Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Let Lindman judo throw Luchasaurus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just watching it now and seeing Diamante wearing her LAX gear makes me really, really want to see Santana and Ortiz ditch the Inner Circle and reunite LAX.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Just watching it now and seeing Diamante wearing her LAX gear makes me really, really want to see Santana and Ortiz ditch the Inner Circle and reunite LAX.

It would be awesome to see Sammy being torn between the two groups if they went this route.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
My wife thinks Big Swole isn't jacked enough to be Big Swole. She does think that Big Swole is a badass, just a misleading name.

I am not liking these shorter Dark episodes. They need to toss in another match..

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I am not liking these shorter Dark episodes. They need to toss in another match..

They taped 4-5 matches at the last Dynamite, I’m betting the others are being held for next week so they didn’t have to tape Dark on the cruise. Bet it goes back to normal the week after.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

a really fuxkin good episode of dark

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Chancla as a foreign object is pretty fun

This plus LAX on her trunks means I want to see her hanging with Santino & Ortiz

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Wellllllll
Well it's the Big Swooooole

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I think this was Swole's best match in AEW. Diamante seems great even if her mean mugging sometimes borders on silly.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

I think this was Swole's best match in AEW. Diamante seems great even if her mean mugging sometimes borders on silly.

Agreed, this gave Swole a chance to act dominant, which is part of what she had been missing. When you come out with the name Big Swole and you have a moving backstory and a talent for selling, there's a touch of incongruity.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Wellllllll
Well it's the Big Swooooole

cursed post

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Ganso Bomb posted:

I felt like it was just on the right side of Ortiz yelling “I’m a heel!”

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I felt like it was just on the right side of Ortiz yelling “I’m a heel!”

I never saw that version of LAX together but just from her attitude and personality coming through in this match, I can't imagine how off the wall bonkers that trio would be together. It feels like that kind of crazy, unpredictable energy that would make them instant superstars.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ganso Bomb posted:

I never saw that version of LAX together but just from her attitude and personality coming through in this match, I can't imagine how off the wall bonkers that trio would be together. It feels like that kind of crazy, unpredictable energy that would make them instant superstars.

First female member of the Inner Circle?

Sammy tries to hit on her and she bodies him into a trash can.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Lamuella posted:

First female member of the Inner Circle?

Sammy tries to hit on her and she bodies him into a trash can.

This would loving rule. Even from just seeing her this one time, it's clear she has a real aura about her and she carries herself differently from anyone else on the roster. Being the real bruiser of the Inner Circle would be amazing, especially for any and all interactions where she intimidates Hager because she's scarier and more dangerous than he is.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Diamante was cool even if she looked gassed af near the end of the match, but not sure if that was on purpose to sell how rocked she got. Those kicks near the end looked really slow but other than that she has a really cool look.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DLC Inc posted:

Diamante was cool even if she looked gassed af near the end of the match, but not sure if that was on purpose to sell how rocked she got. Those kicks near the end looked really slow but other than that she has a really cool look.

Some of them looked awful and then there were two good ones in a row that brought me back.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Apparently she was in a match at the WrestleCon Mark Hitchcock Memorial Show last year where she teamed with Santana, Ortiz, and Sammy against DJ Z, Puma King, Samantha Heights & Tajiri . Which if nothing else is a wild as hell combo for an 8 man.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Diamante seemed pretty green when she was in Impact and I don't think she's got a ton of experience under her belt. But she clearly had enough ability to hang with Swole (and Swole is good but not like someone who strikes me as carrying people good) and she's just really a fun character who obviously fits Santana & Ortiz so well. Which is of course because they all three adopted the characters under Konnan and LAX together.

Go hire Kingston to lead them and watch magic happen.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Dark is back, but not live (ignore the date, it is different than last week).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8P3tqCGqdk&hd=1

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Just remove all plans for Britt Baker on TV and replace with Shanna, I love her

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Why the gently caress don't they do Premieres anymore? They're so much fun!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I wish this was live, but oh well, more AEW is good!

Edit: Oh hell yes, the control center is just Tony chilling on the cruise :hellyeah:

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I wish this was live, but oh well, more AEW tables is good!

Edit: Oh hell yes, the control center is just Tony chilling on the cruise :hellyeah:

Fixed that a bit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Shanna getting a pop for setting the table up right :3:

(edit): Nyla feels like she’s come a long way from where she was just a few months ago. Don’t know if it’s just her getting more comfortable or the way they are agenting the dark matches or coaches working with her but she seems a lot more self-assured in the ring.

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jan 29, 2020

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

NYLA :woop:
SHANNA :woop:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh it’s not all from before, there is a boat match!

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
If Nyla is meant to be a heel they never learnt anything from Bubba Ray. People want to see women slammed through tables, it is known.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I feel like this storyline really could have run on Dynamite but I like that Nyla is being booked like a monster. :rip: Sadie, tried to come to the rescue and died.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Ham Wrangler
Brandon Cutler rolled a nat 1. This does not bode well.

Edit: Had to go back and zoom in. It was a 2, so there is a chance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kip Sabian cheated to beat QT Marshall, what a loving heel :laugh:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

JR: I think it's Ole!

:lol:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Cutler and Grayson kind of look alike, especially with Cutler busting out the face paint now.

He’s gonna make a great Dark Order member

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

JR getting upset at Tony and Excalibur excitedly discussing dice was great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Excalibur and Tony bonding over the venn diagram of their nerd hobbies :3:

Davros1 posted:

:hfive:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Davros1 posted:

The best part was him calling them video games and Tony getting all indignant

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really like Sonny Kiss but this match was a pretty good indication that he's still green and need a bit more in-ring seasoning (which, to be fair, is what Dark should be used for).

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 29, 2020

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Kip Sabian cheated to beat QT Marshall, what a loving heel :laugh:

He's one of the low key highlights of AEW as a whole. He's an incredible scumbag and he never beats ANYONE Cowan

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Jerusalem posted:

I really like Sonny Kiss but this match was a pretty good indication that they're still green and need a bit more in-ring seasoning (which, to be fair, is what Dark should be used for).

Yeah, the moment where he got the split leg drop, and then started acting hurt and desperate for the tag was one of those "you don't know it's there until it's gone" moments wrt wrestling psychology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

i swear to god they change when this is on every week

inthesto posted:

Yeah, the moment where he got the split leg drop, and then started acting hurt and desperate for the tag was one of those "you don't know it's there until it's gone" moments wrt wrestling psychology.

sonny was a bit ropey but i got strong wcw c-show vibes throughout which are vibes which i enjoy