Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

B- I'm incredibly sceptical of people voting for you. I wouldn't vote B- today or any other day.

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like this Sal push at all. I won’t vote Sal.
Noted. (They call this one “powerwolfing”.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Thank you Mafia Dad.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Hal Incandenza posted:

Would you consider voting for him on future days?

I’ll vote him if and when I think he’s scummy. Right now I have a town read of sal.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

SalTheBard posted:

Thank you Mafia Dad.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
So did etr completely check out of the game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Noted. (They call this one “powerwolfing”.)

Wtf is powerwolfing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wtf is powerwolfing

I think it's from one of those books Lumpen narrates

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Wtf is powerwolfing

When I googled it I found this:

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/3686-9-The-Art-of-Power-Wolfing-%28by-Thingyman%29

This website is blocked for me at work so I have no idea what it says

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
It appears to be "Defensive Distancing" whatever the gently caress that means

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
"Power wolfing (aka "power playing as scum") is a strategy that relies heavily on forcing the town into submission and/or manipulatively guiding the town towards self-destruction by actively taking control of the game thread and deciding the agenda. It is a proactive strategy, the success of which is dependent on complete mafia teamwork and an aggressive, confident mentality."

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh I thought power wolfing was like the opposite of sly dogging

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

SalTheBard posted:

It appears to be "Defensive Distancing" whatever the gently caress that means
No, the opposite.
It's when you blantantly support your buddy and aggressively criticize votes against them, and not bus.
Also making bold gambits ("hey put 5 votes on me") and then using you buddies to cooperate on getting Townies mis-snuggled with them (see 2Penny and CPig voting Leith D1.)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was sure power wolfing was what I did at lunch

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Steak posted:

that hambeet effortpost is really good. my only counter is that none of my posts were made with any conviction on day 1 with the sole exception of the long one about deadline discourse. also im always suspicious of an easy lunch that encounters basically no resistance at all. im still puzzling over why scum apparently gave up on 2penny so early.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I did read all that, but I don't think OMGUS I don't like playing with this guy is a great reason to push someone for two days and I would think you'd have more but that's fine

This new statement about b- is much more rational than what you posted earlier that was "I won't vote for b- today or any day"

Hmmmm makes some cases on people besides lumpen

hmmm out of etr or sal I’d vote etr because at least sal is posting

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

I don’t like this Sal push at all. I won’t vote Sal.

r u 2 in a masonry?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

charms posted:

I didn't see Sal's vote until after I posted that diatribe. Since my case for Lumpen is virtually the same as my case for RF, after I saw Sal's post I thought it made more sense to double up on Lumpen rather than solovote again.

hmmmm yeah okay, like Hal I think I skipped the mention of lumpen in your first post.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

hmmm out of etr or sal I’d vote etr because at least sal is posting

Probably feel the same way but I also note Sal was here to chitchat about stuff but not really actually contribute to scum hunting

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have seen it! The card say we're all going to vote ETR, then with like a day left Amni posts that they're being replaced, and we all leave that vote at the 11th hour for some weird apathy vote because someone said something vaguely awkward.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Better to vote binus now and deal with ETR later. If they don't post today they get modkilled anyways

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Retro Futurist posted:

I have seen it! The card say we're all going to vote ETR, then with like a day left Amni posts that they're being replaced, and we all leave that vote at the 11th hour for some weird apathy vote because someone said something vaguely awkward.
Deadline is in less than 6 hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Lumpen posted:

Deadline is in less than 6 hours.

drat it I was coming to post that

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

rf what’s your case on b+ again?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Retro Futurist posted:

Better to vote binus now and deal with ETR later. If they don't post today they get modkilled anyways

But I don't really want to vote binus I would rather ##vote RF

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Steak

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about :siren: 5 hours, 38 minutes.:siren:

Put down a vote.

Name your three top suspects, let's get to consensus.

My earlier List is still accurate. I will happily vote any if B-minus1, CPig, or SalTheBard.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xiw post count at risk of being lurkered?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, hambeet, Mr. Steak

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about :siren: 5 hours, 38 minutes.:siren:

Put down a vote.

Name your three top suspects, let's get to consensus.

My earlier List is still accurate. I will happily vote any if B-minus1, CPig, or SalTheBard.

Too late friend I already voted

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Eat The Rich (3): b-minus1, CapitalistPig, Mr. Humalong
SalTheBard (3): Eat The Rich, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen, Hal Incandenza
Lumpen (2): SalTheBard, charms
b-minus1 (1): Lumpen, Retro Futurist, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (1): charms, charms, Hal Incandenza
charms (1): xiw

Not Voting (2): hambeet, Mr. Steak

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is January 28th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CST -- that's in about 5 hours, 22 minutes.

The current day's mod post count is: 2

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, well in that case ETR has 6 hours to make 2 posts or they're modkilled, so is it worth spending the kill on them?

OTOH my Binus case is mostly gut, and the only one who seems to agree with me is lumpen...

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote Sal this is scum Sal

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Losing track of things sorry. I agree that the '2penny deliberately doing a bad claim so charms can call it out' is too convuluted ##unvote

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Rereading I see people claiming targets and I can see why so for future reference I targetted cpig, hum, and hal and wasn't blocked

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

xiw posted:

Losing track of things sorry. I agree that the '2penny deliberately doing a bad claim so charms can call it out' is too convuluted ##unvote

That was quick. It’s like I @ you. Or at least someone did... :v:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

@ed? @‘d? What looks better?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I take it no one likes my steak case aside from steak himself and sal?

Other than that, I’d vote sal if we are sure etr is going to get lurkered.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god i hate having town reads on the exact people everyone suspects (binus and sal).

though i do admit sal has been acting a little strange for what i know of his playstyle.

first, let me put watcher votes on some people so i dont miss doing that before hammer.

##extravote lumpen
##extravote hambeet

as for scum, i think this is scumalong, but i would vote binus. and as a 3rd choice, sal.

##vote humalong

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

it's now 10am my time so i'm at a computer instead of a phone in bed, it's a tough life.

##vote Sal for now, I'm not sure I buy the anger as a real thing and complaining about content game because noise is not a great argument for me - the complaining is as noisy as the game and produces less.

Okay here's a content game since I enjoyed the last one and i agree with the argument that responses to it are valuable because they are a new narrative that will be harder for scum to stay consistent with:

Who would you pull into a masonry if you could?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

hambeet posted:

I take it no one likes my steak case aside from steak himself and sal?

Mr. Steak posted:

oh wait 2penny was scum. lmao i literally forgot
This would be a very ballsy post to fabricate, I don't think Steak is the type. Maybe I'm a sucker but I judge it to be highly exculpatory and I feel confident Mr. Steak isn't Secret Alliance.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

but i would vote binus. and as a 3rd choice, sal.

to clarify, this is me stating my preference among people likely to be lunched today. i still think theyre more townie than not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I mean we cuddled scum D1 (Yay Town), we lost a town and a 3p on N1 so Town can afford the miscuddle here. I'll go ahead and claim, let the chips fall where they may.

I'm a Independent Nation aligned Jailer. When I power up I can Jail everyone once, but then I lose my jailing power for the rest of the game. I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I Jailed Lumpen on N1. I will keep my nation secret for now just to ensure that my "rival" doesn't insist on cuddling me to get their own powerup.