with recall, punish your challengers with combat tricks and punish your racing with cheap multi-chump blockers.

Nighthawk cost 2x black and was mostly used in tribal vampires which dont have half of these things available to them and were therefore counterable.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Getting to do some very fair things in this expedition

edit: I just got my third teemo

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Alright tell me when ur done with ur expedition jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Why is it whenever I go up against a Fiora in expedition, they always have her on turn 3 and the rest of their hand is literally nothing but barriers and buffs for her?