Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

hambeet posted:

Did you ignore my masonry question earlier?

honestly, i'd probably choose lumpen lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
oh you asked if sal and i were in a masonry. the answer is no

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
We have a mental masonry because we are conjoined twins

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

tyvm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

oh you asked if sal and i were in a masonry. the answer is no

Oh yeah it was sal I asked, my bad

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

Oh yeah it was sal I asked, my bad

I'm afraid to answer questions because I don't know which ones are directed at me and I don't want scum to accuse me of answer questions for others.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Lumpen posted:

No, the opposite.
It's when you blatantly support your buddy and aggressively criticize votes against them, and not bus.
Also making bold gambits ("hey put 5 votes on me") and then using you buddies to cooperate on getting Townies mis-snuggled with them (see 2Penny and CPig voting Leith D1.)

“Mr. Lumpen, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.”

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

So did etr completely check out of the game

My weekend of partying is over. I have a laptop and I'm catching up. I'll be way more active for the rest of the game.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

My weekend of partying is over. I have a laptop and I'm catching up. I'll be way more active for the rest of the game.

I'm going to go ahead and vote for Xiw (yes I'm aware that I quote ETR's post)

##vote xiw

But like goddamn Xiw and ETR just dropping in at the end of the day to be like "Lol sorry getting caught up!" is so loving scummy it's un loving believable.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

I mean we cuddled scum D1 (Yay Town), we lost a town and a 3p on N1 so Town can afford the miscuddle here. I'll go ahead and claim, let the chips fall where they may.

I'm a Independent Nation aligned Jailer. When I power up I can Jail everyone once, but then I lose my jailing power for the rest of the game. I'm sure this comes as no surprise, but I Jailed Lumpen on N1. I will keep my nation secret for now just to ensure that my "rival" doesn't insist on cuddling me to get their own powerup.

Dude there are only 2 alignments

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Oh I read further. I'm dumb. I need coffee.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

Oh I read further. I'm dumb. I need coffee.

Jesus loving Christ.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah look I’m getting more comfortable with that sal vote

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

yeah look I’m getting more comfortable with that sal vote

Do you not think that Xiw and ETR appearing literally 4 hours before the end of the day to be like "lol sorry!' and then dropping votes on me is a town thing to do? I sure as gently caress don't think it is.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Do you not think that Xiw and ETR appearing literally 4 hours before the end of the day to be like "lol sorry!' and then dropping votes on me is a town thing to do? I sure as gently caress don't think it is.

maybe the mod pinged them

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

maybe the mod pinged them

"Mod"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SalTheBard posted:

Look it’s a little eyebrow raising, but you lunging onto it is a little desperado.

Anyway I’m waiting to see what comes of their reads and catch up.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

hambeet posted:

Look it’s a little eyebrow raising, but you lunging onto it is a little desperado.

lol if you think they'll post any reads

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

My vote has been there since the beginning of the day. It's unlikely to change.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

hambeet posted:

I mean obviously as town player I don't want to be cuddled so gently caress yeah I'm Desperado especially since the "case"against me is so loving flimsy

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

My vote has been there since the beginning of the day. It's unlikely to change.

For the third time:

Case me or gently caress off

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote sal

sorry not sorry your scumbuddy died

Just for recall this is ETRs entire case

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I mean obviously as town player I don't want to be cuddled so gently caress yeah I'm Desperado especially since the "case"against me is so loving flimsy

usually it's scum who don't want to be axed since, you know, that's much worse for their faction than if a town member gets axed

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

usually it's scum who don't want to be axed since, you know, that's much worse for their faction than if a town member gets axed

I wish you could see my face reading this post. So basically what you are saying is that as town I should just go quietly into the night?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

Thats fine. Sometimes town players get cuddled on Day 1.

SalTheBard posted:

a radical shift in opinion

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
The first post was a joke response to B-.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

actually I think my incredible ability to sniff out scum is slightly out of alignment this game and that the scum is, in fact, Hal and not Sal.

##Vote hal

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am good with ##vote 2 penny today

Still do not feel great about Sal, AA or probably ETR, would vote any of them with no questions

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sal, RF... Maybe humalong?

constantly changing opinions on who is scum (does say ETR would still be a "good vote")

Hal Incandenza posted:

Probably feel the same way but I also note Sal was here to chitchat about stuff but not really actually contribute to scum hunting

:ironicat:

was a very late vote on 2penny, seems to be doing a lot of coasting and shitposting aside from a scant case on Sal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

actually I think my incredible ability to sniff out scum is slightly out of alignment this game and that the scum is, in fact, Hal and not Sal.

