Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

<gestures at crotch>You are about to witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this thread has become quite rude

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
The Community > QCS: Questions, Comments, Suggestions > Tell The Mods To Stop Posting About Palpatine’s Dick

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

How did Kylo Ren get back to exogol, when a) he broke the wayfinder and b) tie/ln are not equipped with hyperdrives?

Not only are they not equipped with hyperdrive, they don't even have life support systems :laugh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Mooey Cow posted:

Not only are they not equipped with hyperdrive, they don't even have life support systems :laugh:

Hey! An ejector seat can be considered a life support system if you think about it.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

From my point of view, ejector seats are life support.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

nine-gear crow posted:

Hey! An ejector seat can be considered a life support system if you think about it.

It's true. From a certain point of view.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mooey Cow posted:

They don’t need them because Imperial pilots and stormtroopers wear enclosed spacesuits, as opposed to the Rebels who just have to hope that their canopy never gets punctured

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

What to do if your engine catches fire in space, due to combat damage or mechanical failure:

Imperials: eject and await search and rescue

Rebels: draw your sidearm and shoot yourself in the head

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

just watched this yesterday

its hilarious the abrupt turn going from the penultimate climax of TLJ that Rey is nobody
then the first 45 minutes of TRS there are 5 scenes of people going "everyone is asking... who IS rey?"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Funny probably EU thing is that the TIE fighters are actually descended from the Jedi starfighters you see in the prequels; they're fast but fragile as hell and underequipped because they're optimised for being piloted by precognitive. Also, Darth Vader is considered the most terrifyingly effective pilot in history.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

What to do if your engine catches fire in space, due to combat damage or mechanical failure:

One of the books has Luke rescue Wedge after Wedge's X-wing is disabled and he starts running out of air. It involves a lot of long-range Force manipulation to open the canopy and get him out without being exposed too long. If only they had some kind of mask-like technology with oxygen......

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

They don’t need them because Imperial pilots and stormtroopers wear enclosed spacesuits, as opposed to the Rebels who just have to hope that their canopy never gets punctured

I think he was laughing because Kylo didn't have a space suit.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
He could have picked an Alpha-class Xg-1 Assault Gunboat but instead he chose the craft that would have killed him before he even reached space at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really liked how JJ felt we needed to introduce force healing in a scene that served no narrative purpose whatsoever as its used twice more in the film but with different rules each time.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

I don't think stormtroopers are vac enabled, what with the pilots having air tubes.

If they're too cheap for shields, they're not going to send a rescue party into space.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

just watched this yesterday

its hilarious the abrupt turn going from the penultimate climax of TLJ that Rey is nobody
then the first 45 minutes of TRS there are 5 scenes of people going "everyone is asking... who IS rey?"

What really gets me about this is that going into TLJ I didn’t really care at all about who Rey’s parents were, but it sold me on the idea that it was important to Rey. Then ROS just takes it for granted that everybody is super invested in the mystery of Rey’s origins to the point that they don’t bother spending a minute of screentime setting it up.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

the idea that Rey's parentage is uninteresting to people & they were happier with her as no-one is incomprehensible to JJ. it's one of the great missteps of TLJ as far as they're concerned, despite being one of the only parts almost everyone loving likes lmao.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As I recall, her being no one was one of the things the Redditmen were angriest about (because their fan theories)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Man, I can't believe you can thwart the Sith possession ritual that requires you to cut down the master Sith if you do it with two lightsabers. Suprised no one thought of that.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The good news is that TROS has established that you don't even need an explanation for un-killing a character so we can expect Kylo and possibly Han maybe even Luke to just be in the next film, no consequences.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Who got unkilled

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

zoux posted:

Who got unkilled

Palp

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh right. I guess I'm so used to The Emperor coming back in clone/holocron/ghost/presense form in EU stuff it doesn't even register to me anymore.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

zoux posted:

Oh right. I guess I'm so used to The Emperor coming back in clone/holocron/ghost/presense form in EU stuff it doesn't even register to me anymore.

I never dug into the EU, but it's my understanding that reviving the emperor, an improbable number of planet killing weapons, and force healing are all things that have happened or happen with some regularity.

Not that this is an excuse, what I do know of the star wars EU is that it's the dumbest poo poo I've ever heard of, but these aren't exactly new ground for the franchise.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

TBF Palpatine fell down a pit, and if there's one thing that Star Wars has made abundantly loving clear is that falling down a pit is pretty drat safe. In fact, it's so safe they don't even bother with railings. Sure, people are afraid of falling down pits, but in the end nobody actually ever dies from it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SaturdayKnight posted:

Yeah, the whole bog standard TIE being the ship that brought Kylo to the magical place thats almost impossible to get to (except literally everyone was able to get there) was, to me at least, the most obvious sign that nobody that actually likes Star Wars was involved in this Star Wars movie. Or anyone with enough foresight to go "hey remember that plot point we talked about earlier, should we like, you know, go through the movie and make sure everything is kinda vaguely consistent with it?"

I get why the shot existed, fan service of OMG CLASSIC TIE AND XWING NEXT TO EACH OTHER FOR THE LAST TIME but... not really worth it.

oh that's because exagol is inside endor, like the big red gassy thing that keeps people out is because it's a gas giant

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
The real gas giant was Rise of Skywalker.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Rey being a Palpatine is up there with midiclorians in terms of poo poo that's so stupid it makes previous star wars films slightly worse.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

zoux posted:

As I recall, her being no one was one of the things the Redditmen were angriest about (because their fan theories)

and then she’s a Palpatine and redditmen lost their poo poo in rage

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
whats redditmen

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i dunno most redditmen i've seen were pretty pleased with tros because it dumpstered the last jedi and tied even MORE stuff to the original trilogy

palpatine poo poo so dumb

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I keep thinking this is a TRON thread and well, it should be

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

cams posted:

i dunno most redditmen i've seen were pretty pleased with tros because it dumpstered the last jedi and tied even MORE stuff to the original trilogy

palpatine poo poo so dumb

lol that they made the movie incredibly stupid to please the dumbest possible fans

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ghost Leviathan posted:

lol that they made the movie incredibly stupid to please the dumbest possible fans

Loudest possible

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

zoux posted:

Loudest possible

They're dumb too.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

jjabrams has now produced+directed the worst star trek movie, and written+produced+directed the worst star war

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I'm starting to think that JJ Abrams isn't good.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

HootTheOwl posted:

I'm starting to think that JJ Abrams isn't good.

People laughed when we called him JJ "Lense Flare" Abrams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

good lord, hes directed six movies, ⅔ of which are star wars or star trek