##Vote hal

:rolleyes:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Mr. Humalong posted:

constantly changing opinions on who is scum (does say ETR would still be a "good vote")

:ironicat:

was a very late vote on 2penny, seems to be doing a lot of coasting and shitposting aside from a scant case on Sal

Lol having somewhat different opinions on who scum is on different days is scummy?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Well make a case on someone that isn’t “is lurking” or “don’t like playing with them”

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I'm working through penny's posting yesterday but something for now - steak I don't understand why you told everyone you have a 3-person watcher? aren't you asking for a NK on you if that's the case? if you didn't explain it you could have just voted for likely nk targets and had a super good chance of catching people.

I just can't follow your thought process for this - your posting seems town but the only reason i can see to post this is if you're not considering 'oh i might die if i explain this ability'

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

xiw posted:

I'm working through penny's posting yesterday but something for now - steak I don't understand why you told everyone you have a 3-person watcher? aren't you asking for a NK on you if that's the case? if you didn't explain it you could have just voted for likely nk targets and had a super good chance of catching people.

I just can't follow your thought process for this - your posting seems town but the only reason i can see to post this is if you're not considering 'oh i might die if i explain this ability'

im immune to night kills as a general rule in mafia.

and i want to "soft cop" people by claiming a watch on them. it narrows down the list of nk targets for others

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

My case from the beginning of day 1 has been the lack of content from you and the fact that you dodged the content game.

Complaining about the content game is the exact same thing 2 penny did and I don't think 'white noise' is a good enough reason to not respond to questions that could help forward the game. It just shows you're unwilling to work with town.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Who are your top 3 picks for a vote today?

You never did reply to this.

You're also super focused on Lumpen with zero justification aside from OMGUS, which is not a good look.

SalTheBard posted:

Thats fine. Sometimes town players get cuddled on Day 1.

I would be willing to vote b-minus and hal. I'll try to provide reads before the end of the day otherwise I'll post them tomorrow.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Eat The Rich posted:

You never did reply to this.

gently caress off I did

SalTheBard posted:

Lumpen - Generating "content" but really its just white noise

2 Penny - This post is pretty scummy or just willful ignorance, I can't decided which is which

IllegallySober - Purely OMGUS reasons

Who would I not vote for today - Steak. This feels like very town Steak to me and I would be suss on anyone pushing him at this point.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I mean Jesus it was like 3 posts down

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
So the real info we have is Penny's posting yesterday and interactions, and the two town kills

vs ETR

2 penny bottle imp posted:

Overly enthusiastic and listing so many names calling so many people townie says newb scum to me.

Same thing here - gives no reason for the vig comment, just lets it sit there, like a bad perogie on the plate.

##vote Eat The Rich

I can't see this as a bus because it's the first vote on them and it's an argument that could have worked.

There's a whole sequence between Leith and Penny that starts here that's informative and leads straight through to the execute:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3908889&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post501944064

The most interesting post for me:

SalTheBard posted:

My pushback on content game is that is twofold:

1) It allows scum players to hide. For example, in this argument I'm scum. Nobody has asked me questions, thus I can just sort of skate through without providing actual content.

2) If Lumpen is scum, it allows him the ability to endlessly post questions to other players without having to defend his own opinions.

Content game on later days is fine, however content game on D1 (especially like an hour into the game being open) is dumb.

Probably a bit late for this but man this feels rear end-backwards to me - lategame there is content to work with and things to talk about, early game it's jokephase or content and I'll take content any time.

The thing that's weird about this for me is that reading it with the 'sal is bad' goggles on it looks like an attempt to restart the same slapfight about content games out of nowhere - as a diversion.

Side thoughts I haven't gotten any further with:
Why was AA the NK target?

Overall ratings:

Dubious:
Sal
Hal - Nothing major but I don't really follow the RF vote.

Unclear:
humalong / lumpen / rf / charms

Towny:
steak - okay, I can see the argument for narrowing nk targets.
Leith - the whole sequence with 2penny
Hambeet: posts a lot but it's actually all relevant to the game -

hambeet posted:

ppl pls post reasons when voting kthx
binus - the vote gambit thing worked well for him and identified 2penny.
charms - I like this post:

charms posted:

The scum could exploit a rift like that by splitting their goons between both sides. Being associated with one of the sides would be read as more scummy further into the game, which takes some heat off the scum on the other side.

Cleared:
ETR: 2penny started off seriously trying to get them executed, I don't think that makes sense in any world

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

gently caress off I did

yeah i ignored it because it didnt feel very genuine.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
So you willfully LIED in your case then because you felt it wasn't genuine? What you said is "I didn't respond" what you should've said (because this is how you feel) is "You responded, but it wasn't genuine." So again, your case is poo poo. This is scum making a half hearted case to justify their lovely loving vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I feel ETR's poo poo posting speaks for itself. Xiw I'm still going to watch you but like I think the evidence at this point is overwhelming ##vote ETR